Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I didn't mean "all of a sudden" as "right now". Thanks for assuming I did, though.

Before WoD, nobody really cared about flying. In fact, people cried that they wanted it removed, because of "ruining world pvp" and such.

But as soon as WoD launched and no flying was announced, everyone flew into a fucking massive shitstorm and people started proclaiming that they're unsubbing because of no flying and OH MY FUCKING GOD HOW DARE BLIZZARD REMOVE FLYING I LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT FLYING UNSUBBING UNSUBBING UNSUBBING and people tossing around buzzwords like "anti-flying" and "pro-flying" and such

I don't get it. Before WoD, flying was just a thing that was there. Then when WoD dropped, suddenly it's a hot-button, dealbreaker issue that people felt the need to argue about for 5000+ pages of MMO-C threads.
    Trash collection probably isn't a hot-button issue for a lot of people. If the city stopped doing it, it would quickly become one.

Many things are not hot-button issues until they are removed or agitated.

Flying was part of the game since TBC, and I don't think anyone really believed blizzard would outright remove it like they did in WoD. They had to have their ears pulled before putting it BACK in via the Pathfinder achievement. Their excuse for the delay, as well, was that they hadn't really finished building WoD for flying. Their whole intent was to completely remove it.

I think you do understand why it became such a hot-button issue, you're an intelligent human being. I think what you're really saying is that you don't agree with the sentiment.

I think I might have stated this around Blizzcon, but does anyone feel like Part 1 won't turn out to be the brunt of the work like they said it'd be? It looked like at the panel it had 6-8 parts, might have to do 7.2 content for awhile

I didn't mean "all of a sudden" as "right now". Thanks for assuming I did, though.

Before WoD, nobody really cared about flying. In fact, people cried that they wanted it removed, because of "ruining world pvp" and such.

But as soon as WoD launched and no flying was announced, everyone flew into a fucking massive shitstorm and people started proclaiming that they're unsubbing because of no flying and OH MY FUCKING GOD HOW DARE BLIZZARD REMOVE FLYING I LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT FLYING UNSUBBING UNSUBBING UNSUBBING and people tossing around buzzwords like "anti-flying" and "pro-flying" and such

I don't get it. Before WoD, flying was just a thing that was there. Then when WoD dropped, suddenly it's a hot-button, dealbreaker issue that people felt the need to argue about for 5000+ pages of MMO-C threads.
    Because why would we think that a treasured feature would be removed from the game? It wasn't under threat, people just enjoyed it.

People talked constantly about flight, pros and cons and since about year and half before WoD came out it was a hot topic. It just didn't hit the masses until WoD dropped and people realized it wasn't there.

Because, you know, Blizzard went out of their way to hide that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    I think you do understand why it became such a hot-button issue, you're an intelligent human being. I think what you're really saying is that you don't agree with the sentiment.
    It's both.

Flying isn't a very big part of the game, thus it's strange to me that it suddenly became a hot-button issue overnight, to the point of people screaming that they're unsubbing over it. You didn't see people making 5000-page argument threads about anything else.

Furthermore, people who are crying that they're unsubbing because of no flying is even more retarded to me, because again, flying isn't a very big part of the game. It just makes travel more convenient; nothing else. It has no impact on dungeons or raids or battlegrounds. It has no impact on class halls or garrisons. So why is everyone making a huge fuss and acting like flying is some super-core-integral part of the game that cannot be removed?

It seems to me that those who are unsubbing and whining that they're staying unsubbed because of no flying, already hate the game to begin with and are just using "no flying!!" as a convenient excuse to justify their hate. I can't imagine anyone who seriously cannot play the game without flying; someone who is so utterly obsessed with flying that they will completely forego the entire rest of the game, if they cannot have flying. If you want to fly so badly, go play a fucking flight simulator, not an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    treasured feature.
    Again, who was "treasuring" Flying? I don't remember anything but complaints about how it ruins world PvP and makes the world feel smaller. Especially in Cata, I believe the devs themselves brought it up, how allowing flying from the beginning makes it so you just ignore the world and only fly back and forth between required questing areas.

It makes people ignore the WORLD in World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-11-28 at 07:59 PM.

Flying isn't a very big part of the game, thus it's strange to me that it suddenly became a hot-button issue overnight, to the point of people screaming that they're unsubbing over it. You didn't see people making 5000-page argument threads about anything else.
    It didn't happen overnight. It's been going on since they did the bait-and-switch announcements in WoD. This issue is carried over from WoD, and that's where the resentment comes from. A part of the issue is a lack of trust in Blizzard's own communication, which is why people are choosing to speak out on this feature. The 5000 page thing is just a back and forth between individuals, then new people jumping in and carrying on the argument for hundreds more at a time. Really it's no different than any other discussion in forums. People still talk about vanilla servers and that has been going on for years.

Furthermore, people who are crying that they're unsubbing because of no flying is even more retarded to me, because again, flying isn't a very big part of the game.
    It's retarded to me that anyone would be subbing to the game just to play battle pets, but I'm sure there is a casual part of the audience out there who only plays to collect pets and play pokemon after they're done with regular content. To those people, battle pet removal or gating could be something that causes them to leave. Is it a big issue for a lot of people? Probably not. But battle pets aren't integrated into the game as deeply as flying is.

To you it isn't a big part of the game. For other people it is. It depends on how much you value traveling and the use of flight. Its value becomes greater as content is completed and becomes less important to players who have chosen to stay subbed for reasons other than raiding/dungeons. Statistically, there are more players who don't raid than those who do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

It's both.

Furthermore, people who are crying that they're unsubbing because of no flying is even more retarded to me, because again, flying isn't a very big part of the game. It just makes travel more convenient; nothing else. It has no impact on dungeons or raids or battlegrounds. It has no impact on class halls or garrisons. So why is everyone making a huge fuss and acting like flying is some super-core-integral part of the game that cannot be removed?

It seems to me that those who are unsubbing and whining that they're staying unsubbed because of no flying, already hate the game to begin with and are just using "no flying!!" as a convenient excuse to justify their hate. I can't imagine anyone who seriously cannot play the game without flying; someone who is so utterly obsessed with flying that they will completely forego the entire rest of the game, if they cannot have flying. If you want to fly so badly, go play a fucking flight simulator, not an MMORPG.

Again, who was "treasuring" Flying? I don't remember anything but complaints about how it ruins world PvP and makes the world feel smaller. Especially in Cata, I believe the devs themselves brought it up, how allowing flying from the beginning makes it so you just ignore the world and only fly back and forth between required questing areas.

Lots of people loved it. Just because you didn't, or you didn't know people that did, doesn't change that fact.

Unfortunately its mostly negative things that are negative about and brought to the top.

And your last sentence is a matter of perspective. For me I find flying made the game more engaging. Tanaan had a lot more people in and playing together with flight enabled. Prior to flight everyone did their dailies and quickly logged off. As little interaction as possible with the world and people.

Further, flight lets me see more of the world and from different perspectives. On the ground I am not motivated to explore at all, I do my quest and I go back and/or log off. With flying I get out and explore the world and see what else there is to do outside of the main tasks.

It's all in your own perspective.
    Last edited by Bun-Bun; 2016-11-28 at 09:54 PM.

Nobody cares about air, until somebody won't spoil it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    To you it isn't a big part of the game. For other people it is. It depends on how much you value traveling and the use of flight. Its value becomes greater as content is completed and becomes less important to players who have chosen to stay subbed for reasons other than raiding/dungeons. Statistically, there are more players who don't raid than those who do.
    +1 That's what I always want to say, when somebody talks about flying not being important or that flying doesn't fit in MMO game, where ground content and interaction between players is so important. Pet battles feature isn't so important and doesn't provide any interaction or socialization. But all of a sudden it's in game. And Blizzard aren't going to remove or abandon it. Just because it's important for some players. So, such flawed logic is extremely hypocritical. Simply because according to this logic my "I don't care about PVP - let's remove it" statement is 100% legitimate.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-11-29 at 06:05 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

For me it's a big part. I can no longer raid difficult content due to my schedule (or lack of one). So other than 5 man content which I would stop doing once I got the achievements because IDGAF about gear now that I wouldn't be able to raid seriously - I'd primarily be interested in doing things out in the world like getting every single pet, every single rare mount, all the toys, profession achievements, etc. And every damn time, every single damn time, I'd have to use a ground mount. And it's not just that I prefer flying to using a ground mount, I actually hate using a ground mount after having flying for almost a decade. It's why I didn't bother with WoD until my account got it for free and I planned to do the same with Legion, but I had beta this time and I liked some things in Legion. Not enough to play it without flying. But if there's a price drop by the time 7.2 is headed for the PTR, I'll probably buy it then. And there will hopefully be easier to obtain catch up gear by then that will make some aspects of the achievement less annoying, like Suramar which I hated because it embodied all the worst aspects of no flying to me. Why they couldn't just make that place a no fly zone and open up flying in the other four zones after doing Loremaster for those zones, I personally won't ever understand. It would have been a decent compromise, a much better one than Pathfinder is.

I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite though, because I bought a WoW token last week to get the anniversary pet from the limited time vendor. Meh. At least I didn't contribute to launch sales of Legion and I'll be unsubbed again after the month is up. The only thing I might do in the meantime is try to get the WotLK raid pets.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-11-29 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted

Because before WoD, flying was simply unlocked by reaching max level and buying the skill. With WoD, they started the whole stay on the ground shenaningans with reasoning based on lies and deception. This is the problem, and this broke my trust in the goodwill of the devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    For me it's a big part. I can no longer raid difficult content due to my schedule (or lack of one). So other than 5 man content which I would stop doing once I got the achievements because IDGAF about gear now that I wouldn't be able to raid seriously - I'd primarily be interested in doing things out in the world like getting every single pet, every single rare mount, all the toys, profession achievements, etc. And every damn time, every single damn time, I'd have to use a ground mount. And it's not just that I prefer flying to using a ground mount, I actually hate using a ground mount after having flying for almost a decade. It's why I didn't bother with WoD until my account got it for free and I planned to do the same with Legion, but I had beta this time and I liked some things in Legion. Not enough to play it without flying. But if there's a price drop by the time 7.2 is headed for the PTR, I'll probably buy it then. And there will hopefully be easier to obtain catch up gear by then that will make some aspects of the achievement less annoying, like Suramar which I hated because it embodied all the worst aspects of no flying to me. Why they couldn't just make that place a no fly zone and open up flying in the other four zones after doing Loremaster for those zones, I personally won't ever understand. It would have been a decent compromise, a much better one than Pathfinder is.

I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite though, because I bought a WoW token last week to get the anniversary pet from the limited time vendor. Meh. At least I didn't contribute to launch sales of Legion and I'll be unsubbed again after the month is up. The only thing I might do in the meantime is try to get the WotLK raid pets.
    Also this. For people who see the World in the World of Warcraft as their primary point of interest, with instanced content only being complimentary, but not the focus, no flying is breaking the game as we got used to it for about 8 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of people loved it. Just because you didn't, or you didn't know people that did, doesn't change that fact.

Unfortunately its mostly negative things that are negative about and brought to the top.

And your last sentence is a matter of perspective. For me I find flying made the game more engaging. Tanaan had a lot more people in and playing together with flight enabled. Prior to flight everyone did their dailies and quickly logged off. As little interaction as possible with the world and people.

Further, flight lets me see more of the world and from different perspectives. On the ground I am not motivated to explore at all, I do my quest and I go back and/or log off. With flying I get out and explore the world and see what else there is to do outside of the main tasks.

And let's not forget that Legion invasions had tons of players around, though they all happened in areas with flight. New content which brings people together at the same time is the key to populate an area. No-flying does shit for that.

Holy shit bun-bun you have 301 posts in mmo champion and its all about flying. You dont play the game, and just lurk here about flying. What do u actually do in WoW? Fly? LOL

Flying is nice, but with flightmaster whistle, emerald winds, being a hunter (eagle perk), gliders etc It isnt even a big deal anymore lol. You can literally glide and emerald winds from ANYWHERE to wherever you going. I actually like it better than mindless flying, actually exploring the world and even with little elevation you can literally pop a glider and emerald winds to opposite sides of broken isles.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-11-29 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    It's both.

Again: it is not a big part FOR YOU. To others it might be much more important. And you might find it retarded that somebody would quit over the lack of it, but that is a "you-issue". People tend to call things "stupid" or "retarded" they simply can not unterstand. But as you said, you didn't see any other topic that gets so much attention and posts as this one. That alone should show a smart person that flight isn't quiet as unimportant to a lot of poepel as they may think.

"Crying" is a exaggeration and just a word to bait a reaction. I prefer "complaining" which is legit. How would a person feel if Blizzard decides to can Mythic raiding? Not that they ever would, but since it costs a lot of resources and only a hand full of people is interested in it, mythic raiding is way more unimportant to the game and the games success than you might think. But if that would be removed you would see posts popping up "crying" and screaming that people would quit left and right. It would be really interesting to see how many posts would pop up and if they are more or less than the "no flight i quit posts".

As an adult i can tell you that there is nothing like "hate the game" responsible. Most people (others than you) play the game in a different way and for different reasons than you do. It might be hard to grasp at the moment but with some time you'll understand that the world you live in is way more diverse than you think right now.

Besides... speaking of "retarded" things. What's up with this brainless, immature "flight simulator" comment? Everybody with half a brain knows that every flight related post has to do with flying as a transportation and travel mechanic in the world of Warcraft. And other than your very shortsighted narrowed view it does NOT negate the world in world of warcraft. Grown up people that like the mechanic know how to utilize it to enhance their gaming experience. If you show me a flight simulator that lets you do exactly what WoW is doing just with flight like it was i am more than happy to play that game.

Oh as a PvP-player i also know how to utilize flight in Open-PvP. The only people complaining about are useless gankerscum that like to pin people down to ruin their fun. Nobody really interested in good pvp complained about flight. Because it brings more dynamic into the game, and they are not as desperat about their own life that they need to ruin the fun of others. With flying it isn't that easy to force your playstyle onto others for hours on end. And that is actually a good thing.

It is not other peoples fault if you can't handle freedom of flight and simply do it wrong. So no, it doesn't make people ignore the World. Most people even engage more in open world content when they can fly. Don't make your mistakes being the"right thing to do" for all others.

Dude want to know the truth. People in this thread got nothing to say until someone comes in here for them to quote and then repeat what they have said already to a deminishing audience. While I know this is a violation of what I am about to say hear me out. Just don't post here and suddenly this thread goes away. What keeps it alive isn't those that constantly drone on their same 3 or 4 points over and over again. It's someone that comes into the thread and gives them the ability to reply with quotes, ignore 99% of what they quoted, and then move onto person agendas which is usually: "for a dacade this" "it killed WoW" "look at subs" "no fly no buy" and really nothing else. Reason does not work here. Only an absolute agreement on all points and fronts or instant label will be provided. Your post will get quoted. Most everything in it ignored. Then the circle jerk of 4 points gets popped out.

I suggest just letting it rest. You can't debate with people that are beyond reason. All it does is give them a platform for their agenda and conspiracy theories.

First of all I'm PVEer and so called forum-PVP doesn't work against me. What I say - isn't attempt to troll somebody. It's completely sincerely. As I've said many times already, if I would hate this game, I wouldn't have been playing it for 10 years.

It's Blizzards' choice, that they want to cater to one half of their players, instead of providing content for both ones, as it was in the past (we had dedicated no flying zones - Wintergrasp, Tol'Barad, IOT, TI - why do we need to spread this model on ALL content???). They don't want to have my money? Ok. Despite of having Tanaan completed on 8 characters, I still feel happy, when I play it after prime-time, when overcrowding starts to fade and I start to be able to play game properly - not to hop on my mount after every single mob. I feel HAPPY! And I don't need anything else. And Legion feels like too hostile - too much forcing, grind, gating and RNG. Dunno, how to say it better. Too toxic? May be. And I'm adult. I have enough problems IRL to also meet them ingame in highly concentrated form. Not even talking about paying for such game. I'm not kid with inferiority complex, who needs to assert himself via griefing other people. Yeah, I know, that this game is 12+, but it's well known as most adult-friendly MMO in a world. When I come home after work - I want to relax and feel happy. And that's, what I'm ready to pay for. I don't need much. I'm not one of these crybabies, who constantly whine about having nothing to do. I can replay exactly the same content for months and years. But I need to enjoy this content. Am I asking too much?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-11-29 at 11:35 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

People are still arguing about this?

I still don't understand why, all of a sudden, flying became a hot-button issue that people are screaming "I'M UNSUBBING!" over.
    Because they all of a sudden decided that flying was a hot-button issue that was RUINING THE VERY FIBRE OF THE GAME. Oh my god flying ruined TBC WoTLK Cata and MoP you guys!!!!

WoD was really good in comparison thanks no flying! more of wod please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    Holy shit bun-bun you have 301 posts in mmo champion and its all about flying. You dont play the game, and just lurk here about flying. What do u actually do in WoW? Fly? LOL

Flying is nice, but with flightmaster whistle, emerald winds, being a hunter (eagle perk), gliders etc It isnt even a big deal anymore lol. You can literally glide and emerald winds from ANYWHERE to wherever you going. I actually like it better than mindless flying, actually exploring the world and even with little elevation you can literally pop a glider and emerald winds to opposite sides of broken isles.
    So?

I came here after Blizzard started censoring me on their own forums and because according to Reddit AMAs the dev team listens to feedback on other social media more than their own forums.

And the rest of your post is only your opinion. Removal of flight was/is game breaking for me and the way Blizzard handled it pissed me off. I wasted money and time on the game and upgrading my rig for WoD to get bait and switched. And after playing this game almost religiously for near a decade, yeah, I am passionate about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Dude want to know the truth. People in this thread got nothing to say until someone comes in here for them to quote and then repeat what they have said already to a deminishing audience. While I know this is a violation of what I am about to say hear me out. Just don't post here and suddenly this thread goes away. What keeps it alive isn't those that constantly drone on their same 3 or 4 points over and over again. It's someone that comes into the thread and gives them the ability to reply with quotes, ignore 99% of what they quoted, and then move onto person agendas which is usually: "for a dacade this" "it killed WoW" "look at subs" "no fly no buy" and really nothing else. Reason does not work here. Only an absolute agreement on all points and fronts or instant label will be provided. Your post will get quoted. Most everything in it ignored. Then the circle jerk of 4 points gets popped out.

I suggest just letting it rest. You can't debate with people that are beyond reason. All it does is give them a platform for their agenda and conspiracy theories.
    You are right that the thread is kept alive by random trollish "no flying is great, deal with it" posts which quickly erupt into one-two-three page discussions (which understandably look similar to each other because the initial thrust is some dumb non-informative bait), but you are being unreasonable regarding everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ing-in-legion/

Icy Veins for some reason think that in order to get the reputation piece of the part 2 achievement for flying, we'll have to get exalted with the new faction, not revered. Not sure why they think that and not sure how difficult that reputation is going to be anyway, but thought I'd post here since every bit of info counts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are right that the thread is kept alive by random trollish "no flying is great, deal with it" posts which quickly erupt into one-two-three page discussions (which understandably look similar to each other because the initial thrust is some dumb non-informative bait), but you are being unreasonable regarding everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ing-in-legion/

Icy Veins for some reason think that in order to get the reputation piece of the part 2 achievement for flying, we'll have to get exalted with the new faction, not revered. Not sure why they think that and not sure how difficult that reputation is going to be anyway, but thought I'd post here since every bit of info counts.
    I kinda expect them to throw that kind of stunt on us.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I kinda expect them to throw that kind of stunt on us.
    One thing I am very sure of is that the new rep will be time-gated. The only question is - is it going to be something like 2-3 weeks or 2 (3 would be horrible) months.

Deleted
    That mage disc tho... they clearly wanna casuals to quit playing mage, even the mount intro in cinematic was so short compared to others.

Who needs Legion without flying? 101+s in Tanaan))) P. S. 9th character full 695 Baleful today!

Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-11-29 at 04:49 PM.