Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Eye of Azshara - the "jump up" question

I recently asked for help for my Eye of A. M+7 key over the group finder feature. I found a very cool group that boosted me, and they did the dungeon in a way that I personally had never seen before. After reaching 100% by pulling enough mobs around Serpentrix they asked me to follow them jumping "up" from the ship wreck, near King Deepbeard, this cut a whole usual path of the dungeon and gave us a huge time advantage.
    My question is, are we talking about bug abusing or this is borderline in your opinion? I was not able to jump up, but I used Shadowstep and I was fine, later on I tried to jump up myself and I felt the jump is way too long to be done (without knowing how to...)
    Sorry for this stupid question, but I feel that those super uber M+ time records that I see are all based on some sort of cheese like this.

No bug abusing or anything. If they didn't check for shortcuts, that's their (Blizzard's) problem. Everbloom in WoD had shortcuts that Blizz did nothing about soo just use it.

Deleted
    This is honestly one of the aspects I really enjoy with the game - and is what makes Mythic+ even more exciting.

To find these shortcuts is just lovable! I remember all the tricks we made in Mists of Pandaria, especially in Shado-Pan Monastery where the priest would cast leap of faith on the 3-seat mount and pull us up etc.

I generally hate shortcuts like this because there is always someone in the group who can't get the jump right and pulls something. This usually ends up costing more time than would have been saved in the first place.

I can see the point of trying with the new M+ system, of course. Still, I dread the words "I know a shortcut".

This is why I wish M+ didn't have a timer. I hate tricky shortcuts and what they do to groups.

Isn't this shortcut counter productive? you lack so much trash for the trash bar skipping it all to the giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Isn't this shortcut counter productive? you lack so much trash for the trash bar skipping it all to the giant
    You basically kill everythign on the Sepentrix vicinity, they you jump up wich saves you the time itd take you to walk from Serpentrix to the giant boss, it does not give you much time, just a min or so.

Deleted
    As someone who has always sucked at platfromers, jumping puzzles and just jumping in general I really can't put into words how much I hate these shortcuts.

got vid on it? need to stack some classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    I am wonderin the same, in EoA you already need to pull extra trash to finish the instance. So instead of going through the cave you pull extra mobs at the front, with the greatest asset of skipping the two connected giants which can be a real pain in the ass at higher mythic level.
    I think it will save a little time (unless the jump is Everbloom style and you spend more time trying to hump the hill instead of fighting your way throgh), but generally I think the saving potential is rather low.

Quote Originally Posted by suzaku0 View Post
    got vid on it? need to stack some classes?
    Demon hunter is great for it, they do it in 2 seconds, warriors can do it, druids can use talent for it when someone is already up.

(and you didn't hear this for me...but just let Demon Hunter jump, get on a 3 person mount and let yourself get swapblasted up while standing on beach)

Deleted
    With the fortified affix the double giant pull will likely wipe you on higher difficulties. I believe Sco even has video about the skip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_M5giDGSl0

Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    Demon hunter is great for it, they do it in 2 seconds, warriors can do it, druids can use talent for it when someone is already up.
    Bolded part... I'm super curious what talent you are thinking of because I'm not sure which one would allow us to get up there with the contingency of a friendly player already being up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Bolded part... I'm super curious what talent you are thinking of because I'm not sure which one would allow us to get up there with the contingency of a friendly player already being up there.
    Wild charge onto a friendly player thats already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by petyrit View Post
    Wild charge onto a friendly player thats already up there.
    Well snapbuckets, it never occurred to me to use it that way >< I've been just using it like the old school warrior charge to automatically turn myself and bosses around. Ima going to go sit in a corner and hang my head in shame now lol

I've found a LOT of jump points in nelth's lair as well, but I've found no applicable use of them other than doing a daily heroic in 3 minutes (maybe rogue hiddappearance farm?)

rogue/warr/dh can use the mushroom at the front after falling down to go up some, or hunter/drood/shaman can use waterwalk+disengage/gust and go up the back wall after falling down
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-11-28 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    With the fortified affix the double giant pull will likely wipe you on higher difficulties. I believe Sco even has video about the skip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_M5giDGSl0
    I guess that does make sense, although it definately seems like you are not supposed to be able to jump up there.

Skip requires DH, Warrior, or Rogue with grapple to jump from the ship to the next boss (Deepbeard) platform. Then swapblaster 3 people via 3-person mount (target person who mounted first). 3 people that are now up top can swapblaster the 2 remaining players.

The skip saves 1-2 minutes depending on whether you plan to skip the two big guys right in front of boss (recommended strat for most people). The time saving isn't huge because you are required to pull some non-optimal trash around Serpentrix for %.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    I've found a LOT of jump points in nelth's lair as well, but I've found no applicable use of them other than doing a daily heroic in 3 minutes (maybe rogue hiddappearance farm?)

rogue/warr/dh can use the mushroom at the front after falling down to go up some, or hunter/drood/shaman can use waterwalk+disengage/gust and go up the back wall after falling down
    explain
    /10chars

I usually do the 2/3 min run on NL as a rogue to farm the hidden articaft, actually the whole process of 5 rogues going that way is actually very fun, and very "rogue".