Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And he's going to die as a 100meter tall brute who relies on punching and shooting lasers and have seven health bars.

(probably)
    Not necessarily a bad thing if he does end up going that way. It's standard JRPG fare after all.

Deleted
    Well the combat this time seems to be something between god of war and dark souls so it might be better this time instead of what Type-0 did. Maybe you should play it, the final boss have 14 health bars.

And perhaps FFXV will become eerily close to metal gear solid just for Ardyns bossfight.

Well the combat this time seems to be something between god of war and dark souls so it might be better this time instead of what Type-0 did. Maybe you should play it, the final boss have 14 health bars.

And perhaps FFXV will become eerily close to metal gear solid just for Ardyns bossfight.
    Well I would compare it more to Kingdom Hearts although based on the Platinum demo it doesn't seem to be as fast.

30 hours in. HOLY SHIT! The villain in this game, one of the best fucking villains ever in Final fantasy franchise. Some of the dungeons are HUGE. Now excuse me while I go back to playing without sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    30 hours in. HOLY SHIT! The villain in this game, one of the best fucking villains ever in Final fantasy franchise. Some of the dungeons are HUGE. Now excuse me while I go back to playing without sleep.
    Good to hear. Knew the dungeons would be great.

My copy is on the truck today hopefully it arrives tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Want now

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    Good to hear. Knew the dungeons would be great.

My copy is on the truck today hopefully it arrives tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Want now
    Didn't think anyone made deliveries on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    im based in new zealand. monday the 28th here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Are you a time wizard?

Are you a time wizard?
    Some retailers sold the game early and ignored squares release date

Your order has been dispatched. YAY.

Carrier. Royal Mail. Well shit I ain't getting FF15 on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-27 at 06:46 PM.

Some retailers sold the game early and ignored squares release date
    Most of the copies out in the wild now where obtained illegally and sold on ebay. There was a few cases in some 3rd world countries of actual retailers selling the game early but that's pretty rare in the first world outside of knowing a mom and pop shop well. Most are just stolen copies being moved on ebay in mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Most of the copies out in the wild now where obtained illegally and sold on ebay. There was a few cases in some 3rd world countries of actual retailers selling the game early but that's pretty rare in the first world outside of knowing a mom and pop shop well. Most are just stolen copies being moved on ebay in mass.
    Yeah true. Was like Saudi Arab n shit where no one gives a fuck

I want this game to be great. Not good, but great..FF13 was such a crushing disappointment and I'm someone who LOVED FF12. I've avoided following this game, seems like its been in development forever.

Man, I wish Matsuno still worked at Square...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    France is a 3rd world country then.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    France is a 3rd world country then.
    So show me a major retailer selling the game early in france.

INB4 dude links a story about a mom & pop store selling it early or an online retailer shipping it out a little early. Which I already said can happen, it's just not the majority of the copies out in the wild right now.(which have an ESRB rating, not PEGI and where stolen from shipping partners)

At major retailers it's physically impossible to sell games early legally, due the computers in the store flat out not recognizing the game as purchasable until the street date.

Small stores or accidental early shipments happen all the time, middle east and south american retailers sell shit early all the time as well. Actual large quantities of stolen games flooding ebay is a rarity and is why Square is acting pretty salty about the situation and looking into legal action.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-11-27 at 10:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was at E3 when they originally showed off the PS3 and what has now become FFXV. Its been a long time coming and gone through a ton of changes. I think its been 10 years now since they originally talked about it as part of the FFXIII series (It was just a cinematic that called it something like Final Fantasy XIII Versus). I can't wait to play this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I was at E3 when they originally showed off the PS3 and what has now become FFXV. Its been a long time coming and gone through a ton of changes. I think its been 10 years now since they originally talked about it as part of the FFXIII series (It was just a cinematic that called it something like Final Fantasy XIII Versus). I can't wait to play this one.
    Yep the initial idea and theme of the game came from FFXIII, can even see the original artwork of Noctus and the King. However the 10years thing gets branded about and is incorrect. The game has not been in development that long. It was worked on by Tetsuya Nomura as lead while he was also working on Kingdom hearts 3. It wasnt untill they switched leads to Hajime Tabata that its development ramped up, and probably ideas and themes and a whole bunch about the game. Not sure the exact time he become new lead but it wasn't 10 years.

But yea, glad the wait is over
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-11-28 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Amazon do in the UK if you do the one day delivery option since it's their own personal courier and not shit like Royal Mail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep the initial idea and theme of the game came from FFXIII, can even see the original artwork of Noctus and the King. However the 10years thing gets branded about and is incorrect. The game has not been in development that long. It was worked on by Tetsuya Nomura as lead while he was also working on Kingdom hearts 3. It wasnt untill they switched leads to Hajime Tabata that its development ramped up, and probably ideas and themes and a whole bunch about the game. Not sure the exact time he become new lead but it wasn't 10 years.

But yea, glad the wait is over
    It was 10 years ago that they originally talked about it. It was before the release of the ps3. I even got to see the original batarang ps3 controllers (in 3 colors) that Sony were showing off that year. Square's booth had a theater where they showcased the 3 games that were all planned to be part of the ffxiii franchise. The versus one was just a cinematic. From what I remember, it was a male character brooding on a throne. He walked out the throne room and down some stairs to see an army of soldiers aiming weapons at him. When they fired, he was protected by weapons floating around him. Then they showed the logo. From what I remember, ffxiii actually did have gameplay shown and they had models at their booth of Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It was 10 years ago that they originally talked about it. It was before the release of the ps3. I even got to see the original batarang ps3 controllers (in 3 colors) that Sony were showing off that year. Square's booth had a theater where they showcased the 3 games that were all planned to be part of the ffxiii franchise. The versus one was just a cinematic. From what I remember, it was a male character brooding on a throne. He walked out the throne room and down some stairs to see an army of soldiers aiming weapons at him. When they fired, he was protected by weapons floating around him. Then they showed the logo. From what I remember, ffxiii actually did have gameplay shown and they had models at their booth of Lightning.
    The boomerang controllers where shown at e3 2005, XIII Versus at e3 2006. By time e3 2006 rolled around the ps3 still wasn't out but sony had already back tracked on that terrible controller design and where showing the sixaxis.

Your timeline doesn't add up.