Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

will they ever scale 1-100 zones to players?

I love how every zone in this expansion scales to the player but wish they would do the same for all the older zones. The game world is just so large you end up missing a lot of content simply because with Heirlooms and guild bonuses you out level zones so damn fast. Having to go back and quest through grey zones that give no exp kinda defeats the purpose of the game, which is to progress to the current max level. Im pretty sure other MMOs actually do this(FF14, SW:ToR, GW) so its not like it hasnt been done. Have they even hinted at something like this during a previous Blizzcon or just a random Blue Tweet/Post?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I love how every zone in this expansion scales to the player but wish they would do the same for all the older zones. The game world is just so large you end up missing a lot of content simply because with Heirlooms and guild bonuses you out level zones so damn fast. Having to go back and quest through grey zones that give no exp kinda defeats the purpose of the game, which is to progress to the current max level. Im pretty sure other MMOs actually do this(FF14, SW:ToR, GW) so its not like it hasnt been done. Have they even hinted at something like this during a previous Blizzcon or just a random Blue Tweet/Post?

I enjoyed the scaling tech to a point but I think the story suffered by being very disjointed and didn't flow very well zone to zone. I prefer a linear zone scaling but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I enjoyed the scaling tech to a point but I think the story suffered by being very disjointed and didn't flow very well zone to zone. I prefer a linear zone scaling but thats just me.
    i dont understand. i mean what is the difference if you do a quest at level 101 or at level 108?

i hope they eventually do it so i can fully complete every single zone without greying it out.

i'd level up a new character if i could do that.

I dont believe they will. Simply due to the fact of early in the expansion feedback of people not overly enjoying the lack of power progression i.e you cant outlvl content, all you can do is *eventually* outgear it (sort of).

This attitude may have changed since the first 2 months of the xpac, but then, the threads on things kinda die fast these days and legiondaries very rapidly became the rage issue du jour.

i dont understand. i mean what is the difference if you do a quest at level 101 or at level 108?
    They mean that the stories of each zone had to be designed such that they could be done in any order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I dont believe they will. Simply due to the fact of early in the expansion feedback of people not overly enjoying the lack of power progression i.e you cant outlvl content, all you can do is *eventually* outgear it (sort of).

This attitude may have changed since the first 2 months of the xpac, but then, the threads on things kinda die fast these days and legiondaries very rapidly became the rage issue du jour.
    I actually saw very little of this save for before the expansion's launch.

Its the way the arcing story flowed from zone to zone and that every zone felt self contained and I liked the feeling of over powering mobs in the early zones when I ding max level, its takes a bit longer to overpower them now. Just a nice feeling of power scaling.

Really hope they do. Have every zone scale starting at the point where you can currently access them -- so Westfall at level 10, Hellfire at level 58, Storm Peaks at level 77, and so on. This way you won't have level 1 players leaping into any ol content, but you will be able to level characters from start to cap in completely different routes - skipping over full expansions, if it's your wish. If this kind of scaling were theoretically added tomorrow, I'd have them stop scaling at level 100, and just sit as level 100 content for you to go back and do at any time, so that players would still be hurried into Legion content once they hit WoD level cap; But then in the 8.0 pre-patch, I'd lift that too, letting people level to 110 without touching Legion, since by that point we'll likely be sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I get that, but do you enjoy doing 5 quests with heirloom and then outlevel the zone?
    Obviously exaggerated but you get the point.

Just NO! If people want to flip a switch, sure why not.

The feeling of progression and character power needs to be something that exists, otherwise what is the point of levels?

I don't like that all the zones scale in Legion. I actually hate it. I am counting down the days until flying so I can bypass most of the shit that has just become a barrier to fun.

so its another round of make leveling even more pointless and less meaningful?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I don't think it'd work very well opening every zone to be done at every level, but maybe have each zone scale for a range of, say, 20 levels from its respective start level. So all of the starter zones would reward level appropriate exp from 1 to 20, zones that start at 10 can be used up to 30 and so on. I'd allow you a bit more choice on where to go, and keep a zone relevant still if you come to it a little bit later, but wouldn't hurt the overall feel of progression too much in the long haul.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, I would love to level with full heirloom/Exp but in Areas I actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I get that, but do you enjoy doing 5 quests with heirloom and then outlevel the zone?
    Obviously exaggerated but you get the point.
    I've never understood the problem with that if you enjoy the storyline of the zone you can stay and finish it even if your getting little to no exp if not you can move on. It's like people require Blizzard to force the players to do what the players really want.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    They mean that the stories of each zone had to be designed such that they could be done in any order.
    OK I see your point now. But older zones didnt have much of a plot line. That didnt really start until Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    so its another round of make leveling even more pointless and less meaningful?
    whats your reasoning behind this statement. I think it actually does the opposite and makes leveling more meaningful. If people had more options regarding where to level maybe they dont buy that level 100 token. But then again Blizzard might also realize this and its why it will never happen. I know for a fact I wouldnt have bought my 100 tokens if I could have leveled up in zones I have hardly seen.

whats your reasoning behind this statement. I think it actually does the opposite and makes leveling more meaningful. If people had more options regarding where to level maybe they dont buy that level 100 token. But then again Blizzard might also realize this and its why it will never happen. I know for a fact I wouldnt have bought my 100 tokens if I could have leveled up in zones I have hardly seen.
    some people enjoy going back after the out level something and destroy the annoying thing that killed them when they were lower level.
    Example the Fel reaver, after it ninja killing people, some people go back and kill it once they are high enough.

scaling pushes the focus more on gear and less on levels.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Zones were mostly self contained and could (storywise) have been played in any order even before Legion, so i'm not quite sure how that is relevant. There wasn't much of an actual change there.

I would be inclined to level more alts if they added it. I don't think I could stomach dungeon spamming again, and hopping from zone to zone simply b/c the quests greyed out gets pretty old as well.

I think they'll rebalance our levels next expansion so the max is 60 again, and they'll add the level scaling for the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    I think they'll rebalance our levels next expansion so the max is 60 again, and they'll add the level scaling for the entire world.
    keep dreaming. that would cause a bigger shit storm than ability pruning and stat squish combined.