Poll: Do you still enjoy dungeons?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Saying players can just limit themselves IS missing the point.

High end PvE, and in particular mythic raids, are a dog-eat-dog competition with your teammates to be good enough not to get sat. If you take it easy and don't do what needs to be done to maximize your gear, you risk that fate.

As long as the game has a segment designed around this sort of cutthroat competition, players who play that part of the game "as intended" will be at risk for burnout in uncapped content.
    And they accept that. But VERY few players really need to play at that level. Most of the ones who complain about it aren't hardcore, they're tryhardcore. THOSE people CAN limit themselves. Hell, so can the truly hardcore. They can always choose NOT to be so hardcore. If they really hate the time and effort it takes to raid at an elite level then they can act like an adult and say "You know...I'm not having fun anymore. I'm not going to do this." But saying that because they don't like it other people should play by their rules is selfish.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-11-28 at 04:21 AM.

High end PvE, and in particular mythic raids, are a dog-eat-dog competition with your teammates to be good enough not to get sat. If you take it easy and don't do what needs to be done to maximize your gear, you risk that fate.

As long as the game has a segment designed around this sort of cutthroat competition, players who play that part of the game "as intended" will be at risk for burnout in uncapped content.
    But installing the cap is against what blizzard is trying to implement in legion which is "If you miss one day you're not going to be fucked." which is what would happen if a cap is in place. The groups you're talking about will have had their dungeons runs done on Tuesday/Wednesday (depending on zone) essentially leaving the rest of the week pretty much empty. If someone in said group can't make Tuesday that week because of real life issues then those who will in this build go back and help them, will in the one with the cap just not be able to do it or not bother if there is nothing in it for them.

So no asking for a cap is just a terrible idea, and if people are burning themselves out then maybe they should take a look at themselves and ask if they really need t o do the 10 dungeons per day.

Deleted

It's their choice to be that competitive, and it's their choice to burn out like that. It's not Blizzard's responsibility to babysit them.

They can either own up to their decision and put in the time and not complain, or take a step back and not put such ridiculous expectations on themselves. Almost no-one cares whether or not you're a "hardcore raider" anyway except you and perhaps your closest friends.

I like Mythic plus, but that's probably because I haven't spammed them continually.

Each week it's normally do a few keys between 8-10 for the weekly cache and aim for 3 chests. Then we do a Karazhan. We might stop Kara once everyone has their Nighbane mounts, though a few of us want Midnight (and only 1 has dropped so far).
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I find heroics quickly feel useless, yet mythics and mythic+ just feels like a massive PITA chore to either get into one or find one.

The way I see it, if there's a tool I'm going to refresh continually to either grab randoms to join me, or join some randoms group...why not just let me queue, for base mythics at least.

mythic+ should be the manual group progression content, IMO.

EDIT: That said, I'm glad some of the mythic only dungeons are getting heroic modes, I just wish there was something to make doing them feel worth it once you progress past the dropped gear (Hell, I've progressed past mythics dropped gear outside of 1 or 2 slots...and I still seem to be under what alot of people want for gear level, haha).

I really miss the late wrath/cata currency and gear vendor systems.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I mean you made no point other than "I want a cap, so Cap everyone else as well!" which is both idiotic and selfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Are you having trouble counting to 5?
    Non-arguments: check. Shitposting: check.

On ignore you go because you have nothing of value to say.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats fine. Frankly they should maybe move away from that buti dont care. To suggest that tiny segment of the population should have other elements of the game catered to fit their playstyle is disgusting and is the road to WoD. Everything else is useless so a tiny whiny segment of the playerbase doesnt feel put out. Boo hoo. The fact they feel forced to do this content is a good sign. It means its worth doing.

It comes down to choice. Casual were told raid or gtfo as a choice in WoD. Unsurprisingly they got the hint and got the fuck out. In legion hardcores are offered a much better choice. Play hardcore or play suboptimally. Thats a much better choice for everyone even if it kinda sucks for them!

Look Legion has many issues. Too much rng. Slightly alt unfriendly. No flying. Suramar is dog shit. The one problem it doesnt have is that other stuff isnt worthless. The trend of neutering non raid content of any decent reward seems to have abated. Now ive got lots of qualms with how they did it but they at least appear to have recognized the principle that constantly gutting reward schemes from other peoples content leaves them pissed off and more.importantl with nothing to do.

They seem to think they can make everyone happy well i disagree but if they decide to cater to casuals or cater better to how i like to play then the fraction of the fraction of players who are butthurt about being forced to do shit are kinda gonna have to go fuck themselves. Or learn some self control. *shrug* bring on the loot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    Non-arguments: check. Shitposting: check.

On ignore you go because you have nothing of value to say.
    I gave you an argument. You just failed to back yours up, got butthurt you couldnt and put me on ignore apparently. Maybe its for the better. You can practice counting to 5
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-11-28 at 06:06 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only just completed Karazhan for the first time today and tried out Mythic + for the first time as well so everything is still fresh for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I do still enjoy them but I can understand how some people are feeling burned out. Blizzard has a really bad habit of swinging to extremes to fix past problems. They do it with different types of content in every expansion and I think this expansions extreme are the way dungeons are handled, particularly mythic plus and the RUSH mentality.

I really miss when dungeons were an experience and it wasn't about rushing through to the end of the dungeon as fast as possible and being as efficient as possible for the sake of farming gear. I don't think there's any way to fix that anymore though. The way the game is played has changed drastically over the years and more so than ever it's all about how quickly and efficiently you can acquire gear.

The focus has sort of changed from where originally it was the journey that you played for and experienced with friends to more of a race to reach end game and obtain the best gear possible.

I enjoy both modes of game play but I feel like if I want to experience more of a "journey" I'll just have to play other games to get that sort of feel from a game.
    I agree with this very much

I like the dungeons in Legion a lot! I haven't burned myself out on them like some people, but I do still run a few every week for the cache, world quests etc. I'm not that proactive in running a lot of dungeons for AP and legendaries, but I think I'd like to be a bit more if I had a group of friends that were on enough to run them with me! Otherwise, I don't tend to like to turn to premade groups, since you never know what'll happen. Still, mythic+ has been a lot of fun, changing it up every week!

M+ is my favorite part of WoW atm, and Karazhan is amazing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Dungeons are fine. Mythic 1 is boring as fuck, but I'm greatly enjoying M+!

Now if only they could tune some bosses better, esp with Tyrannical, to not be virtually impossible, and abolish a few affixes because they're incredibly stupid.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Love the m+ system and there is no need to limit them. M+ is really the only reason my group plays wow to be honest.

I want to like them but even as a way, way overgeared tank I avoid doing random queue because there's multiple dungeons where everyone expects you to skip trash and use nearly-exploitive shortcuts when the trash in question isn't even that big a deal. Makes the entire process stressful.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I want to like them but even as a way, way overgeared tank I avoid doing random queue because there's multiple dungeons where everyone expects you to skip trash and use nearly-exploitive shortcuts when the trash in question isn't even that big a deal. Makes the entire process stressful.
    Really? I think of that as a positive, a sign of the creativity players are using to complete them now. Skipping trash when you're trying to 3-chest a +7 run is absolutely a big deal. Some skips are easier to execute than others. One bad step can be the difference between saving time or losing it.

M+ requires us to dig deep into our bag of tricks, kiting, CCing, bubble-taunting, invis-potting, pre-potting, and even corpse running. Most engaging content in the game at the moment, inspiring the most creative gameplay.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post

I enjoy both modes of game play but I feel like if I want to experience more of a "journey" I'll just have to play other games to get that sort of feel from a game.
    There being no journey and just a rush to end game(the worst part of the game) made me lose all interest in any WOW-style MMO.

lets be honest unless you are in top world 10 guild you are not competing with anyone but yourself - nobody care for guild that are below world 3 or world 5th .

if you want to pose as hardcore play as one - simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    There being no journey and just a rush to end game(the worst part of the game) made me lose all interest in any WOW-style MMO.
    If you haven't already tried it FFXIV is great. There's a main story throughout the entire leveling experience and it ties into pretty much everything you do. Besides the main story quests there's also class quests for every class and even professions have their own quests. All the while being able to play every single class on a single character and of course the wonderful setting that is Final Fantasy.

what keeps me from burning out is finding out best routes how to pull with a certain make up and such its a nice thing that or pushing higher keys

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty tired of them now. I think the major problem is that most major questlines force you back into mythic dungeons as a gating mechanic.