Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    When you're finished with that, move on to these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Got the latest Nails EP on vinyl for like 8 bucks, not too shabby.

Also Tank rules
    After the shit Nails pulled earlier, they're not getting a penny of my money. Fuck them.

I'm a massive metallica fan!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Guys from Katatonia, Swallow the Sun and October Tide team up to drop a super sad doom record with heavy synths and female vocals.
    That was a pretty nice album, I think it was linked earlier by Duilliath before the thread went down in a five page thrash metal barrage. Some more pretty good doom metal from the US, not sure was this linked already but don't think so.

Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-11-24 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys heard this one already?

https://blood-music.bandcamp.com/alb...ness-transcend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Have you guys heard this one already?

https://blood-music.bandcamp.com/alb...ness-transcend
    Just listened to this. That was a really interesting album, normally not really my type of metal but I quite liked that.

My track of the day - Pro-Pain "Don't Kill Yourself To Live"

Deleted
    Yo these last tunes , just joiend MMO, glad there is a metal section

My track of the day - Prong "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck"

Deleted

Finally, I've been anticipating this album for months now! And it's fucking amazing!

Best track on the entire album, the first riff blows me away.

Excellent symphonic/melodic black album, better than their previous one!

A bit late, but my track of the day - Armored Saint "Aftermath" live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    My track of the day - Prong "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck"
    Used this one for exercising a number of times. It's got a great pace for that.

5/5 for the Hymir song. Gonna have to listen to the album atleast once and probably five times more. I'm not a fan of black metal but this is the second melodic black metal album I have liked. First one is Epic Death witchcraft . Thanks for posting .

Edit. My favourite genre is melodic death metal or folk metal, but here is my favourite song of last week I found and listened to dozens of times. (I listen to same albums for a few weeks and then move on) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aph8TxFAbqk Orbit Culture - Sun of All
    Last edited by xogen; 2016-11-27 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    5/5 for the Hymir song. Gonna have to listen to the album atleast once and probably five times more. I'm not a fan of black metal but this is the second melodic black metal album I have liked. First one is Epic Death witchcraft . Thanks for posting .

Edit. My favourite genre is melodic death metal or folk metal, but here is my favourite song of last week I found and listened to dozens of times. (I listen to same albums for a few weeks and then move on) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aph8TxFAbqk Orbit Culture - Sun of All
    I'm glad you liked Hymir, it's an amazing album with just one song I don't like. One of my favourite albums this year.

Regarding Orbit Culture, I posted it a few dozen pages back, amazing album! Also heaps better than their previous album. Extremely solid album.

This is my fav track though

You may like Krampus. It's a bit like Eluveitie. Their latest album (Was just released) is very weak compared to their first album, so perhaps you like the older Krampus more.

New:

Old:

No idea what happened to them

Oh, and I have to link this one too. Reformed band that used to be Destinity. Don't be fooled by the metalcore intro, it's MDM.

Was one of my all-time favourite bands...

Glad they are back in a way atleast.

What MDM bands do you like xogen, perhaps I may help you out!
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2016-11-27 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    What MDM bands do you like xogen, perhaps I may help you out!
    After listening to the Hymir album now on my way home I have to say it wasnt as good for me as I expected from the first song I heard. Going to listen to all things you recommended when I get home to the real headphones . As for what kind of MDM I like I honestly listen to what youtube recommends. Half of the bands are good, then I listen to them for 2-8 times get bored move on and forget them to my now 300 album playlist on youtube . Then occasionally I listen to old good stuff there. Currently listening to Eternal Storm - From the Ashes for the first time and this I like, MDM with a folk viking sound I'd say. Though I listen to a lot of different sounding bands so I am a troublesome person. If you have time or are interested I'll just link my playlist here and you will probably recognize a few bands and see how my taste evolved over a few years. :P https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QoxXxmpHAnv1Xu
    Honestly it's just easiest if people continue linking their favourite music and I just listen to it like before.
    Triple edit. From eluveitie my favourite song is Bloodstained Ground but never really listened to them mutch. The old Krampus sounds 5x better than the new one.
    Last edited by xogen; 2016-11-27 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    After listening to the Hymir album now on my way home I have to say it wasnt as good for me as I expected from the first song I heard. Going to listen to all things you recommended when I get home to the real headphones . As for what kind of MDM I like I honestly listen to what youtube recommends. Half of the bands are good, then I listen to them for 2-8 times get bored move on and forget them to my now 300 album playlist on youtube . Then occasionally I listen to old good stuff there. Currently listening to Eternal Storm - From the Ashes for the first time and this I like, MDM with a folk viking sound I'd say. Though I listen to a lot of different sounding bands so I am a troublesome person. If you have time or are interested I'll just link my playlist here and you will probably recognize a few bands and see how my taste evolved over a few years. :P https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QoxXxmpHAnv1Xu
    Honestly it's just easiest if people continue linking their favourite music and I just listen to it like before.
    Triple edit. From eluveitie my favourite song is Bloodstained Ground but never really listened to them mutch. The old Krampus sounds 5x better than the new one.
    Most of us are the same regarding taste. I'm a melodic death type of guy, but within that genre there's so many different styles it's hard to find exactly what you like

I noticed on your playlist from around 200 to 300 is the stuff I like aswell. Quite a lot of underground stuff too. Your newest additions I have to check some bands out I don't know. I also notice a few more metalcore bands within your newest additions.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7woDAym1G1KjBA

That is my favourite list, been collecting for a few years myself

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    When you're finished with that, move on to these.

Riverside
    Ark
    Threshold
    Sieges Even
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Leprous
    Lots of good quality here!
    I've been reading a book on progressive metal recently, so my interest in this area has been piqued a bit.
    Apart from Sieges Even, I either already liked them (Haken/Leprous) or newly really like them (the rest). :-)
    I think the Sieges Even track was just a bit too soft for me.

Here's something I've also been loving recently, I guess it's progressive intrumental death metal:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    You say you like melodic death metal but I haven't seen any of the essentials in your playlist.
    Everybody knows about those bands though. And they've all become less awesome the more releases.

I'm very glad to see Australis in your list. Did you find them yourself or was it because I posted them?
    Yes, that one was yours, I like Australis.

Also, I wouldn't call MDM entry level. It's between the mainstream shit (Metalcore, heavy metal, modernized MDM (Last few In Flames albums)) and the extreme stuff. Stuff you like. But there's many types of MDM. Just look at the latest Amon Amarth album, extremely easy to get into, and kinda boring for some of us who more like the aggressive style of MDM.

Now I personally still like the last Amon Amarth album. But the newer tracks simply don't blow me away compared to the older tracks like Death in Fire, Beheading of a King & Valhall Awaits Me. Some of my favourite tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcohorlick View Post

Here's something I've also been loving recently, I guess it's progressive intrumental death metal:
    Nice, I like this. Kinda wished it had vocals though. I'm gonna listen to it a bit more.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2016-11-27 at 03:49 PM.

My track of the day - Motörhead "Iron Fist". My first rock/metal single, still have it somewhere - 7" clear red vinyl, bought from Woolworths if I remember correctly ...

You say you like melodic death metal but I haven't seen any of the essentials in your playlist.
    I guess I just don't know the genres very well. When I listen to music it usually says melodeath in the youtube info section if there is the genre. I know the bands you linked, but don't consider them that genre. I like a lot heavier stuff. Scar symmetry is nice though. Amon Amarth I would say is folk metal? It's a cool band and my favourite hoodie is theirs. Thanks for all I'll just continue listening and talking less since I'm clueless. :P Can't really offer in depth conversation.
    Edit. That ophidius is really chill and will prolly listen to that when streaming. :P