Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Straight from the NYT article Tennisface quoted.
    "Burned-out trucks and a police barricade have made the bridge impassable. Protesters say this is a needless threat to public safety — forcing emergency vehicles to detour about 20 m."

So from that sentence that means protesters are: burning vehicles, sabotage, and trolling police into responding with force, hell even shooting at cops. Can you read? Your quote doesnt say that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    With all the information you source for your uninformed opinion, how could I not come to that conclusion.
    You have some in the ops link, I would guess that police did not burn their own vehicles...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theyre attacking protesters. Thats okay with you?
    Because they're not doing anything wrong, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    You have some in the ops link, I would guess that police did not burn their own vehicles...
    Keep guessing, Im sure youll find the truth in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not really, The narrative comes from both sides has been questionable, and I didn't ask my buddies for video. Honestly I don't care enough about the issue to really pursue it.
    But you care enough to make an opinion and share it. I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Because they're not doing anything wrong, right?

Without a source of context, nothing is wrong here, no. I see a smiling woman holding a can of spray paint. Thats illegal?

Theyre attacking protesters. Thats okay with you?

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
    Water is not harmful.

Its easy to make things up as youve just proven.
    http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11...phia-wilansky/

The fingerwagging in this thread. Sometimes I think that if the internet existed in the 1700's, the US would still be run by England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    I like how you neglected to mention that these "protesters" of yours have burned down several police vehicles, thrown molotovs at the police officers and worst of all tried to vandalise other pipelines in the area threatening great damage to the environment.

Those rioters need to be dealt with harshly.
    It amazes me recently how it seems so many people don't seem to know the difference between protesting and rioting...seem to think destruction is just a acceptable part of a friendly protest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a source of context, nothing is wrong here, no. I see a smiling woman holding a can of spray paint. Thats illegal?
    That is Presidential candidate Jill Stein vandalizing a bulldozer at the work site of the pipe line with other protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Water is not harmful.
    It is when its sub 0'. Rubber bullets are, pepper spray bullets are, tear gas grenades are. Im not sure you have a point here.

So many idiots protesting who don't even know what's happening. My family is native american and I was talking to my daughter about this yesterday. She was just furious about what is happening up there. I asked her why and she said they're building the pipeline on native lands without permission (untrue, the pipeline is going up on private property) and she said it can contaminate the reservations water (also untrue, unless the planet somehow shifts on it's axis and reverses the direction the water supply currently flows...) Anyway, just a bunch of uninformed idiots standing in the cold for no reason...

That is Presidential candidate Jill Stein vandalizing a bulldozer at the work site of the pipe line with other protesters.
    Because you say it is?

It is when its sub 0'. Rubber bullets are, tear gas bullets are, tear gas grenades are. Im not sure you have a point here.
    Perhaps they should move their protest to their own land then. The right to protest does not extend to the right to trespass.

I fail to see what basic right they have, to tell another land owner they cannot build something on their land, that literally affects them in NO WAY.

Perhaps they should move their protest to their own land then. The right to protest does not extend to the right to trespass.

I fail to see what basic right they have, to tell another land owner they cannot build something on their land, that literally affects them in NO WAY.
    Moving the goal posts huh.. good for you. Clearly you just dont agree with the protests, which is fine, but trying to justify these attacks makes you a sad human.

Moving the goal posts huh.. good for you.
    I added a goal post. I didn't duck out on anything.

Again, what right do they have to trespass? If a person protests me on my land, I might turn the hose on them too, as would be my right.

Oh no!!! Not a bulldozer!! I bet that can of spray paint really adversely affected its function.

She probably threw someone $100 for the 15 minutes it took to wash it off afterwards, vandalism isn't condonable but I also think you could find a more sinister example of wrongdoing than an old woman with a can of spray paint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you say it is?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37292570

Google isn't hard. Or are you questioning the claim that what she's doing isn't vandalism?

I added a goal post. I didn't duck out on anything.
    Youre right, water cannons and pepper spray and rubber bullets and tear gas arent weapons, so they should protest somewhere else. Thats your argument.

Youre right, water cannons and pepper spray and rubber bullets and tear gas arent weapons, so they should protest somewhere else. Thats your argument.
    Is it private property? What if I blocked your driveway with my car? Call the police? What if I refused to leave? Wouldn't they arrest me, using force if necessary?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    His point was that if they weren't trespassing on private property, they wouldn't need to be removed by force in the first place.