Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I dont understand why they didnt just keep the UI? It's such a pain in the ass to see what you have and what you want to get now.

Hell, 99% of players arent even going to know that there are still glyphs in the game in a way, because the only way to see that is to find some random vendor that sells the tomes.
    And half the time it bugs out and won't let me apply it. I really don't understand removing the UI part, if nothing else it let you know what options you had.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why they didnt just keep the UI? It's such a pain in the ass to see what you have and what you want to get now.

Hell, 99% of players arent even going to know that there are still glyphs in the game in a way, because the only way to see that is to find some random vendor that sells the tomes.
    Part of the reason is that you can have more than three glyphs and major ones no longer exist, so the old screen was obsolete. Granted, they should simply rework it or introduce something new, not scrap it completely. It's hard to tell that glyph even exist, since there no visual cue, other than tiny pink border once they're applied.

Was something that made a real impact between a knowledgeable player and a ignorant one.

This was deemed unacceptable by blizzard who has been trying to play hide the bad for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Just another forum poster who has more brains then the guy at Blizzard who decided "less customization was better."
    Except, of course, than when glyphs had gameplay/numbers impact, they effectively ceased to be customization. If you have a glyph that buffs your main damage ability and one that does not, which do you choose?

That is not customization. It is, at best, pressing the pretty buttons. This is Blizzard's actual dilemma. How to create actual customization that remains impactful. Clearly what they have done this time around is not a success, but it's difficult to say with a straight face that what they did in the past was, either.

Most of the time, you'd slot in your glyphs and then potentially go months not even looking at them, because nothing changed. You had what was optimal, that was that. If it's just a question of making the player feel as if they have control, then sure, glyphs were fine. The way things are now, they can be considered baked into the classes, and thus unnecessary. I'm not sure that's the best way to go about it, but all you gain by going back in time is adding a few extra mouse clicks to the player's experience. Whoop-de-doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Except, of course, than when glyphs had gameplay/numbers impact, they effectively ceased to be customization. If you have a glyph that buffs your main damage ability and one that does not, which do you choose?

That is not customization. It is, at best, pressing the pretty buttons. This is Blizzard's actual dilemma. How to create actual customization that remains impactful. Clearly what they have done this time around is not a success, but it's difficult to say with a straight face that what they did in the past was, either.

Most of the time, you'd slot in your glyphs and then potentially go months not even looking at them, because nothing changed. You had what was optimal, that was that. If it's just a question of making the player feel as if they have control, then sure, glyphs were fine. The way things are now, they can be considered baked into the classes, and thus unnecessary. I'm not sure that's the best way to go about it, but all you gain by going back in time is adding a few extra mouse clicks to the player's experience. Whoop-de-doo.
    Because you hear or see the world customization and automatically think "Bigger Numbers!" When its simply just giving a character a choice in things, like appearances, spell color or abilities actions. My Feral has like 5 glyphs, 3 travel forms with are just general and 2 spec specific. Even my off specs are only looking at 1 for each and their so lack luster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    they need to ramp up on glyphs, not scale back, more customization not less
    I'm still wondering why they haven't bothered to make glyphs that affect talents.

A good example of one would be Execution Sentence for Ret Paladins (Well, this was back when anyone used it like in MoP/WoD). I always wondered why there wasn't a glyph that would let you change the hammer into a sword or axe depending on the weapon you're wielding, like the glyph Judgement used to have.

I miss glyphs, reforging and the old socketing and enchanting systems. In this regard MOP was actually a great expansion. You had so much customization and gearing was actually fun and felt meaningful. Not as much as let's say TBC when loot was more uncommon but still.

The new system is a mixed bag.
    It removes a hard cap in terms of a fixed quantity of each, in that you no longer need to choose between two glyphs on unrelated spells.
    However you do have to choose between having multiple on the same spell, where previously you could have more than one for example for druid travel forms.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Was something that made a real impact between a knowledgeable player and a ignorant one.

This was deemed unacceptable by blizzard who has been trying to play hide the bad for years now.
    And just like reforging I suppose, where there were websites with various tools, or even addons telling you the "best" way to do it.
    No, there is nothing about that proving a knowledgeable player.

Gems, Enchants, Glyphs, Talents, Reforging are all the same in that respect.
    They have a right way, and then there is every other way.

There are simply numerically better choices.

There weren't customisation choices, nor options.
    There was simply if you could afford to be optimal or not.
    If you had the gold to spend did you really choose between one which was inferior and one which was optimal ?
    No, you did not.

Is there a good alternative to that, one really skill or knowledge proving ?
    I don't think so.
    But don't make the claim the past or even current system is.
    Because they were not, and are not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-26 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh yeah, reading which glyphs to use really made you very smart.

Seriously, find something worthwhile to get your ego fix off of. It's sad always seeing you talk as if doing stuff in WoW makes you such a great person.
    It added some depth for a few classes when it came to pumping out more aoe or situational dmg. I'm not clajming t was rocket science

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want them to make a glyph for Ghost Wolf to allow us to use the Mana-Beast form all the time.

They were gutted to make room for the artifact weapons. Which then led to the changes to talent swapping being shoe-horned in to give inscribers some way to make cash (aside from darkmoon cards).

15+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Wraith Walk, had to dish out 9000gold to un-fuck my mobility skill, then to realize i had to pay another 10k for another 2 for my other 2specs as they arnt "class wide", if u glyph an spell thats used by all ur 3-4specs, it SHOULD be applied to all.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Glyph of Wraith Walk, had to dish out 9000gold to un-fuck my mobility skill, then to realize i had to pay another 10k for another 2 for my other 2specs as they arnt "class wide", if u glyph an spell thats used by all ur 3-4specs, it SHOULD be applied to all.
    Why should it be applied to all? Since you may want a different glyph for different specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Why should it be applied to all? Since you may want a different glyph for different specs.
    Not for this 1, u HAVE to get it to un-fuck it, or else ull get stuck on a twig or a pebble when moving, its like levitate, but without the slowfall part.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I didn't like how I suddenly lost all of my glyphs when 7.1 was released, either. Hope it doesn't happen after every patch.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Positive Side: No more 400+ glyphs. Their number had grown to obnoxious size and you needed various bag tricks or alts to craft/store/sell all of them.

Negative Side: No more UI that lets you know WHAT CHOICES are available. Would be nice to have Journal-like UI where you could see all available glyphs, the ones you already know and how your spell/form changes IF you applied the glyphs you don't know..

10+ Year Old Account
    The artifact weapon traits panel took over that section of the UI on the backend code. (You could see it there in the early alpha before they removed the button.) Not sure why though...I guess they must have limited space for new things in the UI?

i wouldnt mind a glyph page that showed available glyphs for your class, and which ones are currently active.

it seems like it would be far better than the current system where you have to search via external websites or on the ah (provided all glyphs are listed on the ah) or you have no idea what you can actually get. that and being able to tell which glyphs you currently have learned at a glance instead of going through your spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i wouldnt mind a glyph page that showed available glyphs for your class, and which ones are currently active.

it seems like it would be far better than the current system where you have to search via external websites or on the ah (provided all glyphs are listed on the ah) or you have no idea what you can actually get. that and being able to tell which glyphs you currently have learned at a glance instead of going through your spellbook.
    Completely agree. I don't think it'd be too hard for them to make a Glyph tab along next to your Spellbook.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -