Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dimensional Rift and opener as Destro

Hey,

is Dimensional Rift affected by haste?
    And how do you open a bossfight as Troll Destro Warlock?

Greetings
    Last edited by Mbobo; 2016-11-25 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Pre-pot, precast incinerate, conflag, cb, incin incin pop swifty, use 1-2 portals depends if u have trait=still fighting with tanks on st dps lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    Pre-pot, precast incinerate, conflag, cb, incin incin pop swifty, use 1-2 portals depends if u have trait=still fighting with tanks on st dps lol
    I thought it was:

1. pre-pot
    2. precast incinerate
    3. Immolate
    4. conflag
    5.Chaos Bolt
    6. 2x portal
    7. Incinerate
    8. CB

You maaaaaay want to immolate. I prefer to get at least one charge of my portals off early on. I usually go Pre-pot -> pre-cast incin -> immolate -> DG/Infernal (Depending on lust) -> Portal -> Conflag -> rest of rotation. Obviously as a troll, you'd toss berserking in there, but as I play alliance I've never put any thought into where best to use it. I would assume before your first immolate.

Why open with incinerate? I always do pre pot, CB, immolate, double rift, then the rest is down to talents/shard procs/lust. I like to sit on one rift so i can use it for movement, but i always make sure i use all of them before my pot/lust is over. I would personally use troll racial right after immolate, since immolate no longer snapshots so its more efficient to apply it before you buff up so you dont waste the 1 second cast time while buffed.

Deleted
    I have the legendary belt so this might be why but I never open with incinerate simply because there is a big chance I'll overcap on shards. Also, I think it is far more worth to get conflag off early to get the CD going than popping your portals given that you'll only do at most 2 incinerates (extremely small chance to get another rift) before you do your first 2 portals.

This is with BL being popped in the start and running service + backdraft for single target.

Pre-pot -> Chaos bolt -> immolate - > Conflag -> 2x incinerate + 1 CB (unless lucky with shards) -> service imp -> summon infernal -> 1x / 2x rifts (depending on haste, don't want to overcap conflag) -> conflag and start normal rotation
    Last edited by mmoc179aadc582; 2016-11-25 at 11:46 PM.

still fighting with tanks on st dps lol
    I generally burst 700-800k on pull. Get the Demo bracers and you'll do much better.

My rotation usually goes (assuming Lust on pull) Pre-pot, Incin, Incin, Immolate, Conflag, Chaos Bolt, Infernal, Portal x3, Chaos Bolt, resume normal rotation.

You want to use all three portals while you have bloodlust up. Portals are affected by haste.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    I thought it was:

1. pre-pot
    2. precast incinerate
    3. Immolate
    4. conflag
    5.Chaos Bolt
    6. 2x portal
    7. Incinerate
    8. CB
    Oh yeah fucking forgot immolate my vad lol ;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    I generally burst 700-800k on pull. Get the Demo bracers and you'll do much better.

My rotation usually goes (assuming Lust on pull) Pre-pot, Incin, Incin, Immolate, Conflag, Chaos Bolt, Infernal, Portal x3, Chaos Bolt, resume normal rotation.
    It's not the burst thats bad, its the overall dps on a ST fight with destruction that is terrible. I can burst for 900k with lust no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalxxpanda View Post
    Why open with incinerate?
    If you stand at max distance, you can pre-cast incinerate and pre-cast immolate while the fire is travelling to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    I thought it was:

1. pre-pot
    2. precast incinerate
    3. Immolate
    4. conflag
    5.Chaos Bolt
    6. 2x portal
    7. Incinerate
    8. CB
    If you use BD you`ll be losing dps using conflag > chaos bolt > portal, you`ll waste 2 backdraft casts.

Incinerate > immo > doom/infernal > 1x dimensional >conflag > cb > inc > inc > 1~2 dimensional ( Depending if you proced your trait or if you'll need/can be forced to move soon )

- - - Updated - - -

destro has okish burst, what destro lacks is sustained st dps.

Deleted
    my rotation is:

1. Pre pot
    2. Pre cast incinerate
    3. Pre cast another incinerate
    4. Pre cast immolate
    5. Conflagrate
    6. Another conflagrate
    7. Grimoire imp (if specced)
    8. Summon infernal
    9. Dimensional rift x3
    10. Chaos bolt

10+ Year Old Account
    As it is rarely said... Incinerate can be cast twice before the pre-cast Immolate, without pulling early. Everyone else seems to cast once, but for me, I always cast twice and I never pull before the end of the countdown.

This is how I pull:
    Incinerate (at ~3.8 seconds)
    Incinerate
    Immolate
    Havoc (If cleave, then switch and Immolate second target)
    Summon Infernal (if Bloodlust [especially if using the demo bracers])
    Summon Doomguard (no Bloodlust)
    Orc/Troll racial
    Dimensional Rift x2
    Conflagrate
    Chaos Bolt
    Incinerate
    Chaos Bolt

To be honest I'm not entirely sure if it's perfect, but it's serving me very well so far and makes sense.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenwonder View Post
    my rotation is:

1. Pre pot
    2. Pre cast incinerate
    3. Pre cast another incinerate
    4. Pre cast immolate
    5. Conflagrate
    6. Another conflagrate
    7. Grimoire imp (if specced)
    8. Summon infernal
    9. Dimensional rift x3
    10. Chaos bolt
    I don't think pre cast means what you think it means

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Unless it's been updated recently, in WoD you could pre-cast 2 incinerates from max-distance starting at ~5 seconds on timer because of how slow the travel time on it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    There's nothing wrong with precasting incinerate twice and immolate once. You can get all 3 precasts off as he suggests. It's all about timing and distance.

What I do, it's:
    Pre pot
    Precast incinerate
    Inmolate
    Conflagrate
    CB
    Doomguard/infernal
    2rifts
    Conflagrate
    CB
    incinerate
    Incinerate/CB

If you use the first conflagrate before popping rifts and doomguard, for the time you use the 2nd charge, the first one it will be (almost) up again.

I think people are missing some information here.

If you're specced into Roaring Blaze, your rotation will differ from that of Backdraft.

If you're specced into BD, you cannot waste time dropping Dimensional Rifts while BD is falling off. As soon as you Conflag you need to make use of that time and throw your 2 CB's or 3 Incinerates while you have the buff up. Throwing down Dimensional Rifts during that small window would logically be a loss of dps.

If your specced into RB, the rotation would be as follows:

While Eradication is up, drop your DR's.

So the rotation for me would be:

Pre-cast Incinerate
    Immolate
    Immolate (to extend the DoT timer)
    Conflag
    Conflag (for the RB buff)
    Summon Imp (Grimoire of Service)
    Summon Doomguard/Infernal
    Chaos Bolt (for Eradication)
    2/3 Dimensional Rifts (depending on your movement)
    By this time your 1x Charge of Conflag should be coming off cooldown, drop it again into the Immolate for max dps
    Fill with Incinerates
    Renew Immolate
    Conflag
    Conflag
    Rinse and repeat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ziadio View Post

So the rotation for me would be:

Pre-cast Incinerate
    Immolate
    Immolate (to extend the DoT timer)
    Conflag
    Conflag (for the RB buff)
    Summon Imp (Grimoire of Service)
    Summon Doomguard/Infernal
    Chaos Bolt (for Eradication)
    2/3 Dimensional Rifts (depending on your movement)
    By this time your 1x Charge of Conflag should be coming off cooldown, drop it again into the Immolate for max dps
    Fill with Incinerates
    Renew Immolate
    Conflag
    Conflag
    Rinse and repeat
    Why wouldnt you start with precasting chaos bolt? Not only you miss so much eradication uptime on buffed immolate but you also risk to waste shards if you just get 1 shard before the Grimoire imp. Also if you have the belt you will overcap shards like that 99% of the time.

Also at the end of your rotation you cant buff with conflag the second immolate twice. You should do one buffed immolate (3 times)--> one unbuffed immolate (while you w8 for 2 charges of congflag---> Then refresh immolate to pandemic when charges are up and buff again 3 times.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-11-28 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Why wouldnt you start with precasting chaos bolt? Not only you miss so much eradication uptime on buffed immolate but you also risk to waste shards if you just get 1 shard before the Grimoire imp. Also if you have the belt you will overcap shards like that 99% of the time.

Also at the end of your rotation you cant buff with conflag the second immolate twice. You should do one buffed immolate (3 times)--> one unbuffed immolate (while you w8 for 2 charges of congflag---> Then refresh immolate to pandemic when charges are up and buff again 3 times.
    What I was saying is that if you dump that off-cooldown Conflag into the remaining initial immolate, that would make RB stack 3 times on 1 Immolate, which is what I think you were saying here.