[Mage] Help with frost dps

I was trying out frost in LFR Nyth just now, did 238k at ilvl 868 without any buff.

Pretty sure i'm playing it horribly wrong as i saw another mage in warcraftlogs use IV twice and has 78% IV uptime while I only have 18% uptime and used it only once.

I also play it like Fire, spamming anything that procs IL trying to imitate a "burn" rotation. So there's that...

-update-

Ok i tried LFR Nythendra again after getting ray of frost and reading abit more. DPS without any buff went from 238k to 278k.

I time RoP+IV to use RoF for the additional 20% from IV and RoP.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...,16&type=auras

my IV uptime increased to 45% from 18% but still not as good, FoF procs also seem rare as hell, should i space out my TV, waterjet and ebonbolt to stretch IV?

any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like i forgot to use frost bomb, went again and used it. dps was around 277k.

doesn't seem like much of a difference.

First tips would be to make your logs public!

oops, changed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm by no means an expert on frost and have about 3 days played at 110, but I've put quite a lot of effort into maximising my DPS for my ilvl.

Here's a log for Ursoc with a similar fight length (don't have many logs on this alt )
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=42

I'm sitting at around 73% uptime on IV there and 70-75% is about my average. My mentality is to use all FoF-generating abilities ASAP without going over the cap. You want to squeeze out as many as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. Ideally, you want at least another round of Frozen Touch/Water Jet/Ebonbolt before IV is over. If you can reach this point you should be good.

Although I personally love the burst damage of RoF, I've found Bone Chilling always nets me higher overall DPS. I think that the time spent casting RoF causes you to miss out on too many FoF opportunities, as well as IV CD reduction from frostbolt crits.

One thing I would ask is, are you getting the most out of Water Jet? You want to use it manually on CD and always aim to get at least 2 FoF procs from it.I tend to cast it when my Frostbolt cast is just before halfway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

I just started frost too, i can usually squeeze in another Frozen Touch. Once i'm done with FT, waterjet, ebon + frozen orb, i rarely get an IL from frost bolts to try to prolong the buff. On the dummy, sometimes i get lucky with another FT but IV is usually ending at this point.

Really sucks though, my luck with IL procs from frost bolts seem low.

Yea i cast water jet only when frost bolt is halfway through casting too, 2 charges no issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    FoF procs also seem rare as hell, should i space out my TV, waterjet and ebonbolt to stretch IV?
    This just sounds weird, seing also as your ice lance is used more than your Frostbolt.

You have so many tools to get you FoF even if they wouldn't pop passively.
    How far are you down your artefact? do you have the 3 FoF thing etc.?

For the rest, Laronda does actually fit what I also aim for in frost.

yea i have the 3 charges.

I spam all my FoF during RoP, and waterjet + TV when they come up. But when everything is on cooldown, my normal frostbolts rarely proc FoF.

Anyway, i tried it during mythic renferal yesterday, 199k dps LOL. Went back to fire for the kill.

My opener is ebonbolt pre pull, then Fbomb, RoP + IV spam IL, TV spam IL, waterjet FB and IL spam again, Frozen Orb, spam IL.

After that I just try to get IL procs from frost bolts and use stuff whenever it's up.

Pretty sure i'm doing it wrong.