Thread: Nasty WoWhead?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's almost like she's a respresentative of a company and you should expect to receive negative responses when things go wrong - even if it's not your fault. I don't go taking a proverbial shit on the customers for the company I work at because it's 'not my problem'.

She is right she can't be fired, although her contract can still be terminated (not that it will because the other one is just as bad as her)

And no, it's not like coming at you about MMO-C ads, because you're a volunteer helper to MMO-C.
    She's not the PR person though. It's technically not her job to deal with the public. Also not quite sure it would be to the same scale, since I imagine she has quite a larger number of "customers" coming at her right now for an issue she didn't even cause (regarding the ads). Could she of handled it better? Yes. Should she of had to even handle it in the first place? No.

And yes I'm a volunteer, but my point was more of that it's not something even connected to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I've noticed stuff like that and at times the site ran super slow...been going there less and less unless I really needed help locating something then I got in and out as fast as I could normally...guess I'll make sure to avoid it now.
    Unrelated, nice username

10+ Year Old Account
    kind of sad when a staple of the community sells out this bad.

fix ur shit wowhead.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    TIL the self proclaimed "@Wowhead Video Manager" doesn't represent WoWhead.
    I know right. I represent the company when it suits me. Oh shit im gonna make a dick of myself, I DONT REPRESENT WOWHEAD GUIZ

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Link to this Twitter chain, please? <3

https://twitter.com/TradeChat/status/802560234019385345
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-11-27 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

If you followed this Twitter chain shes replying to people saying if the adds a problem, subscribe.

The response to malicious adds is pay us a subscription fee.
    I did follow the chain. Except before that she said that it will be handled once the tech is back from Thanksgiving-
    https://twitter.com/TradeChat/status/802664314322747392

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    She's not the PR person though. It's technically not her job to deal with the public. Also not quite sure it would be to the same scale, since I imagine she has quite a larger number of "customers" coming at her right now for an issue she didn't even cause (regarding the ads). Could she of handled it better? Yes. Should she of had to even handle it in the first place? No.

And yes I'm a volunteer, but my point was more of that it's not something even connected to her.
    If she didnt want to handle it. IGNORE IT.

She chose to handle it. She chose to handle it like a child who didnt get a lollypop.

- - - Updated - - -

I did follow the chain. Except before that she said that it will be handled once the tech is back from Thanksgiving-
    ...so that one comment then means the other comments dont exist? Cmon mate.

It's probably a futile effort on my part but I think we can agree she's being unprofessional and unfiltered, but it's whatever, its a videogame website and shes gotten by for years just being who she is. Just about getting Wowhead fixed, and that's been passed on. Hopefully this thread doesn't become just about the twitter stuff

I added the two filters from the reddit post by the way

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...otice_massive/

that's funny I go to Wowhead multiply times a day, have adblock running and never see any ads and never have any problems with the site

She chose to handle it. She chose to handle it like a child who didnt get a lollypop

...so that one comment then means the other comments dont exist? Cmon mate.
    So it's fine to ask her to ignore it, but not to say that the people attacking her in the first place shouldn't be doing that?

And when that ONE comment came first, it matters. Your claim was they were trying to plug their sub because that was their response. I pointed out it wasn't their first response, it was a response of "If you MUST use the site now, consider this". You also claimed they didn't say their tech was working on it (Which is also false, they had said it several times at that point and was still getting attacked).

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    It's probably a futile effort on my part but I think we can agree she's being unprofessional and unfiltered, but it's whatever, its a videogame website and shes gotten by for years just being who she is. Just about getting Wowhead fixed, and that's been passed on. Hopefully this thread doesn't become just about the twitter stuff
    She's definitely being unprofessional in her responses, don't get me wrong. My confusion is coming from people acting like she's the one who's suppose to be handling this in the first place, and claiming she's the reason the website is trash, and etc.

Generally, that does agitate people. It's really no surprise she reacted this way is my point, and that people should move on from continuing that and take it up with the correct people (in a constructive matter) instead.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-11-27 at 01:01 AM.

Then she shouldn't open her trap and say things like "If people cared half as much about bad politicians as they do about bad internet advertisements, we'd be in a lot better shape." and "I am not employed by Wowhead. They can't fire me. lol... Also, pointing out that the nation is more important than ads is not offensive...." and then she wouldn't get this shitstorm of people attacking her.

- - - Updated - - -

She chose to handle it. She chose to handle it like a child who didnt get a lollypop.
    Exactly. She represents Wowhead and when she makes stupid comments like this she gets flamed and rightly so.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So helpful. bahahahaa
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's fine to ask her to ignore it, but not to say that the people attacking her in the first place shouldn't be doing that?

And when that ONE comment came first, it matters. Your claim was they were trying to plug their sub because that was their response. I pointed out it wasn't their first response, it was a response of "If you MUST use the site now, consider this". You also claimed they didn't say their tech was working on it (Which is also false, they had said it several times at that point and was still getting attacked).
    She wouldnt have been attacked if she didnt write her original tweet, which was downright retarded.

If she wanted to deal with the issue a simple "Yes we know there is an issue, we are onto it" would have sufficed. Instead, she wrote hurdur how about that Trump guy?!

I never claimed their tech wasnt working on it, they might be they might not be I dont know. Frankly, I dont care.

I claimed their responses were piss poor and that the business model of ignoring malicious content and pushing subscriptions to stop them is an unacceptable which is what they are doing.

In todays world, online security is paramount. If we cannot trust them to take our security seriously, why should we use their website. Most of all, why should we PAY them to not compromise our security.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-11-27 at 01:18 AM.

This is old news. Its been happening since i started wow (2011) at the very least.

She's definitely being unprofessional in her responses, don't get me wrong. My confusion is coming from people acting like she's the one who's suppose to be handling this in the first place, and claiming she's the reason the website is trash, and etc.
    In that we can agree. She is being unprofessional and at the same time she really can't do much about the situation as that isn't her job. If she was compassionate however about wanting the situation to get resolved and NOT talk about subbing for a dollar a month or whatever, this would have been much easier to deal with.

update 3 hours ago

https://www.reddit.com/user/perculia_wow

perculia_wow 8 points 3 hours ago
    Hey checking in again - as an update since my last post, our tech team has been working with our ad provider to shut down the annoying ad networks that increased in severity around Black Friday. We're still monitoring those now, and earlier in the week we did implement some measures against bad ads, which after examination, were not responsible for the upload issues.
    We're still analyzing why the upload issues persist - we've had intermittent issues for a week (which increased in severity around Black Friday) that the staff unfortunately can't replicate. We're trying to sense a pattern, and the reports so far haven't been consistent (we still appreciate the reports we have received) so if people could let us know if they're using Chrome on Desktop that would help us a lot. I'll try posting again if/when I know more about the upload issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to retierate something earlier in the thread, add this filter

"If you use adblock pro, add this filter manually:
    *.cloudfront.net/mb*.gz.js
    This blocks MonkeyBroker, which pulls down a bunch of javascript that keeps placing the streaming ads"

Still better off avoiding the site atm though

Panser is going off on Twitter telling people to fuck off and pay them money to get rid of the adds if they dont like malicious content.

Jesus christ, Blizzard endorse this idiot?

"I dont represent WoWhead."

Umm you kinda do. You make content for them and when your name popped up across the screen at Blizzcon you were from WoWhead. If this was me at my job id be packing my bags.
    Whether she's employed or not by wowhead, she -does- affiliate and represent them essentially each week in those featured news things with perculia.

If she keeps up the childishness and condescension to wow fans though, she can pretty quickly find herself not only disassociated with wowhead but also blacklisted from official bliz things. She's showing her true, shallow colors to be sure now and thats going to cost her in the long run.

Quite frankly I'd suggest wowhead stop their association with Panser at the very least now and find someone else more professional who at least understands you dont go full on silly like that.

However Perculia is also culpable in this because of her lying on wow forums saying that all this mess just started this week only with the site and for the both of them essentially being the faces for this extortion racket with their subs.
    Last edited by Sanguinesun; 2016-11-27 at 01:52 AM.

The problem is the medium of the ads.
    As long as advertisements are capable of this, they will continue to be doing it.
    Go back to a static image.

Even legitimate ads are guilty of downright annoying behaviour with popups, autoplaying video and audio and resource hogging.

We have been told numerous times on this site that we should be reporting such ads.
    Yet they STILL keep appearing.

As long as they can do it, they will.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-27 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Whether she's employed or not by wowhead, she -does- affiliate and represent them essentially each week in those featured news things with perculia.

If she keeps up the childishness and condescension to wow fans though, she can pretty quickly finder herself not only disassociated with wowhead but also blacklisted from official bliz things. She's showing her true colors to be sure now and thats going to cost her in the long run.
    If she isnt an official employee, id like to know why shes been able to promote herself as he @WoWHead Video Manager for so long, but hey, whatever.

Thing is, shes done this sort of thing before, shes reknown for having temper tantrums in videos and on social media. If it hasnt cost her by now, it probably wont anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Panser being obnoxious, whodda thunk it. Site has been going downhill for years, I'll switch over to WoWDB. I actually have a free premium account on Wowhead because my reputation on there is like... top 100? and I was still getting ads. Utter garbage.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Damn... White-knighting is strong in this thread

Back on the topic, I wonder how long it'll take them to resolve issues? o_O