Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I seem to remember hearing that ARs were the best at max level, but I'm not going to bother worrying about that while leveling. I'll be replacing gear too often and, besides, the best weapons I'll have probably won't be ARs. Good to know that there isn't any class of weapon that I should completely avoid.
    That kind of theorycrafting at endgame is HUGELY reliant on;

1> Tiny little statistical differences; one AR having a SLIGHTLY higher fire rate than another makes that other "useless" in their minds
    2> Having the right set bonuses for the gameplay style you're aiming at; some sets favor ARs, others favor LMGs, others marksman rifles. However you want to play, there's a set that'll cover you, basically. My gear's nowhere near max, but as a solo player, the Nomad set's pretty solid (no weapon specifics, gives you constant health regen and health-on-kill healing). I may only want the 3-set bonus, though; the 4th is a free revive every 4 minutes, and if I'm not playing stupidly, I shouldn't NEED it, so getting a set bonus that helps me NOT get downed seems more useful.

As for tactics, I sort of gathered as much. Attempting to do something a well geared Youtuber could do (burst down normal enemies outside cover) doesn't work too well with leveling gear. If I have to hump cover to regen health between shooting at enemies, then hump cover I shall!
    Youtubers are often in groups, too, so they have the benefit of hosing down dudes who are aiming at their buddies, not themselves.

No sale on season pass, pretty dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That kind of theorycrafting at endgame is HUGELY reliant on;

1> Tiny little statistical differences; one AR having a SLIGHTLY higher fire rate than another makes that other "useless" in their minds
    2> Having the right set bonuses for the gameplay style you're aiming at; some sets favor ARs, others favor LMGs, others marksman rifles. However you want to play, there's a set that'll cover you, basically. My gear's nowhere near max, but as a solo player, the Nomad set's pretty solid (no weapon specifics, gives you constant health regen and health-on-kill healing). I may only want the 3-set bonus, though; the 4th is a free revive every 4 minutes, and if I'm not playing stupidly, I shouldn't NEED it, so getting a set bonus that helps me NOT get downed seems more useful.
    Sounds very similar to WoW in that respect. There are "best" talents, gear, legendaries, etc, but unless you're playing at the top level, it's not nearly as important as people make it out to be. I've been an LFR hero and Mythic raider, so I understand the mentality from both viewpoints. I'll worry about that crossroad when / if I get there. No sense spoiling the leveling experience for it.

Youtubers are often in groups, too, so they have the benefit of hosing down dudes who are aiming at their buddies, not themselves.
    True, but I was thinking specifically of some videos of solo play. (The "What's new with The Division" commentary with some gameplay in the background.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It's half off on Steam, at least. Not sure if it can be used on non-Steam accounts, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    The game still looks great on a 680 - I played it from beta through release, and performance was acceptable if not impressive.

Sitting here waiting for my neighbour to get back so I can get my 1070, though!
    Man, if it looks this good on a 680, it must be just breathtaking on a 1070.

It's half off on uplay....dont know what you're seeing...

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Man, if it looks this good on a 680, it must be just breathtaking on a 1070.
    I'll let ya know
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Did some Incursions today, I'm happy about the fact that getting one shotted and cheesing isn't a thing or necessary anymore, but that shit is still unplayable and not fun at all. Clear Sky bugged out 2 out of 3 times. Overall it's horribly designed and just not fun, but for the battery to just disappear if you pick it up with a ballistic-shield while getting shot at or something... come on, that's a classic Massive.

Dragon's Nest wasn't as bugged but still fucking awful. So - much - downtime and pointless waiting. Horrible, really horrible. The game is better off if they just delete that content. If I had to include these in a game-ranking, I'd give it 2 out of 10 points less just because they exist in their current state.

Overall, the game is still the most bug infested title I've played in years. Un-fucking-believable that it was even worse in 1.0 to 1.3 (or whenever Underground got released).
    They even introduced new ones, like Barrett teleporting to her balcony again in Lexington and the only reason why that is not gamebreaking is because you can loot the stuff she drops through a wall somewhere near the start of the instance.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-26 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It's half off on uplay....dont know what you're seeing...
    thats only for pc, its not on sale for console. ANd i didnt get it for pc due to the clusterfuck of having to have uplay and steam to play the fucking game. And again sorry but 20$ is still to much, for a company that fucking fumbled the launch of this game worse than the seahawks last play at thier last super bowl they sure are trying to still collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You didn't have to have uplay and steam to play the fucking game. Just uplay.
    well it worked fine on xbox, but regardless 20$ for the season pass is far to much for someone that allready payed 60$ on launch

well it worked fine on xbox, but regardless 20$ for the season pass is far to much for someone that allready payed 60$ on launch
    I mean, from what ive heard with the fixes and underground it seems worth it...survival seems like a short lived gimmick...and we really have no information on the next dlc. I guess that's what is leaving me kind of like...well...should I get it or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't get it?

You keep complaining over and over about how this game isn't worth your money and even 50% off isn't worth it to you. If its not worth it then why keep coming back over and over to say that? Just go play something else then.

your never going to get it cheaper than that, the content along will give you another 30-40 hours playtime before you have achieved the max in the underground, done all the incursions on at least challenging and achieved master in survival, and if your still having fun playing it you will get even more out of it.

If you think its not worth it then its best to just give up on the game completely unless you want to roam the DZ or do HVTs/missions as your only real content.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    your never going to get it cheaper than that, the content along will give you another 30-40 hours playtime before you have achieved the max in the underground, done all the incursions on at least challenging and achieved master in survival, and if your still having fun playing it you will get even more out of it.

If you think its not worth it then its best to just give up on the game completely unless you want to roam the DZ or do HVTs/missions as your only real content.
    Ill wait, battlefront did the game and season pass for 20$ total. Im suprised the division didnt. My main reason for being upset is they had the foundation for a great game, they just severly fucked its management for the first 6-8 months of its life, only getting thier shit together in the most recent months. There are to many other good games out right now to justify spending that on the season pass of a developer that takes so long to do shit that should have been done from the begining. If massive is sorting thier shit out now thats nice, but they severly fucked thier player population and players trust in thier ability from the start, they need to do alot more to rebuild that trust.

Ill wait, battlefront did the game and season pass for 20$ total. Im suprised the division didnt. My main reason for being upset is they had the foundation for a great game, they just severly fucked its management for the first 6-8 months of its life, only getting thier shit together in the most recent months. There are to many other good games out right now to justify spending that on the season pass of a developer that takes so long to do shit that should have been done from the begining. If massive is sorting thier shit out now thats nice, but they severly fucked thier player population and players trust in thier ability from the start, they need to do alot more to rebuild that trust.
    i played alot at the start around 110 hours then quit for a while played a little in 1.3 then waited till 1.4 for the new loot/difficulty system and its developed lots since the start, it used to be hard to get gear and now your flooded with it, in some ways that may be bad but at least now you can play with other builds/sets and in survival you don't need to worry about loot apart from the stuff you equip while your doing it.

At the beginning only way to gear up was to go in the DZ, currently if you go in there most of the time you run into death squads so its not effective for loot these days, underground is one of the fastest ways to gear up.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    they need to do alot more to rebuild that trust.
    Like... Charging $10 buck for the season pass? Is that what would get you back in the game?
    Only to find out Underground is something you rather not do since gearing otherwise is a lot faster and that Survival is just a game mode within the game that looses it's novelty after the 5th clear?

Play the game for what it is now. 1.4/5 fixed a lot of stuff. The Season Pass will absolutely not elevate the game to new highs, not in the slightest. 1.4 is your ticket back in, else just let it go and move on.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Was thinking about picking this up, is the season pass worth it or not?

Deleted
    So far, only Underground is worth it - because it looks cool, and it's a pretty good way to gear up. It's similar to "d3 greater rifts".

Survival is meh, as it's annoying to start over and over and over again and the interesting part is the 10-15 min at the end and the very end when the hunters appear.
    But the mode can last up to 1h or more depending on how you play.

Watching this atm myself so no opinion yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Survival is meh, as it's annoying to start over and over and over again and the interesting part is the 10-15 min at the end and the very end when the hunters appear.
    But the mode can last up to 1h or more depending on how you play.
    Eh, I disagree. I've been playing nothing but survival since it came out. I think I like TotalBiscuit's take; it's like condensing the 1-30 story experience down into an hour's game time. Honestly, if they released a non-time-limited version of Survival, with the weather and the cold and hunger/thirst, just no disease vector (or have it be possible to GET diseased, but also possible to get cures, the same way you get antivirals in the current mode), I'd play the hell out of that, too. As a replacement for the current world setting, I mean.

Deleted
    I guess I have to mention that I was never a fan of Survival games.

It's tedious and maintaining hunger/thirst/warmth and running around 80% of the time and fighting 20% is just stupid as fuck to me. I guess if someone is digging these kind of games, it's a different story.

Never felt any kind of struggle, fear or discomfort until I reached the Darkzone however... and what's the point then. I guess the best part of Survival is the PvP mode and that everyone has crap-level gear and skills in it. Basically pre lvl 30 PvP, which was cool.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-28 at 06:28 PM.

Eh, I disagree. I've been playing nothing but survival since it came out. I think I like TotalBiscuit's take; it's like condensing the 1-30 story experience down into an hour's game time. Honestly, if they released a non-time-limited version of Survival, with the weather and the cold and hunger/thirst, just no disease vector (or have it be possible to GET diseased, but also possible to get cures, the same way you get antivirals in the current mode), I'd play the hell out of that, too. As a replacement for the current world setting, I mean.
    I agree, I may pick up a cheap used copy next month and give this mode a go, Since I already own the season pass.

IMO they should just release this standalone and go the cosmetic reward route like H1Z1 did.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD