Deleted

Current State of Survival Hunter

Survival suddenly went from the worst of the three specs to the most op and broken, any thoughts on it?

Quote Originally Posted by ValZwonzielous View Post
    Survival suddenly went from the worst of the three specs to the most op and broken, any thoughts on it?
    No, it didn't. I main hunter for 8 years now. Surv was, is and will be crap this xpac with how their crappy mastery works... Next question pls...

No one is ever going to bring a survival hunter for anything, regardless of their sim dps.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    No one is ever going to bring a survival hunter for anything, regardless of their sim dps.
    Pvp Forum...

good thing sim dps matters in pvp... which this thread was posted in the PVP forum... lol. Yes survival does suck in PVE but in pvp it literally is one of the strongest specs in the game. Good utility, good burst, good sustain. They really have gone from being worthless in both aspects of the game to one of the best in at least one aspect. I was playing my hunter with my dk friend with his 0 pvp talents 2nd dk alt and we were stomping on kids with it.

Edit: OP my honest thoughts are the spec is fun the damage and utility is great and it runs really well from my experience with Fdk, Warrior seems to be ok, Ret is really good with surv, i really want to try it with an enhance sham too. I'm sure it does well with a lot of classes due to how versatile the class honestly is.
    Last edited by Fheng; 2016-11-27 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValZwonzielous View Post
    my thoughts are: look at all these magic effects that aren't dispellable, oh lets throw in a 70% slow too

What could go wrong?

But , to be fair, if you've done arena above 2100 MMR you will know the abomination that is windwalker monk. A fucking 10 yard aoe stun that takes half your hp.

Don't get me started on discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Pvp Forum...
    My bad, forgot some people still do pvp in this game.

My bad, forgot some people still do pvp in this game.
    Ah yeah, I forgot Blizzcon had PvE players battling it out to win half a million dollars to see who kills the scripted NPC first. Surely PvP is simple and meaningless with no one playing compared to that.

OT Survival currently is insanely strong in 2s with a RDruid and a great but not OP class for 3s paired with a ret and a resto druid. But then it's more of an issue with rets imo which brings top notch utility and does one of the best damage even compared to low utility specs like Unholy, Arms etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find them too bad to deal with. Like above poster said, the Ret is the real monster here, not the Surv.

But since Paladins are one of the most played classes in the game, doubt Blizz will do anything since they don't want to drown in the tears of 20% of the playerbase that plays the class.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I love my camo popping smack feat which is my survival hunter. It's a solid spec that does indeed need a bit of tweaking but it does have its drawbacks. Once your defensive cool downs are popped (turtle and self heal) if you get cc'd your basically screwed.

Survival is how the spec should be though. High risk high reward. Makes me feel like I'm playing my DAOC hunter minus the bow and permastealth.

Ahhh my Mordred days of charming a mob and sitting in stealth to own n00bs ♡

I havent seen any PTR changes which would indicate survival being op and/or broken. Feel free to give source to that statement.

I abandoned my survival hunter when i read that all hunters will get traps. I was willing to sacrifice the range aspect for being the cc-master.

With that said. Survival hunter is extremely fun. Pretty dynamic class with alot of tools. You can remove 500 stacks of unstable affliction from yourself and teammates which means your healer wont have to worry about getting silenced. You can reduce a warriors burst by applying a 50% crit reduction. You can lower healing ALOT or you could simply silence polymorphs or cyclones if you are good at timing.

You have lots of tools and good damage. Survivability is extremely bad which is INSANELY ironic given that the spec is called survival.

If you are thinking about high end pvp then there are other classes that easily replaces a mediocre melee hunter.
    That means you have to be REALLY great at your spec to stand out. In the end its all about wheter you feel its worth doing 500% of the work
    another melee does for the same result. You could easily take a WW or a DK instead which are much easier to be successful with.

Hopes it helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by longal View Post
    No, it didn't. I main hunter for 8 years now. Surv was, is and will be crap this xpac with how their crappy mastery works... Next question pls...

Guess that doesn't stop you from being clueless about your own spec. As if mastery alone determines the validity of a spec in pvp rofl

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I havent seen any PTR changes which would indicate survival being op and/or broken. Feel free to give source to that statement.

I abandoned my survival hunter when i read that all hunters will get traps. I was willing to sacrifice the range aspect for being the cc-master.

With that said. Survival hunter is extremely fun. Pretty dynamic class with alot of tools. You can remove 500 stacks of unstable affliction from yourself and teammates which means your healer wont have to worry about getting silenced. You can reduce a warriors burst by applying a 50% crit reduction. You can lower healing ALOT or you could simply silence polymorphs or cyclones if you are good at timing.

You have lots of tools and good damage. Survivability is extremely bad which is INSANELY ironic given that the spec is called survival.

If you are thinking about high end pvp then there are other classes that easily replaces a mediocre melee hunter.
    That means you have to be REALLY great at your spec to stand out. In the end its all about wheter you feel its worth doing 500% of the work
    another melee does for the same result. You could easily take a WW or a DK instead which are much easier to be successful with.

Hopes it helps
    Right now survival/ret is one of the top comps. Survival isn't the only really squishy melee, it's called survival for being a survivalist. Something along the lines of bear grylls, pretty much just class fantasy. You have good utility/burst and sustained but your defenses are quite bad, but you can't expect to have it all

In my opinion survival in itself in like 1v1 situations isn't really op but combined with certain classes it becomes at least borderline OP(somewhere between very good and OP.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    Right now survival/ret is one of the top comps. Survival isn't the only really squishy melee, it's called survival for being a survivalist. Something along the lines of bear grylls, pretty much just class fantasy. You have good utility/burst and sustained but your defenses are quite bad, but you can't expect to have it all

In my opinion survival in itself in like 1v1 situations isn't really op but combined with certain classes it becomes at least borderline OP(somewhere between very good and OP.)
    Survival is very squishy, but has decent sustain and a bit of burst. The strength with ret pala / sv hunter is that sv has a truckload of slows/immobalize skills (rangers net cough cough) and the ret can add some protection to the sv hunter. SV can keep some pressure and mostly keep enemies close, so the ret can pop wings and go apeshit.