Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry Activision Blizzard's Greed got reflected this Black Friday.

While on games from other companies I have been able to save 50, 25, usd. Activision's games prices are either horribly masked to the minimal or plain non-existent.

I can only talk for the games I have played and read news occasionally. I have been pretty mad with their practices with a lot of their games. Some reviewers point this out and claim Activision's Blizzard development is totally different from the Blizzard we fell in love with, they have left the company long time ago, and this has been reflected because after the Burning Crusade everything has changed, content wise or lackt hereof, nickel and dime tactics and overpricing.

Back into subject we start with Heroes of the Storm where long term costumers got slapped in the face by not releasing the 50% off for Black Friday we got last year, just so that they can milk new costumers trying the game that come from Overwatch from a cross-promotion. Totally neglecting their loyal player base who now get the option to buy still expensive legendary bundles who btw would have been the less sold during a 50% off sale because let's be honest, they are still overpriced.

Next we have Overwatch, a game that is currently being offer for 35 USD the origins version. This is ignoring that the normal version has always been sold for 40 USD and the Origins versions has always been bordering the same price on G2A. A Origins edition that only gives you 3 or so skins that you barely get to see when you use them because it is a first person shooter and that people who have not bought this game by now couldn't care less.
    We NEVER get a reduced price for the "normal" version. On the psn you only get to buy it for 35 instead of 40, only if you have the paid service Playstation Plus, not that the game runs without Playstation Plus anyway. A game that is totally devoured of content as it does not have campaign, story or progression. A game where you can easily tell got paid reviews as it is an incomplete game. A game that dare profit on loot boxes that give totally RANDOM rewards even though you paid for this game, to avoid this kind of GARBAGE in the first place.

Following we have World of Warcraft. After a whole of a year long of no content (again). World of Warcraft offers a big discount for its product, but only for Base game and it's expansions till WOD! So you still have to pay full price for Legion if you really want to play World of Warcraft. How fucking greedy. There are no discounts for any of the pets, mounts or anything else on their store. This game is so bad it even has a proffesional lier as a main developer.

We have Bungie's Destiny who has had 3 expansions now and is being offered the complete edition for 45 usd on the PSN. All of this when the base game is a squeleton, their 2 followed expansions were being offered for 15 usd previously, and the last expansion has had a cost of 30 usd. So basically there is no discount but it is still marked as "on sale". If you want to play this game you have to pay like you buy a total new game, even tho the review from their last expansion claim that it is a reskinned campaign and uninspired arena multiplayer.

Call of Duty, omg I hear so much bad shit about this one, I do not even play it, but they released a remaster of an older game that was the game that people actually wanted and this remaster was only attainable if you buy the new COD game that noone wanted. If you do not buy the newest game you do not get to play it and if you buy it, you ALSO do not get to sell any of the two as they will only work with the same disc. And the price of this game for Black Friday is still big flat 60 USD. How is this shit a good deal? Oh I think this sells usually for 90 USD, so people can play the god damn remaster they are forced to buy a new unwanted game gor 90!.
    I do not follow other games but I'm sure the tendency is no different.

So you may tell me, welcome to the next generation of gaming, where companies are dishonest and everyone is doing it. But on top of the pyramid is Activision. This is the worst company doing it and you can clearly see it on the Black Friday sales how greedy they are. Where I have been able to save 20 usd to 50 usd on real good full games with lots of quality content but we get nothing from Activision.
    Trying to bundle and sell us skeletons and no real sales for the games but still pretending they are offering us something good. This is Activision who thinks their products (which are full of nickel and diming gimmicks and or lack of content to milk us in pieces during a period of time) are so great because they have the blizzard (or bungie or whatever) logo that other people worked so hard to build, that they do not have to offer anything good really because you are their bitch and you will buy it anyway.
    So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

What a stupid bitch about nothing.

You showed your color as soon as you mentioned G2A. If you can't stand supporting publishers at full prices, and instead rely on a site notorious for hacked/stolen keys, you don't deserve a discount to begin with.

The original post is not even needed because it's obvious there is no tangible concept of what you're trying to debate.

I agree with you OP, but a lot of people on these forums think the suns shines from Activision Blizzard rear end.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You understand that Black Friday isn't a discounting mandate, right?
    When you're as big as Blizzard and taking part in a global strategy, I'd say it's very common.
    But again, it's not the first time they're open about being greedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    I agree with you OP, but a lot of people on these forums think the suns shines from Activision Blizzard rear end.
    They're cuckd with Blizzard. Eat their crap and thing the RNG loot system is a godsent from blizzard. It's sad.

You are a fan of G2A, a shady piece of shit website. Says enough for me. This rant isn't worth anything because of that.

wouldn't it be more greedy to have a sale on the day when everyone else is having a sale? ie make money when you know its flowing. I don't think you thought you're conspiracy theory through.

Of course not, they think their products are so great that they do not have the need to put them on sale really, even tho it is crystal clear that every brand they purchased are a shadow of what they used to be.

Now when I see the activison brand I just look away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were people really expecting games that came out a month or two ago to be on sale?

Deleted
    "costumers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not having another in-game services sale for over two years is the bigger travesty IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    Following we have World of Warcraft. After a whole of a year long of no content (again).
    Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your point here but are we talking about the same World of Warcraft?

7.1 did happen didn't it? You know... that thing with the Kara revamp, Trial of Valor and that other stuff. I'm not just making that up right? I'm also pretty sure an expansion launch counts as content (even if you do have to pay for it). Seems to me we've had quite a bit of content this year already... so I guess I'm not really seeing what the issue is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Were people really expecting games that came out a month or two ago to be on sale?
    my friend expected civ6 to be 50% off.

i think he takes some serious drugs.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes because its the absolute standard for recently released titles to be discounted.

Plenty of companies didn't want to include certain titles they have for discounts but did for others.

this isn't anything new. it isnt anything big.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    "costumers"
    I cosplay with all of my heart and soul and I DESERVE COMPENSATION FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex09 View Post
    Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your point here but are we talking about the same World of Warcraft?

7.1 did happen didn't it? You know... that thing with the Kara revamp, Trial of Valor and that other stuff. I'm not just making that up right? I'm also pretty sure an expansion launch counts as content (even if you do have to pay for it). Seems to me we've had quite a bit of content this year already... so I guess I'm not really seeing what the issue is.
    I refer to the year before the release of Legion and the year you will have at the end of Legion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You understand that Black Friday isn't a discounting mandate, right?
    Very much this ^

I mean no offense, but who actually waits for sales for these games. It would be a nice gesture if they DID put them on sale, but I already own the games I want.
    Is some one here really thinking the initial price tag on these games is too much for games with thousands of hours of entertainment?

I bought a LOT of stuff on Black Friday, but video games are not things I expect to be on sale. The big times for sales is usually related to Steam or when they get very old.

edit- great example is your comments about WoW. Who the fuck would need Legion to be on sale? If you do, don't fucking buy it. Save the people who actually want to play it from more casuals who are going to come in and complain they don't like the game they just bought.
    Learn to spell check your rants as well, Christ. Makes you look like a child.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's weird how companies actually have the power to set the prices for their own products, isn't it, OP?

I mean, were you able to walk into a car dealership and buy a Ferrari for $100 this Black Friday?

Or maybe you decided to pay around $49.95 for a house. How dare the seller not discount his $800,00 house to that price for you.

Here's how it works: no one is under any obligation to offer discounted prices to you, just because it's Black Friday, or the Fourth of July, or Ascension Sunday. Sorry, champ, but that's the facts. The fact that you think they are speaks more to your failures than any perceived ones of theirs.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem here, except your complaint about not getting something cheaper. Black Friday itself, is a quite disgusting event, it isn't mandatory nor shouldn't be expected to see all stores/companies follow it. They did have their offers on, the same offers they have every Black Friday - except of course, new merchendise products. Else, nothing has been much different.

And you made your post invalid be throwing the "no content" card, when there's been and still are a lot of content.

But to the point, you are complaining that a company doesn't dump their prices so consumers can sate their greed by not having to pay the full price.

Black Friday is a disgusting event that has been created to feed and produce greed among people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..