Archavon's heavy hand

If the nerf to our legendary gloves stays like they currently are on the ptr, how big of an nerf is it? And how mutch will it affect the player that allready got them? Will they still be our 2 bis?

Deleted
    Nerf to gloves is about 5-7% of dps loss. However, they are still better than ring as it was nerfed as well (3ppm down to 2ppm). If they won't buff our base dmg then we are screwed. Currently with gloves our dps was on pair with other dps classes (sometimes it was not enough), and our legendaries are getting some hard nerfs (50% on gloves, 30% on ring) while other classes' legendaries remain untouched, and on top of that they are getting some great new legendaries.
    To be honest nerfing gloves by 50%, while mage's wrist legendary which is much stronger than gloves is nerfed by 16% is a joke.

Will the 8 rage proc still be superior to an 910 item with mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoloko View Post
    Will the 8 rage proc still be superior to an 910 item with mastery?
    Yeah, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    while mage's wrist legendary which is much stronger than gloves
    only somebody who doesnt own the gloves can hold this opinion kek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    only somebody who doesnt own the gloves can hold this opinion kek
    Mage's lege wrists gives them approx 10% dps increase, so gives us lege gloves. Meanwhile wrist are getting nerfed by 16% and gloves by 50% Logic.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2016-11-28 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf to gloves is about 5-7% of dps loss. However, they are still better than ring as it was nerfed as well (3ppm down to 2ppm). If they won't buff our base dmg then we are screwed. Currently with gloves our dps was on pair with other dps classes (sometimes it was not enough), and our legendaries are getting some hard nerfs (50% on gloves, 30% on ring) while other classes' legendaries remain untouched, and on top of that they are getting some great new legendaries.
    To be honest nerfing gloves by 50%, while mage's wrist legendary which is much stronger than gloves is nerfed by 16% is a joke.
    I keep hearing the ring was nerfed but I've seen 0 documentation as to this fact. Could you show me where there is evidence the ring was nerfed?

Deleted
    Arms discord. Multiple people have tested it.

Deleted
    Mage's lege wrists gives them approx 10% dps increase, so gives us lege gloves. Meanwhile wrist are getting nerfed by 16% and gloves by 50% Logic.
    Firemage Bracers are brought down to 200% from 300% so more like a 33% nerf?
    And strictly the Gloves are nerfed by 46.5% and Ring by 33%.

It still seems a bit tough on Gloves, but maybe that's because they influence the rotation too much. You never know whether they will bring Arms baseline up to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Firemage Bracers are brought down to 200% from 300% so more like a 33% nerf?
    And strictly the Gloves are nerfed by 46.5% and Ring by 33%.

It still seems a bit tough on Gloves, but maybe that's because they influence the rotation too much. You never know whether they will bring Arms baseline up to compensate.
    Blizzard reverts that change. So they are nerfing them only to 250% from 300%. U can find this change somewhere on the main page.

Ring was not nerfed. I have the ring, I tested it on the PTR myself for 30 minutes. Same procs between 2-5 average while BC is on CD, that's roughly 3+ per minute.

There is no official word from Blizzard saying the ring was nerfed, unless they apply the actual nerf tomorrow.

Only the gloves were nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Ring was not nerfed. I have the ring, I tested it on the PTR myself for 30 minutes. Same procs between 2-5 average while BC is on CD, that's roughly 3+ per minute.

There is no official word from Blizzard saying the ring was nerfed, unless they apply the actual nerf tomorrow.

Hopefully you're right, it seemed pretty odd that they would post all the changes to every other legendary but stealth nerf the execute ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroid View Post
    Hopefully you're right, it seemed pretty odd that they would post all the changes to every other legendary but stealth nerf the execute ring.
    I've tested it. There is no nerf and there is no official post. I mean by now they should have said something. We'll wait few more weeks to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post

U should have tested it more then... if your ring procs 2-5 during the window where bc was on CD (bc CD is 30s) it means that ur ring has 4-10 ppm I still pref to believe an experienced warriors from discord as i know that they tested it for hours and not for 30minutes...

Deleted
    U should have tested it more then... if your ring procs 2-5 during the window where bc was on CD (bc CD is 30s) it means that ur ring has 4-10 ppm I still pref to believe an experienced warriors from discord as i know that they tested it for hours and not for 30minutes...
    He Might have bin fury? 50 sec BC.
    And im not seeing a nerf either. But im fury, and having same amount of proccs roughly.

I have the legendary gloves on my warrior and the legendary wrists on my mage. It's not so simple as to just compare these nerfs the way you are doing. The way mages use their wrist legendary is a lot different than how warriors use the gloves.. When mages use a hard casted pyroblast there's a lot of risk/vs reward for committing the hard cast, especially when icy-floes is being removed. It's a lot different than just passively getting a refund on an instant cast ability that you're normally using in your rotation. I'm testing both legendaries on the PTR (now that it's back up...) granted I haven't been testing it a lot because of the state of the PTR. In my opinion the fire mage bracers nerf is unwarranted, while the Arms gloves did need a slight nerf, but they went a little too far. The refund should be between 10 and 12, not 8 (Unless there's some secret we don't know about like reducing the rage cost of mortal strike). My point is that: the way these legendaries play out, in each respective spec, is too different to just simply compare the baseline nerf quantitatively.
    Last edited by jessegreathouse; 2016-11-29 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    @jessegreathouse
    Yeah i know, i am just a bit salty. 2 days after i dropped gloves the nerf was announced (meh). However, following the prot changes it is possible that FR will become baseline. So maybe we will be able to take Mortal Combo talent. Then i would understand nerf on the gloves.

It's the same procs I'm getting from live. I've had the ring for 2 months and a half and the chances of having absolutely 0 to 1 proc in-between BC window is very rare. I stand by what I have said. Also, don't assume we don't have any experience on this and rule us out. I've been a Warrior since 2005. Also, once again as we have mentioned it many times, there is no official post from Blizzard stating a nerf on the ring.

If you know any Warrior who have tested it for hours then give us the name so perhaps he could provide accurate data on this. We would like to see that.

Deleted
    @up
    Like i said before. Go and ask on warriors' discord.

10+ Year Old Account
    @up
    Like i said before. Go and ask on warriors' discord.
    In other words, there isn't evidence here. No documented changes to it when every other changed legendary was documented, and its PTR (so any differences are far more likely be due to bugs or differences rather than tested changes anyway) and the only evidence provided is "someone I know said it was changed."

Maybe it was changed, maybe not, but so far the answer to my question is still "no, we don't actually have documentation of any changes."

I mean, you haven't even given a screenshot of someone saying they tested it.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2016-11-29 at 10:37 PM.