Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    I've been doing some simcraft to see if procs and such are better and noticed it's giving me some widly different stat values than what most guides list.
    for me it's suggesting Int > SP > Crit > Haste ~= Mastery > Vers
    Both haste and crit has quite high priority up to 20% in simcraft.

I've been doing some simcraft to see if procs and such are better and noticed it's giving me some widly different stat values than what most guides list.
    for me it's suggesting Int > SP > Crit > Haste ~= Mastery > Vers
    Should I trust simcraft? Here's my armory if it helps? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bonburn/simple
    The reason you're getting these stats weights is due to your current talents. If you with the talent row for single target (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...or#Vaa!1100000), your stats weights for become : Crit > Int > Haste > Mastery > Vers. Once you get Haste to 20%, Mastery will overtake it.

For cleave and council type encounters, your stat weights become Mastery > Int ~= Crit ~= Haste > Vers.

Ah, alright, so for now I should follow simc and once both are around 20% adjust accordingly?

Ah, alright, so for now I should follow simc and once both are around 20% adjust accordingly?
    Keep a minimum of 20% haste and 120% mastery then go from there.

Fatal echoes trait is another broken trait? Never procced for me over course of 5 mins even with reap active.

Deleted
    More like a shite trait

Isn;t it supposed to proc more often because now each UA is separate they all have a chance to trigger it?

7+ Year Old Account
    OK we got a bunch of updates: Fixed a lot of miss information from initial 7.1 release, fixed the artifact trait path according to the recent testing, and a bunch of other stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Fatal echoes trait is another broken trait? Never procced for me over course of 5 mins even with reap active.
    6% is pretty shit unfortunately, but it does proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post

Yeah, encountered procs today on mythic Cenarius.

Any proof that reap actually DOUBLE traits like one with + dmg to agony?

OK we got a bunch of updates: Fixed a lot of miss information from initial 7.1 release, fixed the artifact trait path according to the recent testing, and a bunch of other stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought you should mention that if you have do the opener that's written and your pet is on Assist, it will switch to Effigy if you spend 3 GCD on it therefore losing uptime on the boss. Solution is to either sick the pet on the boss manually while having the Defensive behavior or to go Agony > Corruption > Effigy > Agony Corruption > switch to Boss for Siphon Life then Siphon Life back on the Effigy then proceed with the rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Yeah, encountered procs today on mythic Cenarius.

Any proof that reap actually DOUBLE traits like one with + dmg to agony?
    I tested every trait on the weapon barring fatal echoes which I'm not sure how to look for in logs, every multi point trait doubles as you would expect, the tooltips just dont update. Compounding horror, harvester of souls and wrath of consumption do not. Soulstealer doesn't either though thats not surprising(Simcraft seems to think it does though, at least looks that way from my sims).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    I tested every trait on the weapon barring fatal echoes which I'm not sure how to look for in logs, every multi point trait doubles as you would expect, the tooltips just dont update. Compounding horror, harvester of souls and wrath of consumption do not. Soulstealer doesn't either though thats not surprising(Simcraft seems to think it does though, at least looks that way from my sims).
    CH and Harvester have their proc rate double, that should be confirmable in the logs.

Wrath not doubling is interesting, I know I was confirmed by one of the QA that it should be doubling. I will double check this tomorrow when I get home from work.

Deleted
    CH and Harvester have their proc rate double, that should be confirmable in the logs.

Wrath not doubling is interesting, I know I was confirmed by one of the QA that it should be doubling. I will double check this tomorrow when I get home from work.
    I think people here or on discord "confirmed" Harvester doesn't increase in procrate. Most are getting like 15% average. Echoes at least shows it in the tooltip and every UA should ideally be under reap effect. Wrath tooltip does increase to 4% iirc.

I've looked at my last 3 weeks worth of logs and their isn't even a single time where Harvester is hitting the average it should so I'd be inclined to believe that it isn't doubling in proc rate like it should be.

Stacking proc trinkets for affliction

Can anyone speak to the value of stat-stacking proc trinkets like the Fulmination Charge and the related one that has stacking critical strike? Simcraft is a poor indicator of talent/fight synergy.

I have roughly 8-10% critical, 24-27% haste, and 115-126% mastery depending on what gear I use, at roughly 875 item level. In real-time fights I find stats ticks-even those at the 850ish level- to be on part with or better than 880+ proc trinkets like plague hive and twisting winds.

Given that I almost exclusively play with absolute corruption and effigy, and pool shards for dump windows with reap and wrath up, might the synergy of these 2 trinkets outpace even a solid mastery stat stick? Assume fairly equal ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Killsy View Post
    Can anyone speak to the value of stat-stacking proc trinkets like the Fulmination Charge and the related one that has stacking critical strike? Simcraft is a poor indicator of talent/fight synergy.

I have roughly 8-10% critical, 24-27% haste, and 115-126% mastery depending on what gear I use, at roughly 875 item level. In real-time fights I find stats ticks-even those at the 850ish level- to be on part with or better than 880+ proc trinkets like plague hive and twisting winds.

Given that I almost exclusively play with absolute corruption and effigy, and pool shards for dump windows with reap and wrath up, might the synergy of these 2 trinkets outpace even a solid mastery stat stick? Assume fairly equal ilvl.
    Writ and Fulm are only ~0.5% behind equivalent ilvl mastery sticks at equal ilvl on 2T sims (and ~2% ahead of damaging procs), the simC apl does seem to dump UAs during non-haste trinket procs if contagion isn't enabled, so I imagine they'd show similar results on average in real raiding environments. That said, if they are that close i'd basically always go with the stat stick since you don't have to worry about them proccing at the wrong time / not at the right time / not at all, unless of course you are yoloparsing.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    Writ and Fulm are only ~0.5% behind equivalent ilvl mastery sticks at equal ilvl on 2T sims (and ~2% ahead of damaging procs), the simC apl does seem to dump UAs during non-haste trinket procs if contagion isn't enabled, so I imagine they'd show similar results on average in real raiding environments. That said, if they are that close i'd basically always go with the stat stick since you don't have to worry about them proccing at the wrong time / not at the right time / not at all, unless of course you are yoloparsing.
    I suppose maybe it comes down to specific fight flow and exactly how many adds are up and what priority is. I could easily see stat sticks being the clear winner on long lived multi target fights where agony and corruption are a greater share of damage contribution, but perhaps the stacking ones pulling ahead on fights with higher UA contribution (lower hp adds and higher wrath of consumotion uptime, meaning more and stronger UA dumps on priority targets)?

Quote Originally Posted by Killsy View Post
    I suppose maybe it comes down to specific fight flow and exactly how many adds are up and what priority is. I could easily see stat sticks being the clear winner on long lived multi target fights where agony and corruption are a greater share of damage contribution, but perhaps the stacking ones pulling ahead on fights with higher UA contribution (lower hp adds and higher wrath of consumotion uptime, meaning more and stronger UA dumps on priority targets)?
    Yeah if the timing of your priority burns isn't particularly important (Xavius for example), so you can hold off on dumping UAs without many repercussions and have higher-than average UA damage due to WoC/souls/ua refresh from adds, then I can see the stacking pulling ahead. However if it's anything like chrono shard it can proc anywhere from 1-5 times in a 3 min fight and make you sad.

Deleted

As UA was snapshotting before, we were suppose to use Reap - then UA's. Now, would you cast 1x UA->Reap (then multiple if you play with Absolute Corruption or space them out if you play contagion?).

Deleted
    what to do when on sims scaling crit becomes you most valuable stat and you still dont have the recomended 140% mastery? use scale with crit on top or continue going for mastery till 140%?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pedra View Post
    what to do when on sims scaling crit becomes you most valuable stat and you still dont have the recomended 140% mastery? use scale with crit on top or continue going for mastery till 140%?
    Stat weights are a bit wonky, and if you have any Perdition relics the weights for crit skyrocket. I would just try to run something along this line (numbers are rough but recommended frequently in the warlock discord)
    Mastery: 120%
    Crit: 15-20%
    Haste: 15-20%
    Vers: 0%
    Dropping below 100% mastery leads your dots to deal fairly shit base damage, and below 15% haste gives you terrible single target shard gen.

Really with gearing you just want to follow these rules:
    1) Does it have mastery
    2) Does it have 0 vers
    3) Is it an Ilvl upgrade.

If you get 3/3 of these things: in 99% of situations the item is an upgrade, even if its a mastery downgrade (unless you end up dropping below 100% mastery, highly not recommended). Keep your haste and crit in the "same ballpark" and mastery high.