Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Let's be real here guys. Muslims or at least muslim immigrants have a problem. Out of all the minorities they are the only ones quite literaly unable to integrate in our society.
    First its not really relevant to this thread, as Abdurraheem Green was only not born in the UK due to his father's occupation and secondly, it is not true of all Muslims.

I have said this plenty of times, Turks and Turkish Cypriots in London integrated, they wanted to, they made the effort to and they had barely any help doing so. Lots of Muslims want to integrate and do, but sadly lots don't and end up forming communities which make it harder for people in those communities to integrate even if they want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Conservatives really denied a platform but terrorists are given a free pass.

Fuck universities and the wankers that run them.
    Welcome to 2016, this happens all the time here in EU. If it didn't, it would be called racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    First its not really relevant to this thread, as Abdurraheem Green was only not born in the UK due to his father's occupation and secondly, it is not true of all Muslims.

I have said this plenty of times, Turks and Turkish Cypriots in London integrated, they wanted to, they made the effort to and they had barely any help doing so. Lots of Muslims want to integrate and do, but sadly lots don't and end up forming communities which make it harder for people in those communities to integrate even if they want to.
    This boring bla bla about "it's not all, it's just tiny portion" is a lie. Take here one example, there was poll in the US for muslims if they did or did not want sharia law to be dominant, and 45% or was it 55% voted yes. so basically half the muslims are dangerous, at least. Not to mention this only gets worse and worse when you go to middle-east, since they only live for this crap there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, he spoke shit and then flip-flopped on it.
    If that is good enough to become president it's good enough to speak somewhere.

Aren't you normally fighting for freedom of speech?

He's not trying to normalize it.
    He's trying to defend the meaning it originally had before right-wing extremists ruined it.
    Swastika is an ancient symbol with strong religious meanings.....

Hitler popularizes the symbol with his horrible shit.

So now we should assume whe we see a swastika that it is certainly used in the ancient sense right? Im sure that skinhead with a swastika on his neck is a super religious guy right...thats all...

Dont be willingly naive....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

This guy isn't running for president.
    He has to speak in his own country after some people invited him to it.
    That really doesn't change the hypocrisy of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibang View Post
    This boring bla bla about "it's not all, it's just tiny portion" is a lie. Take here one example, there was poll in the US for muslims if they did or did not want sharia law to be dominant, and 45% or was it 55% voted yes. so basically half the muslims are dangerous, at least. Not to mention this only gets worse and worse when you go to middle-east, since they only live for this crap there.
    Where did I say a 'tiny proportion'? I said 'lots don't' want to integrate, 'lots' is not usually a synonym of 'tiny'.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Conservatives really denied a platform but terrorists are given a free pass.

Fuck universities and the wankers that run them.
    exactly, not just conservatives.. if it was a Christian, they'd deny or try, complain, object.. u name it, and they wonder why the minds of our generator are so rotten - if it's controversial and sensational, some of these goons are all too quick to give them a platform - in the name of intellectual curiosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks don't wear swastika's in their neck.

And even if they did it would depend.
    Is he wearing a bomber jacket with the national flag while raising his right arm or is he praying in orange robes?
    Oooh wait are you suggesting i should make assumtions based on context?

Sounds like a grear idea.

The guy is echoing the same things said by many many islamist extremists around the world.

The guy admits he cant be entirely honest in his.views becuase they are illegal.

The guy openly calls for the ruination of the west?

The guy is an apologist for barbaric violence against any non muslims and women!

So what wqs this context tou wanted me to see that would seem to suggest he is anything other then the obvious thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Do you really expect Endus to realize this? He's a know it all who can't even begin to fathom being wrong.
    Honestly i don't know what to expect, Endus is not stupid, but he has MASSIVE political bias, which to be fair, is a trait most humans have. All i can see in his argument here is an attempt to justify this guys violent ramblings under freedom of speech as those who claim saying racist things is freedom of speech..sort of a here is your hypocrisy line. I just think this time his mental gymnastics lead him right back to the point of the person he was arguing with.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    He's right about one thing, this world is a prison, but not in the way he means. As long as we're confined to the Planet Earth, any one catastrophic event can completely wipe our species from the face of existence. Spreading out to other planets, the asteroid belts, moons, and space stations can help avoid that.

And I honestly think the idea that, everything we do in life is pointless compared to a potential afterlife, is extremely shallow thinking. It's basically saying every accomplishment we've made, every achievement humanity has earned, was absolutely for naught. I don't agree with that, and will never agree with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Honestly i don't know what to expect, Endus is not stupid, but he has MASSIVE political bias, which to be fair, is a trait most humans have. All i can see in his argument here is an attempt to justify this guys violent ramblings under freedom of speech as those who claim saying racist things is freedom of speech..sort of a here is your hypocrisy line. I just think this time his mental gymnastics lead him right back to the point of the person he was arguing with.
    The issue is that you folks keep trying to make it about the character of what this guy's saying, and it's not.

The university is free to bring in whoever they want, for whatever reasons they want. As long as the guy's speech isn't illegal for some reason. If they wanted to bring in a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, I'd support that too, even if I think the WBC are a bunch of assholes. Being dismissive of his views as "extremist" is an attempt to avoid pulling out the specific positions he holds that you take issue with, to criticize those individual issues on their own (lack of) merit.
    I'm a big believer in freedom of speech. The best way to counter speech you dislike is by speaking out against it.

I'm not saying you have to like or support this guy. I neither like nor support his views. I'm saying that him being allowed to speak at the university isn't some great travesty that should be prevented. That's it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Let's take shit out of context instead of actually reading and understanding it! The traditional meaning of jihad is the internal struggle one has within oneself against sin. In an academic context it gets used a lot in discussions of philosophy and theology.

Instead of just having a split-second reaction you guys could try to actually learn something for once.
    And yet the context of fighting jihad has very much relevance to terrorism itself. Sure, it's taken out of context, but the context itself can be viewed in different ways.