Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't quite understand why Square Enix thought Tetsuya Nomura could lead both Kingdom hearts 3 AND a new final fantasy. I guess they didnt want risk it on someone else and Hajime Tabata had proven himself for the task with his work on crisis core and the FF type-0 games.

Finally got updated on my order

Good news! Order number 2555924.6 has been dispatched and is now on its way to you.

The following products have been shipped:

1 x Final Fantasy XV Day One Edition (PS4)

Overnight delievery so will have it tomorrow morning. Guess its bed time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The boomerang controllers where shown at e3 2005, XIII Versus at e3 2006. By time e3 2006 rolled around the ps3 still wasn't out but sony had already back tracked on that terrible controller design and where showing the sixaxis.

Your timeline doesn't add up.
    I went to both E3s, but I could have sworn those were shown off at the same time. I haven't been to an E3 since 2006 as I left the company I worked for (that provided my tickets) in early 2007. I was (and still am) a huge ff fan, so I made it a point both years to see what they were showing off. Its still been 10 years since I saw that cinematic. I'm just happy its finally coming out. I paid it off in trade ins at Gamestop as soon as it was officially announced that it would come out this year, so I'll be picking it up first thing on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    I don't quite understand why Square Enix thought Tetsuya Nomura could lead both Kingdom hearts 3 AND a new final fantasy. I guess they didnt want risk it on someone else and Hajime Tabata had proven himself for the task with his work on crisis core and the FF type-0 games.
    KH3 wasn't even being worked on at the time. Nomura was busy writing and directing KH spinoff games. There was no development team for Versus XIII, as they where busy making Lightning sequels and none of the other teams at square where big enough to handle such a project. There is a reason XV never really entered full development until Lightning Returns was finished, most of the programmers from that team came over.

KH3 didn't even start development until after this game was renamed to XV, and even then it had to completely scrap everything like a a year and a half later as they changed engines. KH3 is the biggest vaporware known to man, shit really has only been in REAL development for like 3 years if that.

Apparently my UCE isn't going to arrive until Thursday so I decided to say 'screw it' and just bought the digital deluxe edition instead. Not only did it let me pre-load it onto my PS4 in advance but it comes with a season pass too and most of the digital stuff. The UCE would have been nice to have but at the time I bought it I was led to believe that it'd be better value for money. It was before the season pass announcement too.

So I won't open it when it arrives and sell it in a year or two for a profit I guess.

KH3 wasn't even being worked on at the time. Nomura was busy writing and directing KH spinoff games. There was no development team for Versus XIII, as they where busy making Lightning sequels and none of the other teams at square where big enough to handle such a project. There is a reason XV never really entered full development until Lightning Returns was finished, most of the programmers from that team came over.

KH3 didn't even start development until after this game was renamed to XV, and even then it had to completely scrap everything like a a year and a half later as they changed engines. KH3 is the biggest vaporware known to man, shit really has only been in REAL development for like 3 years if that.
    From what I remember from interviews Nomura and the KH team were working on versus XIII (later 15) for awhile while planning KH3 on the side. They did the handheld games to tide fans over since handheld games don't take nearly as much time to develop as a console title would have. It wasn't until Nomura left 15 that development actually started for KH3. It's silly to think he wasn't doing anything but the handheld games.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    From what I remember from interviews Nomura and the KH team were working on versus XIII (later 15) for awhile while planning KH3 on the side. They did the handheld games to tide fans over since handheld games don't take nearly as much time to develop as a console title would have. It wasn't until Nomura left 15 that development actually started for KH3. It's silly to think he wasn't doing anything but the handheld games.
    XV didn't even have a real development team until Nomura was off the project. The e3 2013 trailer was literally like 8 months of development, and the game looked like total ass and bare bones in it. If you really think it ever had a development team when it was under Nomura you been drinking the "10 year dev" kool aid pretty hard.

Square was literally in the middle of not knowing how to manage anything. Just look at PS1 and PS2 production from them and then look at PS3 production. Enough said. Their entire internal development team was devoted to the lightning trilogy and some more niche games for the whole gen. All of the KH handheld games where outsourced and not made internally at Square, however Nomura wrote and directed them which means he literally needed to oversee the development of all of them despite them not being internal projects.

XV didn't even have a real development team until Nomura was off the project. The e3 2013 trailer was literally like 8 months of development, and the game looked like total ass and bare bones in it. If you really think it ever had a development team when it was under Nomura you been drinking the "10 year dev" kool aid pretty hard.

Square was literally in the middle of not knowing how to manage anything. Just look at PS1 and PS2 production from them and then look at PS3 production. Enough said. Their entire internal development team was devoted to the lightning trilogy and some more niche games for the whole gen. All of the KH handheld games where outsourced and not made internally at Square, however Nomura wrote and directed them which means he literally needed to oversee the development of all of them despite them not being internal projects.
    I get that they didn't really show us anything for awhile but that doesn't mean they were doing nothing all that time.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I get that they didn't really show us anything for awhile but that doesn't mean they were doing nothing all that time.
    Oh yea? So what did the do before the game was renamed to XV(which is when the game actually started development).

Nomura wrote the backbone of the story... sure.
    They made some cgi scenes of what the game should look like... yep

That's literally it. The project never had a team of programmers working on it to actually make it into a GAME thus it was never really in development until 2012 when the project became XV.

It's no coincidence real development on the game started right when Lightning Returns finished. Square had flat out terrible internal management and had the VAST VAST majority of their internal staff working on the lightning trilogy for the entire gen.

No sane person watches the e3 2013 announcement trailer and thinks it's a game that had been in development for 7 years. The game was running at like 15 fps, had no textures on the majority of objects and showed no rendering past bare bones rooms, models and objects.

Oh yea? So what did the do before the game was renamed to XV(which is when the game actually started development).

Nomura wrote the backbone of the story... sure.
    They made some cgi scenes of what the game should look like... yep

That's literally it. The project never had a team of programmers working on it to actually make it into a GAME thus it was never really in development until 2012 when the project became XV.

It's no coincidence real development on the game started right when Lightning Returns finished. Square had flat out terrible internal management and had the VAST VAST majority of their internal staff working on the lightning trilogy for the entire gen.

No sane person watches the e3 2013 announcement trailer and thinks it's a game that had been in development for 7 years. The game was running at like 15 fps, had no textures on the majority of objects and showed no rendering past bare bones rooms, models and objects.
    Well things definitely changed, only saw one scene in that trailer that I know they kept and it was used in Kingsglaive lol. Course I've kept myself mostly blind so there might be other things.

So show me a major retailer selling the game early in france.

INB4 dude links a story about a mom & pop store selling it early or an online retailer shipping it out a little early. Which I already said can happen, it's just not the majority of the copies out in the wild right now.(which have an ESRB rating, not PEGI and where stolen from shipping partners)

At major retailers it's physically impossible to sell games early legally, due the computers in the store flat out not recognizing the game as purchasable until the street date.
    The last Pokemon game that was suppose to come out the 23rd in Europe...Most of the stores had it for sale before the 23rd or even before the 18th which was the date of the "international" release. I can't show you anything...I'm not gonna go in every store taking pictures because websites for retailers in France are shit.

https://twitter.com/MisterTeamot/sta...933381?lang=fr <- tweet about Pokemon SunMoon the 17th: "So Micromania will sell the games tomorrow but there are already some Leclerc with the game on their shelves."

Doesn't surprise me that the game is already selling here.
    That's France for you.

I like collecting physical media.
    Last edited by bestellen; 2017-05-29 at 01:13 PM.

Gamespot Review....8 out of 10.

The main cons was.
    1) Takes just a bit over 30hours to beat the main story and that's short by Final Fantasy standards.
    2) Main story is lackluster.
    3) Side characters (Ur buddys) are also kinda luck luster.
    3) Lack of items, for example there is a gear menu but barely any gear to get.

I do recommend watching it but I know some will just go (Gamespot bla) and ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It was 10 years ago that they originally talked about it. It was before the release of the ps3. I even got to see the original batarang ps3 controllers (in 3 colors) that Sony were showing off that year. Square's booth had a theater where they showcased the 3 games that were all planned to be part of the ffxiii franchise. The versus one was just a cinematic. From what I remember, it was a male character brooding on a throne. He walked out the throne room and down some stairs to see an army of soldiers aiming weapons at him. When they fired, he was protected by weapons floating around him. Then they showed the logo. From what I remember, ffxiii actually did have gameplay shown and they had models at their booth of Lightning.
    I think your talking about this trailer...

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Found a Best Buy gift card while cleaning out drawers so went ahead and ordered it. Won't play it until I finish Deus Ex and World of Final Fantasy though(very close to beating both).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) Takes just a bit over 30hours to beat the main story and that's short by Final Fantasy standards.
    This can only be proven by comparing your own times with eachother. For me no FF has taken longer than 20 hours to just play the story (except XIII). XIII is the longest in the high 20's low 30's. VII for example on howlongtobeat has an avg of 38½ hours for main story while I personally have 100% that game in less time than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This can only be proven by comparing your own times with eachother. For me no FF has taken longer than 20 hours to just play the story (except XIII). XIII is the longest in the high 20's low 30's. VII for example on howlongtobeat has an avg of 38½ hours for main story while I personally have 100% that game in less time than that.
    Kinda the point, if the avg time for a final fantasy is 40 hours and this clocks in under that than someone like you will beat it quicker.

So no it can't only be proven by comparing your own times. There is a such thing as avg complete time and even you posted one. The avg complete time for most final fantasy's is over 40 hours.

Now like before I am not saying 30 hours is bad. I rather have 30 hours of good story over 40+ hours of fluff. But if this story doesn't hold up (ill judge when I play it) then that is short.

Still deciding if ill go get it tomorrow or not. Gamestop near me will have 1 deluxe edition spare, so I mite get it so I can watch the movie. My list of con's was just based on the review video not my own personal opinion.

I still recommend people watching it before judging it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-28 at 04:38 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Kinda the point, if the avg time for a final fantasy is 40 hours and this clocks in under that than someone like you will beat it quicker
    There is no avg time. There is one time, their time. To know if it's fast or not we need THEIR times in the other FF games. You can't compare their time in FFXV vs avg time in the other games. Their times in the other games might be faster than the avg as well.
    Their times (as well as mine) means nothing if it's not possible to compare the same persons time in every game.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-11-28 at 04:40 PM.

yeah I gotta agree, ignoring side quests and doing only minimal grinding this seems like standard length for Final Fantasy. Kotaku states they spent around 20 hours on the main story and 35 hours on side quests.

There is no avg time. There is one time, their time. To know if it's fast or not we need THEIR times in the other FF games. You can't compare their time in FFXV vs avg time in the other games. Their times in the other games might be faster than the avg as well.
    Their times (as well as mine) means nothing if it's not possible to compare the same persons time in every game.
    Once again not true, you can compare there complete time to other complete times. This isn't the first time we have heard its under 40 hours ether. We don't have to compare there times in other FF games.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-28 at 04:44 PM.

Once again not true, you can compare there complete time to other complete times. This isn't the first time we have heard its under 40 hours ether. We don't have to compare there times in other FF games.
    You can complete the main series up to 9 in easily under 30 hours just by story. 7 can be done in less than 20 without speedrunning. I really don't think 30 hours for story alone is too short.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 04:48 PM.

the bahamut model, ohhhhhh!