Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Oh no!!! Not a bulldozer!! I bet that can of spray paint really adversely affected its function.

She probably threw someone $100 for the 15 minutes it took to wash it off afterwards, vandalism isn't condonable but I also think you could find a more sinister example of wrongdoing than an old woman with a can of spray paint.
    Again, not too hard to find this stuff....

My biggest issue isn't the threat to waterways, which is actually fairly low. My issue comes with the use of eminent domain to push a corporate agenda. People don't have nearly aas many property rights and freedoms as they believe, and that's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Is it private property? What if I blocked your driveway with my car? Call the police? What if I refused to leave? Wouldn't they arrest me, using force if necessary?
    Its unceeded treaty land. So youre right, its Sioux Nation private property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Who broke the law? The police? DAPL? What laws have the protesters broken?

- - - Updated - - -

Its easy to make things up as youve just proven.

Not a fan of Young Turks but causing mass hypothermia on the protestors is pretty fucking dangerous and imo borderline illegal.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Water is not harmful.
    Water can easily be harmful. It can be used to cut steel, freeze people to death, and even drown them.

Youre right, water cannons and pepper spray and rubber bullets and tear gas arent weapons, so they should protest somewhere else. Thats your argument.
    If you see anti-riot methods as WEAPONS and VIOLENCE well, I don't know what to say to you. Do you think when wars happen, they get out the water cannons?

TYT and DemocracyNow are covering it but its not getting the attention it needs from national media.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you verify even one of your claims? Shouldnt be hard if your friends saw this stuff, I mean everyone has a camera these days.
    is CNN a good enough source for it getting national media attention and showing that protesters did in fact set fire to vehicles, use molotov cocktails, and fire guns at officers? Or is CNN now a right wing propaganda outlet to you since it doesn't paint the police as being completely unjustified in their response to violent protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Again, not too hard to find this stuff....

Its interesting that theres no videos of people actually attacking police.. only the other way around. People at the protest say fires were started after the water cannons were used to keep people from going into shock from hypothermia.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

Not a fan of Young Turks but causing mass hypothermia on the protestors is pretty fucking dangerous and imo borderline illegal.
    I mean, they could go home and dry off...

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    is CNN a good enough source for it getting national media attention and showing that protesters did in fact set fire to vehicles, use molotov cocktails, and fire guns at officers? Or is CNN now a right wing propaganda outlet to you since it doesn't paint the police as being completely unjustified in their response to violent protesters.
    CNN speculates on those facts. You should learn English. Itll help you get farther in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If you see anti-riot methods as WEAPONS and VIOLENCE well, I don't know what to say to you. Do you think when wars happen, they get out the water cannons?
    Are you some kind of retard? Of course those are weapons and used violently. Its not even a question ffs.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-11-26 at 06:34 PM.

Its unceeded treaty land. So youre right, its Sioux Nation private property.
    The video two posts up shows a map and it clearly goes around the reservation. So I don't know that you're correct.

Either way, answer my original question. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    18 million people can have their water source contaminated by this project. I don't know how anyone can be in favour of such a project.
    Because Flint Michigan still doesn't have clean water.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    His point was that if they weren't trespassing on private property, they wouldn't need to be removed by force in the first place.
    Theyre on treaty land. How are they trespassing?

Without a source of context, nothing is wrong here, no. I see a smiling woman holding a can of spray paint. Thats illegal?
    When she's clearly vandalizing private or public property then yes, it is illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its interesting that theres no videos of people actually attacking police.. only the other way around. People at the protest say fires were started after the water cannons were used to keep people from going into shock from hypothermia.
    You did see them running AT the water right? This wasn't a case of officers charging the protesters with water cannons. The officers set up a line for the protesters to not cross and they continuously ran at it. And if you're afraid of getting hypothermia standing outside in freezing North Dakota soaking wet isn't a smart thing to do.

The video two posts up shows a map and it clearly goes around the reservation. So I don't know that you're correct.

Either way, answer my original question. What would you do?
    http://ndstudies.gov/gr8/content/uni...ck-reservation And just so were on the same page, Treaties are some of the highest forms of law the USA has.

http://ndstudies.gov/gr8/content/uni...ck-reservation And just so were on the same page, Treaties are some of the highest forms of law the USA has.
    Watch the video.

Watch the video.
    Their land extends past their reservation. You can clearly see that theyre not showing all the land that the Laramie treaty set out. Misleading at best.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-11-26 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Because Flint Michigan still doesn't have clean water.
    2 unrelated incidents. Please stay on topic.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Theyre on treaty land. How are they trespassing?
    How is that even a question?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain