Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The hardest boss for me was Sindragosa HC. She pretty much killed 2 guilds of mine xD Killed her after like 500+, if not more, wipes So many nights, where we just wiped and wiped on her ><
    Jesus, yeah. I remember that. You actually reminded me that I still have the kill video from the guild I was in back then. (I'm the Enhancement Shaman that jumps on every GCD.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I claim that this represents the hardest bosses from top to bottom.
    Even so,

i would have to admit, if Mu'uru Didnt get the nerfs, im pretty sure he would have taken 3-4 times as long, and been further up the List, he became a joke after he received his nerfs to p2.

dont think anyone killed it pre nerf.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden, 25man Heroic Lich King and Mythic Archimonde are all about even for the 3 most difficult bosses in WoW's history.

I base this off a statistic I calculated which is the time taken from the World First kill to the World 100th kill.

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post

1. Heroic Lich King 25 man* 68 Days
    2. Mythic Archimonde 65.06 Days
    3. Kil’Jaeden 64 Days
    4. Heroic Sinestra 63.2 Days
    5. Heroic Lei’Shen 58.36 Days
    6. Heroic Garrosh 52.28 Days

7. Heroic Ragnaros 50.21 Days
    8. Heroic Nefarian 49.24 Days

9. Heroic Sha of Fear** 46.62 Days
    10. Yogg+0 25man 45.43 Days
    11. Mythic Blackhand 40.86 Days
    12. Heroic Madness of Deathwing** 36.56 Days
    13. Heroic Grand Empress Shek’Zeer 28.72 Days
    14. Heroic Anub’Arak* 25 man 28 days
    15. Mythic Imperator Mar’Gok 27.88 Days
    16. Heroic Al’Akir 27.69 Days
    17. Heroic Will of the Emperor 18.54 Days
    18. Kel’Thuzad 25man 4 days

*This boss had limited attempts
    **Progression of this boss occurred over Christmas + New Years, inflating its number of days taken

Kel'Thuzad is by far the easiest, by A LOT. Xavius is the second easiest end-boss but It's still fucking nothing compared to Kel'Thuzad, I haven't updated the thread but Xavius took 14 days. Xav is about on par with Will of the Emperor, Kel'Thuzad and Naxx in general was an absolute travesty and pure time-based stats don't take the context of the game and what people were doing in the time prior to the raids into account at that point (1 month prep time for EN, zero prep time for Naxx, had to level to 80 and get some gear before immediately starting the raid)
    Last edited by sdracklryeg; 2016-11-28 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Kil'Jaeden, 25man Heroic Lich King and Mythic Archimonde are all about even for the 3 most difficult bosses in WoW's history.

I base this off a statistic I calculated which is the time taken from the World First kill to the World 100th kill.

Kel'Thuzad is by far the easiest, by A LOT. Xavius is the second easiest end-boss but It's still fucking nothing compared to Kel'Thuzad, I haven't updated the thread but Xavius took 14 days. Xav is about on par with Will of the Emperor, Kel'Thuzad and Naxx in general was an absolute travesty and pure time-based stats don't take the context of the game and what people were doing in the time prior to the raids into account at that point (1 month prep time for EN, zero prep time for Naxx, had to level to 80 and get some gear before immediately starting the raid)
    Mm, I like that metric for difficulty a lot. It helps eliminate the silly X-factors which plague a lot of WF kills and don't really accurately reflect the actual difficulty of the encounter.

Here's a serious problem with your metric. Only 10 guilds defeated Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Darkness 25) before the encounter received the following enormous nerfs.

Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):

"An Immortal Guardian targeted for Empowering Shadows in the Yogg-Saron encounter will now become a 'Marked Immortal Guardian' while targeted.
    Crusher Tentacles in the Yogg-Saron encounter spawn a little slower in 25-player mode allowing a bit more time for players to clear out the Illusion room.
    Empowering Shadows in the Yogg-Saron encounter now targets a maximum of three Immortal Guardians in 25-player mode.
    Yogg-Saron's health has been reduced by 20% in the final stage of his 25-player mode."

You'll note an enormous number of kills followed the August 4th patch. Who knows how long it would've taken for 100 kills with the original extremely absurdly tuned version. There's a reason it took 83 days from being available to being killed (which is an enormous amount of time for top guilds to farm gear).

Al'akir was also extremely overtuned originally and only 1 guild killed it before massive changes, so the world #100 guilds weren't really doing the same fight.

The Lich King was also progressively nerfed, if Hellscream's Warsong was capped at 5% who knows how long those 100 kills would've taken.

Nefarian was actually made harder after the world first, with the change to his mind control damage mechanic.

Not many fights had as severe a nerf over time as Archimonde and the legendary rings.

And of course, no one was keeping track of world #100 in vanilla or BC.

i would have to admit, if Mu'uru Didnt get the nerfs, im pretty sure he would have taken 3-4 times as long, and been further up the List, he became a joke after he received his nerfs to p2.

dont think anyone killed it pre nerf.
    M'uru was changed week two. SK Gaming killed it before the nerfs to spell pushback on negative energy, in 4 days.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-11-28 at 05:31 AM.

Deleted
    Lich King had really shit limited attempts though. I'm fairly certain that all end wing bosses shared the same limited attempt lockout or something in the beginning, and every 2 week it was increased by 5 attempts. I think it started at 10 the initial week, but only 1 boss wing had been unlocked. By the time players could pull Lich King heroic, they literally had only 20 attempts, and if they wiped on any end wing boss they'd have fewer for Lich King.

Just sayin', because to me at least it plays a huge factor in why Lich King was killed so late, but also because without the 5% nerf he was tuned insanely.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Yea It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, any metric you try and use to determine difficulty is going to have problems but I'd say If you wanted to have a "fair" comparison, the problems of comparing 1->100 are less bearing than the problems of comparing 0->1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Algalon the Raid Destroyer.

Followed by Tyrannical Advisor Melandrus.

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-11-28 at 08:46 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I claim that this represents the hardest bosses from top to bottom.
    Shows the broken bosses. Not hardest. Broken =/= hard
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Zor'lok v1.

Hardest mechanic - wise? Archimonde in hfc, hardly imaginable without any addons or weakauras. Hardest tuning - wise? Probably LK 25 Hc, that boss was painfully easy to play, but damn did everything hit hard..

Combined, garrosh prenerf was pretty damn difficult, same with blackhand prenerf dps requirement was insane, heroic ragnaros was hard FOR THE TIME IT WAS RELEASED, if it came today, the mechanics would be very meh, people got better at handling that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Shows the broken bosses. Not hardest. Broken =/= hard

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then you missed the disclaimer of "DISCLAIMER: This thread is not trying to measure difficulty." - and I swear a ton of people will disagree with you
    I thought I was using the most obvious sarcasm in the universe. I apologize.

Extra funny is that I wrote that disclaimer.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-the-longest

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    I would have to put Mythic Archimonde up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Hardest boss tuning and mechanics wise: Archimonde
    Hardest boss mechanics wise: Lei Shen
    Hardest boss tuning wise: Lich King 0%, Ragnaros, Archimonde hard to say

opinion
    These are some good opinions.

Top guilds have claimed several times that "this is the hardest boss ever" and people are understandably skeptical of these claims ("you say that every tier").

The problem is, as players become better and their resources become better, the same level of difficulty isn't as much of a challenge as it used to be.
    There are better options to maximize your numbers (optimizing both gear and rotation) using simcraft; there are easier ways to deal with coordination mechanics using various addons.
    The weakauras used today simplify the fights by a huge margin.

As a result, to challenge players with this much experience, sophisticated addons and optimized characters, Blizzard has to come up with harder and harder bosses.

Lich King, Ragnaros and Lei Shen were all the hardest bosses of all times when they came out, but they have been overshadowed since.

Archimonde is probably the hardest boss so far overall.
    Numbers/tuning wise, Blackhand might give him a run for his money.

All the bosses from before heroic mode was introduced late in Wrath don't have any place in this discussion.
    That is not to say that raiding was easy back then, but the difficulty came from different sources than the encounters themselves.
    If a boss didn't die for 80 days, it was because there weren't any serious attempts for 79 days (for various reasons).

I dont know rly its very subjective I mean LK HC was prolly one of the most difficult bosses ever if not the hardest but nowadays if I had the same group with the same knowledge as back then then I'd kill him much much easier.

It seems like wow has stepped up in difficulty.

So its a very hard pick and I'd have to say so far the most difficult fight i've encountered with arguably no way of beating it is COS +15 last boss on tyranical.

For me personally... in a guild group, not a pug and using progress boss's

This will sound stupid....

But Heroic Xav..... yes you read that right

Heroic X is the boss thats taken longest to down while I've been in a guild group, closely followed by Festerface normal... then nightbane. Honestly, I got LK 10 man HC (no nerf) down faster than this bastard.

I'd like to add (in my defence) that each of these I've downed I feel my personal performance was enough, just I've always been medium / casual (?) progress guilds? usually ranked 20-50 on the server (current one 64)

Deleted
    Heroic Lich King destroyed my guild. No other boss has managed that ever since.

"Algalon is so OP that...
    • he uses Saurfang as a Mount.
    • The author of the comment above has been cleaved in half for suggesting Saurfang could be a mount.
    • Algalon has Hogger for a non combat pet.
    • I heard that when Algalon wipes a raid, he loots THEM and puts a screenshot up on his website.
    • Algalon can divide by zero.
    • If Algalon was a DK his ghoul would be Michael Jackson.
    • Algalon uses Chuck Norris as a fist weapon."

~ Revanche

"Hard mode rewards will be the best in the game.

With that said, I want to be sure that everyone understands: Hard mode is hard. Some hard modes are harder than others. Then there's Algalon the Raid Destroyer.
    He feeds off of your tears."

~ Blizz blue note

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Heroic Ragnaros or Heroic Lei Shen.

Closely tied with Mankrik's wife.

I think this is a hard topic to debate, everyone will have their own bosses they struggled with the most. But also due to the changeing dynamic of WoW it self, but also the player and their commitment changed alot.

As far as i know in Vanilla a hardcore WF raiding guild like Nihilum raided between 5-7 days during progress, but only from like 18:00 or 19:00 till 01:00 or something along those lines. No daytime raiding, no taking off 2 weeks, in today's views these guilds would probably be called Semi Hardcore. I don't think this really changed untill the first tier of Cataclysm where (i believe) Paragon was the first guilld to go all out with daytime raiding, taking days off and really made it a "Progress Race", with the other top guilds following suit.

After that came extra stuff like split raiding and now M+ farming, which brought up the gear level that top guilds start a instance with to a whole new level, and probably enables them to kill bosses at a much higher pace than they would be able to if split raids and M+ would not be available.

Then ofc some bosses (most noteably LK and other ICC bosses, but also Vael in BWL for example) were walled behind limited attempts or a limited timeframe or only became available after a artificial gate was dropped (Sunwell).

Addons also are playing a lot bigger role than that they did in earlier content (although Legion limits it a bit again), and not to forget player skill, character optimalisation which all seem to be at a much higher level than was available esp in Vanilla / TBC and Wrath.

I think all these Dynamics make it very hard to point out a definitive "hardest boss of all times", All if not most of the Tier End bosses (Maybe with the exception of Wrath Tier 1, as Sartharion was not considered the Tier end Boss, but was the hardest one of that tier with 3 Drakes) have always been hard for their timeframe, but should they be released now, alot of them would probably be considered very easy