Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    It's a good job that Jock Stein is already dead or he would be shitting himself right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Celtic Boys Club still fiddles little boys.....
    Found the flute-enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38103811

For those unaware a recent child abuse scandal has emerged this time regarding a coach (and possible others) raping children training to be footballers
    So... could this explain why England is shite at tourneys?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Found the flute-enthusiasts.
    WATP.

/10cars

10+ Year Old Account
    Its actually pretty disgusting how most people here Joke about it. Those guys are marked for whole their lives.

So the feminists rambling Bullshit actually wins? Noone gives a dann about raped Boys? they even get mocked for it. This is prove that our society Spirale downwards and I am quite sad all of you are the future and are allowed to produce offsprings.

Rape is rape no matter who or what the victim is. And to spell it out for you all :rape = bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Perhaps afraid of stigma?
    Yes, definitely and the paedophile in question was well a respected coach in the sport. Crewe Alexandra, the team they were on, is (somewhat ironically) well known for developing youth players.

Is the youth football program really competitive to get into?
    Yes and no. If they were good enough to get picked up by Crewe in the first place, then chances are they could get picked up by another club. That said, youth football even at that level is tough to get in to, the competition is fierce, football is our national sport and pretty much everyone plays it at school.

Plus these were prepubescent boys, they may not have known that if they left Crewe then they had a decent chance of getting in somewhere else and there are no guarantees they would have got in elsewhere.

They had a man, who was probably the most experienced and connected person in football they'd ever met at that time in their lives, telling them that he was their route to professional football and they'd be kicked out of the system if they complained, they likely wouldn't know any better. His is a typical abuse of power scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    @Crissi how is claiming that someone not convicted, or even charged, is a paedophile not infracted?
    Espe is a leftie he wont ever get infracted for anything, the shit ive seen Espe and Dugraka write over the years would get other people banned for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Soccer is a rough sport.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Can we not make this a retarded gender issue
    As long as it's 2016, no we cannot. Maybe 2017 will provide change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Several times in the article victims state that the coach threatened to keep them off the team. I'm pretty sure they all felt that what was going on was wrong, because they grew up in that culture. I'm sure stigma played a significant role too.

One thing that I found interesting was this bit:

"I had problems with relationships because I've always thought, 'Am I gay?'" he said. "What's happened to us has made us feel like that - it's not right."

I've seen this pop up several times and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Victims of homosexual abuse will often seek out homosexual relationships as they grow older; I think this has interesting ramifications for the discussion on homosexuality as an identity, and moreso a natural identity. On the other hand, when people feel homosexual urges they self-categorize into the binary that's been set up by our culture.

I think there are a lot of fucked up things going on here, and sexual abuse under duress barely scratches the surface.
    Regarding the homosexual thing I think that's only really natural, society tends to tar people that engaged in homosexual acts be it consensual or not as gay. It's unfortunately common where male rape victims get bullied and called gay, even potential female partners upon finding out. The issue with rape especially male rape is it fucks your head up and unless you get support it just festers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomshine View Post
    Sounds like someone who doesn't see the big picture of today's world. Yes, I agree not everyone has a perfect childhood but when you compare with the kids in Syria, the gravity of these guys experience is very minimal. Do you see Syrian kids begging on their knees in front of reporters asking for help? People may lose their jobs, benefits, housing or relationships due to factors that they cannot control, do you see them going on BBC crying over how useless Jeremy Corbin is?

It's cruel reality and I am sad to say these guys have to either be strong and get over it or just simply leave the process.
    "Starving kids in Syria, therefore pedophilia in the west is fine"

Thank you for this gem. I think I've had enough MMOC for the day.

Sounds like someone who doesn't see the big picture of today's world. Yes, I agree not everyone has a perfect childhood but when you compare with the kids in Syria, the gravity of these guys experience is very minimal. Do you see Syrian kids begging on their knees in front of reporters asking for help? People may lose their jobs, benefits, housing or relationships due to factors that they cannot control, do you see them going on BBC crying over how useless Jeremy Corbin is?
    It's cruel reality and I am sad to say these guys have to either be strong and get over it or just simply leave the process.
    Based on that logic it's ok to rape and kill you and spare your family because the Nazis killed entire families during World War 2 in death camps. Your logic means if you find something worse than everything that is not that level of horrible is just fine. DO YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE? Have you never felt emphaty? What kind of monster tries to find excuses for raping children?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Wonder if you'd say the same thing if it were a woman that was raped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Wonder if you'd say the same thing if it were a woman that was raped.
    Oh if it was himself

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Espe is a leftie he wont ever get infracted for anything, the shit ive seen Espe and Dugraka write over the years would get other people banned for months.
    the mod favoritism for Espe is real

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is especially sad, although the "up to 100 times" bit makes me wonder why the victims never chose to say anything? Perhaps they did and they weren't believed or feared punishment/retaliation, although at least one victim said that he told no one (according to the article). Perhaps afraid of stigma? Is the youth football program really competitive to get into? Not trying to victim blame, just trying to figure out why no one spoke up after such a prolonged period of molestation.

Sad how perpetrators prey on victims, they must have been groomed.
    Maybe all the victims thought they were alone? Or they were threatened to being discharged from the team? Maybe they did tell someone, like a parent, but no one believed them. It's not "just" a rape in a park, but he (the victim) would accuse not just a man but also an institution. Even worse if people are regarding the rapist as some sort of hero, like Jimmy Saville. In that case, victims only came forth after his death because who could believe a man raising £40M is a rapist? (if it makes anyone feel "better", he raped both genders)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    So, they got the brazil team members talk after the 7-1?

I may sound a bit cold but seriously the society is falling apart and there are much bigger issues than kids getting ass-fucked by some random guy. Enough actions have already been taken by the police and the football clubs, and The person has already served his sentence and what do you want to do now? Hang him? Castrate him?

To be honest, parents should have done a better job to protect their kids and these guys coming out now crying on national television that you got violated whilst you are sleeping over in the coach's house (which I will never permit my kids to do) is not going to win any sympathy from me.

Also, this piece of garbage shows on BBC everyday and I am getting sick of watching it every time I turn on the TV.
    Basically, victims should be denied justice and anyone who aided and abetted Bennell should just be allowed to get away with it because you're sick of watching it on the TV.

That's a pretty fucked up opinion, even for Gen OT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Spoken like someone who's never been abused in any way. Not all of us had protected childhoods where it was all rainbows and unicorns. Some of us had horrible childhoods no matter how much the parents tried to shelter us from it.
    Someone sounds butt hurt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Penn State only got a slap on the wrist, and Paterno got off scot-free. Trump admits to sexually assaulting young girls / women and no one bats an eyelash.

I guess nobody cares and we should all just get used to it.
    The person committing rape at Penn State is in prison right now. Paterno reported the rapist's abuse to officials who ignored him until the shit hit the fan. No one ever claimed Paterno, in any investigation, had done anything illegal with children. Not sure why you tried to make it seem like he was a pedo "just like Trump" (your words, not mine). It's always nice to see random forum trolls make baseless accusations without having to pay for it legally. Wish Paterno's family could sue people like you for the dumb shit you say. One could only dream!

Deleted
    Can we keep Trump away please