Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Still No Legendary

Well I got replaced in my raid by a warrior who significantly outgears me (about 8 or more ilvls) with 2 legendaries. He isnt a bad player, but he simply pulls more dps than I can anymore.

My guild told me when I run higher mythics or get a legendary or two they will try to bring me back in....

My question is even with bad luck protection how have I still not gotten a legendary after continually grinding emissary caches and mythics and mythics +1s and +2s?

Do I just need to find a casual guild?

I am quite frustrated knowing I could get that %3-%5 dps increase from ONE piece of gear, let alone knowing some people already have 2 bis legendaries and have them equipped...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    Well I got replaced in my raid by a warrior who significantly outgears me (about 8 or more ilvls) with 2 legendaries. He isnt a bad player, but he simply pulls more dps than I can anymore.

My guild told me when I run higher mythics or get a legendary or two they will try to bring me back in....

My question is even with bad luck protection how have I still not gotten a legendary after continually grinding emissary caches and mythics and mythics +1s and +2s?

Do I just need to find a casual guild?

I am quite frustrated knowing I could get that %3-%5 dps increase from ONE piece of gear, let alone knowing some people already have 2 bis legendaries and have them equipped...
    Sorry, but I have to say it. If you do not have a legendary yet, you havent done enough content, as simple as that. As everyone else has said, its not about waiting for it, its about actually grabbing it. Not one single player in my guild is without a legendary yet, and most of us have 3. And its all about farming M+. I kinda get the feel that you are actually below 100 M+ done, most likely you are around 40-50, and anyhow, your legendary should drop soon, since the first legendary is very easy to farm. (Got one on all my 3 alts for example). But yea, if you cannot stand being replaced by a superior player, lower your expectations and go to a more casual guild.

Either you're the unluckiest person on the planet or you haven't run as much stuff as you think you have. The latter is almost guaranteed. They actually dramatically increased the chance a character gets its first legendary as a way for people just starting out now to catch up quickly, so really just continue to run more mythic+ dungeons and maybe do every difficulty of the raid you have time for whether you have to pug it or not.

The bad luck protection is based on number of opportunities you've had to get one, so as long as you continue doing it you're inevitably going to get one.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

What's your character name and server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jahauus View Post
    Sorry, but I have to say it. If you do not have a legendary yet, you havent done enough content, as simple as that. As everyone else has said, its not about waiting for it, its about actually grabbing it. Not one single player in my guild is without a legendary yet, and most of us have 3. And its all about farming M+. I kinda get the feel that you are actually below 100 M+ done, most likely you are around 40-50, and anyhow, your legendary should drop soon, since the first legendary is very easy to farm. (Got one on all my 3 alts for example). But yea, if you cannot stand being replaced by a superior player, lower your expectations and go to a more casual guild.
    I am most likely below 100 M+, but like I said. Ive done the emissary caches everyday almost since launch. Are you suggesting I have a better chance farming mythics instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    What's your character name and server?
    No offense but I prefer not say on the forums

Check the amount of raid bosses you've killed on normal or higher difficulty via the armory, check exact amount of mythic/mythic+ end bosses etc

Yup as others have said, they dramatically buffed the chances of getting a legendary if you don't have one. I've leveled 2 toons, one as a group of 5 leveling together new toons for M+.
    I received a Legendary from the first Mythic we did on both toons, and every person in the 5 man group had one in the first weekend with just doing the 10 M+0 dungeons that were available.

You should have one by now if you play the game at all.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're still lacking a legendary and you're in a mythic guild, you're either a VERY significant statistical outlier, or you're not doing enough content outside of raiding. And if you don't want to show your character off, we can't tell you which. The only way to get a legendary is to play more.

Put together a boost group for +2-+6 all dungeons. If the group is decent you can get ~9-12 chests an hour easy. If you can get a guild group, boost +7-+9's and get the same result, but with better loot inside the chests too

Link your armory. Your statements could be meaningless if you've run zero content to gear yourself.

Deleted
    if you don't have at least 15 days played you don't deserve one, i got my first at 21, I have two now and have almost 40 days played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    if you don't have at least 15 days played you don't deserve one, i got my first at 21, I have two now and have almost 40 days played.
    Depending on what you spend that time doing. To bring back a horrible analogy, sitting in Dalaran might make it look like you spend as much time, but spamming dungeons is more useful

The hell do you spend your time with? Running old raids?

Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    I am most likely below 100 M+, but like I said. Ive done the emissary caches everyday almost since launch. Are you suggesting I have a better chance farming mythics instead?
    Yes, again its based on number of chances you've had to get one. doing 1 emissary cache a day is 1 chance, doing 1 mythic dungeon is up to 3 chances x number of dungeons you've done. Most people get them from having spammed mythic dungeons for ap.

Below 100 mythic dungeons is an incredibly low number for this late in the xpac. I've been incredibly lazy and I have a few hundred, I have guild mates with over 1000 run.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Most people I know have at least one on their main. Farm M+, do emissary quests, knock out LFR, and kill the world bosses.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I hear you OP, I am not in the same boat, but i have heard of those who are and really are people that play the game to the max that are still behind due to this piss poor way of handing out legendries. But trust me, you are not in the worst boat, wait until that heart shattering moment when your first legendary drops and its the neck or the ring (you know which 2 im referring to). Now, you get to start that awful grind all over.
    Last edited by slime; 2016-11-26 at 05:25 PM.

Doing a little research I can see you have completed a total of 3 mythics + in time. Also you have not even completed a full run in EN normal. Do more content and you will get one eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jahauus View Post
    Im not sure winning the rng lottery and getting 2 legendaries (useful dps increasing ones at any rate) makes you a "superior" player. Hell, I know plenty of crayon eating idiots who got 2+ in the first month of the game... random is random, and there is the base fact that some legendaries can make or break a class

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 2. One's BiS. 10 days played. Only done Mythics enough to unlock Kara. Never run dungeons and only occassionally raid Normal. They both came from LFR. Don't be silly.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

You must be very unlucky.. I've got 2 legendaries and I've done less than 20 mythic/mythic+ combined and no raids. Done maybe 50% of the emissary caches since launch

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Im not sure winning the rng lottery and getting 2 legendaries (useful dps increasing ones at any rate) makes you a "superior" player
    It doesnt, but I does make you a superior contributor towards your raid.

OP story doesnt line up. You should only be replace for leg/gear/performance during mythic raiding. If you are mythic raiding you should understand this. Also If you are raiding at mythic lvl you should be doing more than m+1/2

as mentioned previously, look at your # of emissary boxes, raid boss kills, m+ runs ect. They are all probably low. Getting a legendary is about completing legendary eligible content. Completing higher level legendary eligible content increases the likely hood of receiving them.

IMO the #1 way to farm them is the highest m+ you can 3 chest. Just run as many as possible, pretty simple.