Thread: Attonement Bug

Attonement Bug

Hi guys!
    Im playing disc for long time.And in legion i found some mathematic bug in calculation of healing thought the priest damage.
    So look at this screenshot please.

imgur.com/a/shOZ8

Sorry that it is in russian language.But still as you can see i have 54,1% Attonement healing throught the damage.In my combat log i casted Attonement on my self and hit dummy with Smite. Now some calculation from my combat log : Smite damage=120825 ,Attonement healing from it=55523.Now we take calculator, and do this - (55523/120825)*100 =45,95%.

SO, in the spell book it says it 54,1%, BUT in fact it is 45,95%.
    Please correct me or explain if i think wrong.Or fix it please. Thank You.

Extra damage from your artifact level doesn't translate to atonement healing.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Where i can read that officially?

Test it. If you deal an extra 15% dmg from your artifact, calculate how much Smite does as a base.

Your atonement healing will be correct from that.

Why not? Does the healing bonus affect it?

If the healing and damage worked it would be pretty heavy double dipping. Blizzard have stated before that's one thing they always try to avoid.

So the healing bonus does effect the atonement, but not the damage.

Test it. If you deal an extra 15% dmg from your artifact, calculate how much Smite does as a base.

Your atonement healing will be correct from that.
    It is correct my art lvl is 33 so it is 16% bonus damage.
    But why bonus damage does not scale to healing ? Again need official bliz post or info about it.Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrac View Post
    It is correct my art lvl is 33 so it is 16% bonus damage.
    But why bonus damage does not scale to healing ? Again need official bliz post or info about it.Please.
    They said it multiple times, it's also why 35+ give both damage and healing but attonenent only benefits from +healing. It's common knowledge, therefore, do the searching yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    They said it multiple times, it's also why 35+ give both damage and healing but attonenent only benefits from +healing. It's common knowledge, therefore, do the searching yourself.
    If it so then bonus damage from the artifact means NOTHING for disc, just a waste.

Well, being able to do more damage is always nice. Speeds up the run. Also makes questing faster.

So it's not useless at all.

Well, being able to do more damage is always nice. Speeds up the run. Also makes questing faster.

So it's not useless at all.
    Are you serious?Questing?That is ridiculous.PvE content > Questing. What help i can bring to my raid, doing the worst hps and making some 100k-150k dps?

Ah shit good point. I completely forgot that as soon as you step into EN all world quests and content is locked and you can never do it again on your character. How silly of me.

Are you serious?Questing?That is ridiculous.PvE content > Questing. What help i can bring to my raid, doing the worst hps and making some 100k-150k dps?
    Are you serious? You seriously have no idea what you are talking about if you can't see the use of healing and doing dps at the same time.
    Look at warcraft logs and look at the best healers on EN, a lot of them are disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    In that case couldn't they have avoided this whole confusion by having atonement not list the +healing from the artefact and just indirectly benefit from the increased damage? (Yes, that would nerf damage trinkets further, but that would be just a balancing matter and since they have special damage values for Disc only, anyway, that really isn't enough justification for being misleading in the most basic tooltips for the spec.)

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    In that case couldn't they have avoided this whole confusion by having atonement not list the +healing from the artefact and just indirectly benefit from the increased damage? (Yes, that would nerf damage trinkets further, but that would be just a balancing matter and since they have special damage values for Disc only, anyway, that really isn't enough justification for being misleading in the most basic tooltips for the spec.)
    They could, but kindly complain to them not us, we can't do anything for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Performing badly has little to do with the spec, it's yourself. Read a guide or something, thanks.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL 100-150k dps as a healer does not help the raid.

On another note as a typical elitist pig, L2P if you're always worst hps. K thanks.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    They could, but kindly complain to them not us, we can't do anything for you.
    How did you take that post as a complain directed at you?
    And didn't you inform me just a few days ago that you are supposedly ignoring me since 2013?

If it so then bonus damage from the artifact means NOTHING for disc, just a waste.
    It's the same either way. Look at how twist of fate works too:

Lets say you do smite for 100k damage, and you have enough mastery to make Atonement exactly 50%. So your smite will heal for 50k

So Twist of Fate can increase the damage and that damage increase transfer through Atonement, but ToF not affect Atonement healing, then you can have the smite do 120k damage, 50% of which is 60k healing.
    OR Twist of Fate can increase the damage but that damage increase doesn't transfer, and instead the ToF buff DOES affect Atonement healing, then you can have the smite do 120k damage, but only the original 100k gets transferred to Atonement, which gives you 50k healing, and then increase that by 20%, giving you 60k healing.

Either way, it's the same result.

The same goes for the Forbidden Flame trait.

The reason they do this is because they don't want it to get twice as much benefit out of thing's that increase both our damage and our healing, eg. Twist of Fate, because that would mean they'd have to balance those around our atonement healing, which would make them too weak for non Atonement healing.
    For example, if Twist of Fate was to benefit atonement healing twice, to keep it balanced for Atonement healing, you'd need to nerf it to about a 9.54% increase to damage and healing, instead of 20% (100k dmg *0.5*1.0954 = 54.77k healing*1.0954 = 59.999k healing)
    This leaves Twist of Fate relatively weak for your non-atonement healing, such as Shadow Mend, PWS, etc, since it would then only increases them by about 10%, instead of 20%.

The reason that the damage increase from each artifact trait level doesn't affect Atonement healing is because that increase is intentionally not meant to affect any classes primary role: For tanks and healers it increases damage, and for DPS it increases stamina. If that trait was allowed to increase disc's atonement healing, it would mean that disc was the only spec that got a direct benefit for it's role from that increase.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered