Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by velinart View Post
    You do realise they basically ignore the mechanic thanks to this ? Everything stacked up means mage/hunter take them out easily without sacrifying everything on the adds. The melee don't have to switch on, more dps on the boss.
    They killed it around 11min04. They'd hit enrage without this.

But anyway, Watcher threw the dice, rolled a 6, it's not an exploit.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...78963474530304
    Every components of the involved mechanic were technically working as intended, as Watched pointed out. Yes, it's true that the combined result wasn't intended, but that only put it in the gray area. Blizzard don't usually punish clever / gray area strats and put them in the clever use of of game mechanics.

If you really feel that was unfair (and not just throwing a tantrum), feel free to point out which part of the breath mechanic was working properly when she stopped breathing entirely in P3 after one cancelled breath due to tank death.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Does it have to be the same thing to count as an exploit? It avoids several parts of that mechanics, be it placement of mobs to kill or the damaging void zones they place. It doesn't completely trivialize the ability, as the blobs still have to be killed, but it makes it easier than it was supposed to be. It saves several seconds on every breath - so if there's a berserk timer, it probably helps with that.
    It doesn't avoid anything. It trivialize them. The mechanics were still there, nothing broken. If Blizzard was going to punish every (unintended) strats that trivialize mechanics, there would have been tons of bans going out on raiding guilds in every expansions. Ghostcrawlers put it before - unless a mechanic was broken, they generally give guilds benefit of the doubt and either leave the mechanics alone or hotfix them depends on situation, but wouldn't take action towards guilds.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-11-27 at 05:26 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Nah, we need to satiate the justice boner of the LFR raiders who will never even step foot in Mythic ToV. After all, if you do anything that's different than the pure, untouched, virginal Method, you're just exploiting.

Haha they might as well rename the fucking guild From Salt.

You guys are such sore losers it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    If what Danish Terrace did isn't an exploit, then I dont know what is. Holy shit how can people even argue about it.
    Exploit in every game is when a player avoids a certain mechanic with a specific activity. The activity is allowed via game itself but it's when a mechanic is bugged with the said activity that otherwise could've happened, there you have an exploit. It also applies for mechanic changes and unwanted things that also shouldnt happen like bombs making bridges platforms instead of destroying them

Clever use of game mechanics in the other hand is when players combine what they have to overcome things that are already in game , just easier. Like los pulls that everyone does in m+. Or kitty squad
    There is situations where you cant tell if its intended to work this way or not which developers decide if its exploit or smart play. Like archi tank sacrifice, we dont know if it was intended for the shard to just go away or now. But it didn't break and they were spawned again in the fight so yeah ...

But when you actually break something that is supposed to happen, and it doesnt, i mean come on that breath is class teaching level of example for cheating!
    Now you tell me, stacking adds somewhere so you can aoe easier and w/o void zones is smart play or exploit? Blizzard can come up and ban Danish guys but by game design definition its not an exploit since every mechanics IS happening...
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by velinart View Post
    You do realise they basically ignore the mechanic thanks to this ? Everything stacked up means mage/hunter take them out easily without sacrifying everything on the adds. The melee don't have to switch on, more dps on the boss.
    They killed it around 11min04. They'd hit enrage without this.

But anyway, Watcher threw the dice, rolled a 6, it's not an exploit.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...78963474530304
    There's no "ignoring" going on. They still have to kill the slimes. The only thing going on due to this is that the adds are stacked, leading to an easier time killing them. EASIER =/= IGNORING. Just because they figured out a way to make the mechanic easier does not negate the mechanic in any way. If facing her in that direction meant not spawning any adds at all, then that would be ignoring and subsequently, exploiting.

It's crazy that some of the best raiders in the world can't tell the difference between what's an exploit and what's clever use of game mechanics after 10 years of WoW. Watcher explained this perfectly - On Archimonde, does sacrificing crystal tanks (or having them just get pushed into a wall on that fight) count as an exploit to you? I can bring up so many examples of past fights, or better yet, you should KNOW every single example of past fights to know what can be considered an exploit and what's not at this point especially as a raider contending for world firsts.

If you don't, then you only got yourself to blame, instead of putting some imaginary blame somewhere else because you are too ignorant to figure out what is and isn't an exploit. Those who learn from history won't repeat the mistakes made in the past.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-11-27 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    It's crazy that some of the best raiders in the world can't tell the difference between what's an exploit and what's clever use of game mechanics after 10 years of WoW.
    Oh trust me, they know. From Scratch are just super salty and making fools of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    What did From Scratch do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    What did From Scratch do now?
    They didn't listen to this guy's advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They didn't listen to this guy's advice.
    Can I get a link? I do like reading me some salt

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Can I get a link? I do like reading me some salt
    Two previous pages, someone from scratch () trying to discredit danish trace kill hahaha
    I blame all that salty waves in the encounter. Too much salty water 7/10 lol
    green is the color!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    Two previous pages, someone from scratch () trying to discredit danish trace kill hahaha
    I blame all that salty waves in the encounter. Too much salty water 7/10 lol
    That is some nice salt. I'm not sure how it can be an exploit to stack up the adds. If they didn't spawn the adds/Was able to just ignore them, sure, but stacking them up? I don't see it

So did they nerf Helya somehow? I'm pretty sure slimes spawned to upper platform before if you face boss that way or did DT do something different?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    So did they nerf Helya somehow? I'm pretty sure slimes spawned to upper platform before if you face boss that way or did DT do something different?
    They faced the boss toward water. Logically, they should spawn there, well beyond range to safely dps, but appearently they form a nice clump right next to the boss.

Exploit in every game is when a player avoids a certain mechanic with a specific activity. The activity is allowed via game itself but it's when a mechanic is bugged with the said activity that otherwise could've happened, there you have an exploit. It also applies for mechanic changes and unwanted things that also shouldnt happen like bombs making bridges platforms instead of destroying them

Clever use of game mechanics in the other hand is when players combine what they have to overcome things that are already in game , just easier. Like los pulls that everyone does in m+. Or kitty squad
    There is situations where you cant tell if its intended to work this way or not which developers decide if its exploit or smart play. Like archi tank sacrifice, we dont know if it was intended for the shard to just go away or now. But it didn't break and they were spawned again in the fight so yeah ...

But when you actually break something that is supposed to happen, and it doesnt, i mean come on that breath is class teaching level of example for cheating!
    Now you tell me, stacking adds somewhere so you can aoe easier and w/o void zones is smart play or exploit? Blizzard can come up and ban Danish guys but by game design definition its not an exploit since every mechanics IS happening...
    You forget the point where the slimes were supposed to spawn in a line, and the specific spot with an invisible wall they found kept those slimes from doing so. This is clearly not intended, and thus is simply abusing an exploit.

It's similar to using the invisible wall in court of stars last boss, those invisible walls arn't made to trivialize mechanics, thus if you use them that way you are exploiting. Can't put it more simple then that.

Deleted
    Blizz say it's not an exploit, so go with the Blizz take on things. Well played DT and SB. Still time for Nova world 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    You forget the point where the slimes were supposed to spawn in a line, and the specific spot with an invisible wall they found kept those slimes from doing so. This is clearly not intended, and thus is simply abusing an exploit.

It's similar to using the invisible wall in court of stars last boss, those invisible walls arn't made to trivialize mechanics, thus if you use them that way you are exploiting. Can't put it more simple then that.
    Thats the line mate. Nothing in the fight has changed and adds still need to be put down. Its still clever use of game mechanics were you do something devs didnt intend you to do or predicted, but still everything IS working.

Would it be harder to dps adds down from the sea vs under the boss? Possibly. Is it easier than adds on the platform? Dfntly. Even if they weren't stacked, its still a clever strat that takes advantage of their setup. Invisible wall can be fixed via patches so you cant use this strat like they did anymore, also blizz said its not what was intended but still a legit strat. Like i said if its shady devs can decide how much od their prediction for the fight was avoided.
    green is the color!

Thats the line mate. Nothing in the fight has changed and adds still need to be put down. Its still clever use of game mechanics were you do something devs didnt intend you to do or predicted, but still everything IS working.

Would it be harder to dps adds down from the sea vs under the boss? Possibly. Is it easier than adds on the platform? Dfntly. Even if they weren't stacked, its still a clever strat that takes advantage of their setup. Invisible wall can be fixed via patches so you cant use this strat like they did anymore, also blizz said its not what was intended but still a legit strat. Like i said if its shady devs can decide how much od their prediction for the fight was avoided.
    Abusing invisible walls is not legit, at least not in my eyes, but I guess some people have been so corrupted by years of shady tactics they dont understand legit anymore.

Many other guilds knew about this strat and didnt abuse it, why? Because its obviously super shady and they didnt want to get banned. It just feels so wrong that blizzard is messing with the race this bad this tier. They should act way faster and more consistent so other legit guilds know what they can, and cannot do.
    Last edited by willemh; 2016-11-27 at 12:06 PM.

Deleted
    That DT kill is incredibly embarrassing.

Glad to see Scrubs do well again, hoping for Set Sail and FatShark to complete tonight. Three legit guilds.

To let the slimes spawn so that they don't need to killed is kinda the same like having no more spawns due to a bug imho.

Deleted
    Funny thing is, it's not an exploit according to blizzard but it's still going to get hotfixed, making the DPS check a lot harder, DT would have never made it with the intended way.