Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

youtube suddenly has unskippable 4 minute adverts?

As of today, I am getting these 2-4min adverts in front of every youtube video. They are unskippable.

Anyone else having this?

Have you tried updating Adblock?

Deleted
    Nope.

Adblock user btw.

Nope, but it has become increasinly annoying with their unskippable ads, although they last 4-7 seconds waiting 2 seconds to skip an ad is frustrating.

Deleted
    I dont like to adblock everything, just clickbait nonsense I sometimes click :/ I'll try updating it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know a good app to block ads on YouTube on mobile?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Anyone know a good app to block ads on YouTube on mobile?
    Adblock on Chrome.
    Download "Chrome". Download "Adblock".

Deleted
    I didnt see an update for adblock, but I installed adblock plus and that seemed to work.

If they kept the ads to 15-30ish seconds, I would not mind one bit. It is a company that needs to pay bills/make a profit. But I will continue to use uBlock because these companies don't realize to many of these ads are either;

1)Not targeted, I really don't want to see the majority of ads I see, because they mean nothing to me as a product.

2) Ads can be very intrusive, not just with pop ups or taking up to much room. Sometimes they play sound extremely loud, or just like some of the controversy of wowhead atm about eating up tons of bandwidth is an issue. In my opinion, when it comes to ads K.I.S.S. is best('keep it simple, stupid' for those that have never heard of that acronym).

3) Lastly and most likely the most important part, I will always run adblock/ublock varients, because they are possibly the best front line we as consumers have to protect ourselves from malicious ad agencies that let in ads that are filled with trojans/malware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    If they kept the ads to 15-30ish seconds, I would not mind one bit. It is a company that needs to pay bills/make a profit. But I will continue to use uBlock because these companies don't realize to many of these ads are either;

1)Not targeted, I really don't want to see the majority of ads I see, because they mean nothing to me as a product.

2) Ads can be very intrusive, not just with pop ups or taking up to much room. Sometimes they play sound extremely loud, or just like some of the controversy of wowhead atm about eating up tons of bandwidth is an issue. In my opinion, when it comes to ads K.I.S.S. is best('keep it simple, stupid' for those that have never heard of that acronym).

3) Lastly and most likely the most important part, I will always run adblock/ublock varients, because they are possibly the best front line we as consumers have to protect ourselves from malicious ad agencies that let in ads that are filled with trojans/malware.
    The reason I adblock by default (yes I know I am a terrible person) was these malware ads. After getting malware on my XP machine, I have adblocked ever since. better safe than sorry.

I really dont mind watching short ads on channels I like and watch often, but these 4 minute ones will get blocked forever if this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    The reason I adblock by default (yes I know I am a terrible person) was these malware ads. After getting malware on my XP machine, I have adblocked ever since. better safe than sorry.

I really dont mind watching short ads on channels I like and watch often, but these 4 minute ones will get blocked forever if this continues.
    Good man. The ad industry needs to die a slow and painful death. Or they can adjust and do non-invasive, decent and artful ads that people don't mind to see.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

There are no ads on the internet.

Unskippable on apple tv and smart tv. This is an obvious push for yt red
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    No ads for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Ads here, AdBlock 4 life!

10+ Year Old Account
    Advertising companies are like chuggers (uk term for charity vendors who chase you down for money), they come on mass, clogged the internet with their shit, all of them saying the same "WATCH OUR ADVERT ARE WE'RE PAY AS REV TO KEEP YOU GOING", yet you then can't even load the websites from how slow it runs.
    They don't work in moderation, so why should we abide by it?
    #boycottchina

Refresh the video if you get add thats insane.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock!

Dude, don't EVER think you are a bad person for using an add blocker. Anyone who tells you differently can feel free to go suck a bag of dicks.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    t is a company that needs to pay bills/make a profit.
    If they need to force advertisements down their users' throats in order to turn a profit, they're doing it wrong.

The reason I adblock by default (yes I know I am a terrible person) was these malware ads.
    Why would you be a "terrible person"? People seem to have forgotten that web sites depend on visitors. The company is not doing you a favor by having a web site, you're doing them a favor by visiting it. You are never a "terrible person" for blocking unwanted content on your computer.