Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Finally created a similar thread on the official forums. Please feel free to go post there too, maybe something will be heard, maybe it'll just get deleted. Heads up, I posted a wall of text.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5265837
    Let's hope the mods don't banhammer it because "bashing". Not to jump on you like a fanboy here but you seem to actually post criticism quite well. Definitely better than me. You keep it constructive which is respectable whereas me ehhh I personally think tough love is the answer hell in my own words sometimes too tough . But personally I think Rift needs a bit of tough love right now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Let's hope the mods don't banhammer it because "bashing". Not to jump on you like a fanboy here but you seem to actually post criticism quite well. Definitely better than me. You keep it constructive which is respectable whereas me ehhh I personally think tough love is the answer hell in my own words sometimes too tough . But personally I think Rift needs a bit of tough love right now.
    Thank you, I've been able to get away with saying a lot on the forums if I don't talk about the moderation being out of hand and I stay focused on Rift exclusively. The second I derail I get banned. I know the mods have my name haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A very well thought out post that I hope garners the kind of replies you want
    Thank you, me too. Not entirely sure it'll go well but hey, better to try and fail than not try at all right?

Thank you, I've been able to get away with saying a lot on the forums if I don't talk about the moderation being out of hand and I stay focused on Rift exclusively. The second I derail I get banned. I know the mods have my name haha.

Thank you, me too. Not entirely sure it'll go well but hey, better to try and fail than not try at all right?
    Honestly I'm genuinely surprised the fanboys haven't jumped on you yet. Like this must be record time for them for not jumping on criticism or something.

Honestly I'm genuinely surprised the fanboys haven't jumped on you yet. Like this must be record time for them for not jumping on criticism or something.
    I posted it late Sunday night on a holiday weekend. Give them a few hours and they'll come out in force. Maybe I can ruffle their feathers enough to get them to voice their own frustrations. Doubt it, but hey, why not?

EDIT; Well shit, it's Monday night and not a single one. That's almost unnerving. It's like a prophecy for the end times of Rift.
    Last edited by Selah; 2016-11-29 at 12:55 AM.

Same things as the first day and has KILLED my interest in the game honestly:

- Limited races. Why even have a lore department honestly? People immerse themselves in lore by becoming involved in these races with investments in time not by reading complicated lore storylines that are hard to follow then vanish once you leave a zone
    - FPS performance
    - Instead of continuing to goto the planes we get some strange expansion that is a teaser?
    - What seem to be side expansions to the actual game? Starfall prophesy to be honest makes no sense when people were expecting more Plane related encounters and adventures
    - OVER MODERATION on the forums. Complete and utter lack of any ability to criticize the game or offer productive feedback. I used to post constantly in the PTS forums about issues I found and invested heavily in QA'n new quest and content. ever sense they started banning people left and right quality has fallen through the floor
    - Game has extremely little replay value as mentioned. No race specific starter zones and after 5 year zero interest in actually making the game interesting
    - Ever since Tier 3 in Vanilla Rift the game turned into a flat out gear grinder. ASK anyone and they will say Hammerknell was the pinnacle of Rift. You could realistically gear up new people but after Infernal Dawn when people dropped off you found it impossible to re gear them leading to cancelled to raids and thus people losing interest. they have NEVER addressed this and after going F2P made it into even more of a gear grinder.

If your game population is falling constantly then your current formula for success has failed. This is the same feedback me and multiple people have given to Trion since day 1 and they never listened and as a result with an aging gamer population the people who would play have found other interest.

probably a bit late it was only my bro playing rift actively, I was in the same raiding guild i think we were in unity for a while, i burnt out a while ago but my bro stayed strong. it looks like the whole guild folded at least their forum is cleaned out, afaik they were like one of maybe 5 guilds actually raiding on gelidra.

what it came down to was, if I HAVE to pay for an expansion, i'm going back to wow. so he did.

if you have to pay for the game why stay with the sub par game, rift was cool because its on a similar playing field as wow but when your forced to pay to play then you might aswell go for the game with the better production value. rift was nice because you could just inject the amount of cash you wanted into it, there was no serious pay walls until now.

at this point you know, prophecy was about the same price as legion so, it was kinda a no brainer.

its a shame it looked like they were doing quite well in tier 3 in the last expansion.

for me i dunno i just got kinda bored of the game, there was all that crap with the developers being shady fucks which also kinda made me want nothing to do with the game. again another shame because i did actually unlock quite a lot of stuff for rift.

its funny i came here because i just saw i had an email saying i got a free primalist pack and a month of patron, they must be really desperate. unfortunately for trion i'm poor and can't buy their expansion. not to mention i picked up a cheap copy of BDO and have been enjoying the casual mmo experience.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-11-29 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    probably a bit late it was only my bro playing rift actively, I was in the same raiding guild i think we were in unity for a while, i burnt out a while ago but my bro stayed strong. it looks like the whole guild folded at least their forum is cleaned out, afaik they were like one of maybe 5 guilds actually raiding on gelidra.

what it came down to was, if I HAVE to pay for an expansion, i'm going back to wow. so he did.

if you have to pay for the game why stay with the sub par game, rift was cool because its on a similar playing field as wow but when your forced to pay to play then you might aswell go for the game with the better production value. rift was nice because you could just inject the amount of cash you wanted into it, there was no serious pay walls until now.

at this point you know, prophecy was about the same price as legion so, it was kinda a no brainer.

its a shame it looked like they were doing quite well in tier 3 in the last expansion.

for me i dunno i just got kinda bored of the game, there was all that crap with the developers being shady fucks which also kinda made me want nothing to do with the game. again another shame because i did actually unlock quite a lot of stuff for rift.

its funny i came here because i just saw i had an email saying i got a free primalist pack and a month of patron, they must be really desperate. unfortunately for trion i'm poor and can't buy their expansion. not to mention i picked up a cheap copy of BDO and have been enjoying the casual mmo experience.
    I understand where you're coming from. I've said quite a bit that they need to stop trying to be WoW and let Rift focus on what it does well. Out of curiosity, if Trion had instead on focused SFP around open world content (rifts, raid rifts, PvP rifts, zone events, one time evens like River of Souls, world bosses like Volan) and opened up the trees to supporting hybrids would you have been willing to pay for this expansion?

i think my bro would have only paid for the expansion if it were around the price of a month of patron, he would probably have not minded then, but considering it was basically the same price as legion that was just it, the only reason he was playing rift is because he wasn't forced to buy the newest expansion until he was.

I can't even remember why I actually stopped playing, I was doing alright i remember clearing most of MT doing a boss or two in hammerknell then i just stopped logging in. i'm sure i was playing something but i can't remember what it was, i think i may have gone back to Eve for a few months. then ppl started posting about the devs going all ban happy and i was like 'hell no'.

it might have been the f2p changes that dissuaded me from logging back in i was quite accustomed to the perks that were there before the gutting.

it might have been the performance tbh, i remember raiding was basically a slide show and it just got boring, in mmos you kinda want to raid but when the game runs at like 10 fps in 20 mans, its just not enjoyable at all. so yeah for me the shitty performance and the sketchy devs probably killed it in the end.

i mean i don't exactly have a toaster, it runs everything i throw at it, my apu didn't even exist until rift was 2 years old. the daily and weekly grinding i didn't like that much either it was just mandatory to do them if you wanted to progress, i like having things to do but after a few months you start to kinda see them as a chore. combined with the removal of specific queuing well that made the pvp weekly nearly impossible to do unless you queue all day and hope you get the bg you need.

yeah all that together was probably the defining moment in which i realised i just don't really want to play any more.

unity had problems with ppl like me who joined got a few bits of gear and just stopped playing, I think they collectively decided that they weren't going to keep going in prophecy, its late atm ill ask my bro in the morning what happened with the guild and if they did all decide to pack the game in, it looks like they did. so the game lost one of its only few 20 man raid guilds. although to be fair because of the aforementioned problem with ppl disappearing i think they were mostly focused on the tier 3 10 man toward the end.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-11-29 at 03:26 AM.

Deleted
    hey lythelia i am actually heathy's brother he introduced me to rift, near the start of nightmare tide when the game recently became F2P and i fell in love with ALOT of cool things about the game that wow used to have but got removed or dumbed down like the talent tree's for instance and the cool hybrid classes you could make, i found all that again when i started playing rift. but as time went on it was like things were just turning for the worse the population was getting smaller, they were adding cool new souls or a class (that you had to buy and yes alot of them are OP and P2W especially when they are first released and like all rift content un-tested atall it seemed) i dunno it just kinda dawned on me that im playing and even paying to play a game thats just shitting on its customers and whats left of the community in every wich way it possibly could, i cant stand P2W games but that is exactly how rift is, if it wasnt buying gear from the shop it was the OP souls that you NEEDED to have to raid and that alone the buying of souls was enough to make me want to stop playing, but then again FPs in 20man raids is just a joke when i have everything set on low i cant get more than 7fps in a 20man raid when combat starts with a game thats years old and realisticly should work on any old piece of shit pc on minimal settings but hey ho! 10mans were just about play-able for me and i did enjoy alot of other things out of raiding too, but mainly the fact of them trying to sqeeze every penny out of everyone they possibly can, and out of every way they can is whats made me stop playing the game.

but to answer ur question lythelia if they released this new expansion earlier next year and put more time and testing into their content, maybe i actually would have, but from going F2P back to B2P at the same time wow's new expansion came out....well all they done was gave me "and probly everyone else that started off with wow first" an option to either stay with rift and get milked by trion or go back to wow wich i hadnt played for a few years and already accomplished alot more on, it really was a no brainer cause when i was playing rift i was getting patron just to try keep up with everyone else anyway.

lol so your not sleeping then, did the whole guild fold because i checked their website and the forum has no posts in it.

the performance is pretty terrible, both me and lewie have apus, i have a a8 6600k with an r7 370 and lewie has a a10 7870k with a r7 250 in native dual gpu mode.

game ran like ass on both our pcs.

its funny because i was playing gta 5 recently and i'm getting 50 ish fps on high at 1080p.

hell even the clusterfk world boss fights in bdo are less laggy than a 20 man rift raid. which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

its just not funny when your character is rubber banding all over the place and the fights require a certain level of co-ordination and timing and your basically able to count the freaking frames, its just intolerable it becomes less about skill and more about random luck.

now i'm used to low frames, i started playing wow in early 2005 my pc at the time was pretty much an actual toaster, the 40 mans used to bring my pc to its knees, but rift is just a whole different ball game when it comes to performing well under low frames. in wow i could heal with my priest with 10-15 fps no problem, wouldn't miss a beat, for rift its just not enough.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-11-29 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Same things as the first day and has KILLED my interest in the game honestly:

- Limited races. Why even have a lore department honestly? People immerse themselves in lore by becoming involved in these races with investments in time not by reading complicated lore storylines that are hard to follow then vanish once you leave a zone
    - FPS performance
    - Instead of continuing to goto the planes we get some strange expansion that is a teaser?
    - What seem to be side expansions to the actual game? Starfall prophesy to be honest makes no sense when people were expecting more Plane related encounters and adventures
    - OVER MODERATION on the forums. Complete and utter lack of any ability to criticize the game or offer productive feedback. I used to post constantly in the PTS forums about issues I found and invested heavily in QA'n new quest and content. ever sense they started banning people left and right quality has fallen through the floor
    - Game has extremely little replay value as mentioned. No race specific starter zones and after 5 year zero interest in actually making the game interesting
    - Ever since Tier 3 in Vanilla Rift the game turned into a flat out gear grinder. ASK anyone and they will say Hammerknell was the pinnacle of Rift. You could realistically gear up new people but after Infernal Dawn when people dropped off you found it impossible to re gear them leading to cancelled to raids and thus people losing interest. they have NEVER addressed this and after going F2P made it into even more of a gear grinder.

If your game population is falling constantly then your current formula for success has failed. This is the same feedback me and multiple people have given to Trion since day 1 and they never listened and as a result with an aging gamer population the people who would play have found other interest.
    Wait, what? Are you two users using the same account?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-must-be-good

Is this the same guy who flat out posted/bragged he/she bought the US$60 expansion and dedicated a whole thread to me after I criticized the beta and the expansion?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsMr_jEZ4w8

Flip Flop, much?

ps. Told ya so.

Deleted
    cause ur account got deleted if anything the guild is still going afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie90 View Post
    cause ur account got deleted if anything the guild is still going afaik.
    ah i see well i didn't log into anything i just went to thier site and clicked the forum, nothing there. although it does say they are still recruiting on the home page.

i thought you guys had a discussion on mumble about continuing in the expansion. i couldn't remember if you said a bunch of folks were giving up or if ppl were going to stick it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can say more with a simple picture than a thousand words.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie90 View Post
    hey lythelia i am actually heathy's brother he introduced me to rift, near the start of nightmare tide when the game recently became F2P and i fell in love with ALOT of cool things about the game that wow used to have but got removed or dumbed down like the talent tree's for instance and the cool hybrid classes you could make, i found all that again when i started playing rift. but as time went on it was like things were just turning for the worse the population was getting smaller, they were adding cool new souls or a class (that you had to buy and yes alot of them are OP and P2W especially when they are first released and like all rift content un-tested atall it seemed) i dunno it just kinda dawned on me that im playing and even paying to play a game thats just shitting on its customers and whats left of the community in every wich way it possibly could, i cant stand P2W games but that is exactly how rift is, if it wasnt buying gear from the shop it was the OP souls that you NEEDED to have to raid and that alone the buying of souls was enough to make me want to stop playing, but then again FPs in 20man raids is just a joke when i have everything set on low i cant get more than 7fps in a 20man raid when combat starts with a game thats years old and realisticly should work on any old piece of shit pc on minimal settings but hey ho! 10mans were just about play-able for me and i did enjoy alot of other things out of raiding too, but mainly the fact of them trying to sqeeze every penny out of everyone they possibly can, and out of every way they can is whats made me stop playing the game.

but to answer ur question lythelia if they released this new expansion earlier next year and put more time and testing into their content, maybe i actually would have, but from going F2P back to B2P at the same time wow's new expansion came out....well all they done was gave me "and probly everyone else that started off with wow first" an option to either stay with rift and get milked by trion or go back to wow wich i hadnt played for a few years and already accomplished alot more on, it really was a no brainer cause when i was playing rift i was getting patron just to try keep up with everyone else anyway.
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I've had the money that I could afford the expansion but there has been so much that Trion has done wrong and the expansion and the game as a whole that I can't justify it. Which is something that sucks because I do love Rift but I'm not going to lie to myself about what's going on. I appreciate the input from both you and your brother. I'd encourage you guys to go onto the official forums and leave feedback for the team, I doubt it'll do anything but I'm genuinely worried at this point for this game and need to try.

I have a feeling ill end up being too blunt and just get banned.

I agree though rift is a great game at its core, they just need to hammer the performance into this game something serious, if it ran better for more ppl that would be a huge step in the right direction.

it just didn't make any sense to me, the nightmare rifts were a great idea, the rifts were always kinda fun to do but they never lasted very long, those nightmare rifts were great finally you had a rift, in rift, that you could sit at for a while and kill mobs.

but the performance, the game WANTS lots of ppl to group up large gatherings of players happen all the time but you went to a nightmare rift or the zone event and waited there for a bit and more ppl show up and more ppl show up and more ppl show up and it just turns into a slide show. so any fun that could be had at that point is gone. i found the game ran perfectly fine until about 18-19 ppl are in the same area then all of a sudden one more person comes a long and you lose like 20 frames.

its kinda mind boggling, i think it has something to do with the amount of abilities that ppl have perhaps, it was usually when you were actually in combat, i kinda got the feeling that the game just couldn't handle the amount of either abilities or spell effects or something absolutely crushes the frame rate at a certain point.

i was just talking to lewie and he thinks that they released prophecy at a stupid time, they went head to head with legion which was silly they should have done like he said released next year when the thing was more ready. now they've released a broken expansion they are just gunna lose players until its fixed. I would actually be pretty pissed if i had bought prophecy in the state that its apparently in.

then again i'm still simmering after being burned by no mans sky. a second burn would probably cause me to spontaneously combust.

Also we did agree that the soul packs suck in the way they are sold, they should bundle them by class, i bought both soul packs but never made an alt. its a cool idea to have 1 soul per class but in reality that doesn't really help you if you don't have one of each class. i can't tell if that was a clever marketing ploy to get you to sink more time into it, either way, it would be a lot more convenient if you could just buy the souls for the class you actually play most of the time.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-11-29 at 05:36 AM.

Deleted
    im glad i could give alittle perspective of how others maybe feeling about it too, im sure i wasnt the only one that thought that way when they announced rift was going back to B2P^^ but im with you on the love for the game, i really did enjoy playing it and i put a fair ammount of time and money into it aswell (nearly got to purple loyalty) for what was a F2P game, but it was like the announcement of rift going back to B2P that made all the little things that i could get by with, just start to tally up to the point where all i could think of were reasons not to keep playing it rather than buying the new expansion and keep playing, and from alot of posts i've recently seen about the release sadly it seems like it was the right move

i feel trion really did bugger things up with this expansion and maybe to the point of no return, but then again when money has become more important than the people that give you it in the first place, it seemed pretty clear to me atleast that things wasn't going to go well with this expansion.
    and for leaving some honest feedback on one of trions forums i would only get banned, like everyone else has thats tryed to give them some good feedback on how their ruining the game & player base or how they could make things better.

Huh, I'll be damned. So no posts have been deleted from my thread on top of that Brasse put in a response on the thread.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5266667

She didn't really address any of the issues I brought up but it's something. Hell I even had Wackywoo, well known white knight on the forums, not only like a grievance I posted on the forums but posted their own problem.

Huh, I'll be damned. So no posts have been deleted from my thread on top of that Brasse put in a response on the thread.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5266667

She didn't really address any of the issues I brought up but it's something. Hell I even had Wackywoo, well known white knight on the forums, not only like a grievance I posted on the forums but posted their own problem.
    And oh look the other one has jumped in to try and defend it all. Let's see claiming IA's breaking the server is/was the only issue HAHAHAHA. Yeah guess majority of content disabled at launch was in everyone's imagination. Proceeds to happily dump on Legion but won't name any MMO that had issues for 4 weeks.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 12:34 PM.

And oh look the other one has jumped in to try and defend it all. Let's see claiming IA's breaking the server is/was the only issue HAHAHAHA. Yeah guess majority of content disabled at launch was in everyone's imagination. Proceeds to happily dump on Legion but won't name any MMO that had issues for 4 weeks.
    It isn't perfect but he's discussing the game and admitting there are problems. He's off base a bit but it's okay because he's still there and he's still contributing. Hell, he even admitted that the expansion wasn't ready. Honestly I'm genuinely surprised that people have been as receptive to this discussion as they have been.