Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Their land extends past their reservation. You can clearly see that theyre not showing all the land that the Laramie treaty set out. Misleading at best.
    And while the land being used for the pipeline is not technically on its reservation, tribal leaders argue that the federal government did not adequately engage the Standing Rock Sioux during the permitting process—a requirement under federal law.
    http://time.com/4548566/dakota-acces...ng-rock-sioux/

I'll believe TIME, over you.

"Burned-out trucks and a police barricade have made the bridge impassable. Protesters say this is a needless threat to public safety — forcing emergency vehicles to detour about 20 m."

So from that sentence that means protesters are: burning vehicles, sabotage, and trolling police into responding with force, hell even shooting at cops. Can you read? Your quote doesnt say that at all.

You do realize in order for vehicles to be burned-out somebody is burning vehicles, right?

And I like your selective quoting. It proves when somebody has firsthand knowledge of the situation weekly you ignore it. I didn't even bring up all the emails I am getting because my Native American professor put the class on a mailing list that gets regular updates.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    "take private property for public use" How is this for public use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I have a few friends of mine that actually went to ND to join the protest and came back after seeing some of the bullshit they were pulling I.E. burning vehicles, sabotage, and trolling police into responding with force, hell even shooting at cops.

Problem with these protests is that there are always groups of outside instigators I.E. Anarchists who take a legit cause and besmirch it's goals and values.

Additionally, theres a lot of mis information out there from both sides.
    Many brave soldiers fought in 18th century so that America could be a free country where the rights enshrined in the constitution would be respected. By not even allowing free, peaceful protests, these law enforcement officials are basically spitting on the constitution.

Keep guessing, Im sure youll find the truth in there.

- - - Updated - - -

But you care enough to make an opinion and share it. I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Without a source of context, nothing is wrong here, no. I see a smiling woman holding a can of spray paint. Thats illegal?

That's a tractor blade she's vandalizing which means she isn't on land she legally has access to and thus is trespassing. At least two laws violated.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Many brave soldiers fought in 18th century so that America could be a free country where the rights enshrined in the constitution would be respected. By not even allowing free, peaceful protests, these law enforcement officials are basically spitting on the constitution.
    Could you please point out the section of constitution that allows you to trespass and vandalise private property?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    That's a tractor blade she's vandalizing which means she isn't on land she legally has access to and thus is trespassing. At least two laws violated.
    Well, see, none of that means that based on a picture without context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quoted for truth, yet another fake martyr.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "take private property for public use" How is this for public use?
    lol dude, you are just grasping at straws here. The pipeline provides enough of a public service according to the state government to allow for eminent domain. If you want an answer to that, you talk to them. They could be providing oil to the state at a fraction of the cost or something, which would be a public service, IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    My biggest issue isn't the threat to waterways, which is actually fairly low. My issue comes with the use of eminent domain to push a corporate agenda. People don't have nearly aas many property rights and freedoms as they believe, and that's a shame.

Eminent domain wasn't used, land rights were bought/leased/gifted for DAPL.

Absolute travesty right now. Corporate greed over the rights of citizens.

This is how Trumpistan will look like for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Could you please point out the section of constitution that allows you to trespass and vandalise private property?
    1] The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

There you have it.

1] The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

There you have it.
    No, that doesnt say its okay to burn and protest on private property.

Its interesting that theres no videos of people actually attacking police.. only the other way around. People at the protest say fires were started after the water cannons were used to keep people from going into shock from hypothermia.

You don't set vehicles on fire to warm up.

You use the firewood the Sioux boyfriend of a gal in my class personally drove to the main camp that is land they have legal access.

The protesters are going beyond peaceful demonstrations on private property owned by DAPL.

10+ Year Old Account
    1]or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
    Impeding the operations of a company isn't peaceful and doesn't fall under the protection of the 1st.

10+ Year Old Account

There you have it.
    I don't see any right to burn cars and trespass in the text you quoted, try again.

PS: Do note the words peaceably assemble...

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

There you have it.
    lol "First Amendment"

Seriously though, what really?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Eminent domain wasn't used, land rights were bought/leased/gifted for DAPL.
    Eminent domain was used on the pipeline. This was especially true for it's path through Iowa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Access_Pipeline

"Landowners across Iowa are concerned about the implications of allowing the state to condemn privately owned land, particularly agricultural land, on behalf of a company that has not demonstrated any substantial public benefit to the residents of Iowa.[10] In March 2015, a Des Moines Register poll found that while fifty-seven percent of Iowans supported the Dakota Access Pipeline, seventy-four percent were opposed to the use of eminent domain condemnation on behalf of a private corporation.[77]

For pipelines, eminent domain is used to legally grant "right of way" to the land. In this situation, many people assume that "eminent domain" means land is being taken away from land owners.[78][79] Land owners are compensated for the long-term use of their land, and paid for the loss of the current crop on farmland, replacement of fences, and re-seeding of grass[80][81] in what is called a voluntary easement.[82] Across the four states on the pipeline's route, 99% of privately-owned properties involved are considered voluntary easements as of August, 2016; properties in all states but Iowa have been retained as voluntary easements at rates of 100%.[82]"

http://ndstudies.gov/gr8/content/uni...ck-reservation And just so were on the same page, Treaties are some of the highest forms of law the USA has.

And while there is truth to that fight, unless they get those lands returned they currently have no right to be on DAPL land.

And what some of the protesters are doing currently won't help that cause which is ongoing and handled through the courts.

CNN speculates on those facts. You should learn English. Itll help you get farther in life.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/us/dak...line-protests/

Maybe read this and tell me where they say that they're speculating that "Protesters set fire to nine vehicles, construction equipment and debris on a bridge, resulting in the closure of Highway 1806".

Also look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-uM...ature=youtu.be , does that look like a molotov cocktail flying through the air towards the cops or is that just me?