Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you like to see Honor Talents gone next xpac?

Personally, I would be glad to see Honor Talents gone next expansion. Some of the choices you have were either things that your class/spec used to have last xpac(Scatter Shot and Dismantle.), and some of them are also a make it or break it deal for said class/spec which I believe is a bad thing.

Should just return the abilities to the classes main skillset, but Blizzard thinks we're all retarded and that won't happen. Honor levels are kind of pointless now, since once you get 50, you lose nothing when you prestige. It's just an unneeded time sync for pvper's who want to roll a new class and with artifact power there is already a time sync. Should also add a token system for gear again, random loot is retarded for pvp.

Yep. It's just a needless grind for the sake of a needless grind, especially when they've already gone back on talents resetting when you Prestige.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, imo they are on of the best things that happend to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    Should just return the abilities to the classes main skillset, but Blizzard thinks we're all retarded and that won't happen. Honor levels are kind of pointless now, since once you get 50, you lose nothing when you prestige.
    No, honor talents couldn't be part of the normal skillset. They would be too overpowered in PvE.

It's just an unneeded time sync for pvper's who want to roll a new class and with artifact power there is already a time sync.
    Just till 7.1.5 or 7.2 when you can buy AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I would like to see them have actual variety instead of one choice being more superior than the others.
    Jeah, but that will always be the case with talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    No, honor talents couldn't be part of the normal skillset. They would be too overpowered in PvE.
    Half of the honor talents are things that we had before that were taken away with the prune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half of the honor talents are things that we had before that were taken away with the prune.
    Hm, on abilities I have to agree with you. Still like the system though.

Deleted
    blizzard dnt care about pvp and if like ne your on eu servers and pvp you might aswell shout at a brickwall

I would like to have my stolen abilities back for pve. Absolutely don't care both for pvp talents and for pvp in WoW, which was DoA long before legion even started.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Yeah i 'd love to see them gone. I enjoyed the grind to get them, but i don't like my character playing that much different in PVE and PVP. Also the grind makes getting alts ready for pvp substantially harder, although i think i could live with that, unlike say the endless artifact power grind thing.

There are certainly abilities which should be restricted to PvP, as they are difficult to balance for PvE or serve little purpose in PvE.
    It is the progression which for similar character toolkit progression outside of gear is in contrast to near everything else that comes with leveling normally.
    A continued separation and balancing is fine, and I think very much needed.
    But I feel they just replaced the gear progression with another, and one which feels less like a reward and more a necessity to actually be "complete".
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Should just return the abilities to the classes main skillset, but Blizzard thinks we're all retarded and that won't happen. Honor levels are kind of pointless now, since once you get 50, you lose nothing when you prestige. It's just an unneeded time sync for pvper's who want to roll a new class and with artifact power there is already a time sync. Should also add a token system for gear again, random loot is retarded for pvp.
    Agreed, I'm not saying they should be removed but have them as baseline because as I have said they are things we used to have before.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I would like to see them have actual variety instead of one choice being more superior than the others.
    This is another problem, Blizzard struggles to make three non-pvp talents in one tier interesting performance-wise, Honor talents do nothing but make the issue even bigger because ppl will always go for cookie cutter setups.

Let's take Hunters PvP talents for example, why would you choose Catlike Reflexes or Dragonscale Armor over Survival Tactics? What ST offers is too good to pass up.

I'd rather they focus on balancing one talent tree instead of two.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2016-11-26 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't believe they think we are retarded. I rather think after 12 years of bitching how pvp sucks, how people in pve gear can dominate pvp, how there are no true pvp talents etc etc, they tried to change things up. But ofc that never stops the complaining.
    Except they had gear working pretty well in WoD and no prob with PvE gear except perhaps the Legendary ring (which wasn't that hard to get) but wasn't a huge issue. Classes were relatively balanced and hadn't been pruned to death in MoP.

Between some combo of MoP & WoD they had most of it licked right there. So no, I don't recall all of this "complaining for 12 years" and "oh poor Blizz gee they can't do anything that people like, they still bitch at those poor devs". Any griping about PvP that existed was brought on by Blizzard's own shitty ideas and changes.

What killed it for many was when they changed the way/rate you gain rating (I think in early WoD). In S15 you could have a good stretch in RBG or arena and go up 200 points and be excited and feel good about it. You would want to queue again. A bad queue session could have the same effect with rating loss.

In an attempt to drag out rating gains they were capped and it made the grind so much harder. Or at least more time consuming. For the bottom of the ladder, that difficulty increases exponentially because every queue session requires not only the games played but looking for people to queue with. Now Rated caters mostly to the no-lifers and scripting scumlords.

Blizz changed the entire system for one reason only: increasing profits with all-RNG grind, ratings grind, and pandering to the ADD lazy phone mentality kiddies to dumb down the game.

You can play WoW PvP on a fucking tablet with a pen now like Celestalon and Holinka do. What's that tell you?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but it's time that they get rid of that reward system that didn't changed since cataclysm, always the same thing, grinding 100+50 wins, adding achievement like a copy paste, and 1 mount from time to time, maybe he thinks he's done his job within 1h of copy paste to make us grind mindlessly, and he even wanted to make season faster to leave us even less time, what is he thinking, I'm out, this system is not interesting

I think it's good, I even think they should build on it. I think they should add PvP Perks aswell. For each row you unlock you'd get an extra PvP perk, so 6 perks in total. That way they can make even bigger changes from PvE - which is something we need badly.

From a Feral perspective one such perk could be powershifting, or something that undoes this whole affinity debacle. I'm sure you all could figure out ways to make your spec "the best it's ever been" with the help of current class design (PvE) + 6 PvP perks + PvP talents. I sure know I could... but then again, Holinka and Celestalon are in charge of this game, so depth and increased levels of skill and fun is certainly not to be found anywhere near the top of the priority list.

Deleted
    Separate pvp talents is a fine idea. However, the need to grind them is a dumbtastic idea.

They either need to make the grind longer and the talents more powerful in pvp in order to justify the grind, or remove the grind completely. Right now, the talents alone won't do jack shit on the open world pvp encounters for instance (they should add something like -30% dmg taken vs players and +30% dmg done vs players in the last tier) when it's all about gear and momentum there. The pvp talents won't separate pvp oriented players enough as it is, which is why the grind is supposedly there for.
    Last edited by mmocfb2225cee0; 2016-11-28 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    They either need to make the grind longer and the talents more powerful in pvp in order to justify the grind, or remove the grind completely. Right now, the talents alone won't do jack shit on the open world pvp encounters for instance (they should add something like -30% dmg taken vs players and +30% dmg done vs players in the last tier) when it's all about gear and momentum there. The pvp talents won't separate pvp oriented players enough as it is, which is why the grind is supposedly there for.
    Nobody except you cares about WPvP.
    This shitfest will never be balanced.

Deleted
    Nobody except you cares about WPvP.
    This shitfest will never be balanced.
    I don't care about world pvp, sorry if you understood me wrong. I hate world pvp. It's meant for jerks and douchewads and I wish blizz would stop listening to the wpvp dickbacks when making decisions.

What I said was that it doesn't matter how many pvp talents you got if you get ganked when all that matters is gear and momentum. Aka, the pvp talents don't stand out at all like they should. They aren't powerful enough to justify the grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    What I said was that it doesn't matter how many pvp talents you got if you get ganked when all that matters is gear and momentum. Aka, the pvp talents don't stand out at all like they should. They aren't powerful enough to justify the grind.
    Hm, they sure do.
    Some classes are unplayable without them.

Hm, they sure do.
    Some classes are unplayable without them.
    Can confirm.

At this point I'd just like to see pvp gone , not that I'm against it but blizzard is doing a terrible job on it and with out a pve/pvp skill system you will always have issues with balance imo.