Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    The vast majority of gunshot wounds are not fatal. I realize you're very emotional right now because something happened in the world and now you have to post about it online, but still.
    Denial still in vogue then? He walked into melee range of 9 people and stabbed them, now imagine he had a gun that accurately hits 25-50m away.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    melee range
    If this weren't an MMO forum, I might not be chuckling right now.

But it is, and I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

7+ Year Old Account
    If no firearm was used, why are people calling it an active shooter?

Pushing their agenda.

Somali muslim immigrant knife attack = deranged white guy on shooting rampage

Time to ban knives and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    "Federal official told CNN that knife-wielding attacker went on a stabbing rampage at Watts Hall around 10am"

Yet they are still pushing it as a shooting
    That's because it was initially reported over police scanners as an active shooting situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    If this weren't an MMO forum, I might not be chuckling right now.

But it is, and I am.
    What about a truck, isnt that melee range?

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    If the students had guns this wouldn't happen.
    Or it would happen more often, the data is still up in the air on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's because it was initially reported over police scanners as an active shooting situation.
    Yes but then they found out it was a knife attack and yet they still pushed the mass shooting.

Deleted
    That is the society america wants

What about a truck, isnt that melee range?
    ... sorry did you think that was an invitation to the debate about what constitutes arms length? I'm guessing people don't find you very engaging at parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies, as I posted and titled the thread the news of the event was still evolving. It wasn't my intention to be misleading/start a gun or left/right debate. If a mod would like to ammend the title to "Attack" or some such instead of "Shooting," that's fine with me.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    If no firearm was used, why are people calling it an active shooter?

Pushing their agenda.

Somali muslim immigrant knife attack = deranged white guy on shooting rampage
    I live in columbus and have been following live updates from local officials reporting. please show me where it was said to be a somali muslim, because thats not been officially reported.

The reason it was initially reported to be an active shooter was because the university and university police issued an active shooter alert as a response to the attack, which would be the most intelligent and safe reaction to protect students.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    That is the society america wants
    It would be difficult to live in a world without cars and knives so...

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Laws are useless because criminals don't follow them. Nice, I didn't peg you for an anarchist.
    That's not what he said, good job arguing dishonestly.

Yes but then they found out it was a knife attack and yet they still pushed the mass shooting.
    It was still reported to them as an active shooter situation. There were personal reports of gunshots. Until there's a clear news conference, they are not likely to change from previous information.

And now that they have new information, they have changed it:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohi...ter/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/11...tudent-sot.cnn

It's an updated version of the same report, so it will have the same url until they finish with a new article.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2016-11-28 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I live in columbus and have been following live updates from local officials reporting. please show me where it was said to be a somali muslim, because thats not been officially reported.

The reason it was initially reported to be an active shooter was because the university and university police issued an active shooter alert as a response to the attack, which would be the most intelligent and safe reaction to protect students.
    It's been confirmed that the suspect (who is now dead) was of somalian descent. Somalia is one of the most exclusively muslim countries in the world. It's not unreasonable for him to make the assumption, though I don't know why anyone is bristling at him doing so. You can acknowledge that some muslims have violent ambitions without indicting the entire global population of people that practice islam.

Why get so weird about it?

It was still reported to them as an active shooter situation. There were personal reports of gunshots. Until there's a clear news conference, they are not likely to change from previous information.
    Wrong around 11:10 eastern ish police told them it was a knife attack. Drudgereport and Dailymail reported it.

7+ Year Old Account

of course not. They were wetting their panties with the idea that it was a white guy with a gun. heaven forget it was a Muzzie Somali Obama let in doing ISIS' bidding.

goes against their narrative and feels. just like my thread gets locked but this bullshit title is left.

Wrong around 11:10 eastern ish police told them it was a knife attack. Drudgereport and Dailymail reported it.
    And there were still reports by students that they heard shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    of course not. They were wetting their panties with the idea that it was a white guy with a gun. heaven forget it was a Muzzie Somali Obama let in doing ISIS' bidding.

goes against their narrative and feels. just like my thread gets locked but this bullshit title is left.
    Now you are the one making assumptions. You are doing the exact same thing you are accusing them of doing... I love irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Could have been both. Let's not jump to conclusions on incomplete information.

Although it does look like a knife attack, considering only 1 death. On the CNN page, I am seeing no reference to a shooting.

The link clearly has active shooter as part of it, and the article mentions active shooter more than once.

Are you a selective reader by chance?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.