Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I agree with most of the replies but about the Xavius tentacle abuse. Even when you check the logs,out and check dps done on Xavius himself, the SP in question is the top dps with 580k while the next dps is 304k as 2nd (Sounds low but remember this is boss dps only, regardless of any adds during the fight). Certainly there is a balance issue here, checking all the top logs, being dominated by SPs on almost every fight that is not single target, seems wrong.

Deleted
    Let the shadows have their moment of Glory. I play a lock and we had that in MOP SoO (remember Sparkuggz video of LFR naked doing 350k+ dps on the council fight). Mages have it basically every expansion at least once. Rogues, too.

Shadows have not been really competitive since late WotLK, so they deserve a bit of OPness at the moment. Mind you, I don't play a shadow priest, so I can't say how easy or difficult it is to actually pull these numbers off.

Who cares if you're not top 1 damage in your raid? As long as the boss dies, everyone in the group wins, no?

Deleted
    People going ape shit on shadow priests being OP, at least it requires some sort of min SKILL to perform.

We just went through 14 months of Arcane mage 1 button spam into MILLIONS, that was left like that for a whole fucking year.

Before that we had FIRE mage in BRF doing 700k bursts while everyone else couldn't pass the 200k mark

AND BEFORE THAT?

We had warlocks which were left to be the ultimate OP class for far too long.

And WoW players cant let shadow priests have 3 months of top DPS after 12 years of Under the tank, mana battery, support DPS?

Toxic all of you, toxic.

Lets go back to the days when braindead hunters mages and locks always were #1 on DPS with 0 effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ofunearth View Post
    The skill of timing stm isn't nearly as hard as people try to make it out to be. There are plenty of add-ons that tell you the exact ideal time to pop it. Whoopdedoo. They are broken, blizzard knows it so they are nerfing them. Not nearly enough though.
    I'm serious here. Can you tell me what addon you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harpdarp View Post
    People going ape shit on shadow priests being OP, at least it requires some sort of min SKILL to perform.

We just went through 14 months of Arcane mage 1 button spam into MILLIONS, that was left like that for a whole fucking year.

Before that we had FIRE mage in BRF doing 700k bursts while everyone else couldn't pass the 200k mark

AND BEFORE THAT?

We had warlocks which were left to be the ultimate OP class for far too long.

And WoW players cant let shadow priests have 3 months of top DPS after 12 years of Under the tank, mana battery, support DPS?

Toxic all of you, toxic.

Lets go back to the days when braindead hunters mages and locks always were #1 on DPS with 0 effort.
    Wow, calling others toxic after this rant makes you either a kettle or a pot

Shadow priests are broken but only get to ridiculous levels of broken in the right hands and if nothing like lag or bugs like the void torrent bug happen. If you're at high stacks and you get even a small amount of lag you're dead and the op damage you could be bringing doesn't happen. I'm not saying it's not incredibly OP, i'm saying it's only incredibly op for top tier players which most of us here aren't. And lets not forget all the padding that people do, part of the reason Fire Mages also seemed so OP on Xavius is because of their passive uncontrollable cleave padding the meters.

will give my spriest thought here on this thread

yeah, im playing spriest in a 7/7 M EN and 3/3 H TOV (almost have odyn M) , im a spriest who rank 95th+ minimum on every fight possible atm, you guys cant know how much i hate stm, yeah its was fun at start but now its just too stressful and you shine only if you are doing it minimum 110 sec +, here lots of thing why i dislike this talent

1- the talent itself is very stressful, since you have to perform all game mechanic and have to keep a perfect rotation(at around 55-60+) to keep your insanity right, when you are at this lvl of insanity, any bad decision conduct yourself to the death and force you to use PI(power infusion)ealier=dead ealier
    2- we are pretty forced to use right now our disperssion AS OFFENSIVE, TO MAKE IT RIGHT TO THE 3th Voit(void torrent) how on earth its possibl? using a damn defensive cooldown offensively, honestly its one of the biggest thing troubling me actually
    3- during the learning of boss, you generaly dont use stm so at the end you have not praticed it at all and still learn the mechanic at the end(adding a stressful thing for us)
    4- it can look similar to the point 2, but actually to make a really good STm you have to use disperssion twice, so it let us WITHOUT DEFENSE IF ANY boss mechanic happen to us during your disperssion is on cooldown(fear,stun,not in range of the boss 1 sec at high stack,dead) i dont know any class punished for such little things in the game right now, making the talent EXTREMELY SHOCKING when happening

i REALLY WISH that blizz change other talents 110 to make them viable becuz actually there is no other choice and i start to be bored with this talents, yeah i do 625k on ursoc and people say ooo spriest op.... they just doesnt see how we feel on other fight or just the general feeling of this talent making us so much ridiculous sometime

p.s sorry for my bad english

I don't think you're gonna get a lot of sympathy for basically saying "I do 625k dps but it makes me feel sad".

There is really simple solution for this problem. Surrender to madness stay's the same but add the "Deal 1000% more treath" to it, cause if they reset aggro they die, if they pull aggro they die, they cant dot adds and so on. Should work wonders.

Deleted
    Shadow priest is only OP in the hands of a good player, my guild's shadow priest is bad and he's barely ever top 3-5 dps in any fight, and claims shadow priest is weak. he either dies a minute before the boss or has a 40 second s2m because he cannot use surrender to madness properly, he also has the lege belt and 880 ilevel. I think this makes shadow not as bad as say, arcane mages have been at points, as it requires some skill to actually do, rather than just rolling face on keyboard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No it isn't you just figure out when to use it and inc 5000% dps.

They are mid to high pre S2m and then do 50% more than the 2nd place player after ...
    It is a lot more then pressing a single button.

For one the damage increase ain't instant. To actually get to the obscene levels as you can see from some people requires a really long voidform.
    This requires doing everything perfect from a certain point (including standard boss mechancis) because a single mistake = you dead.

Now is it OP as hell in the hands of the right player? Hell yea and everyone could see this coming from a mile away.
    However to get to those numbers require a great player to begin with and it is not just pressing a button like you imply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    It is a lot more then pressing a single button.

For one the damage increase ain't instant. To actually get to the obscene levels as you can see from some people requires a really long voidform.
    This requires doing everything perfect from a certain point (including standard boss mechancis) because a single mistake = you dead.

Now is it OP as hell in the hands of the right player? Hell yea and everyone could see this coming from a mile away.
    However to get to those numbers require a great player to begin with and it is not just pressing a button like you imply.
    I never said it was.

@Jamandbread

So... let's not nerf shadowpriest because it's op only in hands of good players?

I xD very hard

7+ Year Old Account
    oh i dont know maybe they want something else to do good instead of huntards and mages all the time
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    They most certainly wouldnt do 1300k
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...066&end=110187

Deleted
    The supidity of this thread is beyond me so what every good player should switch to shadow priest becasue its the only class in the game that is a bit harder than others? I dont care about bad players, game is not balanced around them and sadly mmo is full of them thinking that sp is super hard when you can have addons telling you what to press to keep s2m for 160 seconds+

Deleted
    You know that you just posted a 12 second part of a log right?
    Might look at the result at the end of the fight, just saying.

And people complain about fire mage burst being OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deifi View Post
    Not many spriests ive spoken to actually like STM but they don't have a choice.

It sucks being piss weak outside that 1 talent.
    yeah i just realised now that its better to spam shadow word pain instead of mind spike if you cant get the detonation off, questing the best use is to stack 6 then mind blast, which means you miss out on a MB -_-

Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    The supidity of this thread is beyond me so what every good player should switch to shadow priest becasue its the only class in the game that is a bit harder than others? I dont care about bad players, game is not balanced around them and sadly mmo is full of them thinking that sp is super hard when you can have addons telling you what to press to keep s2m for 160 seconds+
    Show me that addon please.

Oh, you couldnt - Cus there simply aint one.

Get some facts stright -

Playing S2M Priest is the hardest specc in the game, had one of the hardest ever existing. They are now performing very well in good raids - This is the oneces you see, this is where you can arrange do the SP can do even silly amount of dmg. And this is allrite, cus SP plays in that way. They cant do much on, lets say, Helya M for most of the encounter, cus they are bad at it. But they can help later on with a good Surrender period.

Whats wrong with this?

Someone will allways, and allways has to, be on top. Currently, its S2M priests.

But trust me, for the love of god, its so stressfull playing this specc and you have no other choice then do so. Cus its the only way you are able to perform at a decent level if you aint doing cheese setups and gearing (Raid helping you and you go Full mastery build at Dragons for an example). You simply cant stack 5-6 ShadowPriests and win on every boss while progressing, it just wont work. But from what Iv seen, it works excellent for some other classes - and they are crying more about SP the nthemselfes.

SP is fine where it is. If ppl really QQing so much just slash the dmg some. Its a fun specc to play since it can be really rewarding. If its not rewarding, it wouldnt be worth it and id much rather play a fucking faceroll thing like a Mage or Hunter.