I think they just significantly buffed the chance of getting your first legendary. Most of my buddies and I who have been rolling alts, even after just getting a leg on the main will get our 1st alt leg within a day or two of hitting max level. I don't think the BPL is account wide, rather just your first leg comes quick these days.

Yeah when your loot system actually encourages people to roll multiples of the same class just to get a drop, that system is borked. People might say that only high end folks will reroll a duplicates, but I think casual people are beginning to possibly see the benefit of this stratedgy. I could go another 5 months not getting my best legendary or spend 4 days leveling up a duplicate that gets it then spend another 2 months getting my artifact up. This shit is really bad. They really just need to admit it was an interesting idea that didn't quite work and implement a token system or something.

Quote Originally Posted by biggerthanpete View Post
    Yeah when your loot system actually encourages people to roll multiples of the same class just to get a drop, that system is borked. People might say that only high end folks will reroll a duplicates, but I think casual people are beginning to possibly see the benefit of this stratedgy. I could go another 5 months not getting my best legendary or spend 4 days leveling up a duplicate that gets it then spend another 2 months getting my artifact up. This shit is really bad. They really just need to admit it was an interesting idea that didn't quite work and implement a token system or something.
    I'm not sure why they wouldn't implement a token system at this point, according to them having "BIS" legendaries shouldn't matter much anyway, so why not let us make a one time trade for what we want.

Instead of tip toeing around the problem trying to buff the crap ones, which is what they're doing now, let us choose the item we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I levelled my second Warrior (from 100-110) yesterday morning, which I previously used to level just for PVP so really I was just gonna let it collect dust at 110. So yeah I was levelling as Fury just for a change of scenery, got Legendary Fury cloak with 1 hour /played at 110 from world quest cache. On my main I got my first legendary in first week of raiding after playing non-stop from launch.

The RNG legendary system is just garbage, it's just this fucking gambling bullshit that so many game companies are trying to pull off now, and I hate it. Being randomly rewarded or not rewarded based on pure lottery is just terrible.
    Yep. It's honestly driving me away instead of making me want to play more.

Deleted
    How does Arms with the legendary legs Weight of the Earth stand against Fury in Mythic+ dungeons?
    With Heroic Leap talented for reduced CD, I can leap every 30 sec and apply CS to all enemies within the radius, and it does sound good. But is it enough to compete with Fury's sustained cleave damage and ability to target switch quicker?

Deleted
    Arms might be better. Fury is better only for sustained aoe dps where u can hit more than 3 adds for more than 20s. For mythic+ i have found arms warrior with legs to be much better than fury due to our sick aoe burst and superior st dmg.

Deleted
    Got question about arms DPS. Simulation for my gear shows about 360k but in real fight i cant get more than 280k. I know it depends on the encounter but still... looks like a huge gap. Is it normal or im making something wrong? (using rotation from compedium, no DPS legendary's so rage starving and no CS proc uptime is there)

Quote Originally Posted by meloqq View Post
    Got question about arms DPS. Simulation for my gear shows about 360k but in real fight i cant get more than 280k. I know it depends on the encounter but still... looks like a huge gap. Is it normal or im making something wrong? (using rotation from compedium, no DPS legendary's so rage starving and no CS proc uptime is there)
    It's quite normal to be below the sim dps, and by quite a lot. You're never realistically gonna hit the sim dps because it has a level of perfect execution that is quite literally not achievable, and the standard sim is a bossfight that does not exist, your dps is never going to match the sim unless you're gifted with incredible RNG.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by biggerthanpete View Post
    Yeah when your loot system actually encourages people to roll multiples of the same class just to get a drop, that system is borked.
    That really doesn't make any sense tho at this point since there is no "soft cap".
    1) Noone guarantee's you that you will get a good one on your alt first.
    2) If you already got 2 "bad" ones, statistically, you got more chances to get a good one next rather on your alt.
    3) A semi/casual raider is already around his 35 artifact point. Imagine doing all that again on your alt. The amount of time you will spend just to reach this point farming ap (where your main would go even higher), with the bad luck protection you will get at least 1-2more legendaries which again have higher chances of being the good since you eliminated half the bad.

I would only make a dublicate if i just started, have almost 0 progress on it and just received a bad legendary. Only then i can see worth it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I would only make a dublicate if i just started, have almost 0 progress on it and just received a bad legendary. Only then i can see worth it tbh.
    Even then, there's no point. There's never a reason to reroll without the soft cap on legendaries now. A new alt would start with 0 bad luck protection, same as the main now has because you just got a legendary. It'll take the same amount of content on average to get another legendary on the main as it will on the alt, and the main has the advantage of not being able to get that same bad legendary again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    That really doesn't make any sense tho at this point since there is no "soft cap".
    1) Noone guarantee's you that you will get a good one on your alt first.
    2) If you already got 2 "bad" ones, statistically, you got more chances to get a good one next rather on your alt.
    3) A semi/casual raider is already around his 35 artifact point. Imagine doing all that again on your alt. The amount of time you will spend just to reach this point farming ap (where your main would go even higher), with the bad luck protection you will get at least 1-2more legendaries which again have higher chances of being the good since you eliminated half the bad.

From what I've been reading (but I do not have nor have I seen a link to a blue post to confirm/deny it), the chance to get your first legendary seems to be higher. Therefore, the odds of a getting a legendary on a new toon is increased, although you still have to roll the 12.5% odds of getting your "bis" legendary. Sure, now that the soft cap is removed, it would be more ideal in terms of % chance of "if it drops" for it to be better (going with the two bad legs, you have 16.67% chance of getting your "bis" legendary). The increase in odds of being the right one are higher (and adds up with further not-optimal legendaries) but it might not outweigh the time taken to build up odds for your 3rd (and so on) legendary to drop where as you could just make a new toon (or use a pre-existing one or a boost) and just shoot for gold on the first chance.

I am really struggling with heroic Odyn. I cant seem to keep my dps above 200K. Any suggestions on this fight?

Does anyone know if arms is getting changes? I think rend changed but I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Does anyone know if arms is getting changes? I think rend changed but I'm not sure
    Unless you're talking about the original PTR build, nobody knows yet. If datamining of the new build was possible, you'd see it on the front page.

Lots of buffs to non FR builds, QOL changes and flat out buffs.. I honestly did not expect them to do this, everything looks positive. I was honestly whincing and dreading reading the latest build notes, they even put better stats on our new legendary shoulders.. Seems too good to be true.

i only see two decent buffs, the one beeing sweeping strikes maybe viable now inside a mythic+ and the other one is the wrecking ball buff for fury.
    on the other hand we get out best legendary nerfed into the ground and we lose 1 sec of shockwave stun. fury loses dragonroar buff damage aswell.

apart from that the rest of the "buffs" are completely neglectible or useless. nobody is going to ever use "in for the kill" because it restores 10 more rage. the list of this pseudo buffs is endless and only tries to cover up the legendary gutting.

My initial observations

1. IFTK should be baselined with 20 rage refund with another 10 rage refund as talent

2. FR should still be reworked as a damage ability , eg 100% weapon damage, replaces Slam with the MS buff ability, in short.. merge slam and FR together..

3. Hamstring SHOULD be off GCD ............. damn it

4. FOB + Trauma might be a competitive choice

Overall, this build is largely positive as an attempt to make non FR builds to be more competitive without nerfing the FR builds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitaen View Post
    i only see two decent buffs, the one beeing sweeping strikes maybe viable now inside a mythic+ and the other one is the wrecking ball buff for fury.
    on the other hand we get out best legendary nerfed into the ground and we lose 1 sec of shockwave stun. fury loses dragonroar buff damage aswell.

apart from that the rest of the "buffs" are completely neglectible or useless. nobody is going to ever use "in for the kill" because it restores 10 more rage. the list of this pseudo buffs is endless and only tries to cover up the legendary gutting.
    They've never displayed any serious effort to cover anything up, so I imagine what they're doing is just attempting to make talent rows less onesided, even if they can't fix the issue of one being the best.

As for compensation buffs I do believe Arms should have their base rage-generation increased slightly, because it simply makes the spec so much more fun to play. Nerf the gloves; I agree they're too impactful, but shuffle part of its power toward the baseline and make any reductions in power come out of our damage rather than gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitaen View Post

1. Legendary gutting is quite irrelevant, most of us don't have the legendaries and we're still able to be competitive when not compared with Shadow Priests. The 2 legendaries were so far ahead that it was quite unfair on Warriors without them, they are still the best Legendaries and Warriors with them will still be super competitive.

2. People have been crying for non-FR setups to be buffed, and Blizzard has done just that. FR isn't all that special anymore and is mainly just used because it's the only talent on that row that allows you to turn excess rage into effective damage. FR standard build will remain superior and that's fine, the other talents still needed buffing to provide more variety.

Arms didn't need a damage buff, it scales well with gear and other specs are getting nerfed. What Arms needed was options to allow people to play other builds and do decent dps, these changes do actually allow that and give the spec a lot more situational flexibility. Not only that but Titanic Might will now have more viable on cleave, especially when combined with sweeping strikes and some careful rage management to make up for the lack of Deadly Calm.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-11-30 at 01:34 AM.

Did they just make Trauma builds somewhat viable (for mythics)?
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-30 at 01:37 AM.