Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Wrong, hybrids are back thanks to how the Legendary points work, you have a total of 5 Legendary points but only a maximum of 3 in one soul so 61 builds are kinda useless because you don't have any decent abilities in the other two souls lower trees/roots to utilise the other 2 Legendary points.

For example, one of the the highest single target Mage spec atm is 41 Elementalist and 35 Pyromancer with a 0 point Dom soul, one of the highest for Clerics is 38 Defiler, 36 Inquisitor and 2 points in Runeshaper so yes Hybrids are very much viable again.
    So, if I wanted to run a Pally/Paragon/WC build it'd be viable?

Honeslty the "all tricks, all traps" modern design puts me off but not as much as the foul userbase. The few remaining die hard fanboys are so bile spewingly vile i dont think they understand their attempts to ride their noble internet steeds to defend their maidens purity from the vile internet hordes does not convince people their game is good, it pushes people away.

Everyone knows the KC Green strip of the dog in the burning room going "this is fine" right? thats the Rift die hards. They bitch and moan and cry and silence all opinions not stepping in line as the user numbers dwindle and like the infamous tortanic screenshots from the bioware forums there comes a point where "fuck everyone if im happy thats all that matters" eventually reaches breaking point when your mmo has infinite ques for things and you dont remember the last time you saw two people playing together in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Wrong, hybrids are back thanks to how the Legendary points work, you have a total of 5 Legendary points but only a maximum of 3 in one soul so 61 builds are kinda useless because you don't have any decent abilities in the other two souls lower trees/roots to utilise the other 2 Legendary points.

For example, one of the the highest single target Mage spec atm is 41 Elementalist and 35 Pyromancer with a 0 point Dom soul, one of the highest for Clerics is 38 Defiler, 36 Inquisitor and 2 points in Runeshaper so yes Hybrids are very much viable again.
    lol this is cute, so that mage thing is like absolute new, and the only reason it exist is because mage dps is dead last period. their legendaries are absolutely terrible. there was zero intention by devs to bring back hybrids and this one is just a fluke, which will prob dissapear if they ever decide to balance classes. all 61 mage specs are at the bottom because feedback was ignored on how to improve their legendaries.

(just a point of reference for some of u about 1 mage 61 legendary, fussilade is a spell is a 1 min cd that channels fireball every .5 sec for 2.5 sec. the legendary adds a fulminate which is a hard hitting spell in the pyro mages toolkit. so every 1 min you get prob close to another 2 fireballs if it crits. rogue ranger on the other hand gets and ability that gives it 5 combo points every sec for 15 secs on a 30 sec cd.0)

61 reaver is the highest war range spec
    61 ranger is the highest rogue range spec
    61 inquis is right up there, not sure if top but def more than viable
    dont know enough about prim, but considering trion doesnt care that much about them, they prob have their old range hybrid as top

on top of that all if not most of melee specs have 61 requirements

there are no mage harb hybrids, or warrior warlord,paragon, or riftblade or cleric shaman for top dps.

so yeah completely wrong on all fronts. the only class that doesnt have good low level legendaries is mage because all their dps souls are forced into a tank soul for their dps to be viable

Something I forgot to add in my original post is that I'm absolutely frustrated with the lack of clear communication from the devs for their intentions for the game. They're just pushing changes regularly to classes and content and we have no idea why other than that's what they wanted. They're not talking about the direction of the game, they're not talking about intentions with classes or hybrids, they're just doing who only know what.

Another massive pet peeve is that things that should have their own collection systems and unlock account wide when either bought with credits or earned in game (books, mounts, role slots, artifacts, companions, titles, bank slots, shard banks, achievements, bag slots, ect.) are instead used to milk the players for their money.
    Last edited by Selah; 2016-11-26 at 05:27 AM.

Honestly, it's not WoW.

I've tried every other large MMO around (including Rift), and a bunch of the smaller ones.

Always come back to WoW, because they always all fall short.

Whether it's the gameplay itself, the graphics bugging me, end game, active player numbers being too low to actually be able to reliably do stuff in a timely matter.

I know that's beating a dead horse, but, it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    Honestly, it's not WoW.

I've tried every other large MMO around (including Rift), and a bunch of the smaller ones.

Always come back to WoW, because they always all fall short.

Whether it's the gameplay itself, the graphics bugging me, end game, active player numbers being too low to actually be able to reliably do stuff in a timely matter.

I know that's beating a dead horse, but, it's the truth.
    You know, that's the thing. When Rift launched it was 4 months after Cataclysm had released and people were incredibly disenchanted with WoW at the time. All people had to do for content was run instances and raids. That was it. A few daily quests here and there but that was it. Rift burst into the scene and it had taken everything great from the Wrath model of WoW and thrust it into a new world. On top of having a more diverse class system that really did let you play how you want it also had genuine open world content. Rifts, raid rifts, pvp rifts, one time world events, zone events, so on and so forth. It wasn't WoW but it was familiar. The team saw extreme success to start. They cranked out 11 major content patches before MoP came out.

The problem Trion ran into is they wanted to be WoW instead of embracing what Rift had. So they started to destroy their fantastic talent system in favor of 61 point builds, they stopped focusing so much on unique open world content instead they wanted raids and 5-mans so that's what got the development time. I'm a firm believer that Trion's greatest failing with Rift was that they tried too hard to be WoW 2.0 instead of letting Rift become it's own game. I suspect if Rift had stayed true to it's roots it would have seen far better success and would be a much better state. It was only a matter of time before Blizzard hit another expansion out of the park like they did with Legion and now Rift is reeling worse than before. Players are now faced with a choice, a massively popular game with the funding and support it or a broken and hallow shell of a game that wishes it were WoW. Honestly I can't even justify spending money on Rift anymore because they're just so far gone from what made them great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    The problem Trion ran into is they wanted to be WoW instead of embracing what Rift had. So they started to destroy their fantastic talent system in favor of 61 point builds, they stopped focusing so much on unique open world content instead they wanted raids and 5-mans so that's what got the development time. I'm a firm believer that Trion's greatest failing with Rift was that they tried too hard to be WoW 2.0 instead of letting Rift become it's own game.
    Not even sure what games you people play most of the time.

Rift as in any other Western MMO has raids/dungeons as end-game content, nothing else, if people cant grasp that it is not the companies fault.

Rift failed cause they were rushing shit to "We patch so often compared to WoW! Look at us!" and literally 9/10 bosses were broken or bugged even the invasion ones.

It failed cause instead of focusing on simply fixing stuff, they released useless content, that can be devoured in 1-2 hours by any competent player that doesnt use their ass to breathe.

"Diverse" builds, what game were you playing again?

All through out original Rift everything was so broken that they were patching things without testing in order to save shit.

I remember talking with Elrar, telling him to call Allion, the rogue developer or however he was called, maybe Ailion to tell him that the latest PTR build broke 2 rogue classes.

The different specs with different Energy costs, making half the specs unplayable until 5 months after the energy regen got boosted from 20 to something like 23.8 to make all specs playable, and simply causing the lower energy specs to be broken as fuck, hence making the other specs 100% worthless and useless pile of garbage.

Or Mages? Pyro or go home..Oh wait, Stormcaller got buffed for 2 days, everyone reroll! Oh fuck it, nerfed again, they fucked up math!

I will admit Chloromancer is the best idea ever though!

Warriors that had 1 spec for 2 raid tiers that was simply broken as fuck as long as you played correctly, making rest souls whatever they are called useless.

Rift failed because of listening to their active playerbase, their stuck up (shit) developers wanted to keep trying to copy TBC instead of getting on with the times.. I am pretty positive it still has that retarded hit rating system, doesnt it?
    Last edited by potis; 2016-11-26 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is day nine (there were issues at launch on the 16th) after the expansion.

Still issues with shard hopping / completion of quests and now an entire dungeon disabled - again.
    Rewards for completing dungeon not working - instead you get deserter buff.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...d-repairs.html

Customer Support is non existent

I (and others) won a deluxe edition on the livestream on the 18th.

I sent a message direct to TrionWorlds on TWITCH - it's where I got my last key sent.

Another winner posted on forums. I bumped it. After a bit, we were told by TrionBrasse to contact CM Morgana at community at Trionworlds e-mail address.
    I sent an e-mail - no response except - "we've received your mail"
    I tweeted Trion - no response
    I PM'ed TrionBrasse - no response
    I PM'ed Morgana - no response.
    I bumped it on the forums again - no response.

I am a patron - a paying subscriber.

NO RESPONSE.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-26 at 08:30 AM.

Eh, its not surprising, Thanksgiving week, and they probably have 1 person dealing with 5000 emails.

They really do love disabling their content this expansion.

Other winner here, they responded to my tweet saying email them, I did, no response, but its the holidays so I am fine with waiting a bit longer.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Not even sure what games you people play most of the time.

Rift as in any other Western MMO has raids/dungeons as end-game content, nothing else, if people cant grasp that it is not the companies fault.
    Really? There weren't zone events or one time events like River of Souls? Raid rifts, crafting rifts, PvP rifts, wardstones, those didn't exist? Instant Adventures?
    Rift failed cause they were rushing shit to "We patch so often compared to WoW! Look at us!" and literally 9/10 bosses were broken or bugged even the invasion ones.
    Yes, that has always been a problem for Rift, and a criticism I've always had of Trion.

"Diverse" builds, what game were you playing again?
    A game where I could run a Vind/Pally/Reaver build, run around with a 2h weapon and be an effective tank. How about the Pally/Paragon hybrid that was incredibly popular? Pyro/Warlock was always a blast. Clerics were picking up a few points in Justicar if they were having a hard time with not dying and it genuinely helped. Warriors were always throwing a splash of Reaver or Pally into their builds if that wanted some more survivability. MM/BD was another one that players liked because it gave the ability to do effective ranged and melee damage. The list goes on but you get the idea. The talent system genuinely worked in the original game. A lot of people weren't using 51 point builds but that's the entire point of these talent trees.
    All through out original Rift everything was so broken that they were patching things without testing in order to save shit.
    Things broke, yes. Not everything and not all the time.
    I remember talking with Elrar, telling him to call Allion, the rogue developer or however he was called, maybe Ailion to tell him that the latest PTR build broke 2 rogue classes.
    I have yet to meet a game where things don't break on the test realm.
    The different specs with different Energy costs, making half the specs unplayable until 5 months after the energy regen got boosted from 20 to something like 23.8 to make all specs playable, and simply causing the lower energy specs to be broken as fuck, hence making the other specs 100% worthless and useless pile of garbage.
    Sounds like an MMO needed something to be changed, like any other game.
    Or Mages? Pyro or go home..Oh wait, Stormcaller got buffed for 2 days, everyone reroll! Oh fuck it, nerfed again, they fucked up math!
    This is something a lot of people get upset about. Having a warrior as my main I understand incredibly well. However this is the price we pay for these talent trees. As far as I can remember Rift is the only game to actually hold onto these trees. Everyone else, Blizzard included, ditched these trees. Class balance is a bit of a roller coaster ride. Not to say it isn't in other games but almost every patch class balance is upended. My biggest problem right now is that instead of having viable hybrids, the whole reason we even have these talent trees in the first place, Trion has come down incredibly hard on them and they no longer exist.

Warriors that had 1 spec for 2 raid tiers that was simply broken as fuck as long as you played correctly, making rest souls whatever they are called useless.
    See above.
    Rift failed because of listening to their active playerbase, their stuck up (shit) developers wanted to keep trying to copy TBC instead of getting on with the times.. I am pretty positive it still has that retarded hit rating system, doesnt it?
    This is what I've been saying. They were trying to be WoW instead of being their own game. Their entire launch campaign was "we're not in Azeroth anymore." All the team had to do was embrace what Rift did well and get away from that idea but instead they're just a shell of a game that wishes it was WoW.

I have yet to meet a game where things don't break on the test realm.
    On that point to be fair sometimes that is the intent. Test realms have do that so you hope they fix stuff. But can you say it's acceptable that 3 times now in 2 weeks content on the live client has had to be disabled? Yes sometimes this can also happen on a live client but can you say 3 times in 2 weeks is normal?

Edit. Gave up trying to fix the quote properly so just wrapped it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-26 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    On that point to be fair sometimes that is the intent. Test realms have do that so you hope they fix stuff. But can you say it's acceptable that 3 times now in 2 weeks content on the live client has had to be disabled? Yes sometimes this can also happen on a live client but can you say 3 times in 2 weeks is normal?

Edit. Gave up trying to fix the quote properly so just wrapped it.
    No, that's a huge issue I have with Trion. The expansion wasn't finished, they shouldn't have launched. When you launch a game and half of it is disabled on launch day because you couldn't be bothered to take the time to polish the game you shouldn't be making games.

Lack of interesting world content is a big one for me

Where as other games have World quests, contracts, or fates, RIFT only has RIFTS, which play out the exact same all the time except with a different color of RIFT.

Deleted
    They lost me with upping the restrictions for f2p, I would rather have had paid expansions. Now they are doing both, it is not the Rift I once loved.
    That's probably it.
    Seeing that the expansion has no pvp content what so ever doesn't make things better either.

Deleted
    I thought this game died. Pretty impressive you can run an mmorpg with less than 3000 players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I thought this game died. Pretty impressive you can run an mmorpg with less than 3000 players.
    You can run it with 200 players, just look at AoC It depends on how many whales you have left

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You can run it with 200 players, just look at AoC It depends on how many whales you have left
    Since they are charging for so much in the game, the ones who still play sure needs to pay for the missing ones :P

Finally created a similar thread on the official forums. Please feel free to go post there too, maybe something will be heard, maybe it'll just get deleted. Heads up, I posted a wall of text.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5265837