Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    i am amazed people calling exorsus/ limit/ etc cheaters when they are performing this exact strat,

Exorsus cannot force helya to continue casting breath after sacrificing tank BECAUSE BLIZZ IS UNABLE TO FIX THE BUG EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW ABOUT THE BUG BEFORE MYTHICS MODE RELEASE.

This is the exact strat all the "CHEATERS" are using , except they cannot execute this strat cause blizz is incompetent and unable to fix the encounter ( to allow helya to conitnue casting breath instead of getting bugged out) in a timely manner. shame on blizz

But they COULD have STOPPED after they realised it was a bug. Based off what their admittance letters stated, they NOTICED this bug over a period of pulls. So this wasn't a case of it happening once by accident and them killing it on that attempt. If that had been the case I'd be right up there with you defending them. But this was a case of them IDENTIFYING the bug and then using it to their benefit.

This makes it an exploit which they then EXPLOITED to get a kill. As for Blizzard knowing about the bug...is there any proof outside of word of mouth that Blizz knew about it beforehand. It's a pretty obscure bug to have a tank die DURING a cast (unless it's a channeled ability) rather than after/at the cast, and doesn't sound like one you'd typically encounter.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They knew about the bug before the encounter was released. The only impetus for them actually fixing it was multiple guilds getting the encounter down thanks to the bug.
    Like I said, then wait for it to be fixed or find another strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    piss off with Ghostcrawler. He does not have anything to do with WoW and the community hated him when he was there.

Waste of front page space
    Why be salty? He offers insight. Whether it be from a Blizzard/WoW standpoint or from a general gaming industry standpoint. It's great to hear about the inner workings of a business given by someone who's both in it and has had lengthy experience. It's great read for the curious and for the many would be developers/publishers we have as current gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thank fuck for the insta Kirin Tor emissary completion. Was getting really pissed off with their new horrible world quest and the lack of world quests for them in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    its just me or the kirin tor are no longer giving the repu token?
    No, they are. The turn in is apparently a little buggy. I turned in on my main, and as I was headed out to do the same on an alt my husband made the same comment as you. No rep token for him. I went to turn in on my alt and I had the rep token choices, but when I looked at his monitor his alt indeed did not. I said I'd look it up on the forums or something and he closed the quest turn in window without completing, then re-opened it again and suddenly the rep token choices were back. So he missed out on his main, but closing and re-opening did the trick for subsequent characters.

That Reaper statue makes me want to BUY, BUY, BUY!

A super tight enrage with gear that is literally very close to the current gearcap (895) seems like a bad idea for me.

This entire fight is grossly overtuned and if it wasn't so overtuned people wouldn't be forced to stack classes out the ass and use cheese strategies to kill it.

Deleted
    world first contender guilds using exploits really puts there skills into question if they have to cheat to come first its just the same as a 100m sprinter taking drugs to win hes exploiting the system. ever since the exploits back in wrath on heroic LK ive lost all respect fo world first contenders cos they will cheat if necessary to get that top spot and if they do they should be named and shamed and banned permanently, cheaters are scum in all games

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    No, the issue is some raider that got banned is telling you that Blizzard is being erratic.
    No, it's just something I have observed over the past decade of erratic/inconsistent enforcement of the rules. Which has come to a head with Helya due to guilds using two different exploits to achieve kills they couldn't have managed legitimately and Blizzard only banning the ones who used one of the exploits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    It's no an exploit.
    Yes it is, it's exploiting the mechanics in a way not intended by the designers in order to trivialise a fight that you are not able to defeat legitimatly. It's the very definition of exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yes it is, it's exploiting the mechanics in a way not intended by the designers in order to trivialise a fight that you are not able to defeat legitimatly. It's the very definition of exploiting.
    They explicitly said "Target's death stopping one cast is consistent with many other abilities out there; it's how WoW works." so if you only cancel 1 ability with a death until it comes off cooldown, it's not a bug.

If the boss stops using the skill for the rest of the fight, then it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Those who got banned, had one tank death to remove the whole breath mechanic from the fight's entire duration.

This guild here, eliminated one single breath, with a tank death. The next breath still came, unlike in the attempts/kills of those who were banned.

Banned Guilds: Used a mechanic that was not working as intended as an advantage, and have both had representatives openly admit they abused a known (if not documented) bug.

Bug has been fixed now, so if a guild wants to burn through all their combat rezzes negating these breath phases, then all the power to them. But they have to do it each time, not once for the whole encounter (the actual bug that was exploited).

Not a hard concept to understand
    Another concept that's not hard to understand: DT had the ability to use the sacrifice strat, those guild that got banned did not. Because that strat bugged the breath. Hence why the question could be raised about the fairness of the race to the guilds involved in this ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    A super tight enrage with gear that is literally very close to the current gearcap (895) seems like a bad idea for me.

This entire fight is grossly overtuned and if it wasn't so overtuned people wouldn't be forced to stack classes out the ass and use cheese strategies to kill it.
    Nothing new

Deleted
    The Kirin Tor Emissary sure was a proper fuck up... this shows again, that not bothering and doing this over the top crap will get you rewarded in the end, did'nt even bother with the quests and now I get it for free :-) Reminds me of the two oranges I got on two alts, the first day I came back from a 5 day pause.

15+ Year Old Account
    But they COULD have STOPPED after they realised it was a bug. Based off what their admittance letters stated, they NOTICED this bug over a period of pulls. So this wasn't a case of it happening once by accident and them killing it on that attempt. If that had been the case I'd be right up there with you defending them. But this was a case of them IDENTIFYING the bug and then using it to their benefit.

This makes it an exploit which they then EXPLOITED to get a kill. As for Blizzard knowing about the bug...is there any proof outside of word of mouth that Blizz knew about it beforehand. It's a pretty obscure bug to have a tank die DURING a cast (unless it's a channeled ability) rather than after/at the cast, and doesn't sound like one you'd typically encounter.
    This. Exactly this. No matter the excuses: most reading people think it was just "once". By far not the case. Those guilds even go on PTR and train hardcore - I would not be surprised if they knew it back then already.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Another concept that's not hard to understand: DT had the ability to use the sacrifice strat, those guild that got banned did not. Because that strat bugged the breath. Hence why the question could be raised about the fairness of the race to the guilds involved in this ban.
    The race is over since the world first, you know.

2 guilds successfully killed Helya without having to abuse anything, but it seems that 3 guilds didn't have the skills required for that so they decided to take a shortcut. I don't see any problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    piss off with Ghostcrawler. He does not have anything to do with WoW and the community hated him when he was there.

Waste of front page space
    Yeah I really don't get the hate. If you don't think anybody should care about his comments, why would you post here thinking people will care about yours?

Waste of comment space...?

Thank gods for the Kirin Tor fix. I only see those stupid sky puzzle WQs for them, and those quests are buggy and awful.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    world first contender guilds using exploits really puts there skills into question if they have to cheat to come first its just the same as a 100m sprinter taking drugs to win hes exploiting the system. ever since the exploits back in wrath on heroic LK ive lost all respect fo world first contenders cos they will cheat if necessary to get that top spot and if they do they should be named and shamed and banned permanently, cheaters are scum in all games
    You mean "I've just jumped on the bandwagon of hating all those who exploit and try to compare it to real life actual cheating". Please stop making out like it affects you so greatly. It doesn't affect you one bit and you are being way to over dramatic about the whole issue at hand.

Yeah. Target's death stopping one cast is consistent with many other abilities out there; it's how WoW works. (WatcherDev)
    Target's death causing the boss to never cast again is a clear bug that removes a mechanic entirely. (WatcherDev)
    Who ever doesn't get this is simply a moron. There's a clear difference here and guilds justifying their actions with that argument are just sore losers.

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Yeah I really don't get the hate. If you don't think anybody should care about his comments, why would you post here thinking people will care about yours?

Waste of comment space...?
    Yes. Your comment is.

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

I'm just wondering how long were going to keep fawning over what Ghostcrawler has to say?

I mean, it's only been 3 years now, maybe it's time to cut the cord. Eh, MMOC Staff?