Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Getting hyped for some demo changes. I was left disappointed before, disappointed before that as well but am still staying true to one spec that I've invested 36.5 traits in.

Yes, call me crazy.
    Yep your crazy lol. I like to keep myself from getting burned out so I put ap into all my weapons even though my Demo is at 28

I'm seeing the writing on the wall is that affliction is going to dominate down the run. Doing as well as destro on cleave, catching up to demo in single target fights with movement such as mythic guarm.

Affliction is so much more movement friendly than the other specs, and Blizzard has a big hard on for movement this xpac, not to mention mythic+.

Deleted
    honestly the more changes the better. I would rather see a wall of text with mediocre changes than next to no changes at all

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'm seeing the writing on the wall is that affliction is going to dominate down the run. Doing as well as destro on cleave, catching up to demo in single target fights with movement such as mythic guarm.

Affliction is so much more movement friendly than the other specs, and Blizzard has a big hard on for movement this xpac, not to mention mythic+.
    It'd have to be blatantly overtuned for it to "dominate" considering its mechanics. It's a pure dot spec, and will be limited due to that. They also run the risk that it can't realistically become "thee" spec since the average player won't be able to play it at a rudimentary level and it'd cause similar problems to what they talked about with demo in t17.

The movement matters more or less depending on the fight. In EN for instance the movement was completely inconsequential whereas in ToV specifically on helya (and to a lesser extent guarm) the movement is soul crushing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    You're right. I got way too far ahead of myself and assumed we'd get changes
    We will get changes but for the worse like Shadowburn replacing Conflagrate and other stupid things, its bad enough warlocks have less buttons to push that other classes and suddenly they are pruning even more abilities while leaving retarded shit like Demonic Empowerment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    its bad enough warlocks have less buttons to push that other classes
    I think you're confusing locks with hunters, or spriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah..I'd argue that Warlocks have pretty simplistic bases but enough talented additions and such to actually make compelling gameplay.

Too bad shit like Soul Effigy is there or numbers just aren't there to back up the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

do the math yourself then
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah..I'd argue that Warlocks have pretty simplistic bases but enough talented additions and such to actually make compelling gameplay.

Too bad shit like Soul Effigy is there or numbers just aren't there to back up the class.
    That is true. Sadly a lot of talents that I would like to have are not really that cool/worth it to specc into. Like Cataclysm is pretty cool. Would love to have it, but the cast time and cooldown make it such a bad talent that its simply not worth dropping RE for it. Cataclysm would be a great baseline talent. Same with Soul Harvest. No idea why warlocks dont really have a burst cooldown

Well after I started leveling SP and discovered that they actually have good cooldowns, execute phase spells/talents, refresh dot mechanics and other minor things like cool visuals I really wanted to punch morons who designed affliction. 860 SP simulates for 410k dps while my 880 affliction only for 355k lol, fair. They can keep some retarded broken shit like soul effigy but for the love of God give affliction shard/souls generation.

Well the PTR is up, all I see is Essence Drain nerf to 5% from 10%, everything else looks pretty much the same.

They also run the risk that it can't realistically become "thee" spec since the average player won't be able to play it at a rudimentary level and it'd cause similar problems to what they talked about with demo in t17.
    I simply don't buy this. There are other cases which "THE" spec is harder than its other one (e.g: Feral > Balance) so there is no reason as to why Affliction couldn't be "THE" spec to play.

Quote Originally Posted by seemsdead View Post
    Well the PTR is up, all I see is Essence Drain nerf to 5% from 10%, everything else looks pretty much the same.
    Still the old build.

Arvaanas

Greetings PTR friends,
    Things are taking a bit longer than expected with this push. Realms are still up with the previous build, so expect some downtime tomorrow when the deploy starts up again.
    Thanks again for your patience!

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=4#post-72
    Last edited by Dwill; 2016-11-29 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    I simply don't buy this. There are other cases which "THE" spec is harder than its other one (e.g: Feral > Balance) so there is no reason as to why Affliction couldn't be "THE" spec to play.
    Hybrids are not pures.

Its also not a matter of harder, its a matter of the average player not being able to play it at a decent level. For instance in t17 demo was completely dominant but it was considered more difficult to pull numbers out of than the other specs. Since every top end player was universally playing demo everyone else was also playing demo, and then severely under performing because they couldn't handle its kit. Legion aff's kit is more difficult than t17 demo, with significantly more limitations, and will re-create the problem if it becomes thee spec.

Anything can happen, but I don't really expect it to become "dominant".

Just gathering my pearls to clutch when the new PTR build notes come up.

Hybrids are not pures.
    Yeah, for some reason any hybrid in Legion better than pure dps warlock. And speaking about difficulty of spec. I think many people here would be glad if for example affliction was hard but rewarding. But in reality affliction is not hard at all, just boring and with very low damage.

Deleted
    Affliction's difficulty rises exponentially the more targets you have. It is extremely simple pure single target with "dummy talents", but gets trickier as you get more. Particularly if you don;t take Absolute Corruption. Then every fight becomes a minimum of keeping three dots up, never letting Agony drop off two targets, keeping a maintenance buff up at all times and managing Soul Effigy positioning.

It's not as easy as it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Yeah, for some reason any hybrid in Legion better than pure dps warlock. And speaking about difficulty of spec. I think many people here would be glad if for example affliction was hard but rewarding. But in reality affliction is not hard at all, just boring and with very low damage.
    Oh. quit whining. Hybrids have been shit for so long, and feral druids are aids to play, worse than affliction, the least feral druids can get is some fucking DPS in return for playing a spec with 3 specific energy constrained, short duration snapshots on an energy starved spec. Feral ramp up is pretty bad and they are melee to boot.

Meanwhile mongoloid assassination rogues put out slightly better damage while being totally braindead to play and having half the ramp up anod virtually little snapshotting to worry about.

But that's rogues for you, easy results on an overpowered toolkit that is virtually death immune with the two strongest cleave/aoe and single target specs in the game so they can rule mythic+ with outlaw and ST with assassination.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-11-29 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Oh. quit whining. Hybrids have been shit for so long, and feral druids are aids to play, worse than affliction, the least feral druids can get is some fucking DPS in return for playing a spec with 3 specific energy constrained, short duration snapshots on an energy starved spec. Feral ramp up is pretty bad and they are melee to boot.

Meanwhile mongoloid assassination rogues put out slightly better damage while being totally braindead to play and having half the ramp up anod virtually little snapshotting to worry about.

But that's rogues for you, easy results on an overpowered toolkit that is virtually death immune with the two strongest cleave/aoe and single target specs in the game so they can rule mythic+ with outlaw and ST with assassination.
    What a load of crap, Boomkin has been able to fight for the top spot very competitively for the last 3 Xpacs at least. Ferals are aids??? Seriously? You sound like a BS politician, when was the last time you saw feral at the bottom of the meters? The only Hybrid I know of that has been in a bad situation most of the time is Monks. So stop your BS man, no one is going to believe you when you act as if the sky has been falling forever for hybrids, when it fact hybrids for a long time have been very competitive with the tops of the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    What a load of crap, Boomkin has been able to fight for the top spot very competitively for the last 3 Xpacs at least. Ferals are aids??? Seriously? You sound like a BS politician, when was the last time you saw feral at the bottom of the meters? The only Hybrid I know of that has been in a bad situation most of the time is Monks. So stop your BS man, no one is going to believe you when you act as if the sky has been falling forever for hybrids, when it fact hybrids for a long time have been very competitive with the tops of the meters.
    Moonkin has virtually never been top. They were good to cheese mechanics for, but they've never consistently beaten mages/rogues/hunters. Feral has been a garbage single target spec that still loses to rogues among others since its inception.

Shut up. Quit whining about how OP hybrids are. Nobody stacks hybrids. Plenty stack mages and hunters.Plenty take rogues over feral druids.

Deleted
    Actually the first Mythic kills for ToV stacked Shadow Priests, particularly Helya. Which should have been a perfect place for affliction, right? No, because affliction's single target damage is so shit that they aren't worth taking for the brief windows where you can spam aoe and dot up the tentacles, not least because to do really good aoe affliction has to trash further it's already awfuly single target damage.