Deleted

Buying Operative System (OS)

Well, first of all sorry for my english

I'm watching sites to buy my Operative System (Windows 10 Home 64 bits) for my new computer:
    .pccomponentes.com/pccom-gold-m3-intel-i5-6600k---16gb--1tb-240ssd---gtx1070-8gb

But on the same website it costs 90€, and i don't know if it's to much or not, cause I found this:
    .tresbizz.com/es/es/windows-10-home-prod.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CnIMbuj0ngqC1VSds6FIPA_w1zdAsyxf_xPsEpcBwExoCzJTw_wcB

So my answer is ...somebody knows where can i find the cheapest and best price for Windows10Home64 bits?

Thanks for the answers!!!!

PS: I can't post links so include the triple w ^^

Kinguin or G2A. You are buying just the key and then can download Windows directly from Microsoft and just use the key. Be sure to include the buyer protection in your purchase from these sites though as sometimes the keys don't work. If you have the protection, they will send you another one, if you don't, you have to buy another one.

You can always check eBay as well. Managed to pick up a Windows 10 64 bit Pro the other day for less than $10. You are protected by eBay and Paypal in case there is a problem. Just like Lathais suggested, they are "keys" so you can download the OS from Microsoft directly.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the diffence between OEM and retail versions of win10?
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Retail typically comes with the retail box, book, and cd/dvd. OEM usually comes with just the CD/DVD and a very minimal book. Sometimes they don't even come with that but just the CD key. OEM is what system builders usually use. Typically a lot cheaper than retail, and all you need. I'm not sure on the upgrade limits now. But retail used to let you upgrade your motherboard a few times before you had to buy a new key. OEM used to be limited to one motherboard. I honestly don't know the difference for Windows 10. However, I have always used OEM and have never had a problem upgrading components.
    Last edited by Msshammy; 2016-11-28 at 08:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Retail typically comes with the retail box, book, and cd/dvd. OEM usually comes with just the CD/DVD and a very minimal book. Sometimes they don't even come with that but just the CD key. OEM is what system builders usually use. Typically a lot cheaper than retail, and all you need.
    awesome, so OEM still recieve updates?
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

As far as Windows updates? Yes, it functions identical to retail versions of Windows.

An OEM License cannot be legally transferred to another computer.
    So if you have say the need to replace the motherboard, a replacement of which windows considers to be a new computer, then transfer of an OEM license could be problematic, if not impossible.

Yes, it will still receive the same updates.
    Basically OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer is the version meant for someone building a system to sell to someone else.
    Lower cost, less packaging/booklets.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    You can always check eBay as well. Managed to pick up a Windows 10 64 bit Pro the other day for less than $10. You are protected by eBay and Paypal in case there is a problem. Just like Lathais suggested, they are "keys" so you can download the OS from Microsoft directly.
    I'm watching e-bay (I don't know how can i forget to watch e-bay xD) and the smartest chose seems:

.ebay.es/itm/Windows-10-HOME-32-64-BITS-digital-Multilanguage-License-/112216488520?hash=item1a209fba48:g:VY0AAOSw-0xYOKDZ

But i have a few questions:
    1-32/64? OS installation let you choose? how it works?
    2-Digital? Last time i installed an OS I did it from a CD, someone can tell me how the digital key works?

Thank you all for the fast answers!

I would stay away from OEM license, it seems you won't be able to transfer the OEM license if you ever upgrade/change your motherboard, the rules haven't changed.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-28 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I would stay away from OEM license, it seems you won't be able to transfer the OEM license if you ever upgrade/change your motherboard, the rules haven't changed.
    I see this all the time yet I have never had any problem transferring an OEM Key I purchased to a new build. I have done it several times for myself, my wife and friends and have had other friends do it without any issue and seen several people on here post about doing it as well. It works just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bronto View Post
    But i have a few questions:
    1-32/64? OS installation let you choose? how it works?
    2-Digital? Last time i installed an OS I did it from a CD, someone can tell me how the digital key works?

Thank you all for the fast answers!
    Yes, you choose at installation.

You get a key from wherever you purchase it from, you still need an installation media such as a CD or a USB, but you just go to the microsoft site and make it yourself, either with a clank CD/DVD or just a USB Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I see this all the time yet I have never had any problem transferring an OEM Key I purchased to a new build. I have done it several times for myself, my wife and friends and have had other friends do it without any issue and seen several people on here post about doing it as well. It works just fine.
    I have never had a problem either. Granted we're talking about one motherboard change. Done hundreds over my years. Every once in a while you may have to make a phone call. But for $10 or so.. How many motherboard swaps do you plan to make?

Just looked it up to make sure. Windows 10 is now account bound. So whatever email address you have assigned to your MSN account is the one that's tied to the PC itself. You can change which PC you want to assign it to. If it won't activate on its own then there is an option for "I recently changed hardware" or something worded close to that. Then it allows you to pick your new setup. Pretty neat. Limited to one PC at a time and you can't change series. Win 10 pro to home, etc.
    Last edited by Msshammy; 2016-11-28 at 10:20 PM.