10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There's a new version of the game that includes the DLC that you can add to your account (afaik). There's also a DLC package that has all the DLC on the Crown Store. There's also no reason you 'need' the DLC to play as all zones and rewards scale, and you would not need to start a new character with the DLC. You just keep playing and get higher champion level/gear. Not really any downside to doing any of those, based on whichever is most cost/time efficient for you.
    Cool thanks. I never did get much into it, but I keep thinking about giving it another try. This long Thanksgiving weekend might be a good chance for that.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Cool thanks. I never did get much into it, but I keep thinking about giving it another try. This long Thanksgiving weekend might be a good chance for that.
    Subscribing also gives access to all the DLC for the duration of your subscription.

The sub (which is $15 a month) gives you:
    - 1500 Crowns, which is normally $15 by itself.
    - Access to all the DLC.
    - 10% extra gold drops, experience, crafting research, and inspiration (crafting experience).
    - The Crafting Bag, which gives you an infinite space bag that holds all the crafting materials in the game.

So if you end up getting the version that doesn't include the DLC, you can just drop $15 and play them all for a month.

Anyone else having problems since the latest patch? My PS4 version has crashed 5 times this morning

did the chat box get implemented yet for console?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    did the chat box get implemented yet for console?
    A bit late but since no one replied, yeah it is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    A bit late but since no one replied, yeah it is in.
    Oh I might get the game then. That was the only thing left holding me back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Subscribing also gives access to all the DLC for the duration of your subscription.

The sub (which is $15 a month) gives you:
    - 1500 Crowns, which is normally $15 by itself.
    - Access to all the DLC.
    - 10% extra gold drops, experience, crafting research, and inspiration (crafting experience).
    - The Crafting Bag, which gives you an infinite space bag that holds all the crafting materials in the game.

So if you end up getting the version that doesn't include the DLC, you can just drop $15 and play them all for a month.
    That's a good plan. My bag space has definitely been the largest point of frustration, what with collecting everything I can.

Another question. Since the One Tamriel scales everything to your level, is there any challenge in the solo questing? Thus far I've had fun fiddling around, but I can see myself getting bored if I'm not taking any damage and there's no risk of actually dieing. I think the most damage I've taken is by walking through traps.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

That's a good plan. My bag space has definitely been the largest point of frustration, what with collecting everything I can.

Another question. Since the One Tamriel scales everything to your level, is there any challenge in the solo questing? Thus far I've had fun fiddling around, but I can see myself getting bored if I'm not taking any damage and there's no risk of actually dieing. I think the most damage I've taken is by walking through traps.
    There can be some challenge, especially if you let your gear upgrades lapse. But level 1-30 should be fairly easy.

10+ Year Old Account

World bosses can be difficult if you aren't optimizing your build and min/maxing, as well as some delves and especially the public dungeons, also the dolmens. The delves are the little dungeons that can be done by a lone player, zones usually have several of them. The public dungeons, while not as hard as the real dungeons, can still get pretty dicey. Most of them have quests in them, the delves usually have some kind of quest where you have to get something in the delve and bring it back to someone and the public dungeons usually have an actual quest line inside of them for the dungeon. And the dolmens are fighting a couple waves of daedra until a boss spawns to close a Coldharbour Anchor, I doubt you would be able to solo those unless really well optimized, they hit pretty hard, but are worth it for the fighter's guild xp and loot.

As far as just questing in general though, I doubt you will have much trouble with that, at least until you get to Coldharbour (level 40 something), get to Cadwell's Silver and Gold (higher champion point versions of the other two faction's zones), or go into the DLC zones (in veteran ranks). Most of the DLCs allow you to go at anytime and any level, but if you went and did like the Thieve's Guild at level 15 or something it probably wouldn't be as difficult as champion point levels would make it or something like that.

The main story quests were probably the most difficult quests I remember when leveling, especially towards the end. I don't remember the mage's guild being particularly difficult, nor the fighter's guild, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing last week on XB1. Got a Brenton Templar as a healer up to 25ish.

Anyone want to recruit a newb and show'm how to optimize my play time? Mostly, I just need people to play with before I get bored of all this solo play, and silent dungeons.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Another question. Since the One Tamriel scales everything to your level, is there any challenge in the solo questing?
    'Questing' was never really designed to be difficult, but before the scaling the DLC content was pretty rough at low levels b/c they scale you to a default level and you still didn't have great abilities. It may still be the same, don't know. In any case, trying to solo the world bosses, dolmens, or group delves is very difficult if you don't have the perfect build and up to date gear. You used to be able to go back and do older ones a little easier, but still with a challenge. Now that is not possible, so it's just better to play with like 1 buddy on that content and it feels moderately challenging.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there 3v3 arena in ESO yet or in the future? I cannot stand the WvW type zergfest pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Any news on update 13?
    Yup. It'll have player housing and it's expected to launch in Q1 of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ANd some of those houses look awesome. But I can't really find any time for ESO
    Yea I'm not gonna get it unless it's a gift. Too many games, and if I go back to an MMO that's not WoW and I got to pay for it, it's going to be ff14 (which I want to get back too but too many games atm)

Just picked up the game 2 days ago, hit level 10 last night as a Bretan Sorc. So far I'm having a blast, combat feels fairly smooth and generally stuff doesn't live beyond my 4 spell rotation. Found a social guild to be in until I hit max level and honestly it's keeping me entertained for now.

Is around 100ms usual for NA players? Feels a bit high.

Deleted
    For a reason i never really understood TESO never was really successfull, as it seems. It is a really well done RPG with optional group content.

The difference to skyrim is, beside the fact its a MMO, that skyrim was full of glitches and overpowered specs (stealthy archer anyone? Summoner with sanguines rose?). TESO actually has immersive classes without making players immortals. Which is way more fun than being completely op and unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    For a reason i never really understood TESO never was really successfull, as it seems. It is a really well done RPG with optional group content.
    Because at launch it was pretty broken (technically) and was severely lacking in terms of features and "endgame" content. It was quite a mess on many fronts and it took the better part of a year of ZMO busting their asses working on the game while PC players paid to beta test it to finally whip it into the solid shape it is in today.

Also, remember, this was a game that nobody had really asked for and ZMO waffled quite a bit initially on whether or not to position it as a traditional MMO or as "Skyrim Online".

The difference to skyrim is, beside the fact its a MMO, that skyrim was full of glitches and overpowered specs (stealthy archer anyone? Summoner with sanguines rose?).
    So was ESO when it launched, specifically massive phasing issues that prevented people from playing together. Also, plenty of overpowered specs that took a while for ZMO to finally get a hold of in PvP.

TESO actually has immersive classes without making players immortals. Which is way more fun than being completely op and unbeatable.
    It's better now with One Tamriel, but that was an issue outside of high level areas as well.

Again, the game, like most MMO's, made huge strides in improving itself and filling content/feature gaps in the years since it launched. It's now in a great place. But at launch, like most other recent MMO's, it was a bloody mess on many fronts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, remember, this was a game that nobody had really asked for and ZMO waffled quite a bit initially on whether or not to position it as a traditional MMO or as "Skyrim Online".
    I just remember that TESO wasnt hyped at all. Probably it already started with a lot of negativity from the well fed mmorpg community.

So was ESO when it launched, specifically massive phasing issues that prevented people from playing together. Also, plenty of overpowered specs that took a while for ZMO to finally get a hold of in PvP.
    The difference just is that it was no problem in skyrim to become op, as there was noone to compete with. So at the end, the genre made those imbalances matter, and showed up bad game design, while the solo player experience in skyrim just didnt.

I wonder if people expected to be able to use glitches in a mmorpg as well, as they were used to them in the single player rpgs.

It's better now with One Tamriel, but that was an issue outside of high level areas as well.
    Yeah, really love the game.

It deserves way more players.

I just remember that TESO wasnt hyped at all. Probably it already started with a lot of negativity from the well fed mmorpg community.
    The lack of interest was pretty across the board. TES fans looked at it initially and it was pitched as a traditional MMO, and all they wanted was co-op Skyrim, so they weren't excited. MMO fans looked at it initially and saw another largely samey MMO with a TES coat of paint, which wasn't particularly interesting.

Things changed from the initial announcement to launch and the game got a lot more TES-y (mainly "Skyrim-y"), but the initial impressions stuck and the initial product was still rough. Butt blocking was hilarious though.

The difference just is that it was no problem in skyrim to become op, as there was noone to compete with. So at the end, the genre made those imbalances matter, and showed up bad game design, while the solo player experience in skyrim just didnt.

I wonder if people expected to be able to use glitches in a mmorpg as well, as they were used to them in the single player rpgs.
    Agreed, that's the nature of taking a lot of the super sloppy design from Skyrim and trying to transplant it into a MMO : P

Yeah, really love the game.

It deserves way more players.
    It's doing pretty well for itself now, definitely a success. But I think it stumbling out of the gate and being stuck in paid beta testing on PC for a year before finally making its "official" launch on consoles (and transitioning to B2P) all but killed its chances of being a "major "success.