10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    I just started it and the beach scenes with the little kid has me worried it looks like a badly done student film. I'm out.

Can they please stop with the one character focus episodes, they are nice as a one off but not back to back to back

Edit* skimming through it, this would fall under the textbook definition of "Filler"
    Its the biggest filler episode in a season of fillers. The only stuff you need to know can be answered in the preview, the only thing that actually adds to the story could be answered in about 30 sec and not exactly a spoiler if I were to say it right now. Actually we did already say it..I should have watched Westworld..

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    I just started it and the beach scenes with the little kid has me worried it looks like a badly done student film. I'm out.

Can they please stop with the one character focus episodes, they are nice as a one off but not back to back to back

Edit* skimming through it, this would fall under the textbook definition of "Filler"
    this is the mentality of the show ever since scott gimple took over. as i said in a previous post:

Season begins with something big!
    Rest of the first half is "character development" or some unecessary stuff (fuck you prison virus! fuck you!)
    Mid season finale = everything comes together

then:

Mid season premiere = continuation of said backlash
    most of 2nd part of season = continuation of plot to move things along and get to important part needed and end on a cliffhanger.

so to make the long story short.... as long as gimple is on, expect this layout until he's replaced.

Yeah... I'm getting tired of this.

I really like Tara too, think the actress does a fine job, but there aren't really any of the actors in TWD that I think can carry their own episode EXCEPT maybe Melissa McBride.

But I guess they needed to figure out some way around the unnecessary change of having Negan steal all of their weapons in the show vs the comics. I do think they need to be careful about just introducing show-only entire communities that serve as little more than plot points, due to how Negan ultimately falls. Now that there's an entire OTHER community being terrorized by Negan, its on the cusp of completely being unrealistic with how his group somehow keeps THIS many people in line.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-28 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I really like Tara too, think the actress does a fine job, but there aren't really any of the actors in TWD that I think can carry their own episode EXCEPT maybe Melissa McBride.

But I guess they needed to figure out some way around the unnecessary change of having Negan steal all of their weapons in the show vs the comics. I do think they need to be careful about just introducing show-only entire communities that serve as little more than plot points, due to how Negan ultimately falls. Now that there's an entire OTHER community being terrorized by Negan, its on the cusp of completely being unrealistic with how his group somehow keeps THIS many people in line.
    Oceanside is in the comics. Just not at the point the show is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Oceanside is in the comics. Just not at the point the show is at.
    Is it? I've read the entire comic and I cannot remember a single thing about them.

Edit: Went back and checked the wiki, and I remember why I cannot recall them. Literally nothing seems to happen with them except a blurb about Michonne helping them fish and them trading fish with the other communities.

I can't even tell...after reading the wiki...are they even involved in the Saviors arcs? I don't think so, but even the wiki doesn't explain anything about them. I can't tell if its just incomplete or its just reflective of why I can't recall a single thing about them from the comics.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-28 at 11:15 AM.

I thought it was a good episode for the most part.. but as always, someone does something that makes no sense. Why didn´t Tara just carry forward with the plan.. take the two others to Alexandria and make a deal for fish. In her perspective, they had destroyed the saviors and now only needed food

I still think the whole Negan thing is stupid. A guy terrorizes groups, has members of those groups join him after doing aweful things.. then walks around with a baseball bat while all those former enemies have guns. Someone would have killed him long ago. I understand that is probably what is going to happen by Dwight.. but that would have happened before he ever had chance to build a big army.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I thought it was a good episode for the most part.. but as always, someone does something that makes no sense. Why didn´t Tara just carry forward with the plan.. take the two others to Alexandria and make a deal for fish. In her perspective, they had destroyed the saviors and now only needed food

Cos the 2 women were gonna execute her ?

This show just keeps surprising me how they manage to pull off bigger filler episodes, as if we don't have enough camps so far this season. What was even the deal with killing off all the man? How did the women still have all these weapons without the Saviours knowing? Why did Tara run off while she could've just tried to form an alliance with her community? This actually makes me want to watch Fear The Walking Dead instead which at this point is a more enjoyable show...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Is it? I've read the entire comic and I cannot remember a single thing about them.

Edit: Went back and checked the wiki, and I remember why I cannot recall them. Literally nothing seems to happen with them except a blurb about Michonne helping them fish and them trading fish with the other communities.

I can't even tell...after reading the wiki...are they even involved in the Saviors arcs? I don't think so, but even the wiki doesn't explain anything about them. I can't tell if its just incomplete or its just reflective of why I can't recall a single thing about them from the comics.
    Yeah there isn't much about oceanside in the comic. They are being expanded on in the TV show because Alexandria needs a way to re-arm after Negan took everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was so boring I came in to this thread before it even finished to say how bored I am. This season...

The little girl was edgy as fuck. Natural born killer :P

Rolled my eyes so hard at the first part.

"But we are supposed to! .... and I want to!" uuuuugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Rolled my eyes so hard at the first part.

"But we are supposed to! .... and I want to!" uuuuugh...
    Thats why I said in my comment it looked like a badly done student film.

Like they were just going through the motions. "We kill zombies, its what we do now" "look out theres a zombie behide you!"

I just imagined the director telling the kid "Just go over there and stab this stick into the pile of clothes and look like you are really thinking about your actions"

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This was so boring I came in to this thread before it even finished to say how bored I am. This season...
    Last nights episode was really the only bad episode of the season due to the convenience of the finding a well armed group of soldier women to help replace their weapons and ammo that Negan has taken. The rest of the episodes have just been slow and could have been cut to be a bit shorter (IE 90 minutes of Negan in Alexandria). Not every episode needs to be 45 minutes of non stop death and destruction, the first half of the season in build up for the 2nd half. Gotta get all the pieces set up before you can knock them down.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-11-28 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last nights episode was really the only bad episode of the season due to the convenience of the finding a well armed group of soldier women to help replace their weapons and ammo that Negan has taken. The rest of the episodes have just been slow and could have been cut to be a bit shorter (IE 90 minutes of Negan in Alexandria). Not every episode needs to be 45 minutes of non stop death and destruction, the first half of the season in build up for the 2nd half. Gotta get all the pieces set up before you can knock them down.
    I really really hate it when people pull the whole "You just want death and destruction" schtick, but I do appreciate your subjective opinion. The fact ratings are plummeting (albeit to a still large base) is evidence enough that this season is objectively struggling somewhere.

If you want 20 minutes of storyline in a filler 45 minute episode then I'm happy for you.

FWIW my favourite episode is the Beth Daryl episode in season 4.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-11-28 at 09:58 PM.

If someone dies in the mid season finale I might be done with the show.

If tara dies soon I'm defiantly done. Not because I like her. Just because thats shit story telling and they are becoming so predictable it would stop being fun even with Andrew Lincoln acting his nuts off.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I really really hate it when people pull the whole "You just want death and destruction" schtick, but I do appreciate your subjective opinion. The fact ratings are plummeting (albeit to a still large base) is evidence enough that this season is objectively struggling somewhere.

If you want 20 minutes of storyline in a filler 45 minute episode then I'm happy for you.
    Ratings falling doesn't disprove the idea that people are getting bored because of the lack of death/destruction in the episode.

That "schtick" is based on the criticism of people I work with. The majority of the complaints I hear every Monday are variations on the theme of "Rick just needs to fuck them up. I was so bored but kept watching hoping someone was going to die." I've already admitted that there have been parts of episodes that have been cut, the problem is the bar for what some people decide is filler is ridiculously low.

Edit: I seriously don't know why it double posted in the same reply. o.O

Ratings falling doesn't disprove the idea that people are getting bored because of the lack of death/destruction in the episode.

That "schtick" is based on the criticism of people I work with. The majority of the complaints I hear every Monday are variations on the theme of "Rick just needs to fuck them up. I was so bored but kept watching hoping someone was going to die." I've already admitted that there have been parts of episodes that have been cut, the problem is the bar for what some people decide is filler is ridiculously low.

Edit: I seriously don't know why it double posted in the same reply. o.O
    If they'd presented Negan properly, we wouldn't have this whole "Rick needs to get off his !@# and do something instead of crying about it" feeling left over.

In the comics, Rick *DID* try something, and he failed miserably, and it illustrated that Negan wasn't just a caveman with a club, he was a step ahead of Rick at every turn.

And *that* is what gets someone like Rick to give up the fight, to realize he's already lost before even taking a shot.

Nothing this season really... feels right... and changing episodes from one character to another doesn't help things much either.

But they took a shot ... the satellite station. The really bad part is where Negan's men walk around with rifles and shit while he has a roleplay bat. And nobody challenged him. Or just killed him in his sleep.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-29 at 04:46 AM.