Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You misspelled exploit :P

Seriously how is this less worse than what the banned guilds did, in both cases a guild exploited the mechanics to trivialise an encounter and cheese a kill on a boss they couldn't have beaten legitimately.
    Read some replies in the thread, You'll see it is very different, They're not even remotely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Those who got banned, had one tank death to remove the whole breath mechanic from the fight's entire duration.

This guild here, eliminated one single breath, with a tank death. The next breath still came, unlike in the attempts/kills of those who were banned.
    As far as I understand this is only due to this kill being performed after the bug was fixed: this same strategy before the fix would have bugged the breath for them too and they would have received a ban just the same. This means the strategy Exorsus devised was actually perfectly valid and only the bug prevented them from effectively using it and maybe get a legit kill.

They were in the wrong to go for the kill with the boss bugged, but as stated by Blizzard letting the tank die is nothing new as progression strategy and I'm pretty concerned that apparently nobody at Blizzard thought about testing it. This is what ultimately led to the release of an encounter which remained effectively bugged for days.

Seriously how is this less worse than what the banned guilds did, in both cases a guild exploited the mechanics to trivialise an encounter and cheese a kill on a boss they couldn't have beaten legitimately.
    /yawn!!!!!
    weak troll attempt is weak. Next time try getting in on the first page and you might have better luck

i am amazed people calling exorsus/ limit/ etc cheaters when they are performing this exact strat,

Exorsus cannot force helya to continue casting breath after sacrificing tank BECAUSE BLIZZ IS UNABLE TO FIX THE BUG EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW ABOUT THE BUG BEFORE MYTHICS MODE RELEASE.

This is the exact strat all the "CHEATERS" are using , except they cannot execute this strat cause blizz is incompetent and unable to fix the encounter ( to allow helya to conitnue casting breath instead of getting bugged out) in a timely manner. shame on blizz
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-11-27 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When going for world firsts, guilds usually encounter bugs that could allow them to kill the boss far easier than intended. 99% of the time, they report it, work around it, and still kill the boss. You usually don't hear about them unless they pop up in patch notes or what not, but there has been numerous times that a guild has had to redo their entire strat to kill a boss because of these. Then you have Exorsus and From Scratch that say fuck it, and kill it with the bug anyway.

Blizzard has been pretty consistent with their "interesting use of game mechanics" vs "exploit" view, people that say otherwise probably haven't been around long enough to see what guilds have done to get themselves suspended.
    Last edited by nebula; 2016-11-27 at 06:33 PM.

@ JIMM
    The trolls are out in force today guys because anyone who would actually take the time to read the OP would never make such an obvious troll comment. The article clearly states the difference and anyone who tries to agrue against it is either trolling, too lazy to read or just plain stupid. End of thread.
    Last edited by Rawklobster; 2016-11-27 at 06:33 PM.

Congratulations and sympathies to all who paid to test this game
    It was a shame.

$150 for the statue?

WTF -- that's more expensive than the collector's edition I got, that had the Soldier 76 statue!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    $150 for the statue?

WTF -- that's more expensive than the collector's edition I got, that had the Soldier 76 statue!
    Damn you pay for a statue of a generic soldier.

Deleted
    Am i missing something or did they have it on personal loot ?

10+ Year Old Account
    is it me or the mages and hunters were casting thru walls and elevated ground ... isnt that a LoS ? like the small bump in the ground in Neth lair doesnt allow u to heal people ?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Read some replies in the thread, You'll see it is very different, They're not even remotely similar.
    No they are extremely similar just not identical, like I said in both cases a guild exploited the mechanics to trivialise an encounter and cheese a kill on a boss they couldn't have beaten legitimately.

The big issue here is Blizzard being so erratic with enforcing the rules, it's gotten to the point where guilds cannot afford to not use shortcuts they find because they know that if they don't other guilds will, and if it's one of the nine times out of ten where Blizzard don't care then that means losing rankings. Exorsus took a shortcut and got banned, DT took a shortcut and didn't, it in both cases it was exploiting the mechanics to do something not intended and neither guild could have gotten their kill without it making their fight much easier.

It's no an exploit. The ability still occurred after the tank died. As mentioned several times in this thread, it's the same strategy that was used on Mythic Archimonde.

The big issue here is Blizzard being so erratic with enforcing the rules,
    No, the issue is some raider that got banned is telling you that Blizzard is being erratic. You probably missed the blatant fact that they blame Blizzard for getting banned, which is something a kid does when they don't want to take responsibility.

Actually this would be would be world 4th considering method got the 1st and the 3rd kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    No, the issue is some raider that got banned is telling you that Blizzard is being erratic. You probably missed the blatant fact that they blame Blizzard for getting banned, which is something a kid does when they don't want to take responsibility.
    Yeah, but sometimes they do it because it's true too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy I can bring the edgyness straight to my home for only 150 dollars.

its just me or the kirin tor are no longer giving the repu token?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    i am amazed people calling exorsus/ limit/ etc cheaters when they are performing this exact strat,

Exorsus cannot force helya to continue casting breath after sacrificing tank BECAUSE BLIZZ IS UNABLE TO FIX THE BUG EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW ABOUT THE BUG BEFORE MYTHICS MODE RELEASE.

This is the exact strat all the "CHEATERS" are using , except they cannot execute this strat cause blizz is incompetent and unable to fix the encounter ( to allow helya to conitnue casting breath instead of getting bugged out) in a timely manner. shame on blizz
    Report the bug and wait for it to be fixed or find a new strategy (Method and Serenity did it without bugging the encounter, didn't they?). Simple as that. Just because blizzard is (as you view it) incompetent doesn't mean you exploit the bug.

piss off with Ghostcrawler. He does not have anything to do with WoW and the community hated him when he was there.

Waste of front page space