10+ Year Old Account
    I just have my own personal preference for pulse rifles/scout rifle primaries and fusion rifles for secondary. I'll switch out if i get bored of em or if i need a specific burn type.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

You can solo The Dark Belows raid on the moon but it takes some trickery like using a certain hunter spec to blink over a wall from a rock to skip and area followed by swapping spec and having a certain pair of exotic boots to clear a huge area and land in one point where you can farm down enemies to open a door to the final area.

10+ Year Old Account
    are legendary/exotic weapon perks generated randomly or are they always the same for specific weapons ?

not entirely random, you wont get a rocket launcher with firefly or hand cannon with cluster rockets but there is a random element to each weapon with exotics allowing you to reroll it using an item from Xur. Basically you can get the same legendaries often but rarely with identical stats and bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are the ways to obtain legendary marks ? how do dailies/weeklies work exactly ?

its confusing to me because today i have completed both clash and mayhem clash (won both) and didnt receive any marks. im still lvl 35 and 172 light so cant do other activities like heroic strikes.

so what can i do daily/weekly (solo and matchmaking) to get dem legendary marks ?

Exotic weapons have the same perks.

A daily will reward marks once a day and heroic strikes will reward marks for the first three of the week. If I recall the weekly Crucible is also three although it does not show. Marks are also rewarded on the first gold public event of the day and at least a high chance of a legendary engram. Dismantling a legendary will give you three marks if not leveled and fully leveled legendaries give you five marks.

Weapon and armor parts which can be bought from the gunsmith are cost effective glimmer wise for leveling a reputation(Future War Cult, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy). -It is cost effective to buy heavy ammo synths from Variks at the Reef if you have surplus Ether Seeds.
    Exotics have a chance to reward an extra exotic shard when fully leveled. You do not have to purchase the traits to receive this bonus. Buying a heavy exotic with glimmer and an exotic shard from the kiosk and using an appropriate leveling boost for said heavy weapon along with using motes of light to level the exotic is one way to farm shards. Just remember it is not guaranteed to grant you a shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what are the ways to obtain legendary marks ? how do dailies/weeklies work exactly ?

its confusing to me because today i have completed both clash and mayhem clash (won both) and didnt receive any marks. im still lvl 35 and 172 light so cant do other activities like heroic strikes.

so what can i do daily/weekly (solo and matchmaking) to get dem legendary marks ?
    To be honest legendary marks are not the carrot they used to be. Time was purple engrams were rare, and in the early days had a very high chance of blue items. So saving up legendary marks to buy the vanguard gear was the way you geared up. Now you can just farm things like archons forge for legndaries, keep want you want and break down the others for marks that will be used for infusion, not buying gear.

Basically it sums up as this: Base Destiny was a mess in a lot of ones, one was a poorly designed mark grind for weapons and gear, during The Taken King activision 'borrowed' a few people behind the huge revamp that saved the sinking ship that was Diablo 3 from Blizzard to tell them how a better system should work and now its all about farming engrams diablo style. blue are for parts, purples are for marks, both used to infuse the items you want to keep.

Your best bet right now is check the destiny reddit for the skeleton key list. Run siva strikes till you get a skeleton key, check the list for the set chest items from each dungeon and pick whats right for you and that will be the thing you infuse for the most part.

Case in point my Hunter got the helm of Moloch and the white Siva marked solar sniper rifle that shreds fallen/splicers. I got that, i infused into that first and get it as my highest damage secondary and any other secondary i use is an exotic like the sidearm or a legendary from a rep rank up package or a random engram or one of the small list of weapons from archons forge events. You can still farm the things to do on the bottom left of the map 3 times a week for marks now and then but really just doing the strikelist for the keys and the free lockbox gets you enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    other classes than hunter seem worse to me based on jump alone. having glide instead of double (or even triple) jump is a no-go. its like choosing between double jump and glide on demon hunter in WoW. ofc i would choose DJ, the glide is only an icing on the cake.

this goes for both pvp and pve, especially the latter one. jump makes a huge difference

Hunter triple jump is amazing. I thought my warlock had mobility until I tried that out, good god.

10+ Year Old Account
    jump mechanics varied by classes kinda suck cuz id like to try out sunsinger warlock, but warlock jump is literally the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Hunter triple jump is amazing. I thought my warlock had mobility until I tried that out, good god.
    Soloi'ng Crotas end taught me you can make that a quadruple jump, that stuff is game breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you folks aren't 400/400/400 yet, banner next week. AND It'S FUCKING RIFT! YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    If any of you folks aren't 400/400/400 yet, banner next week. AND It'S FUCKING RIFT! YES!!
    Ugh i hate rift.

"The spark is charging"
    "The enemy has the spark!"
    "Protect your runner!"

repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought 3 exotic helms from xur for 29 coins each. they are lvl 20 tho year 1 i guess. any way to infuse them up to lvl 40 400 light or did i just waste my coins ? what else can i do with them ?

i also bought the shotgun but it suxx dik omg i literally hit the ceiling with that recoil

- - - Updated - - -

btw does any1 know the name of the track in this video ?
    https://youtu.be/ynKAyLr-Glk?t=310
    since 5:10

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    i bought 3 exotic helms from xur for 29 coins each. they are lvl 20 tho year 1 i guess. any way to infuse them up to lvl 40 400 light or did i just waste my coins ? what else can i do with them ?

i also bought the shotgun but it suxx dik omg i literally hit the ceiling with that recoil

- - - Updated - - -

btw does any1 know the name of the track in this video ?
    https://youtu.be/ynKAyLr-Glk?t=310
    since 5:10
    No, you just wasted a bunch of strange coins. Never but the legacy ingram unless you have tons of strange coins to spare and you feel like collecting the year 1 crap. The music playing is just the game music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, you just wasted a bunch of strange coins. Never but the legacy ingram unless you have tons of strange coins to spare and you feel like collecting the year 1 crap. The music playing is just the game music.
    i know its game music, but which track from the soundtrack exactly.

wait so theres nothing i can do with those exotics ? why would i want to collect them ?

They have added one or two exotics in later content thats an update and if you have the year one version you can just buy the updated one for an exotic shard, its how i got a years 2 hand canon if memory serves, it was just in the weapons kiosk.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know its game music, but which track from the soundtrack exactly.

wait so theres nothing i can do with those exotics ? why would i want to collect them ?
    If they have a "Year 2" version (Level 40) you can but that version with exotic shards by owning Year 1 (Level 20). The kiosks are on the same room as the Class Vanguards.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah pay attention to the description of the engram when buying from Xur. If it says Legacy Engram then its Level 20, its usually there just for collecting, though line dope_danny said that can sometimes also be usuful to get Year 2 versions of Year 1 gear by using the Kiosks.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i got the ram helm for warlock, something arachnid for hunter and another one for warlock which is black, cant remember the name.

- - - Updated - - -

is there any way to change appearance of your armor and weapons ? not just shaders but something more like transmog in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    If they have a "Year 2" version (Level 40) you can but that version with exotic shards by owning Year 1 (Level 20). The kiosks are on the same room as the Class Vanguards.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah pay attention to the description of the engram when buying from Xur. If it says Legacy Engram then its Level 20, its usually there just for collecting, though line dope_danny said that can sometimes also be usuful to get Year 2 versions of Year 1 gear by using the Kiosks.
    Sure as shit beat having to do the last word quest again