LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is the wrong place to post that suggestion
    and don't think wow forums either..

you need to post it ingame in the suggestion box
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    Your train of thought seems derailed, especially considering your praise of Arcanum. A mix of tech and magic is where it's at and I predict if not the next expansion, then fairly soon, we will see a tech based expansion and a cookie cutter class, Tinker, to match it. And possibly a new system or two that lets us put points in tech and magic in other classes. It's inevitable.
    I praise Arcanum because it is a masterpiece, and in Arcanum the setting was in what look like victorian London, so the steam-punk elements fit in a great way.
    But put me those elements in baldur´s gate and i will hate them.
    Technomagic, in a good setting, one that makes sense, it is great, like for example "hellgate london", i love the classes that game had, but the setting was built accordingly.
    So an expansion centered about tinkers and technomagic could work as a charm if well done.

I'd love an xpac which centers around titan creations (somethinmg ulduar style) with gnomes etc., but I don't think blizz is ever gonna pull off something like that as gnomes are mostly treated as a joke.

In the end, I just hope they release a gnome-centric patch (with raids and/or dungeon(s)) which is always a possibility

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    uhhm I am Horde? free that city would be good in the short time but will bite us in the ass in the long run so unless we are idots we will not help them free it.
    That makes sense from that perspective, but we had the Siege of Orgrimmar already, where the Alliance just gave the Horde their city for pretty much no reason as far as I remember, so eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    The theme isn't important. I'd just like them worked in and Gnomer taken back. My OP was obviously worded poorly as an entire expac would not surround Gnomer, but my thought process was:

- Add tinkers via Gnomes and goblins
    - X.05 : Plans are made with Mekkatorque on how to recover Gnomer
    - X.1 : The initial assault begins (more like a scenario and less like a raid)
    - X.2 : The 2nd phase of the assault (again, scenario not raid... like Theramore)
    - X.3 : Final phase Gnomer is recovered and for those who complete the scenarios, Gnomer is now a city, and not the existing radioactive hole.

Just like Theramore, if you never do the scenario, the area appears differently for the character. Then in the following expac, they could unlock the appearance for everyone. They just wouldn't get the achievement.
    That's a small patch like Landfall or Isle of Thunder. Not an entire expansion. And with all due respect it's a really weak idea - no one cares enough about Goblins and Gnomes for a patch about them, let alone a full expansion.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    That's a small patch like Landfall or Isle of Thunder. Not an entire expansion. And with all due respect it's a really weak idea - no one cares enough about Goblins and Gnomes for a patch about them, let alone a full expansion.
    The same was said of Pandas I'm sure it will never happen simply because of the narrow minded gnome hate, but one can smile and picture it in their mind.

The same was said of Pandas I'm sure it will never happen simply because of the narrow minded gnome hate, but one can smile and picture it in their mind.
    Pandaren? The race that was highly wanted since Warcraft 3 and was almost added as the next Alliance race along side Blood Elves but didn't fit the expansion theme so they retconned Draenei as their replacement? Those Pandaren?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Pandaren? The race that was highly wanted since Warcraft 3 and was almost added as the next Alliance race along side Blood Elves but didn't fit the expansion theme so they retconned Draenei as their replacement? Those Pandaren?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WoW-s-history It's a tiny poll with a very tiny sample size, but it would appear the handful of people who wanted Kung Fu pandas got their wish and then vanished faster than the people who elected a president no one wanted (no Pres in particular). It was one character from one RTS, and they made an entire expac. One would think since there are plenty of gnomes, and Mekkatorque is finally getting some good facetime in Legion, it is just about time to make him, and his race, a centerpiece in a future expac. Just my opinion though. But, if we can get panda bears, I would imagine Gnome/Goblin content is not a far reach.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WoW-s-history It's a tiny poll with a very tiny sample size, but it would appear the handful of people who wanted Kung Fu pandas got their wish and then vanished faster than the people who elected a president no one wanted (no Pres in particular). It was one character from one RTS, and they made an entire expac. One would think since there are plenty of gnomes, and Mekkatorque is finally getting some good facetime in Legion, it is just about time to make him, and his race, a centerpiece in a future expac. Just my opinion though. But, if we can get panda bears, I would imagine Gnome/Goblin content is not a far reach.
    Wasn't talking about this site when I made my post but oh well.

Gnome content? EHHHH we may very likely get GOBLIN content though with Undermine as the Major city in 8.0 ran by the Cartels ofc. Gives us plenty of chance to see Gnomes / Goblins / and Ethereals in the City of Commerce and Backstabbing

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just the mention of Gnomes leaves it open to ridicule. They're my favorite race, so I figured I'd give it a go.
    Gnomeregen is not really that great of a city and having the goblins and gnomes work together around it, does not really make sense since goblins have no connection to Gnomeregan and it is dangerrously close to Ironforge.

Taking back Gnomeregan as a main goal for an expansion is also a very small goal, so it makes your expansion look a bit weak and boring. I would love to see the city of Gnomeregan be recaptured, made into a real faction city and get the dungeon remade, but i really think that this should maybe be done in a X.X.5 patch and not as a main expansion or patch.

So i like your idea, but it is maybe a bit misplaced Try thinking around a patch, where Gnomes take Gnomeregan and Goblins maybe build out Azshara Harbor to be a bigger city, which would lead them to create the Tinker class later on, since they have more time and place to focus on new ways of invention
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Sounds like a better idea that Gnomes take back Gnomergan for good, Goblins retake Kezan; both find left-behind technologies furthering the expansion to more tinkers in the world.
    Liberal but not Democrat.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't give two shits about gnomeregan, and at this point I'm certain blizzard doesn't either. Also, not sure if there's much room for fitting them into the upcoming expansions (stuff seems to be getting hella serious).

Though I've always loved the idea of a tinker class, even well before I knew that adding more classes to the game was even a possibility.

Though I don't think there's need to cut them down to 2 specs.
    I think explosives*, mechanics** and chemist*** are distinct enough to provide three playstyles, and they'd all be ridiculous enough to work out for the class.
    "Smaller Gadgets" for mobility/utility could be the uniting stuff that all three specs have shared.

* Int-based Gun-wielding ranged class, low physical damage, mostly throws bombs and mines and such, provides room for some powered-up versions of engineering items that, sadly, never see much use nowadays because everything's forbidden from being used in any instanced pve or pvp content.

** Int-based Melee fighter who doesn't actually use their melee weapon - attacks with robot arms (as seen from WC3 tinker), electroshocks/drills/saws can supplement melee rotation, can create temporary mechanical minions (who run out of power and/or explode after some time) and structures (see the wc3 tinker's bot-factory ability) turrets, can get into a mech-suit to beef up, similar to metamorphosis maybe.

*** Int-based Hybrid dps/heal (with a different style from how discipline priests do it, though), throw/spray potions at enemies for magic damage and random debuffs (each ability applies 1 or 2 out of a set of debuffs), throw/spray healing potions, dish out lots of diverse buffs (resistances, stimpacks, mana regen) to allies, maybe even including cool transformations.

Well, not like anybody will care, but it's fun to write down these ideas once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

I vote ethereals as a new race after we have shat over Argus.

I think it could work if Blizzard took a quick "break" from major plot developments and went with a "Vanilla" style WoW Expansion. (Maybe Call it, Adventures of Azeroth?) The idea that comes to mind is after Legion is settled the world gets revamped with the Legion style questing/leveling system and update the world to match it. Instead of making everything Cata themed make zones keep an overall theme unrelated to the main story as much as possible. The overall theme is each patch will cover a new plot line/story related to the future of WoW with the culmination being either N'zoth or the Void Lords that's being hinted in Legion. The overall goal is to bring back that, "warm, fuzzy vanilla feeling" back to WoW, attempt to grab a new generation of heroes/adventurers into the game and prepare people for the next generation of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomeregan should be made a capital city. Retaking it doesn't have to be shown.

I'd like a revamp that makes it a fun place to visit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    I think it could work if Blizzard took a quick "break" from major plot developments and went with a "Vanilla" style WoW Expansion. (Maybe Call it, Adventures of Azeroth?) The idea that comes to mind is after Legion is settled the world gets revamped with the Legion style questing/leveling system and update the world to match it. Instead of making everything Cata themed make zones keep an overall theme unrelated to the main story as much as possible. The overall theme is each patch will cover a new plot line/story related to the future of WoW with the culmination being either N'zoth or the Void Lords that's being hinted in Legion. The overall goal is to bring back that, "warm, fuzzy vanilla feeling" back to WoW, attempt to grab a new generation of heroes/adventurers into the game and prepare people for the next generation of Warcraft.
    I like it! Very nice.

It wasn't an expansion about Pandas. If you think it was, I suggest you play through MoP again and read the quest text.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It wasn't an expansion about Pandas. If you think it was, I suggest you play through MoP again and read the quest text.
    Hmmm...

- Panda monk trainers added to every zone with Monk capable races
    - Large turtle is a starting zone for Pandas
    - Pandas become the first multi-factional race
    - You deal with Pandas, Jinyu, and Hozen from the moment you make landfall
    - Every quest hub has Pandas
    - most of the stories are about pandas
    - All of the instances and most of the raids have Pandas

We had a small skirmish in Krasarang Wilds between the Alliance and Horde (Landfall dailies), SoO was pretty much orcs and trolls, Dino and Thunder isles were Troll based. If you played MoP and thought it had barely anything to do with Pandas, I suggest you play through MoP again and look around this time.

Hmmm...

- Panda monk trainers added to every zone with Monk capable races
    Yes, because the Pandaren were the first to train as Monks to break free of the Mogu tyranny.

- Large turtle is a starting zone for Pandas
    That's because it's their starting zone, no one else can go there, so irrelevant to the overall MoP story

- Pandas become the first multi-factional race
    I fail to see how this is relevant to a discussion about the entire expansion being about Pandaren.

- You deal with Pandas, Jinyu, and Hozen from the moment you make landfall
    Jinyu and Hozen aren't Pandaren. They're denizens of Pandaria. So how are they relevent?

- Every quest hub has Pandas
    Pretty sure it doesn't, but even if it does - we're in their native land. Doesn't have anything to do with the themes of the expansion or the story.

- most of the stories are about pandas
    No they aren't. Sha, Celestials, Kraxxi, Alliance-Horde conflict, Mogu, Trolls.

I'd say most of the story is about the Sha.

- All of the instances and most of the raids have Pandas
    I'll stick to the actual MoP dungeons and ignore the revamped vanilla ones.

ToJS - Sha corrupting Pandaren and other races.
    SSB - Virmen and Hozen attacking a Pandaren brewery.
    MP - Mogu.
    SPM - Sha corrupting Pandaren.
    Gate - Klaxxi and Mantid.
    Niuzao Temple - Klaxxi and Mantid.

So three of the six have a Pandaren story. Two of those are more about the Sha than the Pandaren. The third is finally a Pandaren story but totally irrelevant to the meta story.

MSV - Mogu story arc.
    ToeS - Sha story arc.
    HoF - Klaxxi and Sha story arc.
    IoT - Mogu and Trolls story arc.
    SoO - Horde and Alliance conflict story arc.

Nothing about the Pandaren in raids.

We had a small skirmish in Krasarang Wilds between the Alliance and Horde (Landfall dailies), SoO was pretty much orcs and trolls, Dino and Thunder isles were Troll based. If you played MoP and thought it had barely anything to do with Pandas, I suggest you play through MoP again and look around this time.
    So you're arguing MoP is an expansion entirely about Pandas yet you've said it yourself.

5.1 - Horde Alliance conflict.
    5.2 - Mogu and Trolls story.
    5.3 - Horde rebellion story.
    5.4 - Horde Alliance conflict and Sha story.

The expansion was about the conflict between the Horde and Alliance and shows the collateral damage in the form of these feelings becoming manifest and the damage to an innocent peoples land. I'm not going to deny the Pandaren aren't an intrinsic part of the expansions story, they're part of the core of it all. But there is far more to it than just them.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-11-29 at 12:59 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I praise Arcanum because it is a masterpiece, and in Arcanum the setting was in what look like victorian London, so the steam-punk elements fit in a great way.
    But put me those elements in baldur´s gate and i will hate them.
    Technomagic, in a good setting, one that makes sense, it is great, like for example "hellgate london", i love the classes that game had, but the setting was built accordingly.
    So an expansion centered about tinkers and technomagic could work as a charm if well done.
    Thing is, in the Far East, there have been pyrotechnics since the time of the Medieval Age in Europe, so you could argue that a fantasy game could include some kind of firearms. Also, sappeur / demolisher units (goblins for Horde, for example) from Warcraft II have introduced explosives quite early on into the storyline. The combination of classical fantasy themes with steampunk elements is one of the unique traits of WoW for me, and don't disturb me much.

Honestly, WoW borrowed too many concepts and has too many pop culture references to be handled in the same way as you would handle a LotR setting. I sometimes feel that they theoretically could get away with anything. We already got a merger of many games in HotS.

BTT: Retaking Gnomeregan should be an Alliance thing only - and even if Horde characters / players participate in the whole thing, they should leave afterwards, just like in the UC scenario or OG raid. GR being a home for both gnomes and goblins cannot work out. If we would have a titan-centric expansion which focuses on clockwork gnomes and such, a new sanctuary similar to Shattrath or Dalaran would be better than going to GR which is in the Alliance starting area and in of no real importance except to gnomes because it's their home.

If they manage to create a Tinker class (mail armour please!), then why not. But I rather would want a Bard instead (also mail armour, we have the lowest amount of classes for this type).