Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have already said before this exp. The new legendary crap will make a negative PR for the game. Of course Blizzard doesn't care about other developers' opinion... Shame on them.

While my account was active i did over 600 world quests and never saw a legendary... some of my friends had legendary on all their chars.

Wish we could obliterate legendaries for fragments that could be used to buy ones that you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I guess it's a win-win then!
    I have left WoW too, trash game now, they will cry in 2-3 months when millions will leave.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont know. im kinda sick of doing dailies and grinding LFR N H and M EN and 9+ 5 mans and getting nothing. sure the AP is nice but eh. keep praying for frost DK bracers or belt.

then again with the next patch legplates I kinda wanna save myself for a chance at those. I guess the solution is to not grind everyday and be more casual??

Quote Originally Posted by Mewhywhy View Post
    Thanks for quitting the game for us! Less toxic people
    I remember people saying the same thing during Cata. Funny how the game went to over 10m subs to something like half of that.
    Nearly dead bnet lists, queues taking forever... too soon have you forgotten that mocking people to quit will cost you, personally, in the future.
    Or maybe you enjoyed playing by yourself. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You can however make an educated guess based on comments like "Nighthold difficulty is tuned on EVERYONE HAVING AT LEAST TWO legendaries". If a system doesn't go to 100% then you can't base your tuning on RNG can you?
    Last I read blues stated it would be tuned around everyone having at least 1 legendary, but it doesn't matter much. Yes you can base your tuning on RNG: you just need to tune the RNG so that the statistical average meets your tuning and your variance so that outliers are not either screwed because they underperform too much or OP because they overperform. The problem here is entirely due to legendaries being in some cases so strong and coveted that they veer more in the "need to have" as opposite to "nice to have" category, especially at highly competitive levels.

And one more time: YOUR argument CANCELS the claim of "soft cap". If there is always RNG then there is always no soft cap. If there is BLP then there is still no soft cap as the game literally hands you 4 items sooner or later and then you go back to RNG aka the NO soft cap (that never existed anyway).
    RNG, BLP or whatever are irrelevant: for a soft cap the only thing that matters is the question: "there was a point after which farming legendaries becomes more difficult?". The answer was "yes, after you drop your 4th legendary, dropping the 5th did become more difficult".

This is because the rules governing legendary drops were more favourable until you have 4 and become less rewarding after you have got your 4th, as explained by blue post, but actually it's irrelevant why or how, what matters is that after that point it was unquestionably more difficult. That, is a soft cap. Is RNG involved? Is BLP involved? Are human sacrifices involved? It couldn't matter less, it being a soft cap anyway.

Aaaaaaaaaand I got a Legendary from the Nightfallen cache.... Also I am the type of player who only does WQs and afks in Dalaran, lol.

Deleted
    Is random chance difficult? Can random chance be put in limits as yours? The answer is "NO". I can go play tonight and win 5 legendaries. Or not. There is absolutely no restriction (cap) in what I can or cannot do. There is "chance". If you think chance is against you then good luck in life in general. What you are about is having a linear system where probability is safeguarded so you don't feel bad.

And this is how you perceive caps everywhere when it's just pure unadulterated LUCK. Anything other than that is Blizzard gimmicks to appease their ultra-entitled customers.

I'm sad to see people who cannot get it through their heads that random luck can't be a cap because it can simply bless you and shit legendaries on you non stop (provided you at lucky ofc). Unless you wake up every day and tell yourself "nothing good will happen to me today because there is a soft cap in my ability to live a good life".
    At last we agree , yes its random chance ! u can always win 5 legendaries with or without soft-cap , Soft-cap only applies to ur chance which in the first senario is 0.1% for example wheres on the second senario it is increasing on like 0.01% after failed attemps so there is benefit to continue increasing ur chances something u dont have on the first senario where its 0.1% so u have 0.1% per try to win 5 legendaries tonigh in +3+2 chest runs !!! Awesome !
    Hard cap means u have 0% chance ! . Isnt it awesome that the soft-cap on chances is removed and we can continue to hope that our chances to get our bis leg are increasing . Isnt it nice to not have ur chances caped at 0.1% after 4rth legendary ! I tottaly agree with the removal of soft-cap

Is random chance difficult? Can random chance be put in limits as yours? The answer is "NO". I can go play tonight and win 5 legendaries. Or not. There is absolutely no restriction (cap) in what I can or cannot do. There is "chance". If you think chance is against you then good luck in life in general. What you are about is having a linear system where probability is safeguarded so you don't feel bad.

And this is how you perceive caps everywhere when it's just pure unadulterated LUCK. Anything other than that is Blizzard gimmicks to appease their ultra-entitled customers.

I'm sad to see people who cannot get it through their heads that random luck can't be a cap because it can simply bless you and shit legendaries on you non stop (provided you at lucky ofc). Unless you wake up every day and tell yourself "nothing good will happen to me today because there is a soft cap in my ability to live a good life".
    The answer is definitely "YES", random chance can be put in terms of difficulty and soft caps. This can be easily proven by pushing an hypotetical example to the extremes: until you have 4 legendaries your drop chance is 90%, after you have 4 legendaries your drop chance is 0.01%. This doesn't change the nature of the problem, it only highlights its features. Then the following questions can be answered:

• Are the chances of getting a legendary random? Yes, in both cases.
    • It's possible to get more than 4 legendaries? Yes, after your 4th the odds are much lower but not 0.
    • Is getting a legendary when you already have 4 more difficult than getting a legendary before you have 4? It's trying to win with 0.01% odds more difficult than trying to win with 90% odds? Yes: it's more difficult.

As you can see, pure luck, pure RNG, and still it makes sense to talk about a soft cap of 4 legendaries given the difference between obtaining one before or after you reached said cap.

Said that, you are correct that BLP is supposed to be a safeguard against the statistical outliers being left without legendaries. I don't see how it's a bad thing, nor how it changes the fact that there was a soft cap set at 4 legendaries making getting the 5th comparatively more difficult.
    Last edited by bsolar; 2016-11-26 at 07:27 PM.

done over 1400 world quests since release. not 1 legendary. did i quit? yep

Once you tweak the numbers it stops being RNG. Lets explain it like we would to a 3 year old since my 5 year old nephew already understands what you don't.

So we have 49 balls for the lotto. We magnetize 5 of the balls so that when moving around the pot those 5 have a bigger chance or even 100% chance to be the chosen "lucky numbers".

The people looking at the lottery are seeing 49 balls flying. The devs know 5 of the balls have more chance to win than the rest because of the magnetized bias. So, the gullible people below think there is pure luck and RNG while they are being outplayed by the fact that the 5 balls have already been pre-chosen.

All your name calling and insults won't do anything to fix your arguments which are totally invalid and based on your limited understanding of things.
    What you're suggesting is that is no longer a *uniform* random number generator - but it is still very much random.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Wish we could obliterate legendaries for fragments that could be used to buy ones that you want.
    This x1000

Quote Originally Posted by Racia View Post
    While my account was active i did over 600 world quests and never saw a legendary... some of my friends had legendary on all their chars.
    world quests dont drop legendaries, u need to do content like m+ / raids / heroic dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    world quests dont drop legendaries, u need to do content like m+ / raids / heroic dungeons
    But Emissary boxes do drop legendary's. So he was on somewhat of the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    But Emissary boxes do drop legendary's. So he was on somewhat of the right path.
    u are right, emissary boxes do have a high chance of dropping legendaries.

my point is to educate em so that the next time he'll be spending time doing content that will actually drop legendaries.

and also to stop the " i have x amount of /played and i only have have 0/1 legendary " posters. Legendary drop has nothing to do with amount of time /played doing content that wont ramp up the bad luck protection to increase chances of dropping , its a numbers game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elash View Post
    I have left WoW too, trash game now, they will cry in 2-3 months when millions will leave.
    Blizzard is aware of how many people are leaving already. They have done this bullshit for the past several expansions... trying to create numbers generated content and RNG based crap in attempt to "waste" the time of the player... instead of providing meaningful, goals and rewards systems.

An excerpt from Blizzard's post about legendaries recently:

The Unique-Equipped limit keeps the power gap between the haves and have-nots reasonable
    Reduce that a little more:

limit keeps the power gap between the haves and have-nots reasonable
    A little more:

gap between the haves and have-nots
    And finally the root of the sentence:

the haves and have-nots
    When an MMO, a game that should naturally be about the more you play, the more you earn and progress, has problems with people who have things others have no control over getting, purely because of RNG, you have a broken game.

I am angry about it... truly I am. They took a beloved game and distorted it... all because they have become lazy and unimaginative. All because they feel the need to develop easy to generate content instead of quality, engaging, reality suspending entertainment.

All I can do is stop playing, and hope the losses speak loud enough to be heard. I fear it's too late for WoW. Those that had passion have moved on or retired... all that is left directing the game are those damn "Elitist Jerks" that are nerd ass math geeks and can't see beyond their own hubris.

Legion had SUCH potential... all they had to do was include deterministic loot, a clear and quality experience of gear progression that relied upon faction rewards and crafting to fill gearing needs, and either left out the legendaries entirely, or created a way to EARN them not luck into them.

When I first heard about legendaries I thought OMG!!!! Awesome!!!! I'll be able to target a specific item by grinding the withered, or another one by grinding dungeons, or a different one picking flowers.

Instead, it was RNG, with bug ridden code that made the first lucky people be even MORE lucky, then to find out there was more code to gate and limit people.

When are people going to wake up and see that they are making this game about milking subscription months, not actually providing content worth a monthly subscription. They have amazing artwork, animation, questing teams at their disposal, bu6t the game designers are short-sighted, unimaginative mathheads that need fired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    The protection works like a charm. If you don't get one, that just means that your definition of "like a madman" is stupid from the perspective of a lifeless and jobless (or university attending) person who plays the game more than you with your life and friends and job could possibly imagine anyone doing.

/signed a person who played like a lifeless zombie for some 5 weeks at the expansion launch and got his legendaries in 2 intervals that could not have been closer to each other and seeing people get theirs in about the same intervals with the same nolife playstyle. We're the outliers. You not having one is perfectly normal for someone with your (assumed) playstyle.

This image is just warped because the majority of people who post in forums like this (or even the official forums) are more hardcore than the average. The average person doesn't care about the game outside of the game itself. The average - no legendary having - person won't post here. So you have forums full of people (95%) with at least one legendary - a lot of people with even more and you think "damn my bad luck protection must be fucked" when in fact it's perfectly fine and you're well within your expected legendary range... along with the majority of players.

Doing LFR and NM EN, 1 M+ a day, your daily heroic dungeon and your emissary chest is NOT playing like a madman.

Doing all raid difficulties, 6 >6 Keystone M+ a day and the emissary if you're still bored that is much more madman like but still not quite there... you see, some people just have LOTS of time on their hands and those are the peeps with 4+ legendaries.

I played like a madman for 5 weeks (as already stated) and got 2 legendaries out of that. Since then my playstyle has become much more normalized and I haven't seen a single legendary since then (another 5 weeks). And when I say "much more normalized" I mean I'm still raiding mythic and occasionally clearing other difficulties ... doing 1 or 2 M+ a day and my emissary on a daily basis.

tl;dr: Working as intended. If you still feel you do tons of content and the BLP isn't working, post a link to your char so we can see what you are actually doing and I'd bet my hypotehtical first born that it's perfectly normal that you don't have one yet (albeit a little on the unlucky side but definitely not on the "should definitely have one by now" side).

edit: While writing this I seem to have forgotten that you actually already have one. In that case, the above applies even stronger.
    I'm a mythic raider, I farm HC/normal each week as well and I hit as many m+ as I possibly can (lvl 35 weapon)

What the fuck are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndre View Post
    I'm a mythic raider, I farm HC/normal each week as well and I hit as many m+ as I possibly can (lvl 35 weapon)

What the fuck are you talking about?
    That you are probably not doing as many M+ as you think you are. And your weapon level means jack shit seeing how much AP you can get from non legendary eligible content.

What I wrote stands. Post a link to your char if you're so sure you deserve one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    That you are probably not doing as many M+ as you think you are. And your weapon level means jack shit seeing how much AP you can get from non legendary eligible content.

What I wrote stands. Post a link to your char if you're so sure you deserve one.
    Do I need to justify myself to you? Really. I'm telling you I'm doing all the content I need to do in order to qualify for BLP. Period.