Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Malfurion will die this expansion.

They're setting Tyrande Whisperwind up to be more independent. When you go questing with her, she has the option of finding her missing husband, or going after Ysera.

With great pain, she goes after Ysera, and actually manages to function despite her hubby missing. I have the feeling that little by little they're going to keep putting Tyrande in these situations where she doesn't have Malfurion, and then boom he's killed off.

Then after that, Tyrande can rule the night elves without being *hushed* and finally go to her new love, Illidan. <3
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like this is new though... she was priestess on her own while Malfurion was trapped in the Emerald Dream... so in a sense, it is just back to business as usual.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    I hope Malfurion will get killed and Ysera revived somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ysera won't get revived. Elune took her soul and placed her in the stars.. hard to get more Canon death than that. Ysera's essence is a part of Elune's tear now. I think that is as close as we will get to Ysera Immortal.

I don't think he has any role left in this expansion to die though lol. Also Tyrande has no feeling for Illidan so even without Malfurion she won't still love him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy dying would be a big highlight, dear lord.

Actually would be kinda cool for him to finally put his wife first and show he gives a shit about her and to an extent his brother and somehow sacrifice himself for them, but eh, that won't happen. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even go to Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Not like this is new though... she was priestess on her own while Malfurion was trapped in the Emerald Dream... so in a sense, it is just back to business as usual.
    Tyrande spent tons of time in the barrow by Malfurion's side...

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    She visited him when she had the chance. It was obviously not most of her time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    She. Was. Still. Alone. And. Leading. The. Nightelves.

I'm actually surprised they are still together even after WC3.

Tyrande led her people just fine for 10,000 years without Malfurion's help and she can and would get by without him. The quest in Val she makes it clear that her duties as a priestess come first and her faith is rewarded by the return of Malfurion.

Anyway, during her time leading the Nelf's they became a much more savage and brutal people than they were when Malfurion went into the dream. Tyrande shows a willingness to make the hard choices and compromises that Malfurion either would not make or just lacks the stomach to because of his druidic leanings. Of the two of them she's the one that could most handle the loss of the other.

She still wouldn't get with Illdan though even if Malfurion died. Illidan is a stage 12 clinger waiting to happen and clearly frames all of his selfish choices in terms of doing it for her.

Oh please? As a druid main, I'd love to get rid of him and have something new. They just can't figure out what to do with him. One moment he's just a 'powerful druid', the next he can so some Thrall-level spellcasting in overpowered-ness. He's super wise, then he flies off the handle chasing something that's clearly a trap. He's meant to be the focus of the natural order, but doesn't seem to shed a tear that he's the reason Ysera died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    They're setting Tyrande Whisperwind up to be more independent. When you go questing with her, she has the option of finding her missing husband, or going after Ysera.

With great pain, she goes after Ysera, and actually manages to function despite her hubby missing. I have the feeling that little by little they're going to keep putting Tyrande in these situations where she doesn't have Malfurion, and then boom he's killed off.

Then after that, Tyrande can rule the night elves without being *hushed* and finally go to her new love, Illidan. <3
    I would be so upset. I'd rather see Tyrande be killed off or both her and Malfurion. Let them die as lovers or let her go. She was always rather dumb and the person voicing her has forgot how to do the voice right so it annoys me when I hear it. It's petty I know.

Also the Hush Tyrande shit was so overblown. It became a meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    have him sacrifice himself to save Illidan, would make up a little bit for how douche he has been to him

Deleted
    Illidari Malfurion.

Da loa be speakin' dis to me, mon.

It's actually Tyrande who will die this expansion.

Malfurion: Wait for me Tyrande, I am off to doing some things for the world! From the Dream!
    Tyrande: Okay.
    Malfurion: I'm awake again after thousands of years!
    Tyrande: Can we spend some time together now?
    Malfurion: Hush Tyrande, I'm off to do stuff solo again! I need my space, you're smothering me!
    Tyrande: I love you so much.
    Malfurion: Uh huh yeah whatever, I'm off! Rushing head long into action to save Cenarius without thinking! My brash actions will end up getting Ysera killed by the way.
    Tyrande: Uhhh... maybe you should stop and think for a moment and he is gone. I'm coming my love!
    Malfurion: I'm captured! Help me!
    Tyrande: I have to save this temple, if it is lost we will be really boned and I need to try to save Ysera!
    Malfurion: I knew it, you love your precious dragon more than me!
    Tyrande: What do I see in him again?
    Blizzard: We say you do, now keep to the script.
    Tyrande: But it's written in crayon...
    Blizzard: Hush Tyrande!

Edit: Blizzard writing has never been that strong, a shame really because it could be so much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Edit: Blizzard writing has never been that strong, a shame really because it could be so much better.
    This has to be one of the most redundant statements I have read in a while.

Like, I agree with your first half of the sentence, but the rest of it goes without saying.

And even though I agree, honestly, it is not as bad as people try to pin on it. Surely it isn't even B+, but a B to C+ on average isn't really that bad. Besides, they DO dish out really amazing stories from time to time.

That all said, it makes me feel funny that -and this is a general statement- some people sit around this forum and other forums all day thinking that they could come up with better story lines and keep at it at a high quality. If they were, they would probably not come day in and day out here just to whine and instead found a career in story writing instead of their minimum wage job at McDonald's.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-11-27 at 06:08 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I miss Ysera more than I'd miss Malfurion, in all honesty. >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I'm happy to see that Blizzard has managed to keep a legitimately loving couple together and alive as long as they have, especially despite the memes and misinterpretations. It's rare to see a couple that actually gets along in fiction for some reason.

I do expect Malfurion to die soon, but I think they might be saving that for Azshara. It's a typical way to establish a threat such as her, and it's the sort of revenge she'd presumably be after. Also, Malfurion is powerful, maybe too powerful. There's a reason that Blizzard keeps coming up with ways to imprison him or otherwise prevent him from taking a direct role in a conflict. Sooner or later I expect them to make that final.