Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My first legendary was Norgannon's Foresight. My second legendary was Prydaz. I am not wearing either.
    Whatever, life goes on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramenkoenig View Post
    My first legendary was Norgannon's Foresight. My second legendary was Prydaz. I am not wearing either.
    Whatever, life goes on
    That's pretty much the worst possible outcome. I am pretty mad cause I have just 2 legendaries with over 450+ m+ runs. 35 fire 33 arcane traits. People with 50 runs have 2 legs, and some with 100 have 3. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    That's pretty much the worst possible outcome. I am pretty mad cause I have just 2 legendaries with over 450+ m+ runs. 35 fire 33 arcane traits. People with 50 runs have 2 legs, and some with 100 have 3. It's getting ridiculous at this point.
    I feel your pain. About 200 mythic+ runs at this point and only 1 leg.

As a side note what mythic+ do you run? It's almost certainly a conspiracy theory, but I'm wondering if Blizzard punishes you for running the same one over and over. I think I have like 60% Maw of Souls.

As a side note the best bonespeaker leggings I've gotten are 855.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simple82189 View Post
    I feel your pain. About 200 mythic+ runs at this point and only 1 leg.

As a side note what mythic+ do you run? It's almost certainly a conspiracy theory, but I'm wondering if Blizzard punishes you for running the same one over and over. I think I have like 60% Maw of Souls.

As a side note the best bonespeaker leggings I've gotten are 855.
    Well I have like 150 maws. And I have around 250 2-5 runs and 190 above 5 and rest 10+. And that's not even counting ones which I didn't make in time. Are you playing that char from the beginning of the expansion though?

Well I have like 150 maws. And I have around 250 2-5 runs and 190 above 5 and rest 10+. And that's not even counting ones which I didn't make in time. Are you playing that char from the beginning of the expansion though?
    Nope I had started with a shaman and dinged early October. You think time played actually has something to do with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simple82189 View Post
    Nope I had started with a shaman and dinged early October. You think time played actually has something to do with it?
    It definitely does not, but I feel like emissary chests, and raid clears have much higher chance of dropping legs, than simply m+ farming. Although I do play from the beginning on my mage, and my drop rate is still bad. But you usually see people having two legendaries in one day from emissary chests, not from multiple m+ runs.

Deleted
    It definitely does not, but I feel like emissary chests, and raid clears have much higher chance of dropping legs, than simply m+ farming. Although I do play from the beginning on my mage, and my drop rate is still bad. But you usually see people having two legendaries in one day from emissary chests, not from multiple m+ runs.
    It does make me wonder that seeing so many variations to the drop rates of people doing many M+ that the bad luck protection actually applies at the same rate in dungeons, as the more you do the better your chances are, but that does not seem the case now we are so far into the expac that people have done 250+ runs. It would not surprise me that emissary caches have an increased rate since they are not spammable, but that's just the cynic in me i guess. I only have 1 on my main (mage) and 1 on my monk, both from emissary chests.

That's because everyone does emissary quests and not everyone m+.

I got both my shitty legendaries from raid and m+

Deleted
    Yep, the four legendaries i had got in my characters were from raids or mythic+, none from emissaries.

Deleted
    As far as I can tell, after the last "buffs" to drop rates of legiondaries, it seems to me that the highest chances are now from the most "normal" activities - understand emissary quest chest and HC boss kills.
    I have almost stoped playing my mage. Only doing emissary quests when there are 3 up and that's it. No raids. No mythic+ runs. And yesterday I got my 2nd one from the cache (wooho proud bearer of shard and assault wraps). Where on my DH, that I play a lot more actively after 7.1, I do around 20 key runs with 3 chests and one push for high one for the weekly chest. Clearing LFR, Normal and HC EN and LFR and Normal ToV. I have seen 0 legiondaries drop from mythic+. Where on the other hand they are "raining" from caches and hc bosses. Heck i have even seen at the very least 3 drops while doing the daily dungeon. The drops on my DH are only from HC bosses.
    Also I want to add that I play in relatively very "alive" guild. There is a always around 30 people online, Wednesdays spiking to 60+. There is core mythic group and a lot of back ups and reserves and a lot of casuals too. For the last month people got their legiondaries only from the mentioned activities - caches and hc bosses, and I haven't seen the guys to get any drop from the mythic boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    As far as I can tell, after the last "buffs" to drop rates of legiondaries, it seems to me that the highest chances are now from the most "normal" activities - understand emissary quest chest and HC boss kills.
    I have almost stoped playing my mage. Only doing emissary quests when there are 3 up and that's it. No raids. No mythic+ runs. And yesterday I got my 2nd one from the cache (wooho proud bearer of shard and assault wraps). Where on my DH, that I play a lot more actively after 7.1, I do around 20 key runs with 3 chests and one push for high one for the weekly chest. Clearing LFR, Normal and HC EN and LFR and Normal ToV. I have seen 0 legiondaries drop from mythic+. Where on the other hand they are "raining" from caches and hc bosses. Heck i have even seen at the very least 3 drops while doing the daily dungeon. The drops on my DH are only from HC bosses.
    Also I want to add that I play in relatively very "alive" guild. There is a always around 30 people online, Wednesdays spiking to 60+. There is core mythic group and a lot of back ups and reserves and a lot of casuals too. For the last month people got their legiondaries only from the mentioned activities - caches and hc bosses, and I haven't seen the guys to get any drop from the mythic boss kills.
    legendaries also drop from random (daily) heroic dungeons?

The more you know... I never - not once - did that shit.

Finally got the helm last night. A really nice boost to M+ dps, holy crap!

How does this fit into my single target rotation? I remember reading awhile ago to use it on cooldown between combustion cycles. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    But there were no buffs, why do you say that? Bad luck protection (meaning increasing drop chance with every eligible loot) was always working, it's just that now it's working beyond 4 items cap. Did you have 4 items? If not, it's all just your anecdotal experience. In my guild I've noticed none of those things, we actually got spike in Legendary acqusition rate about a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    But there were no buffs, why do you say that? Bad luck protection (meaning increasing drop chance with every eligible loot) was always working, it's just that now it's working beyond 4 items cap. Did you have 4 items? If not, it's all just your anecdotal experience. In my guild I've noticed none of those things, we actually got spike in Legendary acqusition rate about a month ago
    No...they confirmed that they buffed the drop rate if you did NOT have a legendary on the release of 7.1 this was in a blue post for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post

How does this fit into my single target rotation? I remember reading awhile ago to use it on cooldown between combustion cycles. Is that true?
    That sounds right to me.

The ambiguity with legendaries right now is that there still isn't a clear understanding on how to obtain them efficiently. Everyone just has anecdotal personal evidence, and the polls that aggregate drops aren't thorough enough to draw meaningful conclusions from. For example, legion has been out for about 3 months right now so the chance of getting one out of an emissary if you've done ~90 of them is probably high. But you can't conclude that emissaries are the fastest way of getting a legendary, because maybe you started recently and are better off farming mythic+ for one as they are renewable and emissaries are capped.

From my understanding of their bad luck protection it is a simple probability equation that starts at a very low percentage. That percentage determines your drop rate for each major event you complete i.e. mythic+ chests, weekly chests, emissaries, etc. Each major event you complete increases the legendary drop rate by a very small coefficient, and coefficients vary based on the event. Ordering them from highest to lowest seems to be something like this:

Weekly chest > Emissaries > Doing a raid (Mythic > Heroic > Normal > LFR) > Mythic+ (higher levels > lower levels & more chests > fewer chests) > Other random shit like world bosses and daily heroics

Back to the ambiguity and my personal frustration - what if you run 20 mythic+ every week (let's say an average of mythic 7 and 2 chests)? Is that "better" than an emissary? What if it's not? As an extreme example, what if an emissary is worth 150 mythic+? That would certainly dissuade me and I'm sure a lot of other people from farming legendaries out of mythic+.

Norgannon-Koralon-Belo'vir i don't equip those crap boots ofc
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted

Use it on CD on single target. Also try to fit it on the last second of Combustion I think. Not 100% sure since I dont own it but I think it deals more dmg than pyro

Deleted
    I got the belt earlier for fire spec, how good even is it? any tips with using scorch sub 25%? and is the rework to it a buff or nerf cant tell

Even stronger in coming patch, can throw it in your combustion burn, it procs heating up, so basically you have a new Fireblast that does 3 times the damage, guaranteed to crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    I got the belt earlier for fire spec, how good even is it? any tips with using scorch sub 25%? and is the rework to it a buff or nerf cant tell
    Rework to it is big buff. Right now it's meh. You might as well not use it, you have to be in melee to use it and it's just few k dps increase even when used properly.