Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How should cloned Neanderthals be dealt with?

Say someone theoretically manages to gather enough genetic material to produce twenty Neanderthal embryos which are grown within artificial wombs. The babies come into world seemingly healthy with no birth defects or foreseen health issues.

A stupid, hypothetical question, I know, but indulge it a bit. How would you handle it (assuming it happened within your country), if you had the authority to do something about it. Not a question about what your government (depending on your nationality) would/could probably do, but how would you personally respond to the birth of an extinct archaic human.

Deleted
    They should be treated like any other person.

The issue right now is, as far as I'm aware, we've never cloned anything at the macro level that wasn't just taking a different ova and injecting other genes to see what would stabilize. It's not like we literally have those tanks you see in scifi where they drop some DNA and suddenly it forms into an embryo.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Make them slaves. Whoever cloned them literally owns them.

Treat them as best as you can, and i would assume they would behave almost like an autistic person high in the spectrum, so they would require alot of help in today's world (that is if they keep the "exact" same genetic they had back in the days).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Treat them as best as you can, and i would assume they would behave almost like an autistic person high in the spectrum, so they would require alot of help in today's world (that is if they keep the "exact" same genetic they had back in the days).
    they actually weren't any dumber than us

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The issue right now is, as far as I'm aware, we've never cloned anything at the macro level that wasn't just taking a different ova and injecting other genes to see what would stabilize. It's not like we literally have those tanks you see in scifi where they drop some DNA and suddenly it forms into an embryo.
    The concept of a hypothetical question is not that complicated.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

There are plenty of people stupider than neanderthals and we still give them human rights so something that close assuming they have some sort of inteligence they should get some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    I'm a high-functioning autistic person...

Well, technically I guess they would be "non-human" so they would be treated like any non-human animal.
    It would no doubt turn into some form of political shitstorm were some would use them as slaves and some would oppose this... You know, "fun" stuff like that.

It would probably be a bad idea to clone them even if we could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    get burned ? xd

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Debatable.
    Just some rough research but neanders had more cranial capacity than us and IQ mildly correlates with cranial capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I ight have mixed up my things, i was reffering to the kind of people that have trouble feeding themselves, require medical assistance all day around and stuff like that. Obvisouly not the the people that can live happily w/o too much help for others
    Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Only within species.
    Given they're a close cousin I wouldn't expect much difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Many post on this forum everyday

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't allow it. They lost the evolutionary lottery and it would be probably impossible to catch them up after all this time. It seems like their lives would be pretty terrible and pointless, a horrible thing to bring back a sentient creature for. At least non-hummanoid animals tend to actually have a purpose.

considering white people have neanderthal dna and im a white person. id prolly fuck one. atleast once, for science.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    considering white people have neanderthal dna and im a white person. id prolly fuck one. atleast once, for science.

you will be Shepard

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Just some rough research but neanders had more cranial capacity than us and IQ mildly correlates with cranial capacity
    Corvids (crows/ravens) have significantly smaller brains than most monkeys but outperform them in most cognitive tests. This isn't to say that Neanderthals were less intelligent than anatomically modern humans, I was just critiquing your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I wouldn't allow it. They lost the evolutionary lottery
    how did they lose when almost everyone in europe have traces of neanderthal dna?
    they live on through us.

they didnt lose, they just bred with us.

did grey wolfs "lose the lottery" because we made them fuck into dogs? no, theyre just dogs now.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552