Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Some servers even let u pay to skip the leveling process! Oh wait
    Oh rily? Live server do that? Maybe because the majority of people dont wanna to reroll 1-110 (1-60 was ok and hars as fuck) for every toons? and maybe even because you can get asap ready for the new content? meanwhile 1-60 was actually che original content? #tinfoil

Some servers even let you to exp as 5x!1111 THE VANILLA EXPERIENCE DUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Some servers even let u pay to skip the leveling process! Oh wait
    Eh, not that comparable. Boost at this point gets you to current content start, 0-60 is current content in Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Eh, not that comparable. Boost at this point gets you to current content start, 0-60 is current content in Vanilla.
    i know i know. It was more of a joke as it seems the mister above is a bit too serious for my taste.
    But to be honest there is a reason why some private servers have gotten reputation and others have not so much. As ppl want servers with no p2w elements. I mean thats one of the core reasons why ppl want official legacy, so there is no bullshit like more exp/buying gear. I have no idea why someone would use their money on private server to buy gear. But thats just me.
    I dont care that retail has lvl boost but for legacy i would not accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You mad the argument, yet have provided no evidence lol, so this one is on you.
    My argument didn't need evidence because I made no precise statement. I simply said that the fact illegal servers are free is a motivator to some people. Period. For my argument to be true, all we need is just a single person to say that they play pirate servers because they're free. Whereas your argument needs, as evidence, a wide survey of the illegal servers' populations stating that money isn't the issue, to be valid. You don't have that.

Vanilla didn't really work that way though, blues for example in many cases could last you to 60.
    No, they didn't. You can make a case that a blue item you find at level 57+ would last you until 60, maybe 55+ if you push it, but while leveling you'd find green rewards that would come just as close to power as said blue items that it wouldn't be such a loss if you skipped it. And again, when you reach 60? Then, just like today, you do group stuff.

Which one sounds more interesting? Having to form a group from time to time to get bigger rewards? Or just soloing everything? You decide.
    You do know that you're describing retail in both options there, right?

Simple: form your own group or join a pug lol. That's where the fun came from, and you typically made a lot of friends in the process.
    Ah yes, so much fun to stay in the capital cities spamming Trade chat with "LFG Stratholme" or "LFG Blackrock Depths" for hours and hours... (/joke) As much as people complain about WoD's "staying inside garrisons waiting for queue to pop", at least we could do something useful during queue times, like farming crafting materials.

You are confusing vanilla and retail. In vanilla, you could often get upgrades that would last you a long time, in between gear not being easy to come by and often lower level items being itemized better, skipping that stuff often meant you'd just be coming back and doing it later anyways.
    You are romanticizing Vanilla way too much. Gear during leveling was just as readily available as it is today, minus the heirlooms. You would still get items from quests, and mobs would still drop magic items at the same rate they do today.

We've already seen them done numerous times by people that don't have 1/1000 of blizzard's resources, the team's themselves explaining they are cheap, and the fact that blizzard has people lined up that will help them do it for free.
    And we have already explained to you, time and again, that hosting an emulation is nowhere near the same thing as hosting the real thing. Seriously, anyone saying that hosting legacy servers is cheaper than hosting retail servers is blatantly lying.

Who says blizzard has to give up modern gaming? People have already volunteered to step up and help blizzard with this for free lol.
    Not talking about Blizzard. Talking about customers. Try again.

Nah, it's been debunked so many times that we don't really need to address it again, unless you feel like it lol.
    What have you debunked? You have done nothing but make empty assertions and even have proven you don't know the difference between 'emulation' and the 'real deal'.

You want proof that legacy servers can do well when the evidence for that comes from private servers, but you don't want private servers mentioned lol. Very similar to ordering a cheeseburger and then saying "hold the cheese".
    You are wrong. I want proof that legacy servers can do well. I want to know how well the real deal can do. I couldn't care less how simple emulations do. This is another point to support the theory that you have no idea about the differences between 'emulation' and the 'real deal'.

Oh man this is rich. You were just posting ToS earlier today or yesterday and brought up the mod issue about 5 times, but you now you are saying you aren't mass reporting. Please buddy.
    Pointing out the rules does not mean I'm mass reporting. Seriously, I'm close to being done with you, what with your weird jumps of logic and unproven assertions.

Of course there is, you just choose to deny it's existence and report it to the mods when confronted.
    No, there isn't. Baseless speculation and empty assertions are evidence of nothing.

Of course, no problems here either. Even better - blizzard has already said they have the old source code and that they only need to make certain types of adjustments. Something that seems well within their capabilities, no?
    Seriously, are you just making up stuff as you go? Reading only what directly interests you while ignoring the rest? They don't have the metadata. Is it "well within their capabilities"? Yes. Is it a worthwhile endeavor to spend resources in and rebuild the metadata? Inconclusive, though every single sign, ever since request for legacy began, point to 'no'.

Just read your last couple of posts lol.
    Why? You obviously haven't.

Not really, you ask for "evidence" but that evidence comes from the private servers.
    No, it doesn't, because I couldn't give two shits about how well an emulation can do. I only care how a real server would do.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's been much the same for months now. Like flying, there's only so much to say about it. Nonetheless it's been a site rule about private server discussion forever. The original thread was started as an exception but that was months and months ago. Taking off my moderator hat for a moment my personal opinion is that as long as people want to talk about it that's fine but there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already; many, many times in fact.
    Would be cool with a classic subforum about quests/classes etc, but I understand if people dont see the point of that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    So one thing i have no clear, am maybe u people can clarify to me. Basically playing on private servers is also breaking the TOS that u "sign" when you are playing retail WoW, meaning that if u break the TOS u can get ban from the game. So i've been broking this TOS since 2010 basically, almost 7 years now, publising of the forums the servers i play, etc etc, also saying it INSIDE the game, making people also come and play with me. And NEVER i get a ban from Blizzard.

¿Why? Is maybe cause i'm PAYING for play ALSO retail and they don't care a fuck if i pay retail every month? What's the deal here?

Cause if that is the deal, i would be veeeery surprised with Blizzard "policies" on this thing, talking here a dude that been playing the game since February 16th 2005, almost 12 years now, paying every month and expansion.

Why i'm not banned if y PUBLICY this servers on official forums and inside the game? Why?
    Anyone? Nobody said nothing yesterday

So one thing i have no clear, am maybe u people can clarify to me. Basically playing on private servers is also breaking the TOS that u "sign" when you are playing retail WoW, meaning that if u break the TOS u can get ban from the game. So i've been broking this TOS since 2010 basically, almost 7 years now, publising of the forums the servers i play, etc etc, also saying it INSIDE the game, making people also come and play with me. And NEVER i get a ban from Blizzard.

¿Why? Is maybe cause i'm PAYING for play ALSO retail and they don't care a fuck if i pay retail every month? What's the deal here?

Cause if that is the deal, i would be veeeery surprised with Blizzard "policies" on this thing, talking here a dude that been playing the game since February 16th 2005, almost 12 years now, paying every month and expansion, and others.

Why i'm not banned if y PUBLICY this servers on official forums and inside the game? Why?
    Anyone? Nobody said nothing yesterday
    Blizzard has no idea who plays "elsewhere". They can't act on what they can't detect. There is no detection when the WTF file is redirected. This is the reason. It's a short and blunt answer, sorry, can't go into more detail, as it is a taboo topic now.

Blizzard could have hard-coded such info within the executable game itself. Future Blizzard games may profit from this info, but what was done, is done. I'm not entirely sure why it was even done the way it was originally, unless Blizzard felt they would need to change IP's on the "fly". Any insight from others?

Part of the whole thread issue arises from the things Blizzard did then, vs. the way things are done now. The very reason why Legacy is so heavily discussed is due to past events, and a lack of concern (on their part) for future events. Events that cannot be erased. Event's including possible IP redirection, as example, within the old code.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-29 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard has no idea? Read the message, i make PUBLICITY of this servers INSIDE THE GAME and IN THE FORUMS, they know who i am, why they don't ban me?

I know why, cause i pay 13€ every month and they don't care a fuck if a play more or less, they just care that i pay. That's why i am not ban from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    My argument didn't need evidence because I made no precise statement. I simply said that the fact illegal servers are free is a motivator to some people. Period. For my argument to be true, all we need is just a single person to say that they play pirate servers because they're free. Whereas your argument needs, as evidence, a wide survey of the illegal servers' populations stating that money isn't the issue, to be valid. You don't have that.
    Again, how do you know that this is a motivator? And as I've repeated, we know that if this is the case, it only is so with an extremely small amount of people. So a single person wanting to play for free is a good reason for not doing legacy servers? Come on buddy.

No, they didn't. You can make a case that a blue item you find at level 57+ would last you until 60, maybe 55+ if you push it, but while leveling you'd find green rewards that would come just as close to power as said blue items that it wouldn't be such a loss if you skipped it. And again, when you reach 60? Then, just like today, you do group stuff.
    Incorrect, check out the level requirement on the tidal charm or nifty stop watch for example. Or the hand of justice, thrash blade, staff of jordan, blackstone ring, earth warder's gloves, etc. I think part of the reason you mention it's tough to start a guild or get into groups is because you think it's ok to wear green's and then go to a place like UBRS lol. It doesn't work that way, or you'll have to wait a long time before you get an invite.

You do know that you're describing retail in both options there, right?
    If Legion made improvements here, that's good, but this type of thing did not happen in the last 3 expansions. You could go through entire zones without a need to even group up for anything.

Ah yes, so much fun to stay in the capital cities spamming Trade chat with "LFG Stratholme" or "LFG Blackrock Depths" for hours and hours... (/joke) As much as people complain about WoD's "staying inside garrisons waiting for queue to pop", at least we could do something useful during queue times, like farming crafting materials.
    Going back to your comment on just soloing your way to 60 without trying to get upgrades along the way - that is why you'd have trouble getting into something like BRD. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get into that place, no joke lol. If you're doing it wrong, you will have a tough time getting into dungeons though.

You are romanticizing Vanilla way too much. Gear during leveling was just as readily available as it is today, minus the heirlooms. You would still get items from quests, and mobs would still drop magic items at the same rate they do today.
    Incorrect. In vanilla for example, the speed of your weapon mattered, so lower level item with a good speed would better than an item that is technically a higher level with a bad speed. From what I've seen, on retail, 2 handers for example, all have the same speed. Is this not correct?

And we have already explained to you, time and again, that hosting an emulation is nowhere near the same thing as hosting the real thing. Seriously, anyone saying that hosting legacy servers is cheaper than hosting retail servers is blatantly lying.
    Of course it's not the same, but to pretend this is a massive financial undertaking that could jeoparodize blizzard is rather silly. Not to mention blizzard has received requests for help on this completely for free. You don't get cheaper than free lol.

Not talking about Blizzard. Talking about customers. Try again.
    People want to play games that are fun, in cases of modern games, some are good, some suck, we do know that there's a big crowd for classic games though, as evidenced by the fact that Nintendo is selling the NES Classic for $250 because they are selling out so quick lol.

What have you debunked? You have done nothing but make empty assertions and even have proven you don't know the difference between 'emulation' and the 'real deal'.
    Nobody said they are the exact same thing lol. You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say, I rather said that there are teams of people, with considerably less resources that have been able to do it, I'm sure blizzard doing the "real thing" cannot be as difficult as you pretend it is.

You are wrong. I want proof that legacy servers can do well. I want to know how well the real deal can do. I couldn't care less how simple emulations do. This is another point to support the theory that you have no idea about the differences between 'emulation' and the 'real deal'.
    We've already see emulations do extremely well, naturally the real thing, which receives much more advertisement and is official, is going to obtain subscribers. Not to mention the original game ended up with over 5 million subscribers. Everything points to success and you haven't provided any sort of argument otherwise.

Pointing out the rules does not mean I'm mass reporting. Seriously, I'm close to being done with you, what with your weird jumps of logic and unproven assertions.
    Again, we can read between the lines lol. You started posting rules and then people started getting infracted. You essentially try to bait people into violating the rules and then mark them for infractions. Kind of a low thing to do.

No, there isn't. Baseless speculation and empty assertions are evidence of nothing.
    Again, we've already seen you do this. In the last post you were trying to act like a tough guy about it too lol. It's clear you don't want evidence, hence why you report people over it.

Seriously, are you just making up stuff as you go? Reading only what directly interests you while ignoring the rest? They don't have the metadata. Is it "well within their capabilities"? Yes. Is it a worthwhile endeavor to spend resources in and rebuild the metadata? Inconclusive, though every single sign, ever since request for legacy began, point to 'no'.
    We've already seen retention rates for players are considerably better on said servers, and they have a longer shelf life than regular expansions. As for it being worth the cost? Again, blizzard has been offered help to do it for free. Zero cost.

Why? You obviously haven't.
    It sounds like you are referring to yourself here now lol. This whole thing of "I didn't try to bring up moderators or TOS" is amusing man. It happened, it's ok to admit it, but you just gotta own it.

No, it doesn't, because I couldn't give two shits about how well an emulation can do. I only care how a real server would do.
    Of course it does, they give us the best chance of an educated guess that we can get. So now you are going back to not wanting evidence? lol.

Blizzard has no idea? Read the message, i make PUBLICITY of this servers INSIDE THE GAME and IN THE FORUMS, they know who i am, why they don't ban me?

I know why, cause i pay 13€ every month and they don't care a fuck if a play more or less, they just care that i pay. That's why i am not ban from the game.
    I'm not familiar with your message you made inside the game.

But maybe Blizzard is actually concerned? Lets site:
    Blizzard on World of Warcraft Legacy Servers: 'It's Something We're Taking Seriously'

IGN Interview with World of Warcraft game director Ion Hazzikostas
    6 Nov 2016

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...king-seriously

Maybe Blizzard is really struggling with the idea of Legacy, internally?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    My argument...
    Please stop with the quote spam nit picking. It's annoying. My color scheme was 5000% better than this back and forth mess.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-29 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    So close it.
    That's not how it works.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Vineri i am not talking about Legacy in my message, i was talking about private servers, and acording to the TOS, is not legal to talk or make publicity of them inside Blizzard games. I did that, inside the game and in the forums. They don't ban me.

Why?

I know why, cause i am 13€ a month every month for the last 12 years, plus the expansions and a lot of different name changes, realm change, etc...

That's why i'm not ban.

@Ielenia you are wasting your time with RickJamesLich, he is using his experiences long after Vanilla-WoW was a thing so he does not remember (or even know) what it was like when the game was new when it came to forming groups, how long those runs could take to form and do. He never waited longer than 15 minutes? Why? Because he isn't on actual Vanilla when he makes that statement.

He also believes you had to group to level up in Vanilla, because that is TOTALLY what those of us who levelled to 60 first on the server did, riiiight. If I was waiting for people that slow I'd have what? Gotten a few blues to replace with greens 5-10 levels later? Or I could have skipped the grouping to hit 60 right away and farm gold/mats while waiting on others to level to dungeon.

He also thinks server emulation is the same as what Blizz would do so he believes it a nearly no cost factor. There is no winning with someone like that, as we've seen time and time again in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Vineri i am not talking about Legacy in my message, i was talking about private servers, and acording to the TOS, is not legal to talk or make publicity of them inside Blizzard games. I did that, inside the game and in the forums. They don't ban me.

Why?

I know why, cause i am 13€ a month every month for the last 12 years, plus the expansions and a lot of different name changes, realm change, etc...

That's why i'm not ban.
    So you got lucky that you haven't been banned on wow's forums yet? You think it is because you gave them tons of money? Yeah ok.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-11-29 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    @Ielenia you are wasting your time with RickJamesLich, he is using his experiences long after Vanilla-WoW was a thing so he does not remember (or even know) what it was like when the game was new when it came to forming groups, how long those runs could take to form and do. He never waited longer than 15 minutes? Why? Because he isn't on actual Vanilla when he makes that statement.

He also thinks server emulation is the same as what Blizz would do so he believes it a nearly no cost factor. There is no winning with someone like that, as we've seen time and time again in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

So you got lucky that you haven't been banned on wow's forums yet? You think it is because you gave them tons of money? Yeah ok.
    And inside the game.

Lucky is if u do it 2 or 3 times and they don't catch you. After 6 years of doing it, dont think is lucky.

Why?

That's why i'm not ban.
    I've seen some passive forum posts regarding such places, which got deleted within 2-3 hours. As for in-game, there is no security force on each server to catch you. Enough people would need to copy what you said, timestamp it, then submit it as a violation. Apparently people are not giving you citations, so either you didn't hit a big enough audience, or people agree, and/or can't be bothered.

Essentially, in-game stuff is far less moderated than the forums. With recent developments, if you open a new official forum thread regarding Legacy (even if you just want to discuss Blizzard doing it), I'd expect it to be deleted, as I've seen many come and vanish. Hence no current Legacy threads on BattleNet.

There is an active threat, one Blizzard acknowledges, but they do not yet know how to handle it (yet). Making it go away doesn't seem to fix anything. They are in a PR pickle.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-29 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Essentially, in-game stuff is far less moderated than the forums. With recent developments, if you open a new official forum thread regarding Legacy (even if you just want to discuss Blizzard doing it), I'd expect it to be deleted, as I've seen many come and vanish. Hence no current Legacy threads on BattleNet.
    Oh really? http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=26#post-502

Seems like they just don't want the forums to be flooded with a bunch of the same posts from the same people every few days.

There is an active threat, one Blizzard acknowledges, but they do not yet know how to handle it (yet). Making it go away doesn't seem to fix anything. They are in a PR pickle.
    This isn't a problem unique to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Oh really? http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=26#post-502

Seems like they just don't want the forums to be flooded with a bunch of the same posts from the same people every few days.
    A sticky thread on the top too - a bit outdated though pre-Blizzcon. Their stance changed since this original thread title can't be mentioned any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    A sticky thread on the top too - a bit outdated though pre-Blizzcon. Their stance changed since this original thread title can't be mentioned any longer.
    Not sure what your point is. There's a current Legacy thread on Battle.net, despite what you have said.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Not sure what your point is. There's a current Legacy thread on Battle.net, despite what you have said.
    Post #1 (blue) is outdated, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Again, how do you know that this is a motivator?
    Because it can be a motivator? Simple as such.

So a single person wanting to play for free is a good reason for not doing legacy servers? Come on buddy.
    The stretches you make here would make Plastic Man pull a muscle attempting something like that. Seriously, that was never my argument. Not even close.

Incorrect, check out the level requirement on the tidal charm or nifty stop watch for example. Or the hand of justice, thrash blade, staff of jordan, blackstone ring, earth warder's gloves, etc. I think part of the reason you mention it's tough to start a guild or get into groups is because you think it's ok to wear green's and then go to a place like UBRS lol. It doesn't work that way, or you'll have to wait a long time before you get an invite.
    Funny how you assume I'm only talking about the end-game dungeons.

If Legion made improvements here, that's good, but this type of thing did not happen in the last 3 expansions. You could go through entire zones without a need to even group up for anything.
    Same as vanilla WoW.

Going back to your comment on just soloing your way to 60 without trying to get upgrades along the way - that is why you'd have trouble getting into something like BRD. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get into that place, no joke lol. If you're doing it wrong, you will have a tough time getting into dungeons though.
    Funny how you assume I'm only talking about the end-game dungeons. (x2)

Incorrect. In vanilla for example, the speed of your weapon mattered, so lower level item with a good speed would better than an item that is technically a higher level with a bad speed. From what I've seen, on retail, 2 handers for example, all have the same speed. Is this not correct?
    So you're saying that once you found a weapon with "good speed", you'd never find another weapon with good speed until a few dozen levels ahead? There was no way you could find a better weapon in just a level or two?

Of course it's not the same, but to pretend this is a massive financial undertaking that could jeoparodize blizzard is rather silly. Not to mention blizzard has received requests for help on this completely for free. You don't get cheaper than free lol.
    This entire paragraph only confirms you know nothing of not only how to differentiate an emulation from the real deal, but you also know nothing about server implementation and how businesses work. Seriously, if you had even an inkling of an idea, you wouldn't go saying nonsense like "to pretend this is a massive financial undertaking that could jeopardize Blizzard is rather silly". It's not something done with pocket change. Not at all.

Putting is simplified in layman's terms for you: gotta buy more server hardware; transfer or hire, then train developers to work on adapting the old source code to work with the new server hardware AND integration with the new Battle.Net; also keep said developers to work on whatever issues may arise during the game's life, do weekly maintenance, and develop new patches to make sure the game works on new hardware that will be released in the future; transfer or hire, then train people to be customer support for vanilla, on forums, e-mail and phone.

Of course, there's much more to it than just that, but like I said, I'm just simplifying it to layman's terms for you.

Nobody said they are the exact same thing lol. You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say, I rather said that there are teams of people, with considerably less resources that have been able to do it, I'm sure blizzard doing the "real thing" cannot be as difficult as you pretend it is.
    You claim I'm "putting words in your mouth", but that couldn't be further from the truth. You are doing a perfect job at that, yourself. Seriously. You claim you never said they're the same thing, yet on the same paragraph, you basically say so, by saying other people, with less resources, have been able to do it, when all they did was to use emulation. Seriously, are you even reading what you're writing, at this point?

We've already see emulations do extremely well, naturally the real thing, which receives much more advertisement and is official, is going to obtain subscribers. Not to mention the original game ended up with over 5 million subscribers. Everything points to success and you haven't provided any sort of argument otherwise.
    Once again, you prove you have no idea about the differences between an emulation and the real deal. Seriously. Stop posting about that, you're only making yourself look worse and worse.

Again, we can read between the lines lol. You started posting rules and then people started getting infracted.
    I started posting rules? So you're saying that the post from Moanalisa that I quoted when the mod restates and explains the rules somehow came after I quoted Moanalisa? Seriously, do you even read what you write, anymore? People was getting infracted before I started to point out to you the rules, because, at that point, you were basically the only one still defying the rules.

You essentially try to bait people into violating the rules and then mark them for infractions. Kind of a low thing to do.
    Again, we've already seen you do this. In the last post you were trying to act like a tough guy about it too lol. It's clear you don't want evidence, hence why you report people over it.
    Seriously. Stop lying. I never baited anyone. But if you keep making stupid, unfounded accusations against me to try to make me look bad to others, I'll just put you on ignore if you cannot have civil discourse without constantly resorting to libel.

We've already seen retention rates for players are considerably better on said servers, and they have a longer shelf life than regular expansions. As for it being worth the cost? Again, blizzard has been offered help to do it for free. Zero cost.
    "Zero costs". Again, you show zero knowledge about the differences between emulation and the real thing, plus have shown an incredible naivete to believe it would truly be "zero costs" for Blizzard.

Of course it does, they give us the best chance of an educated guess that we can get. So now you are going back to not wanting evidence? lol.
    It gives us as much a chance at an "educated guess" as the alien movies from Hollywood give us a chance at an "educated guess" about how aliens look like. In other words: zero. For the simple fact they're emulations completely destroy any real possibility it could give us an "educated guess" at how the real deal operates.