Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Lol no. Just compare the mats of these Legion flasks and potions and the time it takes to acquire them versus the mats needed to make WoD/MoP/Cata/WotLK flasks and potions and the time it takes to require them. They are MUCH more costly to make. They take way longer than previous expansions to farm the require mats per crafted item.

It's Blizzard's design. Stop white knighting, please. Blizzard even said themselves it was their design choice in Legion to have flasks and potions be more costly.

It's a ridiculous design that only favors rich guilds and players who want to raid. Those who don't want to spend all their gold or all their time herbing (which is a mindless, unastifying activity) but still want to raid get screwed over.

Potions costing 500g each this long after launch is absurd.
    Let me try and spell it out in words that you might understand...

People lazy.
    Herbs pain to get.
    Means less people gathering them.
    Means price goes up.
    herbs needed for potions/flasks,
    herbs expensive means flasks expensive.
    So far so good?

The people that are willing to herb are selling them for the prices people will pay.

Now, if you disagree you are going to have to tell me what part you disagree with.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    blizz will never perma ban botters cos they give blizzard money would you turn down that amount of money,blizzard used to permaban people but thats extremely rare even botters only get a 1-3 day ban and when they do ban bots its like twice a year, even after the recent bot banwave ive seen bots come back again maybe if they had a team to deal with cheaters like this they could permaban them but then blizzards money hungry greed comes into it cos thats all they care about money and pleasing there accountants and shareholders when it should be there customers there focusing on, cos without customers you aint shit

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Yeah, and lose all that monthly revenue 18-24 months at a time between ban waves.
    Perma ban and if they want to play/bot again they have to buy all expansions again at least(Do it not during a sale) Still some $
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and lose all that monthly revenue 18-24 months at a time between ban waves.
    And how many of those botters are using stolen CC/Debt Card which in-turn gets redacted and Blizzard ends up with charge backs and no revenue. I agree with Sastank it should be permbans on anyone caught botting and all their account info ie CC/Debt Card should be red flagged so it can't be used again to make a new account if they didn't use a stolen card at that time frame. I am a legitimate player that is damn tried of fighting against herb and mine bots for mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Lol no. Just compare the mats of these Legion flasks and potions and the time it takes to acquire them versus the mats needed to make WoD/MoP/Cata/WotLK flasks and potions and the time it takes to require them. They are MUCH more costly to make. They take way longer than previous expansions to farm the require mats per crafted item.

It's Blizzard's design. Stop white knighting, please. Blizzard even said themselves it was their design choice in Legion to have flasks and potions be more costly.

It's a ridiculous design that only favors rich guilds and players who want to raid. Those who don't want to spend all their gold or all their time herbing (which is a mindless, unastifying activity) but still want to raid get screwed over.

Potions costing 500g each this long after launch is absurd.
    How does this design only benefit rich players,rich guilds or raiders? Can not anyone herb and/or be an alchemist? If anything doesn't this benefit the poorer players? As they now have a good way to make gold. If you don't want to herb then you are saying you are fine with the prices because guess what? If you don't like the prices you can get the herbs and make it yourself. You might have a leg to stand on if these mats where hidden in raids or one had to buy them but anyone and I mean anyone can gather them and then make the potions and flasks. The only truth in your post is the fact you are lazy and that is the reason you are poor and don't have these mats,potions and flasks. Maybe look into the mirror and blame the real problem yourself instead of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Let me try and spell it out in words that you might understand...

People lazy.
    Herbs pain to get.
    Means less people gathering them.
    Means price goes up.
    herbs needed for potions/flasks,
    herbs expensive means flasks expensive.
    So far so good?

The people that are willing to herb are selling them for the prices people will pay.

Now, if you disagree you are going to have to tell me what part you disagree with.
    He's saying herbs being a pain to get and require alot of to make flask/pots were intentionally done this expansion. You guys are arguing two different points, but it is obvious Blizzard had purposely designed it so that flasks, potions, and herbs would cost a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    its like blizz just closed down all of the 100% automated factories that produces bread, now people have to manually make their own bread to fill their stomach,

the end result is players are forced to either pay ridiculous prices or starve n suffer

No, the bot banwave did not help.
    #welfarelogic

Didn't even cross your mind to be self sufficient. Not even an option there huh?

Deleted
    If you don't have time to farm because of job... Buy a token

Time vs Money friend, economy is fantastic at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    He's saying herbs being a pain to get and require alot of to make flask/pots were intentionally done this expansion. You guys are arguing two different points, but it is obvious Blizzard had purposely designed it so that flasks, potions, and herbs would cost a lot.
    Yes they did people cried for professions to be meaningful again and guess what they are. Thing is everyone can go herb or mine. Even made it easier to switch professions as one can buy the book to learn skills they use to have. Dont like the prices or have the gold go collect and make it oneself. Funny thing is if one chooses to do it themselves they can also make gold from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    If you don't have time to farm because of job... Buy a token

Time vs Money friend, economy is fantastic at the moment
    Also people seem to forget that if one puts more time and effort in they get rewarded.
    Almost as if that was done intentionally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Perma ban and if they want to play/bot again they have to buy all expansions again at least(Do it not during a sale) Still some $
    blizzard isn't banning bots during sales. They are having sales during banwaves.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Is it really helping the economy though?
    Yes, absolutely.

In short it stimulates the economy by incentivizing real players to go out into the world and become productive. In return those same real players acquire gold which is then used to further stimulate the economy.

The fallacy is the idea that because bots sell mats cheaply this is a benefit for us real players. The reality is it is not because even though we may be paying less for those mats, we are all earning a lot less because the bots have stolen our proverbial jobs.

I mean if you as blizzard know that will ban lets say 100k bots that carry mats and consumables on them, you need to find a way to compensate for it or else the economy is screwed.
    Here's how the economy compensates:

As soon as the bots disappear, the glut of cheap mats disappears too. Supply and demand quickly pushes prices up. As a result real players go out into the world and start farming stuff. Soon the price settles at a new higher price that is kept in check by the laws of supply and demand. If there are not enough mats on the market, prices go up and enterprising players simply farm more. If too many try to profit then the price drops and some people will stop farming.

Then a banwave came and jumped up to 1.2k and of course its gonna go even higher.
    Probably not. Why would it? Think of what is happening in the system:

While bots infest the economy it is not desirable for real players to participate in the economy. Prices are kept low, meaning the reward for your hard work is pitiful, and even worse, trying to sell your wares is laborious as the bots will keep undercutting you.

So what happens when the bots are suddenly removed from the system is that the market will suddenly experience a short term shortage of goods. What this does is drives the price up and it is not long before people start seeing the high prices and reconsider farming as a viable activity. This doesn't happen instantly though, it takes a few days or weeks for people to get up to speed and start building up stockpiles to sell, but once that happens the prices should come back down a bit. Maybe not as low as before, but you should expect a 'bump' effect after the banwave rather than a sustained upward trend.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno how much it's helping because there's still bots. I'd say it must be doing something because surely there'd be even more bots if they hadn't of had it.

Alls I know is selling flasks for 1200g feels fucking good. Rank 3 of Str/Agi flasks has been the real MPV this expansion.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

It's funny how you can get banned on one of your accounts, but if you create a new account on the same Bnet, guess what, all those juicy mounts, achievements, heirlooms, toys etc, are still there on your new account.
    It's like they didn't ban shit, only a few levels and AP/AK.
    A botter is smart enough to put all his stuff in a guild vault or trade it fast enough. Those who got hit in November was mostly those who used combat routines, fighting for you in pvp/pve.

Doesn't seem that harsh of a penalty though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Seems kinda silly to perma-ban anyone from a video game. It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    And how many of those botters are using stolen CC/Debt Card which in-turn gets redacted and Blizzard ends up with charge backs and no revenue. I agree with Sastank it should be permbans on anyone caught botting and all their account info ie CC/Debt Card should be red flagged so it can't be used again to make a new account if they didn't use a stolen card at that time frame. I am a legitimate player that is damn tried of fighting against herb and mine bots for mats.
    Not all botters use stolen CC/Debit cards. If I had to speculate, I would hazzard a guess that 80%-90% are simply everyday people who have everyday lives and who use bots for menial tasks like fishing, farming mats, archaeology, etc. As for fighting bots for mats, this is the first expac where mats are now individual. No more fighting for resources. If an account is running on a stolen card, sure, perma-ban. That is a legitimate real life felony. But if some neckbeard just wanted to level arch and go for a bug mount, 6 months is plenty. Hell, I'd do 3 months, but then again, I don't find it to be that serious of a "crime".

I would hazzard a guess that 80%-90% are simply everyday people who have everyday lives and who use bots for menial tasks like fishing, farming mats, archaeology, etc. .
    I would hazard to guess 100% of the percentages in your post are made up without any sort of non-anecdotal evidence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I would hazard to guess 100% of the percentages in your post are made up without any sort of non-anecdotal evidence.
    That is why it is called...

... a guess.

Maybe you'd rather discuss the topic. Unless of course you just got comfortable with your ad hominems.

That is why it is called...

... a guess.

Maybe you'd rather discuss the topic. Unless of course you just got comfortable with your ad hominems.
    That wasn't ad hominem.

7+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't ad hominem.
    ad ho·mi·nem
    adverb & adjective
    1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

So when you say...

It doesn't counter my argument, but looks more like a personal attack. Had you said something more like:

"Do you have any statistical data to back up those assumptions, or are you relying solely on your guess?", that would be more of a challenge against the statement, and not the person making it. It's a common mistake though.

BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC:

In my personal opinion, without any statistical data, I believe the majority of botters are not felons, but simply lazy players who need software to do the hardwork.

but looks more like
    So in your opinion it was ad hominem.

WoW, unfortunately, exists in a state where bots have become expected. Bans are hit'n'miss, and even when they're accurate, they're slow. It's unlikely that WoW is ever going to feel good on this front, and that's going to continue tarnishing significant chunks of the game.