Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    I actualy never played Skyrim due lack of time, but now i got some to spare. Got Special Edition. Any tips/advice? I know there are plenty of mods for this game. Should I get any? Or just go with fresh game as it is?
    Get this after mod, after you seen the intro and want to create a new Character. It lets you skip that annoying Wagon Ride intro and lets you select alternative start.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeci...ion/mods/272/?

Also get the unnoficial patch.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeci...ion/mods/266/?

Fixes lots of bugs that Bethesda ignores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Just make sure to download v2.2 of SkyUI, because SKSE64 isn't out yet and thus modern versions of SkyUI won't work on the Special Edition.
    This. Also, Apocalypse is already ported over to SSE. You can find it right here.

As far as Heavy Armory goes, there are so many mods that do that. And a lot of them can already be used in SSE with a little finagling. .BSAs can be unpacked, as long as textures are in .dds format they can be ported over, there is a tool for optimizing .NIFs for SSE...basically if it doesn't require SkyUI/MCM, SKSE, and the scripts in it aren't overly complicated, it can be ported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Get this after mod, after you seen the intro and want to create a new Character. It lets you skip that annoying Wagon Ride intro and lets you select alternative start.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeci...ion/mods/272/?
    I recommend this to ANYONE who wants to play skyrim with mods. That intro scene of you riding in the wagon is the single most cluster fucked place for bugs to happen. All it takes is one mod conflict and the whole wagon ride goes to shit, and you can't start your game. Just use Alternate Start and watch the stupid wagon ride on youtube or something. You aren't missing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Such as?
    Any game with editor, ever since Doom and even before. Most popular games have editors even if not official ones that let you create about everything possible within the context of the game.

But if you wish I can name few just off the hat:

D:OS 1 (and 2 when released)
    Forementioned Doom
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Shadowrun
    Far Cry
    Crysis
    Neverwinter Night 1&2
    Diablo 1 & 2

The list could go on practically forever. There's nothing specifically unique in Bethesda in this regard, outside of popularity of modding to that game.

What?
    Do you have issues with reading? WoW has nicely functional world editor (In fact, many editors) that lets you either work with existing stuff, or create entire continents from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eature=mh_lolz

This one is my favourite as it's very simple and you can have entire zones outlayed within minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap
    Fallout 3 has something called the "community patch" which you can download and patch Fallout 3, the "community patch" is made by and for players and fixes a ton of bugs that Bethesda never did.
    Fallout 3 problems have quite little to do with bugs and more with the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis
    You could always join every guild in every Elder Scrolls game. That's the hallmark of the series.
    Patently false. The ES serie used to have robust faction system where choosing what factions to join actually affected the game and disposition of the characters towards you. Hell, Morrowind in some guilds and factions you go and directly destroy the opposing one, or at least their leader. Also you can only join only one Great House.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Any game with editor, ever since Doom and even before. Most popular games have editors even if not official ones that let you create about everything possible within the context of the game.

But if you wish I can name few just off the hat:

D:OS 1 (and 2 when released)
    Forementioned Doom
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Shadowrun
    Far Cry
    Crysis
    Neverwinter Night 1&2
    Diablo 1 & 2

The list could go on practically forever. There's nothing specifically unique in Bethesda in this regard, outside of popularity of modding to that game.

Do you have issues with reading? WoW has nicely functional world editor (In fact, many editors) that lets you either work with existing stuff, or create entire continents from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eature=mh_lolz

This one is my favourite as it's very simple and you can have entire zones outlayed within minutes.

Fallout 3 problems have quite little to do with bugs and more with the game itself.

Patently false. The ES serie used to have robust faction system where choosing what factions to join actually affected the game and disposition of the characters towards you. Hell, Morrowind in some guilds and factions you go and directly destroy the opposing one, or at least their leader. Also you can only join only one Great House.
    The Great Houses are not the same as the Guilds. You're trying to over generalize here.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The Great Houses are not the same as the Guilds. You're trying to over generalize here.
    I did mention Guilds too. Thieves' Guild and Fighter's Guild are at odds and at least one of them has a quest to wipe out the entire leadership of the other one.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

hey, is there a mod to make dead thrall work on stronger bodies? so sick of it failing and i want my thralls.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hey, is there a mod to make dead thrall work on stronger bodies? so sick of it failing and i want my thralls.
    Getting the necromage perk from the restoration tree increase the level cap by 25%.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Getting the necromage perk from the restoration tree increase the level cap by 25%.
    i had that v.v

around level 81, bandit plunderers, necromancers, and other assorted non-bandit humanoid mobs are resistant to it.

I did mention Guilds too. Thieves' Guild and Fighter's Guild are at odds and at least one of them has a quest to wipe out the entire leadership of the other one.
    In Morrowind? Both have quests to kill a leader of opposing guild, but it's possible to become master of both by some quest timing and talking to particular NPC. There's also a quest to kill heads of House Telvanni, but most people just kill Trebonius because it's faster and he's an asshole anyway.

Most popular games have editors even if not official ones that let you create about everything possible within the context of the game.
    None of those can modify existing areas without overriding them. In ES games, you can have as many independent modifications to a single area at the same time as you want.
    Patently false. The ES serie used to have robust faction system where choosing what factions to join actually affected the game and disposition of the characters towards you.
    There is no restrictions which prevents you from reaching the maximum rank in all factions (if you count Great Houses as a one specialty-dependent faction).

10+ Year Old Account
    My game has apparently reached critical mass. I can't even play it anymore. Not even a fresh install without any mods - game crashes on start. I can get to the main menu just fine, but if I start a new game, or try to continue/load another, it crashes. Fuck.

I had an issue where when I get to a certain part on the map, it would crash 100% of the time. I found out what mod did it, removed it, started a new, clean game. Several hours into that one, I zoned into a random dungeon and instacrashed. Game saved on the other side of the zone, which means as soon as I load the game, it crashes.

So I completely uninstalled the game (even removing extraneous files and clearing out the registry), did a fresh install with no mods, and played until about level 20 without any issues. So I carefully installed a handful of mods, cleaning them and putting them in the right order and all that, and would test the game (this seriously took the better part of a week) until I got all of them installed. Lo and behold, about level 20, zoned in somewhere, saved, quit for the night, now as soon as I load the game it crashes.

So I completely uninstalled again, no mods, started a new game, game crashes about 5 seconds later. Right about the time the 'Bethesda presents' thing shows up. I can see it fading in, and then crash. Doesn't matter how many times I start a new game, I get crashes. So I installed Live Another Life so I could get past that stupid cart ride. I can create a new character, and I can do anything I want inside the dungeon you start in, but as soon as I either go out the door or sleep, basically once I hit a loading screen, it crashes.

I'm running a GTX 770, 32GB RAM, Windows 10, and I've already checked my HDD for errors, it's clean.

I haven't played this as much as I thought I would. It was nice to return to Skyrim with prettier graphics but after a while an undeniable sense of 'meh' began to haunt me. Most of the characters are dull and lifeless, and the voice actors don't even try to change their voice for different characters. Mercer Frey's voice is everywhere - Stephen Russell voiced 35 characters and they all sound the same.

Can't remember the game disabling achievements on the original if you have some mods installed, Kinda annoying since i wanted some follower mods and weather enhancing mods on the Special Edition.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a mod which enables achievements while mods are active. I haven't tried it, so I don't know how it works. I didn't really have any interest in achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I didn't really have any interest in achievements.
    Same here, my friend thinks I am crazy for not caring about achievements in a 5 year old game. I, in turn, think he is crazy for thinking I am crazy.

achievements /sigh

The ultimate filler content.

Create game, add 100 sheep. Release game. Game gets shat on.
    Create game, add 100 sheep. Add achievement for killing 100 sheep. Best game ever.

I won't deny that achievements kept people in WoW and therefore more expansions have been lined up, but people. Damn. Achievements. /lolz

Achievements that are hard, and not time sinks or "participation medals", are fine. I also like the idea of tying in rewards to them (e.g. cosmetics).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Achievements that are hard, and not time sinks or "participation medals", are fine. I also like the idea of tying in rewards to them (e.g. cosmetics).
    There is also a mod called "Achieve That" for the regular Skyrim that allows you to receive bonuses for completing certain achievements.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Dawnguard is such a lame dlc because the plot is just so overbearingly bad. The Dawnguard faction itself it just terrible, the entire plot revolves around Serena and your character just feels like tool to get her storyline with her dysfunctional parents over with.

Harkon is supposed to be this evil dude that is paranoid and power hungry yet he let's you leave his castle knowing that you're a vampire hunter.....ok. And then you have Isran who's supposed to be this badass extremist vampire hunter chuck norris character that doesn't sleep and gives no quarter with regards to vampires yet he lets Serena wander into his castle and waits for you to arrive to do something with her.

I mean you'd think a hardcore group of vampire hunters like the Dawnguard would just kill her on sight and then just kill Harkon after you tell them where he is. Yet they let you handle her and they have zero issues with you working with her. You'd think after the whole shit with the Blades and Paarthurnax that Bethesda would do the same thing with Dawnguard and Serena where it makes much more sense but no.

Serena gets to live even though shes a monster that feeds on human flesh. So much for Isran and the Dawnguard for being known as extreme vampire hunters. Now its "we kill all vampires except the ones that help us." Everything about Serena existing and working with the DB just invalidates everything about Isran's character and his faction of losers.

The Dawnguard faction itself never even needed to exist for the plot that's based around Serena to work. The vampire hunter DB type character could've just acted alone without a faction and it wouldn't change a thing.

Lame.