Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think it's funny that those on the Left seem pissed that he is coming across...now, as someone that's willing to compromise his positions, when they should be glad he's taken a softer stance.
    Again, we're not pissed, we're laughing. We told you from the beginning he was a massive liar, and you guys still slurped up the bullshit as it came out of his mouth. All these people now saying 'oh, we knew he was just saying that to get elected' would be a lot more credible if there weren't so many people saying 'WOO LOCK HER UP AND BUILD THE WALL AND HE SAYS WHAT HE MEANS AND HE'LL DRAIN THE SWAMP' before the election. That's the funny part in all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    He did a pretty good job of brainwashing you. It's like those words came right out of his own mouth.
    I think even he makes more sensible speeches, than this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think even he makes more sensible speeches, than this guy.
    Answer me this: are you deliberately aiming to seem insincere and abhorrently smug? Because your posting habits, especially the placement of emoticons, certainly gives that impression.

OT: Wait until his first 100 days before casting judgement on his presidency. There is reason for him to seem subdued on certain matters, especially since Obama is still in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    More handwaving!

So how do you feel about all the broken promises and flipflops?
    I voted for Trump for 2 reasons and ONLY 2 reasons, SCotUS appointments, and to see liberals heads explode. So far, my vote is paying off in spades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Crazy that when people actually have issues that will effect them vs. "Obummer is coming fer me guns" that they might get upset. But lets all pretend this is somehow the same, false equivalence is fun.
    Yeh because the ACA doesn't affect any ones lives in meaningful ways. I know I am out about 4k per year and my doctor said F this and quit.

It IS the same thing. You lost, now you are all acting as if the world will end, just like the right did with their endless fear mongering. Its really sad that you cant even see it.

Shit, Trump hasn't actually DONE ANYTHING yet. Yet, you all still think he is going to round up the brown people and fags and cook em crisp. You are all delusional.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

contradictions and hypocrisy don't register to these people, at least with people they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Nice hyperbole. I expect nothing else though.
    There is nothing hyperbolic about my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There is nothing hyperbolic about my comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I voted for Trump for 2 reasons and ONLY 2 reasons, SCotUS appointments, and to see liberals heads explode. So far, my vote is paying off in spades.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh because the ACA doesn't affect any ones lives in meaningful ways. I know I am out about 4k per year and my doctor said F this and quit.

It IS the same thing. You lost, now you are all acting as if the world will end, just like the right did with their endless fear mongering. Its really sad that you cant even see it.

Shit, Trump hasn't actually DONE ANYTHING yet. Yet, you all still think he is going to round up the brown people and fags and cook em crisp. You are all delusional.
    Yeah. No hyperbole at all. Nope.

So Sanders has introduced a bill for Trump, the Outsourcing Prevention Act.

It's going to be really interesting in seeing how Trump is forced to respond to this. If he supports it, like his platform and promises to the working class whites, especially in the Rust Belt, claimed he did, which is ultimately what tipped his favor to get elected, then his own party who hold the majority in congress will surely turn it down and will cause tensions between him and his party. But if he doesn't support the bill to tow the party line a bit, it's going to infuriate the people responsible for getting him elected and likely send them straight back to the Dems who are restructuring their platform in time for the midterms to have a heavy focus on worker rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

It's going to be really interesting in seeing how Trump is forced to respond to this. If he supports it, like his platform and promises to the working class whites, especially in the Rust Belt, claimed he did, which is ultimately what tipped his favor to get elected, then his own party who hold the majority in congress will surely turn it down and will cause tensions between him and his party. But if he doesn't support the bill to tow the party line a bit, it's going to infuriate the people responsible for getting him elected and likely send them straight back to the Dems who are restructuring their platform in time for the midterms to have a heavy focus on worker rights.
    That's an overly optimistic view, especially given what we've seen in this thread. They will continue to give him a pass no matter what he does. Trump said and did so many things during the campaign that would have utterly sunk the career of anyone else, yet here we are. I kind of wish they would hold his feet to the fire on this, just because having a President that can do whatever he wants without repercussions is kind of shitty, but they won't. There is no downside for him to ignore that bill.

I kinda find this stuff really weird in context. Trump wrote a book about this, you may have heard about it it's called The Art of the Deal, and in this book he says that you start at the hardest position and then you work towards a compromise somewhere reasonable.

So actually going down the list of the things cited as flip-flops;
    Not a contradictory position.
    Good position.
    Good position. (Also picking on Jeb is funny)
    Good position.
    (On Clinton) this one worries me a bit, but she's old af and burnt all her assets so there's really little point to pursuing her anymore now that she's lost the election.
    This is a misquote. It's speaking about his priorities; you get out the bad actors first and then you get out the garden variety illegal immigrants.
    First two, not contradictory positions. Third one is just weird, and not exactly a flip-flop, just a weird af thing to say.
    Double flip-flop back to his original position. Oh no! How horrible!
    I guess you could count this one as a flip-flop but he's not wrong, at that point in the election he hadn't even won the primaries & he needs to reprioritize.
    Not a contradictory position, through sheer vagueness.
    Not stressed about this one.
    Good position.
    I'm mad about this last one. Fuck the NYT.

Very interesting. Both of these people said good things about one another during the election cycle, and Sanders + Trump crossbench co-operation could be extremely interesting and I hope it will do a lot to soothe the worries of the berniebros.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2016-11-27 at 02:26 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    That's an overly optimistic view, especially given what we've seen in this thread. They will continue to give him a pass no matter what he does. Trump said and did so many things during the campaign that would have utterly sunk the career of anyone else, yet here we are. I kind of wish they would hold his feet to the fire on this, just because having a President that can do whatever he wants without repercussions is kind of shitty, but they won't. There is no downside for him to ignore that bill.
    A lot of his voters? Sure. The fun thing here is that it was ultimately the working class and Rust Belt workers that tipped to his favor when they had previously voted Democrat. Only two candidates seemed to target that base, Sanders and Trump.

If Trump pisses off that particular voter base, they'll easily just run back to the left next election.

edit: This is basically forcing Trump's hand. Either he plays ball with the Dems on this to keep his voters happy but drives a wedge between him and his party or he flips and throws a core reason for his victory under the bus.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-11-27 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's funny that those on the Left seem pissed that he is coming across...now, as someone that's willing to compromise his positions, when they should be glad he's taken a softer stance.
    We've been pointing out that he's a hypocrite for some time, point in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Answer me this: are you deliberately aiming to seem insincere and abhorrently smug? Because your posting habits, especially the placement of emoticons, certainly gives that impression.
    I engage in a serious manner with those who can provide something intellectually worthwhile. To those who apparently can't, emoticons and smug remarks go. Plus, emoticons go often otherwise, because I am a friendly and nice sort - to those with whom it makes sense to be one.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-11-27 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Yeah. No hyperbole at all. Nope.
    I agree, the dumb shit you guys think will happen is all hyperbole.

It doesn't matter what he does. His supporters will unfailingly support him. How is this not obvious yet?

Hmm...interesting.

Sanders pressures Trump with anti-outsourcing legislation

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said Saturday he will introduce legislation aimed at preventing major companies from sending jobs to foreign countries, similar to what President-elect Donald Trump proposed on the campaign trail.
    Sanders pointed to Trump’s promise to prevent Carrier, an air conditioning manufacturer owned by United Technologies, from shifting factory jobs from Indiana to Mexico.
    “I will soon be introducing legislation to make sure that Donald Trump keeps his promise to prevent the outsourcing of American jobs,” Sanders said in a statement.

“For the sake of American workers, this is a promise that cannot and must not be broken.”

Sanders aims to prevent companies like Carrier from moving to foreign countries by withholding federal contracts, tax breaks, loans or grants from corporations that move more than 50 jobs overseas.

His legislation, titled the Outsourcing Prevention Act, would also impose an outsourcing tax of either 35 percent of the company’s profits or an amount equal to its total savings from outsourcing the jobs.

Sanders said Saturday he will push to hold Trump to his campaign promise to create and retain jobs in the U.S.

“Let’s be clear: it is not good enough to save some of these jobs,” Sanders said. “We cannot rest until United Technologies signs a firm contract to keep all of these good-paying jobs in Indiana without slashing the salaries or benefits workers have earned.”

The liberals on this forum have crossed that bizarre threshold where "I will forever be mad at Trump" is not enough, now it's "I'm mad that you aren't mad at Trump as well!"

Sanders aims to prevent companies like Carrier from moving to foreign countries by withholding federal contracts, tax breaks, loans or grants from corporations that move more than 50 jobs overseas.
    [/i]
    This is a dumb bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm not a Trumpster, but the politico list you attached is dishonest at best and a raging piece of liberal shit-prop at worst.
    Quoting Trump and referencing the sources is dishonest?

Does that mean the sources they linked are dishonest too? Even if those sources are from Trump himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Quoting Trump and referencing the sources is dishonest?

Does that mean the sources they linked are dishonest too? Even if those sources are from Trump himself?
    Half of the items on the list are quotes which are taken completely out of context. Seems kinda dishonest to me.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.