Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This game looks out of 2005 to be honest.
    Agree. I like a good throwback, but....

Cohh Carnage got to play Pantheon with the devs today:

They have a really good concept artist, the in game art not so much.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Why does this game have animations like from 1999?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it is pre-alpha, and they even say multiple times that they are place holders.

This game shows a lot of promise I must say. A true RPG in MMO form, not just a gear farming simulator

7+ Year Old Account
    I can not wait for this game, I love playing a slower MMO along with a faster one with WoW.

What usually happen in such games:
    - people get bored with force grouping and resulting social tensions, and most people quit;
    - the rest, usually douchebags, have to come together to survive, turning the game into a closed system where no new players can survive;
    - the company sells it or just dies.

Sony had to cut their online games department after all their games went bad in similar matter.

About the video: it is a kotor-like graphics in some shitty Lineage catacombs. And they fight some shitty snake for 30 seconds straight. It's just not entertaining. Who would play that?
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-12-10 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    New streams were uploaded to official Pantheon channel on youtube:

It took 48 seconds for a group of 6 ppl to kill a single mob. Even Lineage 2 was more dynamic.

I had a slight interest, Until I learned its $15 a month.

Wish them the best but I'm good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I had a slight interest, Until I learned its $15 a month.

Wish them the best but I'm good.
    Yeah I think that's ballsy BUT... you have to think about their demo. Their target audience is 30-40 year olds who played old MMOs who are most likely pretty financially stable and willing to pay a premium for that nostalgia hit. Personally speaking, as someone who will buy a skin in Heroes of the Storm for $15, I'll gladly drop $15 just to explore a whole new MMO world for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah I think that's ballsy BUT... you have to think about their demo. Their target audience is 30-40 year olds who played old MMOs who are most likely pretty financially stable and willing to pay a premium for that nostalgia hit. Personally speaking, as someone who will buy a skin in Heroes of the Storm for $15, I'll gladly drop $15 just to explore a whole new MMO world for a month.
    Oh I know and I'm not knocking them for it. If they feel they can get enough people to pay $15 a month then by all means go ahead. Its just for me personally I can't see myself spending $15 a month on a game (MMO) anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It took 48 seconds for a group of 6 ppl to kill a single mob. Even Lineage 2 was more dynamic.
    I find it ludicrous that even a simple scorpion or bandit out in the world needs to be tanked/healed/DPSed by a group of 6. Makes the player characters look like the most pathetic weaklings ever.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Looks like an unfinished game straight out of 2007. Weird, stiff character models with 0 personality and no dynamic at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

I can't see this MMO being successful at all. Times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I can't see this MMO being successful at all. Times have changed.
    It's got a comparatively small budget and will likely have low operating costs due to the small team. It's not looking for big success, if nothing else McQuaid seems very aware that he's making Pantheon for a niche crowd and isn't trying to go big like he did with Vanguard (also because y'know, he doesn't have the funding : P)

Assuming it gets completed more or less as outlined so far, I can absolutely seeing it happily filling the "oldschool, group oriented MMO" niche that a lot of folks long for nowadays. Tons will try it and realize it's no longer for them, but there's definitely a market for a much more modern (visually and systems-wise) version of older MMO's a la EQ/AC etc.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah I think that's ballsy BUT... you have to think about their demo. Their target audience is 30-40 year olds who played old MMOs who are most likely pretty financially stable and willing to pay a premium for that nostalgia hit.
    Sadly nostalgia does not extend over graphics quality.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    am i missing something here ?

people in most of these 4 pages are complaining how sucky and bad graphics this game sports while its in pre-alpha version with placeholders filling everything from skills to animation to graphics ?

i just cant understand the mentality here hahahaha

so weird even when poeple try to compare it to finished products XD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Assuming it gets completed more or less as outlined so far, I can absolutely seeing it happily filling the "oldschool, group oriented MMO" niche that a lot of folks long for nowadays. Tons will try it and realize it's no longer for them, but there's definitely a market for a much more modern (visually and systems-wise) version of older MMO's a la EQ/AC etc.
    This. I've been playing on the EQ1 Phinegal progression server with friends for the past few months now. While its nice for nostalgia purposes, it most certainly shows its age in many situations where we wished they had the money to update things.

IE: For a game that features raiding heavily, the fact that the raid frames functionality was barely updated beyond ~2002/3 era really hurts. You can't see the health of players outside of your group without directly targeting them, even if they're in the same raid. And certain spells like summoning players or casting invisibility on them only work group-wide, not raid-wide as well.

So having an EQ-alike game with modern UI frames and mechanics, possibly extensible via addons like WoW, etc. would be a welcome addition. FF14 is about as close as it gets these days.