Most Sets are still useless
    Most weapon types are useless (again).
    1) Agree.
    2) Not really.
    3) Opinion
    4) Opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post

I've been tempted to try The Division, too, but I got scared off due to the bad reviews I'd been hearing prior to 1.4.
    After 1.4 its done a good turn around.

Deleted
    Ah sorry mate but...

2) "not really"?

Mobs spawn, I shoot them with ballistic shield, they ignore me and run to someone else (who didn't shoot, with no line of sight too). How is that even remotely "not really". I don't even know when I have aggro, is it that light red glow they have sometimes? (which isn't pulse) As far as I can tell, a threat system doesn't even exist, when something like that happens

3) Not really an opinion, firecrest, banshee, lone star and very specifically - DeadEye (which is a flat DPS decrease if you use the bonus, due to low amounts of critdamage available) - are useless compared to the slightly better ones.

4) Not really an opinion, at least in PvE, mathematically, ARs are king, DMRs are not accurate enough, SMG lost it's touch because Crit is hard to come by and the bonus is weaker than ARs. LMGs got nerfed somewhere along the way.
    Shotguns are still pretty much unusable due to how the AI moves/runs away/ignores you.

If you meant to say "I like to use X, so Y is the best set" - sure, but if we are talking about how useful they are compared to each other - no
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-24 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been tempted to try The Division, too, but I got scared off due to the bad reviews I'd been hearing prior to 1.4. Well, that and the fact I'm pretty garbage at shooters. (I know - it's an RPG, so it's not nearly as twitch based.) If I'm going to be honest, part of the appeal is the graphics. The game looks spectacular... but I have an old graphics card (680), so...
    Honestly, the bad reviews were deserved early-on, but they've addressed almost everything at this point, especially for solo players (like myself). The campaign itself is solid and lengthy enough to be a good experience, the Underground is good repeatable randomized dungeons, and my one foray into Survival tells me it's probably gonna be my new home when I've got the time for it.

It's more tactical than twitch, really. Positioning is huge, though you'll need decent aim, but it's more of a tactical cover shooter than one where you're 360 noscoping.

The graphics ARE fantastic. I'm running an R9 380 which should be pretty comparable to your GTX 680, and it looks REALLY good, even on Medium settings.

I really want to give the game a chance but they need to deep discount that season pass. Not only is it not worth its price but the price of one of the dlc in it is around what i would be willing to pay for the season pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I don't think the Season Pass is justified at all. You could argue Underground is fun to do, but to me Survival is just a gimmick game mode.

The initial benefit of the season pass (which got implemented REALLY late) is the 2-weekly supply drop. This contained some nice items in a cache, but now that loot is all over the place you can argue if this is still a true benefit at all. With the nerf to ammo capacity the Police Backpack has lost its use/exploit. Also, I think it was the Alpha Bridge set which was exclusive to the season pass, that’s been available to everybody since a patch or two before 1.5. So the Season Pass…. I don’t know. It’s not like you’re missing much without it. Maybe some cool weapon skins but nothing gamechanging. It's still a wait and see what Last Stand will offer, the final DLC of year 1.

So if you want to give the game another chance, you can do it rightfully so without the season pass, since 1.4 and 1.5 corrected so much to the core game already. All the changes, all the new weapons and gearset, that's all in the base game patches.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-11-24 at 09:08 AM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I dont get why Season pass is 50% off on Steam for the fall sale, but still full price on Uplay. I have the main game on Uplay, not steam.. can I buy the season pass on steam and link it to Uplay if my main game isnt on steam, or its impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I played for a day now, played Survival (PvP), didn't like it so much, though the end of it really felt like DZ-Day 1. I was so scared... and I won, yay.

What I dislike:

Bugs are still there.... but at least not as many as before
    Threat mechanic is still wonky as fuck.
    Most Sets are still useless
    Most weapon types are useless (again).

What I like:

Ballistic shield, Seeker mines and other tech/skillpower skills are awesome now
    New world difficulty is just right
    So much loot.
    The "no-set"-set is awesome. I wish I had most of these unique-high end items.
    1. there is bugs in every game
    2. needs some work but it would then start heading into tank/dps/healer roles
    3. actually most sets are usable, most sets don't offer a massive dps boost anymore, some are a little more usefull than others but your just as effective no matter the set you use
    4. most weapons are usable, LMGs are very good if you get one with the correct talents, ARs are more commonly used, snipers are as good as always, SMG not really used as much, shotguns with the magazines are decent and usable, LMG/AR are the better weapons to use currently but all weapons are at least reasonably decent compared to what they were before.

regards to survival you can focus on pve version if you dont like pvp, it is a decent bit of content and if you manage to extract you can clear over 20 items easily.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    2. needs some work but it would then start heading into tank/dps/healer roles
    Which is clearly what they tried to do since day 1.

Why give the shield an increased threat mechanic and 500 times the amount of HP a player has.
    It's also why I started playing this game in the first place. It clearly tried to build different roles.

It doesn't have to be WoW-Style aggro (just stand there and do nothing and DDs won't get aggro until 2h pass), but at least let it be consistent.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-25 at 02:36 AM.

As far as I can tell, it means you'd need to run Steam and Ubi's launcher at the same time to play. I'm not speaking from first hand knowledge, though.
    Sort of. To purchase and get a key. After that all you need from Steam Division-wise is updates(Steam update speed is times better than Uplay). You can update it from Uplay, too, but let's face it, Uplay is shit. You will need Uplay o0nly when you might want to unlock some bonuses, yet still, you can do that on webpages
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I dont get why Season pass is 50% off on Steam for the fall sale, but still full price on Uplay. I have the main game on Uplay, not steam.. can I buy the season pass on steam and link it to Uplay if my main game isnt on steam, or its impossible?
    Yep, I want a discount on the uplay version as that's what I have as well and I'm not buying the game twice. Not sure why I bought the uplay version either instead of the steam version at this point.

Which is clearly what they tried to do since day 1.

Why give the shield an increased threat mechanic and 500 times the amount of HP a player has.
    It's also why I started playing this game in the first place. It clearly tried to build different roles.

It doesn't have to be WoW-Style aggro (just stand there and do nothing and DDs won't get aggro until 2h pass), but at least let it be consistent.
    problem is if they did want the trifecta specs then mobs and bosses would have to do more damage and have tons more health to warrant having set roles, i think the best option would be just sort what skills they have so if you want to grab threat you can, but i don't even think the mobs have a proper threat table to manage.

Deleted
    Well, the skills should define the tank/dps/heal role, and the stats should work just like they are currently.
    Unlike in WoW/Rift etc. it's not like you get the classic DPS/Tank/Heal scaling in Division, you need X amount of firearms to do something in between skill cooldowns (which are long and huge) and you need Y amount of stamina so that a stray bullet won't kill you straight away (or other AoE effects/grenades/burns/bleeds).

So when they introduce the ballistic shield and give it a +threat modifier, that's good enough. It's just that the threat mechanic itself seems to be as reliable as Scavenging was from time to time. Feels a bit like the Skittish M+ affix.

Well, that aside, I'm really pissed about certain bugs again. Yesterday, and just now again, I couldn't swap weapons or shoot and only a relog can fix that. It's probably related to the ballistic shield. Most annoying thing was, I was at the last elevator @ Lexington and I was playing alone - relog = instance reset. 10 minutes or more wasted for nothing.

I have to take back what I said yesterday about Shotguns, seems like 10% of the shotguns are actually usable. The SASG-something is amazing, compared to the super90/M870 etc. Not sure why it's so much better than the rest, but it is. Need to get my Striker set back to 256.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-25 at 04:53 PM.

Well, the skills should define the tank/dps/heal role, and the stats should work just like they are currently.
    Unlike in WoW/Rift etc. it's not like you get the classic DPS/Tank/Heal scaling in Division, you need X amount of firearms to do something in between skill cooldowns (which are long and huge) and you need Y amount of stamina so that a stray bullet won't kill you straight away (or other AoE effects/grenades/burns/bleeds).

So when they introduce the ballistic shield and give it a +threat modifier, that's good enough. It's just that the threat mechanic itself seems to be as reliable as Scavenging was from time to time. Feels a bit like the Skittish M+ affix.

Well, that aside, I'm really pissed about certain bugs again. Yesterday, and just now again, I couldn't swap weapons or shoot and only a relog can fix that. It's probably related to the ballistic shield. Most annoying thing was, I was at the last elevator @ Lexington and I was playing alone - relog = instance reset. 10 minutes or more wasted for nothing.

I have to take back what I said yesterday about Shotguns, seems like 10% of the shotguns are actually usable. The SASG-something is amazing, compared to the super90/M870 etc. Not sure why it's so much better than the rest, but it is. Need to get my Striker set back to 256.
    the few times ive used the shield recently you just have to drop it if you want to switch weapons or you cant switch over, not experienced many bugs in the game apart from the falling through the floor bug in the early days. ARs are the goto weapon mostly but at least you can play with most other weapons if you want now.

Deleted
    That's another bug. I've encountered the "can't switch weapon bug" - which is fixed by throwing away the shield, and then there is the "I can't shoot bug", which can't be fixed from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, the bad reviews were deserved early-on, but they've addressed almost everything at this point, especially for solo players (like myself). The campaign itself is solid and lengthy enough to be a good experience, the Underground is good repeatable randomized dungeons, and my one foray into Survival tells me it's probably gonna be my new home when I've got the time for it.

It's more tactical than twitch, really. Positioning is huge, though you'll need decent aim, but it's more of a tactical cover shooter than one where you're 360 noscoping.
    *nod* Yeah, that pretty much lines up with everything that I've read / watched about it. I always take reviews with a grain of salt, but when the vast majority all say the same thing? Well, there is probably something to it.

I did end up buying it yesterday, I was too curious and I figure that even if I only play through the campaign and some other bits of content here and there, then I will have gotten my money's worth out of it. I still do suck at shooters, but there is enough tactical elements to it that I can manage So far, I've soloed the first 3 "dungeons" (Police District, rescuing the doctor, rescuing the police guy) - albeit with several deaths as I learn the layout & mechanics.

I'm still trying to get a feel for the different weapons. I'm actually liking the sniper rifles (accurate and they can eliminate threats quick), assault rifles (good middle of the road weapon), and shotguns (one shotting the melee mobs, esp when I'm being pinned down by elites with LMGs and the like.

The graphics ARE fantastic. I'm running an R9 380 which should be pretty comparable to your GTX 680, and it looks REALLY good, even on Medium settings.
    Surprisingly, it defaulted to a lot of high settings for me - after I updated my drivers to prevent it from crashing during the intro cutscene*. Of course, I haven't bothered to try to figure out if there is an FPS meter in game to see how well it's running, but it's felt smooth to me (for the most part). The game is just a feast for the eyes.

* Side note: I did find it somewhat unnerving that the events started to take place on Black Friday, the same day I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Sort of. To purchase and get a key. After that all you need from Steam Division-wise is updates(Steam update speed is times better than Uplay). You can update it from Uplay, too, but let's face it, Uplay is shit. You will need Uplay o0nly when you might want to unlock some bonuses, yet still, you can do that on webpages
    Gotcha. I did buy it through Steam, and I was saturating my down speed (~90mbps). I'm not sure what speeds I would have gotten through Uplay, as this is actually my first Ubisoft game.

Bought the deluxe version on steam, now uplay asks me for a 2 way authentication something I have never asked for, anyways I tried but everysingle code I try is wrong. And here comes the best part you can't even contact the support without that system.

So refund or wait? I could just call them on monday and see if they can do anything.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-11-26 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did end up buying it yesterday, I was too curious and I figure that even if I only play through the campaign and some other bits of content here and there, then I will have gotten my money's worth out of it. I still do suck at shooters, but there is enough tactical elements to it that I can manage So far, I've soloed the first 3 "dungeons" (Police District, rescuing the doctor, rescuing the police guy) - albeit with several deaths as I learn the layout & mechanics.
    On your way to level 30, you can solo everything. You always could. The need to group used to exist for harder difficulties, that unlock at 30, Hard and especially Challenging. If you try and grab the lore items and "clear" each zone as you level, clearing missions as level-appropriate, you'll not need to grind at all, and you'll hit 30 before you're done, and by about level 10 you'll start outleveling content a bit.

[quote]I'm still trying to get a feel for the different weapons. I'm actually liking the sniper rifles (accurate and they can eliminate threats quick), assault rifles (good middle of the road weapon), and shotguns (one shotting the melee mobs, esp when I'm being pinned down by elites with LMGs and the like.

Shotguns used to be godawful, but pretty much everything in 1.5 is usable. If there's a low point, it's SMGs currently, but the other weapon classes all have strengths and weaknesses. A good mix while leveling is a Marksman Rifle and basically anything else; use the MR for most stuff, the backup to hose down anything that charges you. A lot of the stuff you need to make more aggressive play styles really effective is locked up behind base unlocks; you'll get there, but it's rougher while leveling.

Surprisingly, it defaulted to a lot of high settings for me - after I updated my drivers to prevent it from crashing during the intro cutscene*. Of course, I haven't bothered to try to figure out if there is an FPS meter in game to see how well it's running, but it's felt smooth to me (for the most part). The game is just a feast for the eyes.
    Not sure about an in-game meter, but you can use the "benchmark" option on the main menu to test your settings, and it'll give you FPS tracking, as well as CPU/GPU loads. Useful to get an idea if settings are too high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Bought the deluxe version on steam, now uplay asks me for a 2 way authentication something I have never asked for, anyways I tried but everysingle code I try is wrong. And here comes the best part you can't even contact the support without that system.

So refund or wait? I could just call them on monday and see if they can do anything.
    I had 2-way authentication put on my Uplay account, and a bunch of stuff changed; someone hacked my Uplay. Probably especially likely if you don't use it often; I'd been playing The Crew semi-regularly at the time.

Their support webchat got it fixed for me, if you don't want to wait; I had to submit a serial key for one of the games on my account to prove ownership, but a screenshot of my code from Humble Bundle worked fine. Was fixed in like 10 minutes. At which point I put 2-way authentication back on, but this time with the recovery codes logged and the authenticator on my mobile.

[QUOTE=Endus;43486708]On your way to level 30, you can solo everything. You always could. The need to group used to exist for harder difficulties, that unlock at 30, Hard and especially Challenging. If you try and grab the lore items and "clear" each zone as you level, clearing missions as level-appropriate, you'll not need to grind at all, and you'll hit 30 before you're done, and by about level 10 you'll start outleveling content a bit.

I'm still trying to get a feel for the different weapons. I'm actually liking the sniper rifles (accurate and they can eliminate threats quick), assault rifles (good middle of the road weapon), and shotguns (one shotting the melee mobs, esp when I'm being pinned down by elites with LMGs and the like.

Shotguns used to be godawful, but pretty much everything in 1.5 is usable. If there's a low point, it's SMGs currently, but the other weapon classes all have strengths and weaknesses. A good mix while leveling is a Marksman Rifle and basically anything else; use the MR for most stuff, the backup to hose down anything that charges you. A lot of the stuff you need to make more aggressive play styles really effective is locked up behind base unlocks; you'll get there, but it's rougher while leveling.

Not sure about an in-game meter, but you can use the "benchmark" option on the main menu to test your settings, and it'll give you FPS tracking, as well as CPU/GPU loads. Useful to get an idea if settings are too high.

- - - Updated - - -

I had 2-way authentication put on my Uplay account, and a bunch of stuff changed; someone hacked my Uplay. Probably especially likely if you don't use it often; I'd been playing The Crew semi-regularly at the time.

Their support webchat got it fixed for me, if you don't want to wait; I had to submit a serial key for one of the games on my account to prove ownership, but a screenshot of my code from Humble Bundle worked fine. Was fixed in like 10 minutes. At which point I put 2-way authentication back on, but this time with the recovery codes logged and the authenticator on my mobile.
    Ok thanks man, yeah have not used uplay in a very long time.

On your way to level 30, you can solo everything. You always could. The need to group used to exist for harder difficulties, that unlock at 30, Hard and especially Challenging. If you try and grab the lore items and "clear" each zone as you level, clearing missions as level-appropriate, you'll not need to grind at all, and you'll hit 30 before you're done, and by about level 10 you'll start outleveling content a bit.
    Ahh, I didn't know that. I walked up to the Police Precinct and it had a prompt to join a group. That's why I assumed it was group content. For the most part, though, it wasn't too bad to solo. I actually died the most during the precinct because I had so few skills / medpacks and I was still coming to grips with the controls, etc. (I knew it was possible to go cover to cover, but I didn't know how to do it. (Hold space with your reticle on a different piece of cover.)) I don't have any plans for leveling, I'm just going after whatever I feel like doing at the time, if that means I out-level things, so be it. I was actually going to rescue the electronics guy second, but it was a bit too large of a level gap by the time I got there.

I seem to remember hearing that ARs were the best at max level, but I'm not going to bother worrying about that while leveling. I'll be replacing gear too often and, besides, the best weapons I'll have probably won't be ARs. Good to know that there isn't any class of weapon that I should completely avoid.

As for tactics, I sort of gathered as much. Attempting to do something a well geared Youtuber could do (burst down normal enemies outside cover) doesn't work too well with leveling gear. If I have to hump cover to regen health between shooting at enemies, then hump cover I shall!

Cool, I'll take a look at that next time I play.

I've been tempted to try The Division, too, but I got scared off due to the bad reviews I'd been hearing prior to 1.4. Well, that and the fact I'm pretty garbage at shooters. (I know - it's an RPG, so it's not nearly as twitch based.) If I'm going to be honest, part of the appeal is the graphics. The game looks spectacular... but I have an old graphics card (680), so...
    The game still looks great on a 680 - I played it from beta through release, and performance was acceptable if not impressive.

Sitting here waiting for my neighbour to get back so I can get my 1070, though!
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7